Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Magnetic Pole Shift Within 1000 Years?

News-Bot

Posted By Saruman on Monday, November 11 2002

Subject: Magnetic Pole Shift Within 1000 Years?

Earth's magnetic field - the force that protects us from deadly radiation bursts from outer space - is weakening dramatically. Scientists have discovered that its strength has dropped precipitously over the past two centuries and could disappear over the next 1,000 years.

The effects could be catastrophic. Powerful radiation bursts, which normally never touch the atmosphere, would heat up its upper layers, triggering climatic disruption. Navigation and communication satellites, Earth's eyes and ears, would be destroyed and migrating animals left unable to navigate.

Click Here To Read The Complete Article......

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Bizarro

• News-Bot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are mistaken Dshwartz . It will probably happen a lot sooner than that . I think our wierd weather patterns will make sure that the poles shift when the world is unbalanced in a natural cycle of polar movement . I live very close to the south pole and the weather we are experincing in a part of the country which is usuall suffering from drought at this stage of the year is unseasonal to say the least . Mind you the ski feilds have almost gotten an extra 2 months out of the season this year.

I don't live near the ski fields but we are experiencing snow to day . Only 1 more month till summer . Ha Ha Ha * Kismit looks at the hail and sleet out side and dosen't really find it all that funny *

" I'm dreaming of a white christmas" It's gona happen too .