Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mysterious Iraqi 'Camel Spider'

UM-Bot

ohmy.gif ewww... this string of spiders is making me feel nausious and paroniod. Ive had serious issues with spiders since i was 11 years old.

This is just freaking me out. EWWW!!

I think spiders look neat. But if one gets near me ill run screaming like a child.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• aquatus1

• bathory

• lkayn

Anyone with spider issues should move here to the arctic. there aren't many spiders here and the ones that are here get no bigger than a pinky nail. Too cold.

• 4 months later...

Camel spiders do grow as big as your hand and in answer to not attacking anything to large. One caused an uproar in a makeshift bar in Barah in 2003 when a load of us were enjoying a well deserved beer. It ran toward someone sitting on the ground with an alarming speed and aggression. It certaintly wasn't scared of humans, someone subsequently stamped on the blighter and it made a hell of a mess on the road. It also secreated some gunk that smelt the bar out.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I had no deal with them before, but I have no idea whats fact or fiction on this board. So now their's no way I'm gonna sign up for the Army now...I planned on it, but not anymore.

When you take a good look, and isolate one of the two spiders, try comparing it to the sleeve of the soldier, and I think you will find that it really would be much more than 3-4 inches in size. Large, to be sure, but hardly a monster.

My brother said him and some of his buddies got bored one day and put some camel spiders and scorpions in a hole together. The scorpions won. :lol:

lol My cousin put them together in a jar in Iraq and the scorpions won as well.

Edited by RagePatriot

His sleeve looks like 3 times as wide as his arm, and that spider is almost the same size as the sleeve!

Oh, c'mon, now. Check the size of the gap in your own sleeve as compared to the size of your wrist. It's not that large.

No, I'm saying HIS appears to be large. I'm not saying this spider was a monster, just pretty damn big. That sleeve looks mighty wide compare to his arm. That's baggier than a rapper's T-Shirt =D

I could be wrong, but to me, I see that sleeve as being pretty baggy.

Edited by ZeroShadow

Hello Frinds:

I don't know if all the info. is true or not

but just thinking of a spider that big creeping

around in in the dark...even when I live in Puerto

Rico gives me the goose bumbs. I'll be sleeping with

my .45 to night!!! :blink::unsure: