Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Religion

zombiekill999

You can't lump everyone whose a Christian into the same boat, while I'll agree there are those who believe as you say but you won't find them in this fourm.... Well ok you might find some that tend to give that impression.

I think there's Good and bad in all religions, as there is in every person.

Trick is to try find the best of the best in all People and ways, Kicking the junk aside, or not employing it in my life, if it does not agree with what I know to be Good and true.

But just seeing the diff can Helpe in ways So I can pick and choose through Experience.

God bless The Bad guys, for showing me How I do not want to be. :wub:

Love Omnaka

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Omnaka

• She-ra

• Marcus Aurelius

Some Christians don't say that BS.

It all depends on the church.

Most people are hypocrites though.

God is an inside job. All you need you already have. no religious beliefs need apply really.

If you want a good view of subjects like this RUN not WALK to your local bookstore or order the book The Varities of Religious Experience by William James.

It is a great book. And not that I begrudge Amazon the business, but the book is in the public domain, so if you are short on funds, you might consider one of the free, and completely law-abiding, web sources.

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/621

http://manybooks.net/titles/jameswiletext96varre10.html

(which, ironically, distributes Amazon's free pdf version)

I think there's Good and bad in all religions, as there is in every person.

Trick is to try find the best of the best in all People and ways, Kicking the junk aside, or not employing it in my life, if it does not agree with what I know to be Good and true.

But just seeing the diff can Helpe in ways So I can pick and choose through Experience.

God bless The Bad guys, for showing me How I do not want to be. :wub:

Love Omnaka

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with Christianity, only those who become so caught up in their own versions of same. Rather than being pious they become arrogant, convinced their version of truth is the only truth. Again, the Christian faith should be internal first and foremost. No institution will ever give one true faith, but a recycled version of same.

All right. I do not like the christian faith. I don't like how the christian people always think they are high and mighty and all other religions are crap. I was an atheist for the longest time. I still am. But i want a new religion. Some suggestions? And can someone please explain the ways of: Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormon, and Muslim? Please respond, my soul may depend on it.

Christian, old style ?

All right. I do not like the christian faith. I don't like how the christian people always think they are high and mighty and all other religions are crap.
This isn't true. You are assuming that Christians follow their faith perfectly (which would be a contradiction to their faith.) Let me demonstrate so that you can't say you haven't heard:

"This [is] a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." - 1 Timothy 1:15

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)," - Ephesians 2:4-5

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

Christianity is and always will be about God saving humanity by His own righteousness, not humanity saving itself by it's own merit. If you knew anything about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you would know that.

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law." - Romans 3:8

Try learning more about Christianity before you start slandering it.

I was an atheist for the longest time. I still am. But i want a new religion. Some suggestions? And can someone please explain the ways of: Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormon, and Muslim? Please respond, my soul may depend on it.

Yeah, real Christianity (the kind you think you know, but don't.) Check out www.beggarsandbread.blogspot.com for a demonstration of that kind.

Christianity is and always will be about God saving humanity by His own righteousness, not humanity saving itself by it's own merit. If you knew anything about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you would know that.

that's an opinion.... not a fact.

Out of curiosity... would you care to elaborate?

Yeah. I suggested Buddhism because it has the whole candy-system, without any real reason to kill anybody.(No gods, "kill the infidels", whatever)

It also doesn't have any prayer cope out.("I can do whatever I what if I ask for forgiveness")

Cheers,

SQLserver

Any hierarchical, spiritual authoritative structure is detrimental to peace between humans because humans love to "one up themselves".

All right. I do not like the christian faith. I don't like how the christian people always think they are high and mighty and all other religions are crap. I was an atheist for the longest time. I still am. But i want a new religion. Some suggestions? And can someone please explain the ways of: Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormon, and Muslim? Please respond, my soul may depend on it.

What if all of the religions were true - that they had traces of truth, but got most of it wrong?

Perhaps we were all designed and created. By something that primitive people THOUGHT was a god or gods?

Perhaps we were all designed by people from another planet? The Bible does say "Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness".

Check out my signature for a quick run down of the Raelian religion.

It makes the most sense to me after years of searching.

-Josh

What if all of the religions were true - that they had traces of truth, but got most of it wrong?

Perhaps we were all designed and created. By something that primitive people THOUGHT was a god or gods?

Perhaps we were all designed by people from another planet? The Bible does say "Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness".

Check out my signature for a quick run down of the Raelian religion.

It makes the most sense to me after years of searching.

-Josh

and what if the 'our' from the bible is nothing more that the scribes that wrote it misusing a pronoun ? forgetting to write I instead of our on the man made opinion. ? made an 'oopsie' and wrote in the third person instead of the first ?

New religion... hmm...

If you want a new religion, try something that says "hey. hey you. put down the dusty book, stop leaping to grandiose conclusions about the world based on the superstitions, fears, and biases of ancient men with primitive understandings of their surroundings, go outside, look up, and take it all in"

Thats basically what I believe.