Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voodoo ..My religion..

Papa Midnight60

saved from what ?? the idea of God itself is really just a superstition. a belief for which there is no proof.

I think your a christian fundie posing as something else. Just like a preacher that had lied and pretended to be an atheist on an atheist board ... who then got busted.

Im not a christian, i have no religion. I as a Sikh(learner, seeker of the truth). What have i been busted in? I just wanted to tell the topic starter, i beleive that his rituals are of no use, and that only by meditating on God, is the true way for happiness. Which doesn't come in the after life. But now and forever. That is what i know, and what you think i believe. So if you don't believe fine. But the universe is just, and everyone shall receive the fruits of their actions.

Edited by Haj01

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Midnight60

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Beckys_Mom

• Lt_Ripley

Im not a christian, i have no religion. I as a Sikh(learner, seeker of the truth). What have i been busted in? I just wanted to tell the topic starter, i beleive that his rituals are of no use, and that only by meditating on God, is the true way for happiness. Which doesn't come in the after life. But now and forever. That is what i know, and what you think i believe. So if you don't believe fine. But the universe is just, and everyone shall receive the fruits of their actions.

you don't know how many ways there are to God... quit trying to talk for God. All ways may be alright with God. Just as religions try to peg God with rules as how to get to God , saying there is only their way ............ you are doing the same ... no different .. it's hypocrisy.

Lt_Ripley don't feed the troll.

Haj01, expect a pm.

Now everyone back on topic.

you don't know how many ways there are to God... quit trying to talk for God. All ways may be alright with God. Just as religions try to peg God with rules as how to get to God , saying there is only their way ............ you are doing the same ... no different .. it's hypocrisy.

there are many paths to God you are right. I don't know all of them you are right. But there is no justification in killing the innocent. And God is just. I shouldn't try to speak for God, yes i am a hypocrite, so I will stop now but, all i'm trying to say is the way to achieve God is not through hypocrisy like what i was doing, or killing, but is has to come from your heart, thats what i ment with meditating. Which ever religion you follow, if you are not sincere to God in your heart and soul it doesn't matter what you do, it won't be accepted. My original post was to just attempt to say there can be no love for God with killing in the innocent. I will stop "speaking for God". I know nothing, im the fool of fools.

Lt_Ripley don't feed the troll.

I find this a hurtful comment. Im not disrupting, i am just saying there is no justification in killing innocent beings. If there is, prove it to me otherwise!

Edited by Haj01

I find this a hurtful comment. Im not disrupting, i am just saying there is no justification in killing innocent beings. If there is, prove it to me otherwise!

Most all faith based religions kill. It is in the very nature of power and that is what religion is about. Power and control and very few religions can claim they have never hurt to convert. Eating fish on friday not eating pork and fasting are ways of worship. If god gave us these things to use why not do so. If a god did not want different religions or different cultures than he would not have created them hence god made a boo-boo ?

If your god is the only god why did he screw things up so badly? As I can see it if your god is the true god he must have flunked out of god school and we are the result. Kinda funny if you ask me as god is the greatest killer of them all. The time it took me to write this post god has killed hundreds.

The killing of a sacrifice gives me great power as the animal dies it releases a tremendous energy I focus that to the spell. Then the sacrifice is burned completely as an offering to the spirit. :)

Also I did tell you there is another way some with a lesser request, the “wave” sacrifice, where the offering is passed over the alter or “waved” and then taken home to be killed and eaten.

Papa

Papa want to say to all, though I enjoy all views I hoped to teach about voodoo, not christanity.

Papa

Papa Midnight60 keep following your religion if you must, im not going to force you to do anything. But you will see for yourself nothing will come out of it in the end. And you will not be able to say you werent told.

thanks for your implied consent and I suppose i'll just have to take my chances.

Also it is not "my God". It is our God (Or i believe it is our God), i can't even describe a few of God's virtues for God is unknowable(in my opinion) Only by pure love can he be won over. (again in my opinion)

an unknowable god with nondescript virtues? you have a lot in common with agnostics

You didn't answer my question. "where is the justification in killing of innocent animals"

And you didn't answer MY question: "what is the name of this new and improved god?"

or is he nameless in addition to unknowable?

You are free to believe whatever you want. If you ever felt like i was attacking you, it is because i want you to know, i don't like the way you treat animals. But im not the boss of you. So i can't tell you what to do can i?

what about plants and vegetables? are they not living,breathing creatures of god that deserve the same reverence or is that another virtue that you are unsure of?

papa is unimpressed.

