Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local Pub & Happenings

sarah snow

Sorry for being so long to report the local happenings, my only excuse is great news with the pub as I find myself so very busy (for which I am so very grateful) as the pub is thriving :tu:

Chef is going to sign up to UM himself, so he will give you his personal perspective on his experiences, as he's experiencing a lot since he moved in here. But I want him to tell his own story, that's best, rather than relay it through me. He's happy to join UM and share what he's experienced, and he's a great guy to boot :yes:

Another aspect is that my boyfriend seems to be the target of some mischievousness!! :o

Jim has been a big fixture in my life for 15 years, but we only recently got together as a couple. He's in no way a woosy man, and I remember being incredulous about 10 years ago when he used to tell me about his days as a commercial diver when he'd get knocked about in play by a dolphin nudging him hard in the shoulder when he was in pitch black, welding the underside of a ship at night. I remember him describing it to me 10 years ago....focusing on the job and then getting a massive nudge in your chest out of nowhere!! I'd panic, but he said "It just wanted to play or was curious, no biggie!" Nothing phases the man :)

But he's now come to the pub, and he's my man :wub: But he never drunk here in all the 15 years I have known him, as he'd arrive with a case of duty free and we'd get mashed at the cottage, so he's never set foot in the door since I've had the place. I guess, as far as this place goes, he's some guy who just walked in. Although in my personal terms, this is so not the case ;)

First incident of direct contact was when we were on our own after locking up and saw him twitch, then his collar was up. Never paid it any mind, then he did it again and drew a fist as if to punch someone behind him in retaliation, but nobody was there, but I saw his collar had risen up on its own and that was weird :huh:

Then a couple of days later at the bar, he kept getting a sensation like someone flicking his ear over and over, but nobody there and I could see it! Again, nobody behind him, but I was right there and could see him and there was nobody behind him.

It doesn't bother him, he just laughs and says "It's weird!"

Since I've had a word in private in the bar and 'introduced' him he's not had any repeats, but I'm just glad he's not a scaredy cat guy, as he's definately been tested the last 2 weeks.

Whatever is here, I think is a little cheeky!!! :lol::lol:

Edited by sarah snow

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah snow

• schizoidwoman

• CausticGnostic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

No, not cheeky, Jam Jar Skater. Jealous! The ghost wants you all to itself! But if your beau was a commercial diver, I wouldn't worry about him being scared off. Those guys have nerves of steel! Congrats on the success of your pub, by the way.

No, not cheeky, Jam Jar Skater. Jealous! The ghost wants you all to itself! But if your beau was a commercial diver, I wouldn't worry about him being scared off. Those guys have nerves of steel! Congrats on the success of your pub, by the way.

Awww, thanks hunny!! :tsu:

It never occurred to me there might be a jealousy aspect involved, never crossed my mind :wacko:

You're right- Jim's not scared off in any way- he finds the whole thing very weird but it doesn't freak him out, thankfully :yes:

Edited by sarah snow

Jealousy was the first thing that I thought of. The fact that you haven't been threatened by, and aren't afraid of, the ghost or ghosts has always struck me as significant. I'm pretty sure that most people would not take your attitude towards a haunting. I suppose you'll know if jealousy's been thrown into the equation if your boyfriend becomes the target of more than mere pranks. Comparing his experiences with your own, and with those of your cook, might be instructive,too. If it's truly an intelligent haunting, then the ghost might treat different people differently, and that may explain why some people are freaked out and scared, while others aren't.

Engrossing thread, Sarah Snow. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely staying up to date on it!

:tu:

I don't seea face in the photo of the bar???

I see the facelike image although I didn't at first. I did notice it after it was mentioned about the general area I was supposed to be looking. Of course, self-described skeptics might merely write this off as the power of suggestion, but I find this point-of-view is very simplistic. And not always valid, really. Because sometimes one person sees something which is actually there that others don't.

As an example. I was walking with my son in my uncle's property deep in the Alabama wilderness and I spied a young doe in a thicket. She was being very still, although she was perfectly visible to me. (Apparently she was immature because I don't think an adult deer would have allowed itself to be seen so easily.) I told my son to look at the doe, but for the life of him he couldn't see her! He asked me if I wasn't seeing things and I said that I definitely wasn't. When he started to move closer, the young doe bolted and disappeared into the thicket. Then my son was definitely a believer!

