Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voodoo ..My religion..

Papa Midnight60

-The Haitian Vodou Handbook: Protocols for Riding with the Lwa by Kenaz Filan.

Mr PPL,

Thank you for your contribution of Alfred Metraux., but as he is not a practitioner of voodoo but a anthropologist and his writings of Haiti are very much attributed to the works of his second wife Dr Rhoda Bubendey Metraux, I would be inclined to review her contributions first.

Papa

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Midnight60

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Beckys_Mom

• Lt_Ripley

But he was quoting a Haitian peasant Vodou faithful... but I dunno, I've never been to Haiti.

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

It says how old I am on my profile.

You keep telling everyone to focus on the voodoo aspect of your thread. Those who are focusing on the voodoo seem to not be getting any answers, mon ami.

You had enough time to respond to my post that had nothing to do with my questions. I guess answering that post wouldn't require you to go look at wikipedia though....

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Right?

ding ding ding ! yes it does read like a high school paper doesn't it instead of personal experience ? wait until he looks up the answer !

Edited by Lt_Ripley

ding ding ding ! yes it does read like a high school paper doesn't it instead of personal experience ? wait until he looks up the answer !

Lt. Ripley, you are now my favorite UM-er.

My favorite Aliens character was Cpl. Dwayne Hicks. I'm a huge Michael Biehn fan....

You can't really be all that open about Vodou because if you're initiated you're bound to an oath of secrecy about what you experience in the djevo. I don't think we're gonna get much out of Midnight for this reason.

One more for tonight, I am glad to see all my children settling in..Now lets learn about Voodoo..papy has no problems with anyone!..lets stay off any report buttons, now that it out of most of your systems..hehe

2. The Earth is Sacred

To Rootworkers the Earth is a living, breathing entity and is sacred. It is from the Earth that we get all our materials to perform our works, and it is our home. It is of great importance to the Rootworker to honor the Earth by leaving offerings periodically out of respect for the forces of nature. That is why they don't take dirt, rocks, or shells without leaving something first. This practice has been misunderstood by many as a primitive acr when in fact it symbolizes humility and appreciation for forces beyond our comprehension.

Papa

wow papa... lis looks so familiar...

http://shawnacohen.tripod.com/thetribaltraditions/id25.html

You need to cite your sources man, or risk plagiarism charges.

Love Spell

First you must clean your bathroom, clean everything, the mirrors, the counter, the sink...you get the picture.

Then cover all the mirrors in the room with either pink or white sheets.

Next light three white candles and place them around the tub.

Draw a bath and add your choice of bath milk, salts or bath beads. You can even use scented bubble bath or scented soap. You should also but on a mushy love songs CD or just something that means something to you and that person...

Get in and focus on the person that you want called to you. If you don't have anyone in particular focus on what you want in a lover.

Chant "Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today, Many heads will turn my way, the ones I choose will wish to stay." While washing your body. Do everything you would normaly do, shave wash your hair...

When your done washing repeat, "Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today, Many heads will turn my way, the one's I chooses will wish to stay. I am loved, I am loving, I am love and love myself." Let the water out while repeating this a few times.

Papa

http://www.afrikanvoodoomagickpowers.com/freelovespells.htm

Lookie lookie

Come on folks lets leave the personal attacks and bickering out of the discussion please.

Can we be clear that he is not an innocent as he seems to indicate?

Maybe he's possessed!

Can we be clear that he is not an innocent as he seems to indicate?

I second this! I believe Michelle is really correct in this statement.

A very happy spell from the stars..Enjoy

1. What you'll need:
  2. Paper
  3. Pen or pencil
  4. Pink or red rose petals
  5. Jasmine incense
  6. Red candle
  7. Red crystals, such as garnet, rose quartz or ruby
  8. Note:: This spell should be performed on a clear night.
  9. Instructions: Arrange the items on your altar, then light the candle and incense. Think about what qualities are important to you in a mate and write them on the piece of paper. Take the flower petals and crystals outside with you, and look up at the stars. Choose one bright one and focus on its light and energy. Hold up the petals and stones to the star and repeat the following, three times:
  10. Star of love, burn so bright,
  11. aid me in my spell tonight.
  12. Unite my true love to me,
  13. as I will it, so mote it be.
  14. As you say the words, visualize the light from the star beaming down and filling the things in your hands. After saying the spell, return to your altar and place the flowers and crystals at the base of the candle. Focus on the candle flame, and repeat the words above another three times.

http://www.afrikanvoodoomagickpowers.com/freelovespells.htm

Once again... same site.

I call Shenanigans man.

Thank you sir, I am a tough ole bird but whew, going to have to get some dinner to refuel.

Papa

Doodahman says "be careful my child, even a tough ole bird could get sacrificed!"

Doodahman says "be careful my child, even a tough ole bird could get sacrificed!"

As could the young ones.. :devil: Papa is sitting here enjoying the antics of his children while he enjoys his chicken dinner B)

hehe..

Papa

As could the young ones.. :devil: Papa is sitting here enjoying the antics of his children while he enjoys his chicken dinner B)

hehe..

Papa

Hey... big fella... we're not your children man. the term is demeaning, and you've been asked to stop using it by others already. Now i'm gonna ask ya nicely. Stop refering to people as your children. Students... sure. Children.. no.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

Hey... big fella... we're not your children man. the term is demeaning, and you've been asked to stop using it by others already. Now i'm gonna ask ya nicely. Stop refering to people as your children. Students... sure. Children.. no.

That would qualify him as a teacher, mon ami. That is something he surely is not.

That would qualify him as a teacher, mon ami. That is something he surely is not.

No, I'm learning from him...

Yah, wel, SOMbodys curst m dam cmpter! Stp it, Dr. Vknmn! at's nt fair!

No, I'm learning from him...

That baffled me. I'm not trying to start anything, honest, but what are you learning from him?

That baffled me. I'm not trying to start anything, honest, but what are you learning from him?

It's obvious no?

Good researching Dr. Peter! DooDahMan won't call you child, but DooDahMan will enjoy the skewering to follow if the thread is not shut down.

Seriously, I think it's a joke. Too bad, great premise. Is anyone out there a bona fide voodoo "anything" that could continue this facinating subject?

hehe..

Papa

would that be Popeyes or KFC ?

Papa evidently has himself confused with either our fathers or Our Father.