Papa want to say to all, though I enjoy all views I hoped to teach about voodoo, not christanity.

Papa

That is why you started this thread and I hope it stays on course. However your belief is one that Christians will have a problem with. I hope your thread is not inundated with Christians calling blasphemy. I am very interested in what you believe and practice and will not hold judgment. Keep up the great posts papa...

Can I ask is there a battle between dark and light Voodoo practices or is it more of a common belief it is for good ? I think you will get more posts believing Voodoo is evil.

I have to ask, are you aware of this tale Papa ?

"Linton Midnight was a Jamaican practicer of voudou, who used his power to set himself up as a business man in New York City, earning his money from contract killings, drug trafficing, and nightclubs where the audience could enjoy zombie death matches. Much of Midnight's power stemmed from a mystical skull in his possession, in fact the skull of his sister Cedella, whom he had killed years before. Now Cedella’s spirit dwelled in Hell, where demons used her as a whore, and wherefrom Midnight could call upon her and consult her in whatever matter needed her assistance. When Midnight made an attempt to destroy his archenemy John Constantine, John helped Cedella break free from her brother’s tyranny. Cedella’s spirit started haunting Midnight, drove him mad and finally made him throw himself down from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building."

I'm curious any relation to the story or just a name you picked?

That is why you started this thread and I hope it stays on course. However your belief is one that Christians will have a problem with. I hope your thread is not inundated with Christians calling blasphemy. I am very interested in what you believe and practice and will not hold judgment. Keep up the great posts papa...

Can I ask is there a battle between dark and light Voodoo practices or is it more of a common belief it is for good ? I think you will get more posts believing Voodoo is evil.

Thank you ST, Christians can have a problem all they want, nothing new to me. the belief that Voodoo is evil is what keeps me educating when I can. Voodoo is not evil. I am working on a new post with more information, it will be ready in just a little bit. Thanks for the interest.

Papa

Thank you ST, Christians can have a problem all they want, nothing new to me. the belief that Voodoo is evil is what keeps me educating when I can. Voodoo is not evil. I am working on a new post with more information, it will be ready in just a little bit. Thanks for the interest.

Papa

Thats exactly that, education. Most people only know of Voodoo through movies and other media outlets. 90% of what people think of Voodoo is quit negative and I'm glad your willing to share. I know very little about it so I will sit back and listen to what you have to say with interest. :tu:

I am Papa Midnight

I have been a Houngan for a very long while, I am hoping to spread understanding and love, I want people to understand Voodoo is a commune with spirits not a practice of evil.

Do you know the differance?

A lot of peopel give me grief because they dont understand why I sacrifice a live goat or cut off a chickens head for a ritual, I woudl like to share any thing I can answer here..

Voodoo is a life affirming practice that encourages its participants to better understand the natural processes of life and their own spiritual natures.

Santeria: In the Spanish Islands, the new religion became known as Santeria (the worship of the Saints).

I am going to try to answer any questions so be patient with Papa, as I also have my patients and clients to do each day, I will answer evey question to my best.

Papa

WOW its so nice for once to see someone from a differnt faith come to this end of the board....WELCOME to UM..Papa....

Ok push love to one side lol..... what about say - success....like in a business sense.........if you wished to stive higher and reach higher goals in life....? Just asking of course lol

I have to ask, are you aware of this tale Papa ?

was a Jamaican practicer of voudou, who used his power to set himself up as a business man in New York City, earning his money from contract killings, drug trafficing, and nightclubs where the audience could enjoy zombie death matches. Much of Midnight's power stemmed from a mystical skull in his possession, in fact the skull of his sister Cedella, whom he had killed years before. Now Cedella’s spirit dwelled in Hell, where demons used her as a whore, and wherefrom Midnight could call upon her and consult her in whatever matter needed her assistance. When Midnight made an attempt to destroy his archenemy John Constantine, John helped Cedella break free from her brother’s tyranny. Cedella’s spirit started haunting Midnight, drove him mad and finally made him throw himself down from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building."

I'm curious any relation to the story or just a name you picked?

You do know this is a comic book? "Hellblazer" and the quote you bring is a direct copy of this link. You suprise me I must say, I though you were genuine.

papa midnight copied link

Papa

Papa

One thing you need to remember here papa...man will fear, what man does not understand

I am glad you came here...perhaps more of us can learn a lil more about it....thank you

You do know this is a comic book? "Hellblazer" and the quote you bring is a direct copy of this link. You suprise me I must say, I though you were genuine.

