Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

computers, electronic devices and me

k4rma

At will? You mean "telling the machine what to do"? Very much doubt it, but envoking emotions to trigger the effect could be possible (if we're assuming the thing exists in the first place I mean)... And one thing about the "controlled environment" -testing, is that I'd think they make people extra nervous and/or stressed... Being by definition "mental powers", such stress and/or nervousness could easily interfere with the experiment (and most of these powers are weak at best at present time, so the whole "power" could be disabled when nervous or stressful)... Who here hasn't had a mental blockade when all eyes turn on your performance, whatever that performance might be?

And Sharky, I'm pretty sure the lawyer part was just a joke... Just FYI...

As I recall aside from experiments they also collected data from workplaces that had contained many computers from both high and low stress jobs and found that hardware crashed more often then not in high stress as well... It was a peer reviewed paper as well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k4rma

• Mattshark

• N080DY

• D1CKY D1AMOND

As I recall aside from experiments they also collected data from workplaces that had contained many computers from both high and low stress jobs and found that hardware crashed more often then not in high stress as well... It was a peer reviewed paper as well.

Performance stress... In work, you stress about the work, but in "the controlled environment" you stress about your "ability"... Like you have learned a nice trick, but you can't seem to do it right when you try to do the trick in front of other people... Sure, the mental "electrical interference" could be triggered by high work stress as a side-effect... But stress could significantly lower your ability if you're concentrating on "making it happen"... And a picture I have in my head of this "controlled environment" isn't exactly the most calming, not to mention the skeptical scientist who are monitoring you...

• 2 weeks later...

yea, like when i learn a new song on guitar and can't play it right or sing it for the life of me in front of other people, but by myself i can...

i can't do it "at will" all the time and have no control over the machine - i can't be like "watch this", i just seem to affect it in a negative way.

an interesting side note: i was mad at my tv the other day because i don't have a remote and can't change settings - i glared at it, power went off on the tv, i got up and turned it on and it no longer displays the current channel when i change it. there are no menu buttons on the tv and i have tried everything to adjust settings with no luck. sometimes i am on the computer working and think "man wish i had a remote to turn the tv down" and it turns down, never up - i know cable signals can fluctuate but it is odd that either i can do that or it happens when i think it.

yea, like when i learn a new song on guitar and can't play it right or sing it for the life of me in front of other people, but by myself i can...

Exactly, unfortunately 'cause this ability is "mental" by it's definition, the performance stress affects it even more than the usual "singing/playing"... At least according to my hypothesis/logic... Even if some people have this ability, it's too weak to be "performed" in a "controlled environment" (on at least most of the people)...

i can't do it "at will" all the time and have no control over the machine - i can't be like "watch this", i just seem to affect it in a negative way.

Kinda like an interference of some sort...

an interesting side note: i was mad at my tv the other day because i don't have a remote and can't change settings - i glared at it, power went off on the tv, i got up and turned it on and it no longer displays the current channel when i change it. there are no menu buttons on the tv and i have tried everything to adjust settings with no luck. sometimes i am on the computer working and think "man wish i had a remote to turn the tv down" and it turns down, never up - i know cable signals can fluctuate but it is odd that either i can do that or it happens when i think it.

That could have another reason... Maybe you only pay attention to when it goes off when you actually concentrate/think to it to be off... As in you don't notice when it goes off by itself... Quite a few phenomena can be explained by this, it's just your attitude towards it that makes you only notice one side of the whole picture (like always getting reds on a traffic light, always picking the slowest line at the supermarket, etc...)

