Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeptics vrs experience's

ZEB

Ther is nothing in the world that would convince anyone of anything, unless it becomes personal,,,no video no words no pictures--its the way it works, its all talk to you

live the moment..,, but dont worry about trying to convince anyone its not worth the effort, if you have had your experience

then you know, be one with yourself on your experience, I know how it feels to try to convince, I can only tell of what i have seen,,or experienced,,as the rest of us

can DO NOT LET THE SKEPTICS insult your experience,,live for knowing you have seen,,,let them gribble on,,,as they always do,,if your real in what and who you are

and have seen,,who cares what SKEPTICS THINK, Live for the experience Peace and Light Um-rs ZEB :D

Edited by ZEB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZEB

• CausticGnostic

• Lt_Ripley

• Superman

I'm not an astronaut but i know the Earth's round (oblate spheroid if you want to get technical).

Ther is nothing in the world that would convince anyone of anything, unless it becomes personal,,,no video no words no pictures--its the way it works, its all talk to you

live the moment..,, but dont worry about trying to convince anyone its not worth the effort, if you have had your experience

then you know, be one with yourself on your experience, I know how it feels to try to convince, I can only tell of what i have seen,,or experienced,,as the rest of us

can DO NOT LET THE SKEPTICS insult your experience,,live for knowing you have seen,,,let them gribble on,,,as they always do,,if your real in what and who you are

and have seen,,who cares what SKEPTICS THINK, Live for the experience Peace and Light Um-rs ZEB :D

very well put.

I have actually stopped coming to this site for some time as I gotten fed up with all the skeptics jumping in and tearing people apart.

there are many experiences and things I would love to hear about but poeple are gettting scared of posting because of the name calling and rude things

the skeptics are saying why they come to this site I will never know but they are ruining it for those of us who do beleive and do want to share our experiences and sometimes find true help from others who have exprienced it themsleves. instead those who do beleive or have true suggestions are refraining from commenting because they will be torn apart for it.

Thank you

Edited by Lewys

very well put.

I have actually stopped coming to this site for some time as I gotten fed up with all the skeptics jumping in and tearing people apart.

there are many experiences and things I would love to hear about but poeple are gettting scared of posting because of the name calling and rude things

the skeptics are saying why they come to this site I will never know but they are ruining it for those of us who do beleive and do want to share our experiences and sometimes find true help from others who have exprienced it themsleves. instead those who do beleive or have true suggestions are refraining from commenting because they will be torn apart for it.

Thank you

I dealt with a skeptic on a UK site.. when it was all over we found the "woman" was really a guy.

I'm still waiting for my experience, but I agree with what you say Zeb, I think if you've witnessed something yourself, it's all the proof you need.

Also, it is a shame that folk are afraid to post their experiences/photos - I agree that skeptics have a right to their say, but often the debates here can get personal and nasty. It's impossible to prove with photos/videos but I still appreciate them being put up on the boards for us to judge for ourselves.

I agree that debates here (and anywhere) can get nasty but I think it's a bit unfair to put it on the skeptics shoulders.

HN

I agree that debates here (and anywhere) can get nasty but I think it's a bit unfair to put it on the skeptics shoulders.

HN

Its not all the skeptics we are all skeptics and we all live our own experiences in life,,but when people want to share they should not be afraid they are going to be put

down by so called wisebutt so called dont know anymore then you do skeptics,, If you had an experience you know you did,, you dont need pictures to prove

it it will forever live in your mind,,and its nice that places like this you can share,,Ideas wonderment and experiences,, The picture last forever in your mind if you

have had any type of these events,, I for one have,,and it changed my life and thinking forever,,,and thank god I had witness's with me and it was ongoing for a long time

proven over and over,,,enough to change peoples way of thinking forever,,Really knowing there is something more then just what we see in our everyday lives you

want to share very desperatly,,and understand ZEB :wub:

very well put.

Thank you

One of mankind's little quirks for some...to harass others,,,and this is just what prompted me to start this topic,,I was doing alot of reading

on topics and noticed all the wise comments,,,I can bust chops with the best of them,,but somtimes people should take in consideration

that some people have had very real experience's some good some bad, amd some very fearful and life changing, There are real people

up here

that will listen and help or just read for their own information and it may trigger more nice people to come in on this site,and share

what they know or experienced,,im sure they will post and tell you, Post on Brothers and Sisters ZEB

If you cant offer proof, make a reasonable argument, or are unwilling to at least admit that there are other, non paranormal explinations for your experiances, then there is little reason to post on a public forum. If you dont want to have what you believed picked apart, post it on a blog where you can controll who comments on it.

