Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Think I Might Have Telekinesis

Paranormian

Wind wont move a can as the poster has discribed, I tested that theory and it was one of my first thoery aswell. I also ruled out brushing the can because even with barely any contact the can still wobbled during its rotation.

Also on a side note kudos to you for pointing out that person didnt even read any other post then the first post. :tu:

Still, wind can move in quite freakish ways you couldn't even re-produce... I think someone survived falling from a building because a freakish upward drift caught him mid-air... I would first make sure there was no way for a wind to form before I ruled it out... :unsure2:

And if it isn't the wind, I'm going for the mental illusion theory... One time only makes it a freakish accident by some means (unlikely that it's telekinesis if it has happened only once)... If other same kind of things happened to you, I'd be more curious... But like another poster said, if you actually think about it and try to look for it, there's a big chance your mind will re-produce what you want to see... So until you get more weird things definately happening to you, I would rule out telekinesis...

Even if Telekinesis is "impossible" according to many scientists, doesn't make the theories and phenomenon any less consistant, and what you experienced doesn't go with any theories I've read/heard about telekinesis...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Paranormian

• Dayne

• insanemind

Still, wind can move in quite freakish ways you couldn't even re-produce... I think someone survived falling from a building because a freakish upward drift caught him mid-air... I would first make sure there was no way for a wind to form before I ruled it out... :unsure2:

And if it isn't the wind, I'm going for the mental illusion theory... One time only makes it a freakish accident by some means (unlikely that it's telekinesis if it has happened only once)... If other same kind of things happened to you, I'd be more curious... But like another poster said, if you actually think about it and try to look for it, there's a big chance your mind will re-produce what you want to see... So until you get more weird things definately happening to you, I would rule out telekinesis...

Even if Telekinesis is "impossible" according to many scientists, doesn't make the theories and phenomenon any less consistant, and what you experienced doesn't go with any theories I've read/heard about telekinesis...

True but a can is a cyclinder, its roundness would redirect wind flow around it in order for wind flow to make the an rotate like he described it would have to have something for the wind to push on. However I did fail to ask if the can was still in perfect shape. Otherwise the can would of just been knocked over by any wind flow as the can would have surface for wind to push on. I hope that makes sense its getting late lol.

Why is it that lately on this site and many others all I've been seeing is young adults saying they have special powers?

Is there some kind of popular tv show or book out with teens/young adults with supper powers that is really popular right now?

You know, like when twilight came out, all the teen girls asking if they or their boyfriends were vampires..

No offense OP, just whenever there is some kind of mainstream promotion of a paranormal subject you'll see an up rise in threads like this.

I am not saying the people who make these threads are fake or real or stupid or easily influenced, they could be any of those and simply just had their attention brought to the subject by the suggestion of the topic in whatever form it was delivered in.

Anyway, it could have been anything, anything at all.

This reminds me of when I was little and would focus on an object pointing my finger at it trying to move it, ...sometimes i still try... :unsure:

And for OP if you're serious and you really think this was some kind of special power, just try being more vigilant and maybe keeping a journal of your experiences and video taping it, but if you do get anything on video honestly think twice before you post it and do not post it in order to prove anything to anyone because you'll get a lot of replies telling you how you faked it.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you know in your heart what is true, that's all the matters.

Why is it that lately on this site and many others all I've been seeing is young adults saying they have special powers?

Is there some kind of popular tv show or book out with teens/young adults with supper powers that is really popular right now?

You know, like when twilight came out, all the teen girls asking if they or their boyfriends were vampires..