I'm not into martial arts except to watch them but i did see this program on the TV sometime ago where they had this Tai-Chi master who was about 70 years old demonstrating the power of his Chi. He was able to transfer heat with his hands,it seemed to be hot enough for the people to react to it. I wounder if this is the reason watches that I wore would not keep time? they would either stop or be off by hours. It doesn't happens that much now but every now and the it acts up and it ain't the watches.

i have always noticed i had some abilities, when i relayed my experiences at a young age to mom she confirmed it, and we have been honing it ever since...

if anyone has studied martial arts they know of an energy which is called your chi, basically your inner energy. i have noticed for quite some time that when i am in a bad mood, frustrated or just plain p***3d off that electronic devices around me do not function properly. be it remote controls, calculators, cell phones, tv's, computers - if i am mad then my chi is elevated, and your brain operates on electricity so that kinda makes sense right?

well there is this insurance company i used to go make payments to and detested doing it. i would be in a bad mood everytime because that could be food in my kids mouths instead of paying for something that prolly will never happen. everytime i went to make a payment the computers would lock up for at least 15 minutes. after this happening over 100+ times i went in one day and the girl i normally made my payment to said "oh great, he''s here...watch, you don't believe me..." i laughed it off and sat down. she then asked the other girl "are you locked up?" the other girl responded yes. first one said "see, i'm locked up too - i told u..." i then asked "should i go outside?" and she told me yes, and i went outside to my car. the gentleman who was making a payment before me came out and looked at me and shook his head in disbelief. 30 seconds later the other customer walks out and tells me "they said u can come in now..." so i did - the computers locked for a few seconds until i lowered my chi (meditation) and then everything came back online. from that point on i would wave at them from outside if they had customers, if no one was there i would walk in.

just yesterday i was working on 2 computers and nothing was going right so i flipped 'em both the bird, went to the store and got a beer. came home, mellowed out while the comp was off, then turned it on - and it worked despite everything i had tried earlier. i went to my neighbor's to fix his comp (going on like 3 days) and got it to work too. i was stoned, mellow and in a good mood when everything worked and i had previously tried the same remedies for the problems with no results, but when i mellowed out it worked. matter of fact my girlfriend could not use her phone during the time i was mad.

any thoughts?

The same thing used to happen to me... That is why I could only finally learn how to use a computer a few years ago.. as previously every time I walked into the room the computer froze or would crash...

I remember once when I dusted the screen ,the computer came up with a question mark and came up with the question if I needed help.. then it went nuts and repeated it over and over again, my kids saw it too so I wasn't imagining it.. they understood computers as all kids do these days, and they said that shouldn't happen...

I used to have the check outs freeze too when I was stressed... I would then step back a few paces .. out of the shop and they would start again.. I stepped in.. and they froze... I'd walk past the television and static would come... when I got angry or really stressed light bulbs blew.. they still do sometimes... I could put a new battery in a torch or other object and I could just watch it dim quickly and then go out... so batteries don't last long with me... the batteries in the wireless mouse only last a few days... cameras.. they usually go.. especially at a special event when I really want them to work,...

It doesn't happen that much now.. but when I really get into posting here sometimes...like when find some really interesting articles that resonate with me.. my computer freezes so it won't let me edit my posts sometimes...

B):lol:

You may enjoy playing these games... it is to test psi abilities...

Usually when I start to notice all these energetic anomolies I test it on this..and often score quite high.. I have only managed to come 2nd highest a few times.. It is meant to test healing abilites.. but it works in other ways too.. intent..

http://www.psiarcade.com/healing/

;) I sometimes use it to test my subconscious.. like ask it a question.. and give a range for the various answers... eg..don't do something .. rate over 20 .. maybe not.. over 10... or not worry 0-4..

you choose before hand what the numbers may signify..

sometimes the higher the number the more significant.,..

Edited by crystal sage

So you are a committed Christian and would like to meet other Christians with the same belief as you do, then this is the site for you.

*MOD EDIT* Don't use the site to promote or advertise your own site.

1a. Advertising: Do not advertise or promote other web sites, books, products, media releases or services without express permission from a member of staff. The site is not a free advertising platform, registering an account solely for the purpose of posting promotional material will result in the suspension of your account. If you maintain a personal or other non-commercial web site you may place a short link to it in your profile signature block.

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
Link removed

this happens to everyone who has an over abdundence of chi. here are some experiences with a good friend of mine whos into this stuff as well. i.e. ( fasting, meditation, raw foods) and I I broke a credit card machine by touching it. I short fused an electrical line in my house when i flipped the switched. My friend fried his fathers steering wheel in his brand new cadillac sts, fried his computer speakers, shut his computer off by touching his metal desk (MAKES NO SENSE!?!?) lol. its all about the glow, when your energy is imbalanced, this is what could happen, also insanity. Insanity and being extremly smart are equal. it is a matter of balancing the energy though disipline. when you fast, meditate and eat raw foods, your glow gets stronger, you get smarter, you reverse aging, gain telepathic abilitys, empathy and more. you gain more chi, prana. read about raising kundalini, i dont advertise to anyone to do this unless you truly want to be positive, happy. if raised in a negative enviorment with blockages, then you will appear as insane to people.

this happens to everyone who has an over abdundence of chi. here are some experiences with a good friend of mine whos into this stuff as well. i.e. ( fasting, meditation, raw foods) and I I broke a credit card machine by touching it. I short fused an electrical line in my house when i flipped the switched. My friend fried his fathers steering wheel in his brand new cadillac sts, fried his computer speakers, shut his computer off by touching his metal desk (MAKES NO SENSE!?!?) lol. its all about the glow, when your energy is imbalanced, this is what could happen, also insanity. Insanity and being extremly smart are equal. it is a matter of balancing the energy though disipline. when you fast, meditate and eat raw foods, your glow gets stronger, you get smarter, you reverse aging, gain telepathic abilitys, empathy and more. you gain more chi, prana. read about raising kundalini, i dont advertise to anyone to do this unless you truly want to be positive, happy. if raised in a negative enviorment with blockages, then you will appear as insane to people.

It is amazing how all this happens to you yet there is absolutely no evidence of a single thing your are claiming.

And some of what you post is demonstrably false and dangerous and to make indicates that you are making this up or you haven't high school as it is complete and utter rubbish

Fasting: Making you stronger and more intelligent? Who told you that? Where they wearing a straight jacket? Live longer?

This is abhorrently ignorant and ridiculous.

when you fast, meditate and eat raw foods, your glow gets stronger, you get smarter, you reverse aging, gain telepathic abilitys, empathy and more. you gain more chi, prana.

I do not believe that the one of some meant to offer medical advice. However, in case there is some doubt: nobody on these forum is qualified to offer medical advice.

People who contemplate fasting or otherwise changing their diet should consult with a healthcare provider before making these changes, to determine the suitability of the changes for their personal situations.

If your reasons for making a dietary change include health concerns (such as physical strength, cognitive function, or problems related to aging), then you should also ask for professional guidance about whether or not the proposed changes are likely to achieve your goals.

i have always noticed i had some abilities, when i relayed my experiences at a young age to mom she confirmed it, and we have been honing it ever since...

if anyone has studied martial arts they know of an energy which is called your chi, basically your inner energy. i have noticed for quite some time that when i am in a bad mood, frustrated or just plain p***3d off that electronic devices around me do not function properly. be it remote controls, calculators, cell phones, tv's, computers - if i am mad then my chi is elevated, and your brain operates on electricity so that kinda makes sense right?

well there is this insurance company i used to go make payments to and detested doing it. i would be in a bad mood everytime because that could be food in my kids mouths instead of paying for something that prolly will never happen. everytime i went to make a payment the computers would lock up for at least 15 minutes. after this happening over 100+ times i went in one day and the girl i normally made my payment to said "oh great, he''s here...watch, you don't believe me..." i laughed it off and sat down. she then asked the other girl "are you locked up?" the other girl responded yes. first one said "see, i'm locked up too - i told u..." i then asked "should i go outside?" and she told me yes, and i went outside to my car. the gentleman who was making a payment before me came out and looked at me and shook his head in disbelief. 30 seconds later the other customer walks out and tells me "they said u can come in now..." so i did - the computers locked for a few seconds until i lowered my chi (meditation) and then everything came back online. from that point on i would wave at them from outside if they had customers, if no one was there i would walk in.

just yesterday i was working on 2 computers and nothing was going right so i flipped 'em both the bird, went to the store and got a beer. came home, mellowed out while the comp was off, then turned it on - and it worked despite everything i had tried earlier. i went to my neighbor's to fix his comp (going on like 3 days) and got it to work too. i was stoned, mellow and in a good mood when everything worked and i had previously tried the same remedies for the problems with no results, but when i mellowed out it worked. matter of fact my girlfriend could not use her phone during the time i was mad.

any thoughts?

Yes, that will happen until you get the proper coating around the nerve to prevent the oscillations in the environment from being affected by the negative impulses from your system.

But now, using the above, I would like to explain what happens when you put things in your body that cancel out the negativity so that you become more 'world-oriented.' The world is positive energy. The 'things' that the world contains have been made from that positive energy and it is not that those things are bad, but too much of those 'things' cancels out all of your negative energy. And you need your negative energy to create a Balance in the environment.

I would suggest using acoustic tones, Isochronic tones, Binaural Beats, etc. in your meditation. And study Cymatics which is the formation of the patterns of matter through sound.

I've not read the whole post but I'll just add my two pence worth. I actually don't discount this as the body, nerves, brain etc emits electrical impulses in a sense so I can see how in some way you could have a reaction with electronic devices. I would imagine that if emotions are running high the brain is working hard therefore more electrical pulses?

Ok, one thing. Energy does not work like that, we know what the energy that drives the body and unless they eat you, you can not transfer it like that. Energy simply does not work like that at all.

It would be very easy to demonstrate. Hell if you were in Northern Ireland I would do it.

So if you want to make these claims that go against reality I would suggest you a university and let them test you, but since no one ever does, I doubt you will.

Oslove, that was a very long way of making a completely baseless claim.

The human body's a capacitor, a crappy one, but a capacitor nonetheless. This is why you can act as an antenna for a TV. 100pF and 1.5kohms. As defined by the IEEE. Walking around, you could probably screw with a wireless router if they operate at a longer wavelength.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not into martial arts except to watch them but i did see this program on the TV sometime ago where they had this Tai-Chi master who was about 70 years old demonstrating the power of his Chi. He was able to transfer heat with his hands,it seemed to be hot enough for the people to react to it. I wounder if this is the reason watches that I wore would not keep time? they would either stop or be off by hours. It doesn't happens that much now but every now and the it acts up and it ain't the watches.

my dad had that problem with watches, especially analog ones - i remember him wearing a digital watch for a while, but not long...my digital watches always end up with a messed-up display or non-functioning buttons after about a couple months wearage...

<!--quoteo(post=2927551:date=Jun 11 2009, 07:28 PM:name=The one of some)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The one of some @ Jun 11 2009, 07:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2927551"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this happens to everyone who has an over abdundence of chi. here are some experiences with a good friend of mine whos into this stuff as well. i.e. ( fasting, meditation, raw foods) and I I broke a credit card machine by touching it. I short fused an electrical line in my house when i flipped the switched. My friend fried his fathers steering wheel in his brand new cadillac sts, fried his computer speakers, shut his computer off by touching his metal desk (MAKES NO SENSE!?!?) lol. its all about the glow, when your energy is imbalanced, this is what could happen, also insanity. Insanity and being extremly smart are equal. it is a matter of balancing the energy though disipline. when you fast, meditate and eat raw foods, your glow gets stronger, you get smarter, you reverse aging, gain telepathic abilitys, empathy and more. you gain more chi, prana. read about raising kundalini, i dont advertise to anyone to do this unless you truly want to be positive, happy. if raised in a negative enviorment with blockages, then you will appear as insane to people.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is amazing how all this happens to you yet there is absolutely no evidence of a single thing your are claiming.

And some of what you post is demonstrably false and dangerous and to make indicates that you are making this up or you haven't high school as it is complete and utter rubbish

Fasting: Making you stronger and more intelligent? Who told you that? Where they wearing a straight jacket? Live longer?

This is abhorrently ignorant and ridiculous.

Simple answer MaThew, buddhist monks; look it up, do some research, open up your mind mate....the things buddhist monks can do HAVE been scientifically measure so you should like that :)