Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamas New Attack On 2nd Ammendment

Lord Umbarger

By that reasoning we should also be aloud to own grenades, tanks, fighter jets, and battleships to fight that potential threat of Tyranny. Because what are these citizens going to do when they uprise and have to deal with the armies of America, England, Canada, Australia, or whatever nation the fight is in?

In all truth, we legally can own all that stuff! Of course, most of us couldn't afford any of it.

For handgranades and machine guns, you'd have to have a "Class Three Federal Firearms Permit". Maybe not for the handgrenades but, you can legally own that stuff, if you can afford it. There are a lot of militia groups with members that do own tanks though. Check out the Michigan Militia sites and Youtube videos.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• The Silver Thong

• Leonardo

• dan2234

once the guns have all been taken, then our freedoms are surely all gone. What do they have left to take from us after that? This once great country has completely been eroded by this adminstration and within a few short months.

Charlton Heston weeps in his crypt in LA.

once the guns have all been taken, then our freedoms are surely all gone. What do they have left to take from us after that? This once great country has completely been eroded by this adminstration and within a few short months.

Most of your freedoms are already gone like having the right to privacy and free speech.....

As for the guns they don't want to take them away... This would be called a prohibition and no one is really pushing for a total gun ban. Gun control is simply regulations that would ensure public safety while still honoring the second.

If I was in the US I would be more scared of paranoid nut jobs arming themselves to the teeth because they think the governments gonna get em.

If people do not support the regulation of fire arms and certain restrictions on weapons then they are morons. There is no real debate when it comes to ensuring that stable responsible adults can own guns while those who aren't don't get guns.

If I was in the US I would be more scared of paranoid nut jobs arming themselves to the teeth because they think the governments gonna get em.

I live in the U.S. and I'm not afraid of that. So you're either paranoid or your claim is baseless.

If people do not support the regulation of fire arms and certain restrictions on weapons then they are morons. There is no real debate when it comes to ensuring that stable responsible adults can own guns while those who aren't don't get guns.

Can't you debate without resorting to ad hominem attacks like red-necks and morons? It's not really a sign of intelligence. It's really just a sign of -- well, being a moron.

Edited by They're Here

hetrodoxly,

A couple of things you really need to look up and learn before you continue this debate.

1) What does illegal mean?

2) If a law changes or is introduced, does disregarding that new law constitute criminal behaviour?

3) The link you provided has some of the same information I provided. Hand guns are no longer classified by calibre or bore, but by muzzle length or muzzle velocity (for air guns). Understand that what you are arguing is completely irrelevant to the law.

4) The legislation in the link you provided, copied in the link I provided IS the legislation for hand guns. You provide the link to the legislation then state there is no legislation for hand guns!!! :blink:

5) Not all gun-related incidents involve those unlicensed guns owned by criminals. The legislation brought in is intended to enforce the law more strictly on criminals, yes, but the primary activity of this legislation is to take guns out of the population because people kill other people with guns - not all of those people were criminals before they killed someone.

For your further information, WHO reports (table A.10, page 323) the rate of firearms-related deaths in the UK to be 0.3 per 100,000 individuals compared to 11.3/100,000 for the USA (figures from 1998/1999). I would ask you which Government's firearms policy appears to be more effective in mitigating death by firearms?

I provided the link to the amendment in the law.

This is becoming a joke, the link you provided is relevant to air guns (you think this is about airguns?), i'll try and spell this out live round (bullet firing, centrefire or rim if you like) pistols, or shot pistols though not used in competition can no longer by law be owned or fired in the UK (there's a specific exemption) this includes the precharged brockock pistols that were banned about 5 years ago, i had to hand my Navy colt sheriff into the police with no compensation, there's little info on the net covering these issues and some knowledge on the subject is required before proper debate can be had.

Admit you have no knowledge of guns (i do) because the facts aren't always available on the net, it also takes a degree of understanding to interpret the facts.

You don't even know how to protect the freedoms you have right now and yesterday. The right to own guns? please tell me what does that do for you? If it's to protect yourself ? if so than it has failed, if it's to keep a corrupt government at bay, than you have failed, if it's to prorect your family than it has failed....

If it's to somehow make up for a "short' manhood well than it has succeeded. I feel more a man not having a gun than having to have a right to blow someone away, get it blow someone...... Guys and guns, why don't you just go and get a dick enlargment.... than everything will be ok.....

I live in the U.S. and I'm not afraid of that. So you're either paranoid or your claim is baseless.

