Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voodoo ..My religion..

Papa Midnight60

I know about Voodoo culture a little bit.

Honestly it's stuff i've learned from the internet though.

I used to live next to a black man who claimed to do voodoo... He would do the weirdest rituals in his backyard.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Midnight60

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Beckys_Mom

• Lt_Ripley

sorry folks, papa just can't resist :lol: this one amuses me immensely.

I can cite as many as I want yet it will fall on deaf ears.

does the cheeseburger you ate last week know why it it used to be a cow?

LOL a cheese burger knows nothing so no it would not know that it use to be a cow. Whats the point your trying to make here. It is food I try not to eat anything still alive.

"hence human intervention" because the deer do not know why they are being culled?

The deer do not know why they are being culled be we do. Most times a deer cull is due to the fact that humans have upset the balance of nature hence killing of it natural predators.

nature adapts and evolves to balance itself, is man not part of nature?

Man is the only creature that fights nature. We have the for site to see what damage we can do. We could choose to wipe out a species or save a species. No other animal can make that choice. We are apart of nature yes but we can control nature to an extent.

I have already stated that I sacrifice animals to supplement spells, try to keep up or you will be forced to sit and the kiddies table.

I know why you sacrifice animals cause I'm almost at a grade three reading level now lol. You are killing animals for spells that don't work and don't exist hence senseless killing. If you have proof of your spells working I would love to see a demonstration, really.

hmmmm... "for religion to pilfer man takes resources ,hence you pilfer nature" I think I will let this one stand on it's own merits whatever they may be.

This is why I cited the Native American ideology referencing the spiritual ethics they applied to hunting buffalo but thanks for further validating papa's point, did the white man consider bison hunting a religious and spiritual experience? NO if they did there probably would not have been nearly as much waste and indiscriminate slaughter motivated by humanistic greed.

Most white men did hunt for profit but not all. Some hunters today (white) pay great respect to what they kill. Many people pray at the dinner table thanking god for the food on there plate for example. Native Indians and other peoples have hunted animals to extinction, it's not a Whitman only syndrome.

specifically which tribe hunted which species to extinction?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200005/ai_n8880002/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa38...05/ai_n8880002/

there this should work now.

a false belief that only I can understand? perhaps you need to re evaluate your statistical data as I am certainly not the only practitioner of this belief, and based on what I have seen from you thus far I would consider you the least qualified to proclaim what is false and what is not in the realm of spirituality, especially when nobody possess the omnipotence to speak of any of these subjects in absolutes, to do so makes one look even more naive than any insinuation of superstition JPO (just papa's opinon)

What I am saying is that every person of faith will have there own slight take on it. Not every Christian worships the same way as I'm sure not everyone that practices Voodoo practice it in the same way. You are the one looking rather sheepish here. I never spoke in absolutes and neither can you. I am qualified to know that everyone that believes in god has there own personal take on what they believe, we are not programed there for belief can take many forms even if the belief is the same as someone else's.

as much as I appreciate the profound "boat sailing" metaphore, what makes you think I am here to convert or convince as you yourself have conceded in the same sentence that (this) "has never been done"

I know you are not here to convert but to teach and I think thats pretty cool. I do have a right to disagree with you on certain aspects of what you teach, do I not? I don't see you converting but I do see you trying to convince.

papa does enjoys the innocence of your insolence child.

I'm glad you enjoy that about me Papa ;) as I enjoy your cute way of talking to me and others you big lug you :D

Edit: looks like you have been called out dude...

Papa

Edited by The Silver Thong

I really hope your kidding BM. Spells are less than toys they are pretend BS or I don't mean to hack but were you serious ?

It is serious to all of those that follow it and practice it...............I don't and I don't intend to....Every religion is serious to it's followers........

Did you honestly think I had converted over to voodoo?...ohh you behave ST lol.. :P .haa ha nooo I couldnt do that.to do that I would have to go back to christianity and practice being catholic again, and I don't think I would ...I am happy with the path I have chosen.......I like to read on it, pretty much like other faiths

did you not know the tooth fairy wasn't real.

That cow still owe me some dosh <_< .....If you see her, tell her BM is looking for her

:lol:

Hoodoo originated in ancient Africa brought to the US.

Yes Michelle, you are quite right on this...Hoodoo does in fact come from ancient Africa........

As seen in here ---> http://www.mamiwata.com/hoodoo.html

And more to look up on hoodoo (ancient africa) in here ---> https://www.cooltoad.com/links/show.php?n=S...70c15aafd241d58

So again Michelle is correct.... :D

hehe, No that is Vodoo child

LOL no, I think you must have voodoo and hoodoo mixed up.....Michelle was correct ....but it is a common mistake to confuse both hoodoo and voodoo with eachother...so don't worry about it

Hoodoo and Voodoo are often mistaken for one another. Some believe that the terms may have a common etymology. Simply put, Voodoo is a religion, whereas Hoodoo is a group of magical practices.

The ancient African religion of Vodoun is an established religion with its ancient roots in West Africa. Its modern form is practiced across West Africa in the countries now known as Benin, Togo, and Burkina Faso, among others. In Haiti, Cuba, and other Caribbean islands, the worship of the Vodoun gods (called lwa or loas) is practiced in a syncretic form that has been greatly modified by contact with Catholicism. The Voodoo of Haiti and Louisiana Voodoo are better known to many English speakers; similar practices among Spanish speakers in Cuba are called Santeria.

Hoodoo shows obvious and evident links to the practices and beliefs of African folk magico-religious culture. The Hoodoo practiced in the U.S. by the enslaved Africans was brought from West and Central Africa, specifically, the area that is now known as the Congo and Angola, Togo, Nigeria and other West African regions.

Source --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_(folk_magic)

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I am glad you wont be back if this is how you disrespect someone. I do not think Rosewin is doing any such thing, But if you would like me to I will tell you; its the burst of energy that leaves the animal body when sacrifced that is used for a spell...

You dont find this a bit selfish to use someone elses spirit for your personal gain and the animals loss?

I cant find goodnes thru selfishness at any angle I look at.

Can you help explain your understanding of this please, and how you find this good?

linked-image

Call in the dogs, this thing's all said and done. :no:

Sad.

I don't think so Pete. I'm sure Papa will want to reply to some of this stuff we have posted. He doesn't seem like a bad fella just a little to wrapped up in what he wants to believe. Papa will be back as I am very psychic ;)

would that be Popeyes or KFC ?

I'm thinkin Papa makes his own from scratch ;)

Hey... big fella... we're not your children man. the term is demeaning, and you've been asked to stop using it by others already. Now i'm gonna ask ya nicely. Stop refering to people as your children. Students... sure. Children.. no.

Now I am going to ask you what you going to do about it my child? This sounds like a threat to Papa :) hehe

As I have endured your and others childish antics and you continue to stay and vie for Papas attention, you are my children :)

I understand all the excitement; I have dealt with this type of childishness and prejudice all my life so you don’t even shake Papa in the least. Sorry to disappoint you my children.

One of my points is exactly to let this type behavior run its course to prove my points about the misconceptions of even the word Voodoo, which you all have so eloquently demonstrated with your impressive and very intelligent one liners, hehe :lol:

I would love to continue my thread as it is tiring to see such antics of supposed adults.

Papa

I don't think so Pete. I'm sure Papa will want to reply to some of this stuff we have posted. He doesn't seem like a bad fella just a little to wrapped up in what he wants to believe. Papa will be back as I am very psychic ;)

:lol: Very good Mr. Thong..Papa is beginning to like you!

Papa

Now I am going to ask you what you going to do about it my child? This sounds like a threat to Papa :) hehe

As I have endured your and others childish antics and you continue to stay and vie for Papas attention, you are my children :)

I understand all the excitement; I have dealt with this type of childishness and prejudice all my life so you don’t even shake Papa in the least. Sorry to disappoint you my children.

One of my points is exactly to let this type behavior run its course to prove my points about the misconceptions of even the word Voodoo, which you all have so eloquently demonstrated with your impressive and very intelligent one liners, hehe :lol:

I would love to continue my thread as it is tiring to see such antics of supposed adults.

Papa

No, I asked you to not refer to me as a child. this is a message board. I can't stop you from calling me such, anymore than you can stop me from exposing you for the POS fraud you are.

:lol: Very good Mr. Thong..Papa is beginning to like you!

Papa

Just don't put a love spell on me as I just ended a very tough relationship and I really don't want to jump back on the horse just yet big fella :lol:

:P

Ok It seems we are stuck being called your children. So dad (moms going to be peeved lol) Can you explain why you are not siting your sources? and do you have anything original for us ? please say yes...

Just don't put a love spell on me as I just ended a very tough relationship and I really don't want to jump back on the horse just yet big fella :lol:

Ok It seems we are stuck being called your children. So dad (moms going to be peeved lol) Can you explain why you are not siting your sources? and do you have anything original for us ? please say yes...