Heroes

That might do it... Also a show called "Supernatural" is around I think... I like them both... Quite a few people with over-active imagination around, yeah... Though my interest on the subject started way before that... :)

p.s And no, I don't think I have superpowers, special gift, unusual ability etc. I'm just interested how it could be possible... :)

Ok well guys i was simply venting. I was just freaked out but everyone make this such a huge deal. I saw the can spin no windows, doors open no wind etc. It just spun even my sis saw it but whatever. :hmm:

Edited by Paranormian

Ok well guys i was simply venting. I was just freaked out but everyone make this such a huge deal. I saw the can spin no windows, doors open no wind etc. It just spun even my sis saw it but whatever. :hmm:

So, clearly, anything that you, with your prodigious intellect, can't explain naturally must be supernatural. Yeah, I think we got that, Subnormian.

No im just freaking out it was just moving by it self clock wise how do u explain that. Don't have to be a jerk bout it. <_<

He is a/n (insert adjective) so don't play into his crap. He is rude to many people and it is specifically stated upon coming to this forum to not act the way he is. I would recommend reporting him or simply ignoring him. He does have some interesting info at times and does bring some interesting ideas to light but for the most part, from the posts I have read from him responding to others that haven't posted a novel, he is rude and sarcastic.

Report it or ignore it, either way the more you respond to him the more you feed the fire of ignorance. I don't think he has any clue how to be even the least bit civil or respectful regardles if he disagrees with someones claims..

Edited by Diavna

Wind wont move a can as the poster has discribed, I tested that theory and it was one of my first thoery aswell. I also ruled out brushing the can because even with barely any contact the can still wobbled during its rotation.

Also on a side note kudos to you for pointing out that person didnt even read any other post then the first post. :tu:

Yah even if it was wind unless there were a tornado or very high winds present there is no way a can could do that.

To the OP,

I find it incredibly hard to believe you.

I also find it highly repulsive, and offending to those of us that can *genuinely* express psychokinetic abilities like telekinesis.

Please, stop it. Just stop it. It is really making me uncomfortable, and you seem to be purposely hyping up the boards and making threads to stir up users, and when they reply, you flame them. This is called 'trolling', and it is a highly looked-down-on behaviour.

I am sorry for being harsh, but as they say, you have to be cruel to be kind. :)

Also, telekinesis takes much concentration. Heart rates have been known to escalate to dangerously high tensity.

It takes migraine-inducing, chest panging, arm jarring effort to successfully perform telekinesis at an extreme form as you describe(objects lifting up). Not just scratching your head and blinking.

Also, telekinesis takes much concentration. Heart rates have been known to escalate to dangerously high tensity.

It takes migraine-inducing, chest panging, arm jarring effort to successfully perform telekinesis at an extreme form as you describe(objects lifting up). Not just scratching your head and blinking.

You speak as though from personal experience?...

Sorry Sir Quack, but there is no way for the human body to use energy in such a way that it can be used to move objects. Energy does not work like that and energy in humans certainly doesn't.

If you are willing to demonstrate that you can you are welcome to do so by showing such abilities in a controlled environment.

man, if I saw a coke can spinning by itself and if it looked remarkable, I'd be more worried abt the ghosts than any superduper powers I might have.

If you are willing to demonstrate that you can you are welcome to do so by showing such abilities in a controlled environment.

So you keep saying, but no one seems to want to take you up on that suggestion. Funny, that.

I've seen one phenomenon that could have been telekinesis or it might have been a poltergyst but it certainly wasn't intentional and I doubt it could have been repeated if the person tried. I don't believe any human can perform under controlled environments under any conditions.

I don't believe anyone who has ever suceeded in accidently performing such a feat could control it. In fact the person I believe was responsible for performing the incident I'm referring to wasn't even aware they were doing it.

I have an odd story about TK, something that happened to me once, it kind of freaked me out. I was sitting in our kitchen in our old house doing my homework, and like most kids, I became really bored and couldn't focus on what I was doing. So my mind wandered, and I began to look at things around me, particulary I focused on a small plastic red pencil sharpener (the manual kind where you put your pencil in and twist it to sharpen). I thought to myself, why the hell shouldnt I just try to move it closer to me with my mind (I was big into scifi at the time, a pretty dorky kid I guess, thank God that radioactive spider bit me, anyways..). So I focussed on it intently, cleared my mind and visualized it moving closer to me slowly. I wanted it to just slide across the counter and into my hand. I did this for about 5 minutes, nothing happened and I gave up. I then went back to doing my homework. About 30 seconds went by and right before my eyes, the pencil sharpener slid about a foot to the right and fell right off the counter onto the floor. I didn't touch it, and none of my work was even near it since I was working on the far left side of our counter. Needless to say it freaked me the f--k out and I ran out of there fast. True story.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Get over it! Just because I didn't read every single post doesn't mean I missed anything. The fact that this person might actually even have telekinesis is like one in ten billion chances.

Yes, but with your ignorance, you missed the fact that the OP already stated it was an absurd conclusion to jump to.

So, please. READ

I have an odd story about TK, something that happened to me once, it kind of freaked me out. I was sitting in our kitchen in our old house doing my homework, and like most kids, I became really bored and couldn't focus on what I was doing. So my mind wandered, and I began to look at things around me, particulary I focused on a small plastic red pencil sharpener (the manual kind where you put your pencil in and twist it to sharpen). I thought to myself, why the hell shouldnt I just try to move it closer to me with my mind (I was big into scifi at the time, a pretty dorky kid I guess, thank God that radioactive spider bit me, anyways..). So I focussed on it intently, cleared my mind and visualized it moving closer to me slowly. I wanted it to just slide across the counter and into my hand. I did this for about 5 minutes, nothing happened and I gave up. I then went back to doing my homework. About 30 seconds went by and right before my eyes, the pencil sharpener slid about a foot to the right and fell right off the counter onto the floor. I didn't touch it, and none of my work was even near it since I was working on the far left side of our counter. Needless to say it freaked me the f--k out and I ran out of there fast. True story.

As I am very analytical, the fact that you stated, "and none of my work was even near it, etc." makes me think you experimented and found out it WAS your homework that bumped it..... causing it to slide to your right/left off of the counter..... Then again, you could just be smart enough to put that into your initial post... so, either way..

Cool story.

As I am very analytical, the fact that you stated, "and none of my work was even near it, etc." makes me think you experimented and found out it WAS your homework that bumped it..... causing it to slide to your right/left off of the counter..... Then again, you could just be smart enough to put that into your initial post... so, either way..

Cool story.

Okay explain my experience. I was sitting at the computer and talking on the phone at the same time. I was using a dining room high back chair and had a bed pillow wedged tightly to aid the small of my back. I started to feel the pillow move slightly then it went flying about three feet from the chair without my moving a muscle. I mentioned it to the person I was talking to and they told me they were actually thinking of doing that because I had talked about how my computer chair was broken and I was sitting on a dining room chair.

Okay explain my experience. I was sitting at the computer and talking on the phone at the same time. I was using a dining room high back chair and had a bed pillow wedged tightly to aid the small of my back. I started to feel the pillow move slightly then it went flying about three feet from the chair without my moving a muscle. I mentioned it to the person I was talking to and they told me they were actually thinking of doing that because I had talked about how my computer chair was broken and I was sitting on a dining room chair.

I see nothing unusual here. :mellow:

I see nothing unusual here. :mellow:

So how often do you have pillows yanked out from behind you and go flying forcefully across the room by an invisible force?

Edited by Dayne

So how often do you have pillows yanked out from behind you and go flying forcefully across the room by an invisible force?

Yeah that bit I think you just made up personally.

I am willing to accept evidence to the contrary though :)

Edited by Mattshark

Yeah that bit I think you just made up personally.

I am willing to accept evidence to the contrary though :)

I don't make things up. As far as your evidence, you weren't there and it hasn't happened again so I guess you'll just have to keep wearing your skeptic hat.

I don't make things up. As far as your evidence, you weren't there and it hasn't happened again so I guess you'll just have to keep wearing your skeptic hat.

I have no reason to believe in the phenomena of flying pillows. Scepticism is the greatest form of open mindedness :tu: