Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Think I Might Have Telekinesis

Paranormian

Me and my sister where talking and she was making a card as i was on the coputer doing whatever. Then all of a sudden I feel and itch on my head and I look to my left and the pop can was spinning Clcokwise by itself. No one or anything touching it just spinning for about 4 second then it stopped. Any explinations :blink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Paranormian

• Dayne

• insanemind

What? Is this yet another "special ability" you're trying to convince yourself you possess? Whether you possess it or not, I definitely think you ought to have your head examined. That, or quit watching "Heroes."

Edited by CausticGnostic

What? Is this yet another "special ability" you're trying to convince yourself you possess? Whether you possess it or not, I definitely think you ought to have your head examined. That, or quit watching "Heroes."

No im just freaking out it was just moving by it self clock wise how do u explain that. Don't have to be a jerk bout it. <_<

But I should not care what you think your one of many on my critics list so see yah. :tu:

Your thread "Cool ability I might have" is still open and active. You might have considered posting over there instead of opening a new thread.

Anyway, it's hard to give you any kind of an answer. You didn't say where this pop can was (on your lap, on a table) before you got an itch on your hand, or how it was spinning (on it's side, standing up), or even if there was pop in the can. Those little details might help. The more the better.

Edited by They're Here

Your thread "Cool ability I might have" is still open and active. You might have considered posting over there instead of opening a new thread.

Anyway, it's hard to give you any kind of an answer. You didn't say where this pop can was (on your lap, on a table) before you got an itch on your hand, or how it was spinning (on it's side, standthere you go.ing up), or even if there was pop in the can. Those little details might help. The more the better.

Well i said it was on the left, on a table, upright, empty, as the wierd feeling/itch on my head while it was spinning and clockwise as my sister was across the table writing. :D There you go.

Well i said it was on the left, on a table, upright, empty, as the wierd feeling/itch on my head while it was spinning and clockwise as my sister was across the table writing. :D There you go.

Perhaps you or your sister bumped the table? In any event, I don't know why you'd jump to the conclusion that you did it with your mind just because you had an itchy head. That would be the last thing I would think. Even if there was no natural explanation, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was my own doing...and yes I've seen some strange things in my time. Why did you jump to that conclusion?

I don't think you have any "Special Ability" at all such as you think Telekenisis...as the possiblity of that is rare. Honestly it could be any number of things, try doing different experiements to see what could of possibly done it and what not. Because if you do happen to have a "Special Ability" I wouldn't think you or what ever it was would be able to "CONTROL" such a thing so early on. I do believe that these things do possibly exist, but I've yet to see it happen in person and be convinced that it's real and works. I'm looking at it from the point of view of the critic because the possiblity of it being Telekensis is so low that it's hard to say.

Me and my sister where talking and she was making a card as i was on the coputer doing whatever. Then all of a sudden I feel and itch on my head and I look to my left and the pop can was spinning Clcokwise by itself. No one or anything touching it just spinning for about 4 second then it stopped. Any explinations :blink:

Hello you! I just posted a reply to you on your other thread. If the cap was turning clockwise, it'd appear that it was tightening...was the cap screwed on fully? If it was, this could have been an optical illusion due to the fact that you were staring at a computer screen, I've often spent too much time staring at my laptop, and having tired eyes, have looked away from the screen only to have some object that I have happened to gaze at, warp slightly.

I think you are gearing yourself up for getting yourself into a psychic tizzy, I've done this too in the past it's not healthy, I can tell you. Please, try not think that everything that occurs to you in your everyday life has some sort of psychic attribute, this is very damaging to your mental health. If you keep posting threads that state that you have a new ability because of something that has happened to you that seems odd, you are going to open yourself up to ridicule and are going to start feeling horrid. You have to treat your experiences in an impartial manner and understand that some of the events your experiences are: cognitive, sensory and environmental factors, otherwise, like I did when I was younger, you'll end up attributing EVERYTHING to the paranormal and it'll take over your life.

If anyone is interested in this subject (telekineses), I recommend a very good book called: Mysteries of the unknown: Mind over matter by Time life books.

Peace be with you sweetheart.

Lady Ma'at.

Hello you! I just posted a reply to you on your other thread. If the cap was turning clockwise, it'd appear that it was tightening...was the cap screwed on fully? If it was, this could have been an optical illusion due to the fact that you were staring at a computer screen, I've often spent too much time staring at my laptop, and having tired eyes, have looked away from the screen only to have some object that I have happened to gaze at, warp slightly.

I think you are gearing yourself up for getting yourself into a psychic tizzy, I've done this too in the past it's not healthy, I can tell you. Please, try not think that everything that occurs to you in your everyday life has some sort of psychic attribute, this is very damaging to your mental health. If you keep posting threads that state that you have a new ability because of something that has happened to you that seems odd, you are going to open yourself up to ridicule and are going to start feeling horrid. You have to treat your experiences in an impartial manner and understand that some of the events your experiences are: cognitive, sensory and environmental factors, otherwise, like I did when I was younger, you'll end up attributing EVERYTHING to the paranormal and it'll take over your life.

If anyone is interested in this subject (telekineses), I recommend a very good book called: Mysteries of the unknown: Mind over matter by Time life books.

Peace be with you sweetheart.

Lady Ma'at.

I believe she posted saying it was a pop can...and not a pop bottle cap.

Fair enough, I misread the post, easy mistake to make. It still could have been an optical illusion.

Can you demonstrate this in a controlled environment?

Can anyone ever?

Also, OP, did you think about the clock at all before it happened?

Edited by _Libby

i agree if you can control it at will that is one thing just happening once is another.

and if you can control "it" at will then you should be able to get this verified as a "power" very easily.

But being able to develope this kinda of skill i know nothing about so i can't help you there

How was it spinning, on its side, standing up? How fast was it spinning? How may rotations did it make before it stopped? What kinda pop was it? Which way was the tab pointed? Where was the itch on your head? How did you know it was 4 secs? When you felt the each why did you look at the can? Was there any noises coming from the can? How come you reliazed it was going clockwise(most peope would be to shocked to look at a detail as mute as direction of rotation)? Did it rest in the same postion as it ws before it started spinning? Did your sister witness this? What exactly where you doing at the time of the itch aquired?

Your post is way to vague to even begin to come to any conclusion of what might of caused it. I mean I cant understand why you came on here and ask for peoples opinions and then dismiss any logical explantions without even considering the possabilities. What did you really expect people to say? Yes your a mighty powerful being that clearly possess telekinetic abilities and shuold harness your ability and secure your legendary name in the history books as the inbodyment of human potintal.

Im sorry if this sounds mean, but I would be more opt to believe in someone that came in here with an amazing phenomenon they couldnt explain and working with the community to elimanate posabillities to you come down to the conclusion that it couldnt be anything else but telekinesis, instead of jumping to the conclusion of it was telekinesis before elimanting any posable conclusions other then telekinesis. Im not saying it was or wasnt but your doing yourself a diservice by rejecting anybodies thoery because its not what you want it to be. If you would like to discuss this in a respectful and scientific approch, Im willing to work with you to come to the right conclusion but if your just going to be dead set in your conclusion that it was telekinesis then I like many other will just dismiss you as an attention seeker, or worse. Im sorry but theres pages of people with the exact same stories and the exact same attuide your potraying, if nobody agrees with them then they dissappear and no breaking news about pyschic every comes on the news or even the front page of this website.

I did do experiments and bumping the table would not keep it flat on the table while its turning i looked at it and it was turning a couple more seconds then stopped it did not tip, turn etc. just stayed flat spinning clockwise like the lable wanted to turn towards me. Oh and BTW i'm a guy its ok honost mistake. :D And yes I jumped to conclusion of it being telekinesis rather quick but it's still wierd.

Edited by Paranormian

Well thank you for clearing up exactly what happened. Ok I have few simple questions. Im assuming it was a standard aluminum can, is that correct? Your absolutely sure that you didnt brush it in anyway? What kind of pop was it? How long was it since you last touched the can? Im doing simple expirements to eliminate possabilities so I will have more questions to ask later.

Well thank you for clearing up exactly what happened. Ok I have few simple questions. Im assuming it was a standard aluminum can, is that correct? Your absolutely sure that you didnt brush it in anyway? What kind of pop was it? How long was it since you last touched the can? Im doing simple expirements to eliminate possabilities so I will have more questions to ask later.

ok first its been there for about an hour, yes simple aluminum can (empty), Mountain Dew, no brushingon anything afer it happened iI looked around to make sure, and happened about 4-5 seconds.

If this is an event that indeed happened and you are sure that its not an illusion from staring into the screen too much or your eyes being tired I would not jump to the conclusion that it was an ability that you developed but perhaps a spirit of shorts that has taken residents or might even just a visit to your home, but in any case my advice if you choose to take is keep an eye out on any other strange behaviors but don't over read it or your mind will trick you and you will begin to see things that you want to see rather then the truth (Kind of like jumping at shadows and seeing monsters that are not really there). Just live your normal life and if you do notice further activity just keep note of the clues and you might figure out what is really happening.

Blessed Be,

Daggera

So, just because a soda can was spinning in front of you and you're sister, you all of a sudden think you might have telekinesis?

What makes you think that something just didn't bump the soda can? You have to weed out EVERY OTHER possiblity first.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

So, just because a soda can was spinning in front of you and you're sister, you all of a sudden think you might have telekinesis?

What makes you think that something just didn't bump the soda can? You have to weed out EVERY OTHER possiblity first.

You might want to read the whole topic before posting, almost every single post after the first one says the thing you just did... Just a note...

On the matter at hand, I have a simple question... Were there any windows/doors/whatever open? Wind can do some freaky things you know...

You might want to read the whole topic before posting, almost every single post after the first one says the thing you just did... Just a note...

On the matter at hand, I have a simple question... Were there any windows/doors/whatever open? Wind can do some freaky things you know...

Wind wont move a can as the poster has discribed, I tested that theory and it was one of my first thoery aswell. I also ruled out brushing the can because even with barely any contact the can still wobbled during its rotation.

Also on a side note kudos to you for pointing out that person didnt even read any other post then the first post. :tu:

Edited by insanemind

Wind wont move a can as the poster has discribed, I tested that theory and it was one of my first thoery aswell. I also ruled out brushing the can because even with barely any contact the can still wobbled during its rotation.

Also on a side note kudos to you for pointing out that person didnt even read any other post then the first post. :tu:

Get over it! Just because I didn't read every single post doesn't mean I missed anything. The fact that this person might actually even have telekinesis is like one in ten billion chances.

Get over it! Just because I didn't read every single post doesn't mean I missed anything. The fact that this person might actually even have telekinesis is like one in ten billion chances.

But theres still a chance, Im not saying he does and if you would of read just the first few post you would of seen that I got him to admit that he jump to the conclusion of it being telekinesis before elimanting any other posibilities. Get over what that you contributed absoultly nothing but naysaying. If you would of read a bit then you would of read that we were doing just what your first post in this thread stated. So yeah I say ya missed alot.

But theres still a chance, Im not saying he does and if you would of read just the first few post you would of seen that I got him to admit that he jump to the conclusion of it being telekinesis before elimanting any other posibilities. Get over what that you contributed absoultly nothing but naysaying. If you would of read a bit then you would of read that we were doing just what your first post in this thread stated. So yeah I say ya missed alot.

:D Alrighty! I got it.