I agree. If you are genuine, then put up the goods man. No more copypasta.

:lol: You got it my man...well this is going to be a good night ST! Glad we got that all resolved now how about some voodoo??

All is original and free no copyright, I use benign sources at first, weeds out the morons hehe..See when it’s a serious matter me, I have been through this so many times I let all the "know-it -alls" and "wanna-be's" show their true colors,

This helps discredit their abuse as my thread continues with serious subject matter. As I have many of their childish posts for ammunition later. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. hehe You understand now why I asked to let them run, it takes all their credibility and they do it to them selves

Papa

One more for tonight, I am glad to see all my children settling in..Now lets learn about Voodoo..papy has no problems with anyone!..lets stay off any report buttons, now that it out of most of your systems..hehe

2. The Earth is Sacred

To Rootworkers the Earth is a living, breathing entity and is sacred. It is from the Earth that we get all our materials to perform our works, and it is our home. It is of great importance to the Rootworker to honor the Earth by leaving offerings periodically out of respect for the forces of nature. That is why they don't take dirt, rocks, or shells without leaving something first. This practice has been misunderstood by many as a primitive acr when in fact it symbolizes humility and appreciation for forces beyond our comprehension.

Papa

Forgive my lateness of trying to catch up on this thread...I have been rather busy the entire day...... but I just read the above paragraph from you papa...........from what I can gather the info - The Earth is Sacred............ - comes from this website.... please allow me to post up more from the same site

3. Physical Death is Not Final

The Rootworker acknowledges that physical death is not final and that the soul of a person is eternal and therefore can be communicated with. It is believed that the spirits of the dead have the extraordinary power to impart wisdom on the living because they have passed on to a spiritual plane where the past, present and future are one.

4. The Future Can Be Foretold

Rootworkers rely heavily on divination to foretell the futures for themselves and people in need. Playing cards, bones, shells, dream interpretation, and especially the ability to recognize omens in nature were highly prized skills. The practice of reading omens in nature was lost in the 1930s during the migration of African Americans from rural South to the more urban North. The spiritual or psychic reading remains one of the popular forms of divination. This usually involves the use of candles and a glass of water to "read" the person.

5. The right to Self-Defense and Retaliation

Rootworkers believe they have a right to defend themselves and/or retaliate against their enemies and generally don't adhere to the tradition notion of Karma. However, they do believe that the punishment must fit the crime, and anything else beyond that is subject to negative repercussions.

6. Honesty and Confidentiality

It was ansis one of the greatest crimes for a Rootworker to cheat a person for personal gain. The Rootworker's ability is viewed as a great gift--- one has been "called" to be of aid to others just as a priest or nun is called to join the Catholic Church. Cheating a person is seen no differently from a medical doctor who purposely misleads a patient, and is believed to be just as dangerous. Rootworkers who did this were referred as "BLack Gypsies" and were rare. An honest Rootworker would tell the person if they could not perform a work for them, no matter what the person offered. It is also of equal importance that Rootworkers keep all person information extremely confidential, as sharing personal information with others is unacceptable.

More from this page ---> http://shawnacohen.tripod.com/thetribaltraditions/id25.html

It took me some time to find the source from where you got your information from...but it was worth the read and thankfully I found it....I looked for it as I was keen on reading more into voodoo...like I had previously stated before

on here we post up info and the source of the info provided

thanks for reading

:lol: You got it my man...well this is going to be a good night ST! Glad we got that all resolved now how about some voodoo??

All is original and free no copyright, I use benign sources at first, weeds out the morons hehe..See when it’s a serious matter me, I have been through this so many times I let all the "know-it -alls" and "wanna-be's" show their true colors,

This helps discredit their abuse as my thread continues with serious subject matter. As I have many of their childish posts for ammunition later. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. hehe You understand now why I asked to let them run, it takes all their credibility and they do it to them selves

Papa

Forgive my lateness of trying to catch up on this thread...I have been rather busy the entire day...... but I just read the above paragraph from you papa...........from what I can gather the info - The Earth is Sacred............ - comes from this website.... please allow me to post up more from the same site

Beckys_Mom ..hehe you must have missed my post here, let me help you catch up hun.

Papa

Beckys_Mom ..hehe you must have missed my post here, let me help you catch up hun.

Papa

Its ok P....I already provided the source from the web site you got the info from lol.....and I posted the other 5 parts

it was a good read :yes:

Good researching Dr. Peter! DooDahMan won't call you child, but DooDahMan will enjoy the skewering to follow if the thread is not shut down.

Seriously, I think it's a joke. Too bad, great premise. Is anyone out there a bona fide voodoo "anything" that could continue this facinating subject?

The only skewering you will enjoy would be your own as your impotence even in a consolidated group effort has demonstrated thus far, but since you have just built up the nerve to join in this as it has transformed into a witch hunt resplendent with allegations and pejorative accusations loosely founded on my use of quoting internet sources from only certain, select sites that I deem a legitimate source of information in contrast to the litany of Wikipedia links I have seen added here with key elements expurgated to better suit the agenda and viewpoint of the poster .

If consistent use of a reliable internet site is indicative of insincerity then Papa is guilty as charged I suppose, but the fact that I did not include the links I quoted is hardly conclusive evidence of a grandiose plot of deception by papa.

And @ Doc Venkman:

I have answered your questions in the most timely fashioned I have been able to accomplish based on the volume of traffic I have enjoyed here, yet like a petulant child you keep re posting the same question in every other reply becoming more indignant with each new reply that I make to others that have replied to my thread as common courtesy would dictate, yet this exaggerated perception of self importance has blinded you to this simple fact. And when the questions are answered then a more acerbic question was to follow, there was no evasion demonstrated by Papa in the amount of time that he elected to reply, this is only in your eyes my diminutive friend.

Papa

Edited by Papa Midnight60

OK dad lol

A couple questions.

1. where did you learn about Voodoo? or are you self educated in the matter?

2. who taught you, anybody that is published or known in the Voodoo circle that we might know or reference?

3. do you have a shop where you perform readings or fortune tellings of any sort?

4. can you give us an example of a spell you cast where you feel it genuinely worked?

5. have you ever recorded any of your ceremonies audio or video that we could be privy to watch or listen?

Some of these things might peek some interest.

OK dad lol

A couple questions.

1. where did you learn about Voodoo? or are you self educated in the matter?

2. who taught you, anybody that is published or known in the Voodoo circle that we might know or reference?

3. do you have a shop where you perform readings or fortune tellings of any sort?

4. can you give us an example of a spell you cast where you feel it genuinely worked?

5. have you ever recorded any of your ceremonies audio or video that we could be privy to watch or listen?

Some of these things might peek some interest.

I believe I have answered all the questions you asked already, I was brought up in this with my mother and grandmother teaching me everything I know.

I do own a place to come and receive spells. But "tellings'..my goodness..hehe no I don’t do "tellings" though I am a very strong psychic.

All clients information is private, if you wish to find out something please PM me as the others have, even to ask of spells and personal curses. (Yes I have already been asked for these)

I have many recorded ceremonies even some no outsiders can ever view, but I did not come here to hock my wares.

*I do not think the owner of this site would like that at all.*

I have seen many who did not believe at first become believers, especially when they learned how easy to cast a curse or spell can be, for instance you do not need any personal objects it can be done just over a place someone frequents, a place that is constantly visited holds ones essence.

Papa

Interesting Papa

Have you ever heard of a ceremony that families do about every 20 to 30 years to cleanse the family line of evil spirits. I think it's called gwha or dwha not really sure there but it lasts usually 7-8 days that celebrates the spirits that have served the family for generations. I hear it is the most celebrated gathering or ceremony in Voodoo culture. Have you ever been to one of there ceremonies. Again the exact name escapes me. I would imagine that something like this would be recorded as it seems to be a very religious family reunion.

No no I don't want you selling your stuff here lol and I bet you have had some requests for spells LOL

P.S. don't give Becky's mom any spells LOL

Edited by The Silver Thong

P.S. don't give Becky's mom any spells LOL

:o ..umm My bad. sorry ST..too late

Papa

Hey Papa!

I don't know if this has been asked in this thread but do you do human sacrafice?

I heard that in voodoo they do human sacrafice besides goats and animals.

Also do you drink the blood of those sacrafices?

:o ..umm My bad. sorry ST..too late

Papa

Expect a PM from me shortly :w00t: I thought you never reviled your clients haha got ya on that one :P

Spells from similar faiths, can be found on line....I believe anyone can cast a spell, but I do know one needs to be careful lol.....

I can't say if I know for sure spells do work or not...I have never witnessed one

But I don't believe in love spells...you cannot force free will....