However, about the face-like figure on the black shelf. I notice that it's on the far left of the board against the wall and a beside an "arm" which supports the shelf. I am wondering if it's not the play of light on the "arm" which is reflecting back against the flat board against the wall and creating that face-like image. Or artifact, as some say. I'm not saying this is the case because I don't know about light sources in that area, or even if the camera had a flash. I just mention it as a possible explanation.

At any rate, keep up the good work! I'm fascinated! Wish I could be there myself! :)

Edited by Bud Rasputin

Engrossing thread, Sarah Snow. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely staying up to date on it!

:tu:

At any rate, keep up the good work! I'm fascinated! Wish I could be there myself! :)

Thanks, BR- great that the thread is interesting, as it sure is a laugh a mnute living and working here, never a dull moment even after the drinkers have gone and we lock up! :D

To be honest, I myself would never claim to really understand what it is that's going on here- I just find it fascinating! I did take the comparison shots so we could compare the grain of wood etc. Often in the early days when I lived here on my own I heard noises and it was really :huh: but there was usually an explanation for them- old building and unfamiliar noises. But some things just really so far defy explanation (so far!!). As so many people have said, the building does not have a menacing feeling in any way. My waitress who has experienced many things does not like to be on her own if she sleeps over here, but I can understand that is she's only 20 and unexplained stuff fascinates and scares her in equal measure, a very normal thing at that age (I was the same as I remember) :yes:

Edited by sarah snow

Hi, apologies if I've missed this in the thread, but where abouts is the pub? Really interesting to hear about all this, particularly as you suggested the investigation not the owners. Often I am suspicious that 'haunted' pubs are just a way to drum up trade...

That's odd. I've never needed an inducement or an excuse to visit a pub, haunted or not. But maybe that's just me. . . .

That's odd. I've never needed an inducement or an excuse to visit a pub, haunted or not. But maybe that's just me. . . .

No, me neither, but with so many pubs closing these days your average inn needs to branch out to survive. It doesn't surprise me that the 'ghost' angle is a popular choice... famously 'haunted' pubs in England like York's Golden Fleece are always packed to the rafters with tourists.

Good thread Sarah! :tu: I can't believe you had the balls to move in to that pub on your own, i could not do that! :lol:

I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to ghosts, but pubs have always seemed a little spooky to me. If ghosts do exist, the pub would be the best place to find them.

Hope we hear some more updates. :tu:

A friend of mine told me last night that his ex use to own a hamster when she lived above a pub, called the Nags Head. (England).

The hamster could apparently sense ghosts. One day in particular the ex was holding the hamster when the Hamster suddenly cocked it's head and did a full and extremely slow 180 degree scan of the room. It then whipped it's head back to look at a bookcase and apparently a bunch of books fell off it.

Now this to me is um...I better not say what my opinions are on this story but the first thing I thought was "It's not a ghost, the hamster is a meglomaniac Carrie"

"It's not a ghost, the hamster is a meglomaniac Carrie"

laugh.gif

Keep up the good work. We are pro-small business and we want the pub to succeed.

Wonderful thread, Sarah!! Love reading about all the activity, please continue to keep us informed!! :)

Wonderful thread, Sarah!! Love reading about all the activity, please continue to keep us informed!! :)

Thanks, hunny! Not had a lot happen the last few days, and my guests have not said anything happened untoward. I suspect Chef is a bit nervous about being on his own in the pub for the night this weekend, but he'll be fine I'm sure :yes:

Now Jim is back from overseas this weekend, I'll get him on the case with Jam Jar Cam :tu:

I had my first visual sighting this weekend. I saw a white cat! Last thing I was expecting really, as all the animal audio things I have experienced over the months have all been related to dogs, as you know :blink:

Bars and pubs are notorius platforms for subliminal microwave warfare. My sister and brother-in-law own a rather large bar and grill here in Southern Oregon and have so for going on 20 years. Very lucrative but extremely stressful, especially in a secret restricted nuclear city. I've worked there off and on for years.

What clandestine subterranean lab facilities do is use bars to attack their subject/abductees with subliminal microwaves and synchronize and orchestrate very bizzare skits, running People around like monkeys. Physical altercations, drug abuse, promiscuity and, of course, drunkeness which ultimately lead to DUI's and related legal troubles.

Alcohol is the ideal format for secret labs to impose upon subjects/abductees because a whole host of maladies can be applied, primarily in the realm of financial, medical and legal difficulties. Additionally, sociological/inter-personal problems can be imposed. I've seen decades-long friendships dissolved over a matter of a few dollars.

"You play with my world

Like it's your little toy

...I want you to know

I can see through your masks".

from "Masters Of war"- Bob Dylan

Bars and pubs are notorius platforms for subliminal microwave warfare. My sister and brother-in-law own a rather large bar and grill here in Southern Oregon and have so for going on 20 years. Very lucrative but extremely stressful, especially in a secret restricted nuclear city. I've worked there off and on for years.

What clandestine subterranean lab facilities do is use bars to attack their subject/abductees with subliminal microwaves and synchronize and orchestrate very bizzare skits, running People around like monkeys. Physical altercations, drug abuse, promiscuity and, of course, drunkeness which ultimately lead to DUI's and related legal troubles.

Alcohol is the ideal format for secret labs to impose upon subjects/abductees because a whole host of maladies can be applied, primarily in the realm of financial, medical and legal difficulties. Additionally, sociological/inter-personal problems can be imposed. I've seen decades-long friendships dissolved over a matter of a few dollars.

I doubt it's anything as contrived as that. In this sleepy little place, nobody can fart in the lane without it being all round the village within half an hour :rofl:

"You play with my world

Like it's your little toy

...I want you to know

I can see through your masks".

from "Masters Of war"- Bob Dylan

Subliminal microwave warfare? In bars?! Secret restricted nuclear cities?! Clandestine subterranean labs abducting people and forcing them to get drunk and become promiscuous?!

Holy cow! What an exciting alternate reality you inhabit! And all this time I've been thinking that getting drunk and being promiscuous were merely recreational activities. Who knew they were effects of some insidious conspiracy? Thanks for the heads-up.

I had my first visual sighting this weekend. I saw a white cat! Last thing I was expecting really, as all the animal audio things I have experienced over the months have all been related to dogs, as you know :blink:

That's brilliant; was it downstairs in the bar or menacing chef?

I doubt it's anything as contrived as that. In this sleepy little place, nobody can fart in the lane without it being all round the village within half an hour :rofl:

Then that makes it the ideal cover.. :ph34r::alien:

You two do not sound either sufficiently drunk nor satisfactorily promiscuous. Hold on a moment, while I crank up the signal on my secret microwave transmitter. . .

Oops. It only seems to be affecting me! I guess my transmitter isn't powerful enough. Oh, well. Off to the clandestine lab in my secret basement, to do more research!

That's brilliant; was it downstairs in the bar or menacing chef?

It was downstairs by the pool table hun, in the bar area. Chef is blissfully unaware :lol:

CGnostic- you're a hoot, buddy, you've had me laughing out loud here!! :rofl::tsu:

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I can definitely see the face in the shelf. It almost looks to me as if it is not in the wood but slightly infront of it if that makes any sense. I have to say though, I think you are off your rocker to be living there, esp on your own! I don't think I'd even be able to live there with a ton of other people.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I can definitely see the face in the shelf. It almost looks to me as if it is not in the wood but slightly infront of it if that makes any sense. I have to say though, I think you are off your rocker to be living there, esp on your own! I don't think I'd even be able to live there with a ton of other people.

Oh, bless ya!! :) There's really nothing to be scared of. It's just a lovely, old place where I find myself in simple terms the caretaker in my lifetime, so to speak, and former 'residents' like to stick around or visit when they choose. It does not have a threatening feel to me, and I have never felt afraid here even in the months I was on my own before I inadvertently inherited a live-in Chef :lol: The worst problem with things like this is if you allow your imagination to rule your sense of reason and rationality. Then it would get scary as the mind plays tricks in old buildings,for sure :yes:

Glad you're enjoying the thread :tu: