Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wyoming Mystery

fairweatherrider

My brother in law resides in west central Wyoming, in a town of about 12,000 people. About two years ago, he had contact with a pilot who earned income via spotting lost livestock for ranchers, among other pursuits. The pilot and his wife were performing this activity in a location south of Green Mountain and NW of Baroil, WY. During the flight, they saw a structure that stuck out due to its design: A "castle-like" front, then a larger, more conventional structure extending behind it. They flew closer, out of curiosity, only to see what appeared to be an armed man gesturing toward them from the rooftop with what appeared to be a rifle. They veered away rather quickly after taking a couple of photos. They gave a copy of the photo to my brother in law, who is a semi-pro photog himself. He is also not very organized and says that he cannot find it amongst the thousands he has in his home. Flash forward to about one year ago. He is dining with a friend and the friends young nephew. He tells this tale and the nephew responds with a story of his own. He was hunting on the south side of Green Mountain, when two men approached and told them leave the area immediately. The demeanor of these individuals was such that they simply did what they were told and relocated elsewhere. I have asked my brother in law to look for that photo, but we'll have to see what happens. Question: Has anybody else ever heard of this mysterious place and/or what is going on in this remote corner of Wyoming?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreytMuse

• schizoidwoman

• MirrorImage

• CurlyQLink

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My quick guess. Marijuana farm or Meth Lab.

My quick guess. Marijuana farm or Meth Lab.

That sounds like a distinct possibility!

I know there are several "secret" military test ranges in wyoming. If memory serves Baroil is only a couple hundred miles from F.E Warrent AFB in Cheyanne, so it could be some military thing. I know here in my area we get kicked out of certian areas of the Black Hills now and then because of militarty training ops.

Id love to see this picture, that would shed alot of light on the topic.

Well, a quick search turned up 3 celebrities who have 2nd homes in WY -- Harrison Ford, Sandra Bullock and Dick Cheney. Cheney's home is in the Casper area, so that rules him out...I can totally see him out there in a castle with armed guards patrolling the area and on his roof. Too bad.

Edited to remove VP from Cheney's name :P

Edited by GreytMuse

Another thought -- has anyone tried Google Earth to peek around that area?

Were the armed men dressed all in black? And did they happen to flash a really bright light at your brother-in-law? Did they look anything like Jesse Ventura or Alex Trebek?!

Edited by CausticGnostic

Another thought -- has anyone tried Google Earth to peek around that area?

That's a really good idea!

The pilot and his wife were performing this activity in a location south of Green Mountain and NW of Baroil, WY. Green Mountain (at least the one that google pulls up) is East/South East of Bairoil, I searched the region via google earth NW of Bairoil and South of Green Mountain, as well as east of Green Mountain and the only thing I get is the power plant at Wheatland Wy, which does look sort of like a castle, and would have armed guards on it waving planes off, however, it is not on GM. Green Mountain seems to be a popular hiking destination, so Im thinking maybe the second set of people were totally unrelated to the structure sighted from the plane.