Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 - end of the world? (videos)

ruffgsr

I've watched the Nostradamus and the Mayan end of days prophesy documentaries before.

Really interesting, and now i found out that there are more prophets talking about it.... pretty scary -- haha

Watch the videos before posting any comments... I like to hear what you guys think about it

VIDEO 1-6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM&hl=en&fs=1

VIDEO 2-6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txFNP3A5WnM&hl=en&fs=1

VIDEO 4-6

VIDEO 5-6

VIDEO 6-6

VIDEO 3-6

let's see what you think

Edited by ruffgsr

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emma_Acid

• ruffgsr

• HerNibs

• darksoul_

There are endless 2012 threads here, I'm afraid these videos don't add anything new.

The "Mayans" didn't make any prophecies to do with 2012, and Nostradamus has never been proven to have prophesied anything correctly, ever.

Please use the search function before posting.

There are endless 2012 threads here, I'm afraid these videos don't add anything new.

The "Mayans" didn't make any prophecies to do with 2012, and Nostradamus has never been proven to have prophesied anything correctly, ever.

The mayans did make prophecies about 2012, as you can see from the tortuguero monument 6.

Nostradamus centuries can be interpreted in such a way to have accuratly predicten twin towers, death of lady di & fire of london.

But yeh, anything can be interpreted to point to something pretty much :)

The mayans did make prophecies about 2012, as you can see from the tortuguero monument 6.

As promised here's a quick translation of the final passage of

Tortuguero Monument 6, recording the 2012 Bak'tun ending:

Tzuhtz-(a)j-oom u(y)-uxlajuun pik

(ta) Chan Ajaw ux(-te') Uniiw.

Uht-oom ?

Y-em(al)?? Bolon Yookte' K'uh ta ?.

"The Thirteenth 'Bak'tun" will be finished

(on) Four Ajaw, the Third of Uniiw (K'ank'in).

? will occur.

(It will be) the descent(??) of the Nine Support? God(s) to the ?."

This is it. The term following uht-oom is the main puzzle, and largely

effaced. The "descent" reference is highly tentative, too.

Source.

Hardly an End Of Days prophecy.

Nostradamus centuries can be interpreted in such a way to have accuratly predicten twin towers, death of lady di & fire of london.

Most academic sources maintain that the associations made between world events and Nostradamus's quatrains are largely the result of misinterpretations or mistranslations (sometimes deliberate) or else are so tenuous as to render them useless as evidence of any genuine predictive power. Moreover, none of the sources listed offers any evidence that anyone has ever interpreted any of Nostradamus's quatrains specifically enough to allow a clear identification of any event in advance.

Source.

But yeh, anything can be interpreted to point to something pretty much :)

At last something we agree on.

One of the very first images they show when they mention the Maya calendar is an Aztec sun disk. If the makers of the show don't know the fundamental difference between the Aztec and the Maya, what makes you think they've got any of the rest of it right?

One of the very first images they show when they mention the Maya calendar is an Aztec sun disk. If the makers of the show don't know the fundamental difference between the Aztec and the Maya, what makes you think they've got any of the rest of it right?

The desire to believe something that is so strong it's deleterious to common sense? That would explain rather a lot in this forum.

--Jaylemurph

The desire to believe something that is so strong it's deleterious to common sense? That would explain rather a lot in this forum.

--Jaylemurph

Yeah, but why do so many seem so excited to believe that the world ends in 2012. Or they turn it into a "massive change/shift in reality or something" with the added "I'm prepared, you skeptics will be sorry. People are gonna die."

That's just stupid.

HN

Source.

Hardly an End Of Days prophecy.

I never claimed they predicted the end of days :)

I just pointed out that they do have a prophecy about the end of the 13th baktun.

Source.

At last something we agree on.

indeed

Only a Genius can come out with those comments!

If you don't like the thread, then move on to the next one KID.

I found those videos and i thought they were intersting, and I wanted to shared

FYI - The Mayans did made a bunch of prophecies, and you will start to listen to them more and more as we get closer

video 1

video 2

video 3

Edited by ruffgsr

Only a Genius can come out with those comments!

Did someone call? B)

:P

The common belief that the end of the 13th Bak'tun cycle of the Maya calendar coincides with Dec 21 or 23 2012 is based only on an uncertain estimate for the commencement of the Maya Long Count 13.0.0.0.0 (the start of the Maya calendar).

At least one academic interpretation of this date had the Long Count 'zero' itself again approx 260 years ago. There is no scholarly consensus that 21 or 23 Dec 2012 is when the Long Count again reads 13.0.0.0.0

Sites that 'promote' 2012 as being THE DATE, are basically guessing.

The Mayans did made a bunch of prophecies, and you will start to listen to them more and more as we get closer

Firstly, the correct term is "Maya". No academic source, whether its on a video, website or forum, would ever refer to them as "Mayans". Its a sure sign, and one you should take note of, that the source in question doesn't know what they're talking about.

Second, you still haven't shown why anyone should take these videos seriously - they don't know the difference between the Aztec and the Maya. Would you mind telling me what prophecies were made and point me towards some academic sources? And don't just tell me to watch the videos again, which I assume is what you were suggesting by reposting them.

Note, I'm not saying they didn't make prophecies, I'm saying you don't know what they are, and wouldn't know where to find them. Kid.

All these are just rumors untill either we prove or experience it

Thanks

B???

Note, I'm not saying they didn't make prophecies, I'm saying you don't know what they are, and wouldn't know where to find them. Kid.

Your point is ???

There's always one ignorant KID in every thread, and this one has no exception!

FYI: This topic is not about the Mayans ---> MAYA=1, MAYANS = more than 1

This thread is about the other prophets in the video, other than the Mayans and Nostradamus.

Your point is ???

My point is, you asked people to watch the videos and for their comments. I did, and that noticed that the video is demonstrably wrong. Twice. Within the first 2 minutes. And so wrong as to make it clear they simply don't know anything about the subject.

I asked you why you thought we should give such a badly researched piece of work any credence and you stamp and scream and call me an "ignorant kid".

There's always one ignorant KID in every thread, and this one has no exception!

And of course its not you. You've watched a youtube video.

Clued up.

FYI: This topic is not about the Mayans ---> MAYA=1, MAYANS = more than 1

Wrong. You can say "a Maya priest", "a Maya temple", "a group of Maya" or just "the Maya".

It only becomes "Mayan" when you're referencing their language.

Look it up.

Edited by Emma_Acid

And of course its not you. You've watched a youtube video.

Clued up.

.. please go watch The Little Mermaid --> KID!

Let your elders watch those videos, and comment about them.

Sure. At least one of us is wasting our time.

Get over yourself, these are meaningless videos and completely lack in scientific accuracy.

I can't listen to the videos from work. Can you provide some sources for the material presented? Or any source regarding Maya prophecies?

The insults really add to your argument. :tu:

*loves The Little Mermaid but prefers Lion King*

Please, just one valid source regarding the accuracy of ANY of the "prophets" in the video.

HN

Please continue, this argument has entertainment value to it. :D

Would the 'kids' here kindly stop the personal attacks and contribute to the topic like adults.

There should be no need to use ad hominem remarks to put your point across.

Thank you.

Would the 'kids' here kindly stop the personal attacks and contribute to the topic like adults.

There should be no need to use ad hominem remarks to put your point across.

Thank you.

In the spirit of the above admonition, I'd like to respond to the following:

Nibs,

How on Earth could you possibly prefer the saccharine "Lion King" to the nitty-gritty, down and dirty, extremely realistic "Little Mermaid?"

As the OP said, there's one in every thread! :innocent:

To the O.P.

Please translate the Latin phrase I have in my sig. It applies to you; and I don't mean that you are one of the exceptions. :wacko:

Harte

In the spirit of the above admonition, I'd like to respond to the following:

Nibs,

How on Earth could you possibly prefer the saccharine "Lion King" to the nitty-gritty, down and dirty, extremely realistic "Little Mermaid?"

As the OP said, there's one in every thread! :innocent:

To the O.P.

Please translate the Latin phrase I have in my sig. It applies to you; and I don't mean that you are one of the exceptions. :wacko:

Harte

Easy. There is cross dressing hula in the Lion King. Gotta love it.

Evidence in support

HN

I can't listen to the videos from work. Can you provide some sources for the material presented? Or any source regarding Maya prophecies?

The insults really add to your argument. :tu:

Please, just one valid source regarding the accuracy of ANY of the "prophets" in the video.

HN

The Lion King is okay, but I prefer the original Hamlet myself.

...actually, I prefer Julie Taymor's film Titus, which is about halfway between Hamlet, The Lion King and a bad trip. What you have to do to make Titus Andronicus into something watchable is nothing short of a miracle...

--Jaylemurph

According to History Channel, the world has been destroyed by fire and water in the past, what's next? Sound waves perhaps? :o