Can't you debate without resorting to ad hominem attacks like red-necks and morons? It's not really a sign of intelligence. It's really just a sign of -- well, being a moron.

I guess a sign of intelligence is the right to own a gun :wacko: Moron !!!!

Edited by The Silver Thong

You don't even know how to protect the freedoms you have right now and yesterday. The right to own guns? please tell me what does that do for you? If it's to protect yourself ? if so than it has failed, if it's to keep a corrupt government at bay, than you have failed, if it's to prorect your family than it has failed....

If it's to somehow make up for a "short' manhood well than it has succeeded. I feel more a man not having a gun than having to have a right to blow someone away, get it blow someone...... Guys and guns, why don't you just go and get a dick enlargment.... than everything will be ok.....

LOL, Interesting point, Thong.

I personally think we have failed at keeping the government from becoming corrupt - or at least taking the first few steps down a slippery slope...

Either way, I do wish people like wgolly would stop using arguments like these, as though this is the biggest human rights violation this country's ever committed... It's really kind of a smack to the face of all those who are currently facing real injustices, and that's pretty insulting...

Edited by Drego

LOL, Interesting point, Thong.

I personally think we have failed at keeping the government from becoming corrupt - or at least taking the first few steps down a slippery slope...

Either way, I do wish people like wgolly would stop using arguments like these, as though this is the biggest human rights violation this country's ever committed... It's really kind of a smack to the face of all those who are currently facing real injustices, and that's pretty insulting...

Right on :tu:

You can see that this BS about the second amendment is not really a violation of rights, but a privilege that some think they deserve. It's like watching a 5 year old on x-mas morning not getting what they want. It's almost embarrassing to watch LOL

I guess a sign of intelligence is the right to own a gun :wacko: Moron !!!!

Grow up. I never said that so basically you just used an ad hominem attack plus a straw man. Real intelligent!!

Grow up. I never said that so basically you just used an ad hominem attack plus a straw man. Real intelligent!!

:lol: you just did the same thing............

I have an opinion and I can voice it.... Straw man now thats funny as any opinion on that giving morons a right to own guns isn't. Why do you think complete morons, idiots, inbreed freaks and people who want to feel tough the right to own guns with out first checking to see if they are any of the above. Not saying a responsable owner such as Dick Cheney shouldn't own a gun. WTF is with that he has Nukes !

A nation such as the U.S. and it's 2nd amendment Ha Ha, I would hope that such an admendment would not allow morons to own such weapons. If you feel any moron can own a gun good for you, I'm glad I don't live there..... as does most of the western world. Now it's time for you and your country to grow up !!!!

Turnabout is fair play!

I have an opinion and I can voice it.... Straw man now thats funny as any opinion on that giving morons a right to own guns isn't. Why do you think complete morons, idiots, inbreed freaks and people who want to feel tough the right to own guns with out first checking to see if they are any of the above. Not saying a responsable owner such as Dick Cheney shouldn't own a gun. WTF is with that he has Nukes !

A nation such as the U.S. and it's 2nd amendment Ha Ha, I would hope that such an admendment would not allow morons to own such weapons. If you feel any moron can own a gun good for you, I'm glad I don't live there..... as does most of the western world. Now it's time for you and your country to grow up !!!!

I didn't say you can't voice your opinion. I'm not a moderator. But there really is no I.Q. test for gun ownership. If you think that means nobody should be allowed to own one, then I really don't know what to say about that. You have a right to your opinion. All I can say is it's better for a few morons to get their hands on a gun than for a whole nation to fall under a despotic and oppressive government that they can never get out from under. The idea of that happening is just too horrific and people here in the U.S. don't want to ever let that happen. A lot of us would rather die fighting. As to telling us to grow up, that's what I've been saying for a couple of pages here. I don't disagree with you.

There are many aspects of living in America that I hate like, for example, the abundance of high-profile idiots and religious fundamentalists who have basically evolved (or intelligently designed, if they perfer,) into big, bloated sacs of hate like, for instance, the late Jerry Falwell.

However, It does annoy me when people lump all americans into a big, stupid, over-religious "melting pot," if you will. It really saddens me that this is how the rest of the world sees us. Something has to be done, but I don't believe either making all guns illegal or giving firearms to every "red-blooded" american is the answer.

Is it just me or is it just the United States of America...... Of all the western nations only the U.S. allows guns to be sold to mental midgets... Not really a good plan since most morons who whine about the second amendment don't even know what that means. It's not a right to go and buy automatic weapons or walk around with a 9 mm in the armpit. The funny thing is the closest Americans come to understanding the metric system is because they carry a 9mm. ( that means it's 1 mm from being a centimeter ) LOL.

The right to bare arms is to protect yourself from your own government nothing more nothing less. The argument that guns reduce crime is a fallacy created by ignorant morons such as Charlton Heston. America grow up !!!!! the man in the closet is a creation of your own desighn..... Quit jumping at your own shadows for f sake....

Right on :tu:

You can see that this BS about the second amendment is not really a violation of rights, but a privilege that some think they deserve. It's like watching a 5 year old on x-mas morning not getting what they want. It's almost embarrassing to watch LOL

If it was the right to gather and right to free speech that the "mental midgets" were having taken from them there would be holy heck being raised. Can you imagine needing a licence to gather with your friends for a camping event, or requiring everyone that attends a pro-whatever rally to register their names and addresses. Or, requiring everyone on this site to use their real name and real address before they could post a single thing.

It is not so funny when you compare what is proposed with guns with the other freedoms of the Bill of Rights.

What if there was a waiting period for smarmy comments or there was a background check before you could go to a wedding? Sound crazy? Well that is the kind of Control State that we are heading toward. You can nay-say if you like, but it is on the way, unless other politicians put themselves forward and say no.

I can prove that there are groups of people all over the US armed to the teeth ready to rumble at any time if you wish due to paranoia of government. You should also be afraid of all the guns available on the streets to gangs... Maybe you should be scared about all your easily available guns being shipped to Mexico as well.

Groups like the Montana Militia come to mind who grow in numbers all the time and are extremely well armed.

I can debate without calling morons well morons... Thing is there is really no debate here it's a new age and the people who wrote the 2nd never foreseen the future. Gun control as I said is the most sensible approach to still allow responsible people to guns and in turn keep them out of the hands of the morons.

Anyone who does not support gun control is in fact a moron.

If I said people who don't support gun control aren't thinking very smart you would have never replied with what you did.... Your just angry over my choice of words and that's your problem not mine.

I can prove that there are groups of people all over the US armed to the teeth ready to rumble at any time if you wish due to paranoia of government. You should also be afraid of all the guns available on the streets to gangs... Maybe you should be scared about all your easily available guns being shipped to Mexico as well.

Groups like the Montana Militia come to mind who grow in numbers all the time and are extremely well armed.

I don't doubt that there are people "ready to rumble". Isn't that the point? The government's ready to rumble too. So what? Let's get ready to rumble.

I have no problem with the regulation of illegal firearms. They are illegal after all.

I can debate without calling morons well morons... Thing is there is really no debate here it's a new age and the people who wrote the 2nd never foreseen the future. Gun control as I said is the most sensible approach to still allow responsible people to guns and in turn keep them out of the hands of the morons.

Anyone who does not support gun control is in fact a moron.

If I said people who don't support gun control aren't thinking very smart you would have never replied with what you did.... Your just angry over my choice of words and that's your problem not mine.

I wasn't angry over your choice of words because I am neither a redneck or a moron. I was trying to help you from looking ignorant and making an *** out of yourself in the future. But if you want to carry the torch of ignorance and bigotry that's your burden, not mine.

I don't doubt that there are people "ready to rumble". Isn't that the point? The government's ready to rumble too. So what? Let's get ready to rumble.

I have no problem with the regulation of illegal firearms. They are illegal after all.

All firearms need to be regulated, and illegal firearms shouldn't even exist in public hands.

You cannot win freedom by force in a democratic republic... Collapse of federal governments via violent coup always leads to either complete collapse or fascist dictatorship.

I wasn't angry over your choice of words because I am neither a redneck or a moron. I was trying to help you from looking ignorant and making an *** out of yourself in the future. But if you want to carry the torch of ignorance and bigotry that's your burden, not mine.

I never stated anything that wasn't not true.... 99% of the people who fear gun control for no reason are rednecks and morons. Most of these people lack a good education and simply buy into paranoia induced fear preached by guys like Charlatan Heston for example. Only because they aren't smart enough to embrace new and needed change.

All firearms need to be regulated, and illegal firearms shouldn't even exist in public hands.

You cannot win freedom by force in a democratic republic... Collapse of federal governments via violent coup always leads to either complete collapse or fascist dictatorship.