Papa

I thought the story sounded familiar :P Papa I think ST was just asking if you picked you're name for UM based on the story, I don't think he was implying in any way that is was a true story because that would be completely implausible ^_^

No this is my name, Papa is really Papa Midnight, My grandmother gave me this name because of my dark eyes, she loved me so much, she said her future was as clear as Midnight, and when she looked in my eyes as a little guy she could see her whole family line looking back at her.

Papa

No this is my name, Papa is really Papa Midnight, My grandmother gave me this name because of my dark eyes, she loved me so much, she said her future was as clear as Midnight, and when she looked in my eyes as a little guy she could see her whole family line looking back at her.

Papa

:wub:Awww, that's such a sweet thing for her to say :innocent:

WOW its so nice for once to see someone from a differnt faith come to this end of the board....WELCOME to UM..Papa....

Ok push love to one side lol..... what about say - success....like in a business sense.........if you wished to stive higher and reach higher goals in life....? Just asking of course lol

Hello Beckys_Mom

Success comes from being in tune with your destination, Living in harmony and communing with the spirits so they can make possible the thing you seek. Now if you’re asking if I have spells for success, yes I do of course. Spells are our way.

Papa

The dark side, since so many are curious to this first, *sighs* I will post it...

West Africa was once known as the Slave Coast, because it was at the center of the transatlantic slave trade for centuries. African slaves brought voodoo with them to plantations in Brazil, Haiti, Cuba and Louisiana. But 400 years later, the religion still remains a central part of spiritual life for millions living in West Africa.

There is a dark side to voodoo. Sorcerers called botono can be summoned to put a hex on an adversary, or bo, using the malevolent power of a voodoo spirit. Anthropologist Wade Davis has studied voodoo as part of the National Geographic Society's Ethnosphere Project, celebrating world cultures. He says the "dark side" of voodoo is similar to the concept of heaven and hell in Western religious tradition. "The whole point is to make manifest the darkness, so that the goodness can overwhelm it,"

In one sense, voodoo is no different from other religions – followers appeal to divine powers to assure their success in life. But Christian missionaries don’t see it that way. The pull of voodoo is so powerful, it seems embedded in the earth of West Africa.

Papa

Sacrifices;

maybe this link will help all understand why we sacrifice animals.

Animal Sacrifice

Animals are sacred in African Religions, and are used (as in ancient Biblical, Hindu and Holy Koranic texts) as offerings to the gods and ancestors in healing, initiation, and atonement ceremonies.

Additionally,contrary to the Hollywood hype, animals, though important, are not the central focus of most ceremonies.

They are merely consecrated offerings, made sacred for communal meals by the intiate, to share with their gods, ancestors, and the poor.

The "rituals" surrounding this routine event are no more spectacular than the prepartion of foods and farm anmials for a family meal, or the Jewish ritual of kashruth (Kosher slaughtering) in making an animal sacred for offerings and consuming.

This ritual practice is an essential custom in Islam as well. For example, Turkish Muslims sacrifice cows, sheep, goats and bulls during the four-day religious holiday, a ritual commemorating what they believe is the biblical account of God's provision of a ram for Abraham to sacrifice as he was about to slay his son.

Just as Islam's African roots reveal, they too share the meat with friends, family and neighbors and give part of it to the poor.

This ceremony is also performed by Muslim men when taking on brides. A ram or goat is sacrificed for each wife for a period of three to four days.

Animal offerings are a sacred, humane, and essential religious rite that has been in practice in many cultures all over the world for thousands of years, even up until the present. African religious sacrifical ceremonies are the oldest in the world, and are the most enduring.

Papa

Papa

I am genuine and as I said I know very little about what you speak of and I looked up the name and thought that I had heard it from somewhere befor. I do apolalogize for not looking into it further. My bad forsure... I will continue to be a silent observer however, as I am genuine in my interest.

Sorry about that Papa Midnight, I do respect what you have to teach and me being so ill informed I jumped the gun.

Hello Beckys_Mom

Success comes from being in tune with your destination, Living in harmony and communing with the spirits so they can make possible the thing you seek. Now if you’re asking if I have spells for success, yes I do of course. Spells are our way.

Papa

REALLY? WOW........I would like to see them, if you dont mind...please please pretty please lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I am genuine and as I said I know very little about what you speak of and I looked up the name and thought that I had heard it from somewhere befor. I do apolalogize for not looking into it further. My bad forsure... I will continue to be a silent observer however, as I am genuine in my interest.

Sorry about that Papa Midnight, I do respect what you have to teach and me being so ill informed I jumped the gun.

Maybe you were thinking of Papa doc. He was president of haiti. And voodoo priest.