If you cant offer proof, make a reasonable argument, or are unwilling to at least admit that there are other, non paranormal explinations for your experiances, then there is little reason to post on a public forum. If you dont want to have what you believed picked apart, post it on a blog where you can controll who comments on it.

Many just need answers or opnions there is no proof MirrorImage of the paranormal is we see it at this time of our existence,,,unless experienced yourself,, there are many pictures video's out there that

can and cannot be explained,,proof is to see for ones self,, can you prove that we walked on the moon? Many people out there have the stupidity to

be a skeptic about this and say we never did prove it,,,video-s pictures recorded conversations and people STILL say its a hoax! we as

a human species's have the unique ability to question our existence,,the hows and whys,,this is what its all about,, ZEB

Edited by ZEB

sceptics just need to experience themself of the paranormal.

Sceptics that never ever had any experience always talk so loud . They just need to wait for that to happen

sceptics just need to experience themself of the paranormal.

Sceptics that never ever had any experience always talk so loud . They just need to wait for that to happen

Im a skeptic who has had my own experiances. I am willing to believe that there is a non paranormal explination, and that my mind, like all human minds, doesnt always read what my eyes are seeing properly.

Im a skeptic who has had my own experiances. I am willing to believe that there is a non paranormal explination, and that my mind, like all human minds, doesnt always read what my eyes are seeing properly.

If I was to tell you of my experience's you would only have my word,,,But by no means a non paranormal explanation tho I would agree alot of POSTS would have a non paranormal

explanation..but if you know for sure there is no doubt in what you saw over and over again in your face,,along with 5 people for months, no trick of the eyes,,it changes the

way you think about everything here,,,,everyone should have an experience like this and there would be no more questions lol,,,anyway it is what it is ZEB

Yea, i tend to seek other explanations of weird things happened to me before. However it's always possibilities of something that can be explained but still cant be 100% sure of the reason.

Previously i got terrified of weird things happened, but now im more alert of other possibilities rather than OMG its ghost.

Usually, if i cant explain something even though i research and do my homework to find any reasons, i just leave it alone haha.

It's just sometimes, we think it can be explained but even with the logical reason, we cant be 100% sure. This happens in UM.. We all just state possibilities of something weird happened to someone but never 100% of the actual cause

If everybody adhered to your philosophy, Zeb, there would have been no intellectual or technical advancement at all. Everybody would just believe whatever they wanted to believe, regardless of the presence or absence of evidence. Uncritical acceptance of extraordinary assertions is not some laudable "open-mindedness," but the basest form of superstition, as well as a recipe for self-delusion. Once you dispense with the intellectual category of truth--which is not to be confused with the psychological category of sincerity or honesty, because sincere and honest people can still be wrong--you might as well abandon yourself to all your most pleasant and self-gratifying illusions. After all, they'd be "just as good" as any other illusion.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not because skeptics are wicked people who delight in attacking and tearing down other people's beliefs, but because skeptics are themselves sincere and honest people, people who are looking for the truth--not some pleasant or thrilling illusion.

Attacking skeptics doesn't make believers right.

If everybody adhered to your philosophy, Zeb, there would have been no intellectual or technical advancement at all. Everybody would just believe whatever they wanted to believe, regardless of the presence or absence of evidence. Uncritical acceptance of extraordinary assertions is not some laudable "open-mindedness," but the basest form of superstition, as well as a recipe for self-delusion. Once you dispense with the intellectual category of truth--which is not to be confused with the psychological category of sincerity or honesty, because sincere and honest people can still be wrong--you might as well abandon yourself to all your most pleasant and self-gratifying illusions. After all, they'd be "just as good" as any other illusion.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not because skeptics are wicked people who delight in attacking and tearing down other people's beliefs, but because skeptics are themselves sincere and honest people, people who are looking for the truth--not some pleasant or thrilling illusion.

Attacking skeptics doesn't make believers right.

DONT see it that way! never said they were wicked,, and about the intellectual or techno advancement we are all searchers,,,its the people that think they just know it all becuase

they havent seen,,and just lunp things in general,,,by no means do i say everything is paranormal AND I AGREE on some of what you say people can dillusion themselves but

what of the ones that have seen??? its always a battle between who is right and wrong,,,you could not stand in my shoes and be a skeptic about the paranormal after what I experienced,,,only in your own mind of what you have seen can you compare any thoughts on this matter its simply an opinion.. If you walked the walk

saw it for real,,then you would only be put down with opnions of other minds if you cant prove it You cant catch a spirit with your hands,,,and no matter whats on film or tape etc

it dont even matter,,,there has been very good evidence but no proof..where is the proof my freind??? when you have one in a cage??? or when you see it with your own eyes

I would say a large percentage can be explained,,,but its the ones that cant im talking about,, I would laugh in any skeptics face that said what i saw was an illusion,,but i cant prove it!

tho there were many witness's oh yea it must have been mass hypnotism lol sorry,,,,its just cracks me up the close minded,, I was not looking for what i experienced,,,its just where I was

in those moments of time,,and if you were with me we would not even be in this conversation,,for you would have seen proof with your own eyes,,,and im sure im not the only one

that feels that way,,so im a little biased in this topic,,and just seeing people being put down for what they may or may have not seen is my quirk,,not you per say but in general

ahhhhhhhhhh what did i start lol....just coming to the defense of people who really have seen,,,not the fakes or wannabes or make conversation topics tp get attention zeb peace brother

Edited by ZEB

Read the last quote in my sig, think about Anneliese Michelle or this person in NZ who (it has recently been reported) was murdered during an 'exorcism' because her (I think it was a young girl/woman) family thought she was possessed and then tell me why skeptics should not try to say what they feel is right.

Can anyone here honestly state that these people (A.M. and the NZ woman) were murdered because the experience of those around them was actually real? Those people involved would swear their experience was real, yet they refuse to believe the fact of the murder they committed.

Belief can hurt or even kill people.

Skeptics are very necessary and no-one should be afraid of having what they believe questioned if they are a rational, reasonable person.

So you condemn sceptics when you have no proof of your own paranormal, or supposedly paranormal hauntings, when these people want to find explanations that range into the sane variety?

How very selfish.

Edited by Prospekt

DONT see it that way! never said they were wicked,, and about the intellectual or techno advancement we are all searchers,,,its the people that think they just know it all becuase

they havent seen,,and just lunp things in general

While admittedly this thread is noble in its intention, unfortunately I don't think this is an accurate description of a Skeptic.

Someone who has the qualities you mention above is ignorant to the evidence presented to them, not skeptical. A skeptic arrives at their conclusion after examining the options and weighing up evidence, much the same way a person such as yourself takes personal experience into account when choosing to believe in the phenomenon.

I myself have been present during many strange paranormal manifestations, however, rationality and extrapolation of all the alternatives has made me skeptical about a lot of topics.

To lump people like myself in with ignorant people is being ignorant on your behalf.

Leonardo,

Its true that wrong belief can kill people if not carefully handled.

That's the problem with our world now. Our human mind are so complicated that some tend to believe paranormal first then skip the science like the case in NZ recently and one of the is at some place where some child are considered SATAN and they had to be killed....

and again, we ourself were not there, we dont know if what they were talking is real. IMO people can believe but not to believe something until it can cause life being taken. That's too extreme..

Somehow, im still confused of how Annabelle were able to speak in several foreign languages which if not mistaken is some ancient language? It's even sad to know that the girl was very religious and ended up like this.

So you condone sceptics when you have no proof of your own paranormal, or supposedly paranormal hauntings, when these people want to find explanations that range into the sane variety?

How very selfish.

Prospekt, did you mean to type "condone skeptics" or did you really mean "condemn skeptics"? If the former, I'm a bit confused; if the latter, then I agree with you. What a difference one word can make!

Prospekt, did you mean to type "condone skeptics" or did you really mean "condemn skeptics"? If the former, I'm a bit confused; if the latter, then I agree with you. What a difference one word can make!

Sorry, I've only just woken up.

Leonardo,

Its true that wrong belief can kill people if not carefully handled.

That's the problem with our world now. Our human mind are so complicated that some tend to believe paranormal first then skip the science like the case in NZ recently and one of the is at some place where some child are considered SATAN and they had to be killed....

and again, we ourself were not there, we dont know if what they were talking is real. IMO people can believe but not to believe something until it can cause life being taken. That's too extreme..

Somehow, im still confused of how Annabelle were able to speak in several foreign languages which if not mistaken is some ancient language? It's even sad to know that the girl was very religious and ended up like this.

Was the belief of those who committed those crimes wrong, Something? They truly believed in demonic possession. Their belief wasn't wrong, their reasoning was.

As for Annaliese, I suspect that many of the 'facts' of her condition are urban legend. Many paranormal sites reported extraordinary things about her based on hearsay and rumour. I have yet to see much, if any, concrete evidence for any of these fantastic abilities she reportedly exhibited. That many people still talk of her 'speaking several languages, some ancient' is an indication of the power of unevidenced belief.