Always? Is that some law you just made up? You can't predict the future. Who knows what is going to happen in the next 200 years? I'm not advocating a revolution at this point in time. Only when the democratic republic has already failed and ceases to be democratic and a government for the people and by the people. Only when it is in the people's best interest to do so to protect themselves. When the people have exhausted all other options and are able to unify in one cause and in one mind. When it becomes necessary to do so in self-defense for whatever reason the government becomes a domestic enemy against the people. A lot of things can happen and we just have to take a wait and see approach.

I never stated anything that wasn't not true.... 99% of the people who fear gun control for no reason are rednecks and morons. Most of these people lack a good education and simply buy into paranoia induced fear preached by guys like Charlatan Heston for example. Only because they aren't smart enough to embrace new and needed change.

78.6% of statistics are made up out of thin air. Did you know that? Anyway, I'm not going to argue a point about who is or isn't a redneck or a moron. I think I've made my point about that.

Always? Is that some law you just made up? You can't predict the future. Who knows what is going to happen in the next 200 years? I'm not advocating a revolution at this point in time. Only when the democratic republic has already failed and ceases to be democratic and a government for the people and by the people. Only when it is in the people's best interest to do so to protect themselves. When the people have exhausted all other options and are able to unify in one cause and in one mind. When it becomes necessary to do so in self-defense for whatever reason the government becomes a domestic enemy against the people. A lot of things can happen and we just have to take a wait and see approach.

78.6% of statistics are made up out of thin air. Did you know that? Anyway, I'm not going to argue a point about who is or isn't a redneck or a moron. I think I've made my point about that.

:lol::P

If it was the right to gather and right to free speech that the "mental midgets" were having taken from them there would be holy heck being raised. Can you imagine needing a licence to gather with your friends for a camping event, or requiring everyone that attends a pro-whatever rally to register their names and addresses. Or, requiring everyone on this site to use their real name and real address before they could post a single thing.

It is not so funny when you compare what is proposed with guns with the other freedoms of the Bill of Rights.

What if there was a waiting period for smarmy comments or there was a background check before you could go to a wedding? Sound crazy? Well that is the kind of Control State that we are heading toward. You can nay-say if you like, but it is on the way, unless other politicians put themselves forward and say no.

Can a person go postal, take their freedom of speech to a school and murder 30 children?

Can a person flip, take their right to gather out of the cupboard and murder their family with it?

Comparing gun ownership to freedoms of right is one of the most infantile arguments I've heard. As S.T. said, like watching a 5-year old on Christmas morning throw a tantrum because they didn't get the G.I. Joe replica M-16 with real bayonet.

Is it just me or is it just the United States of America...... Of all the western nations only the U.S. allows guns to be sold to mental midgets... Not really a good plan since most morons who whine about the second amendment don't even know what that means. It's not a right to go and buy automatic weapons or walk around with a 9 mm in the armpit. The funny thing is the closest Americans come to understanding the metric system is because they carry a 9mm. ( that means it's 1 mm from being a centimeter ) LOL.

The right to bare arms is to protect yourself from your own government nothing more nothing less. The argument that guns reduce crime is a fallacy created by ignorant morons such as Charlton Heston. America grow up !!!!! the man in the closet is a creation of your own desighn..... Quit jumping at your own shadows for f sake....

Then why where guns have been made illegal has crime doubled or tripled.

Edited by danielost

you protect your freedom by voting out the idiots who try to pass laws doing away with them.

the right to bear arms is not to keep the government at bay it is to make the government think twice before coming into your home. If the right to bear arms were taken away would the police need a warrant to search your property not really. Who wants to get rid of the guns the government who think we need a police state. Yes the USA has the most law enforcement on the planet but they still cannot just walk into anyones home and arrest them like the can in Cuba. Although with the homeland security garbage they are close to it.

Can a person go postal, take their freedom of speech to a school and murder 30 children?

Can a person flip, take their right to gather out of the cupboard and murder their family with it?

Comparing gun ownership to freedoms of right is one of the most infantile arguments I've heard. As S.T. said, like watching a 5-year old on Christmas morning throw a tantrum because they didn't get the G.I. Joe replica M-16 with real bayonet.

Gun ownership must have been important to the founding fathers it is second on the list. behind freedom of speach and freedom of the press.

I don't think anyone got the real jest of this video. It means that if said person cannot be prosecuted for what ever reason. He/she can be deported to say Mexico where they can be. That for anyone of you that don't know what that means it means double jeopardy made legal.

You do realize that firearms are regulated and that doesn't keep them out of the hands of criminals? And do you also realize, that in America, the wildlife has not been completely decimated, like it has in some countries, therefor guns are a necessity? Some countries weren't smart enough to try and maintain the balance of their ecosystem before it was too late.