Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

if a demon is stalking you, what do you do?

xxindigochildxx

Lay off the mushrooms.

I don't know about that, Smeagol. That's asking a helluva lot, you know. . . :)

Exactly. And not only "drive-by" but ridiculous.

next time they drive by duck so you don't get shot with the post

btw the 666 is not demonic

Revelation 13-18: "This calls for wisdom - let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six"

the ancient Greek alphabet was also represented by numbers, the number is a code. When translated from Greek the name is Nero, which (surprise surprise) was also the period of Roman History in which it was authored. Greek was still a widely spoken language in the Middle East at the time, lest we forget that even the inscription above Jesus' crucifix was in Latin, Hebrew and Greek.

Famously the fire of Rome was blamed on the city's Christian population who were made scapegoats and persecuted. The book of revelations is an anti-roman pamphlet written in code to hide its overtness.

All this 666 nonsense is purely in your head.

Edited by Syntax

Or it could be "oren", 666 spelled backwards loL

Thats not very uplifting nor is it a very kind response to the OP. :hmm:

You want "uplifting," go to a freaking church. The self-deluded A-holes there will tell you whatever makes you feel good about yourself. They're also the ones who have a vested interest in promulgating a belief in "demons" (and "angels" and "God"). As for my supposed lack of kindness, as an American, I reserve the right to bestow my kindness however I see fit. If how I do so offends you, tough. You use your freedom the way you see fit, and I'll do the same.

God! Thank whoever is up there your not a counselor...

"hmm I see and how do you feel about that?"

"Hmm well here's what you need to do, kill yourself"

"There problem solved, that will be $150 thanks"

And God help anybody who listens to you! Don't try to foist your useless ideology off on me, Moon Minion. If you don't like my posts, fine. I'm entitled to them, jsut as you're entitled to yours. If you want a war of words, however, I'm always game, since I know that what I say upsets you, while anything you might say will just make me laugh.

If you haven't noticed, the OP was a "drive-by" liar.

And, by the way, I did not tell the OP to kill himself, I told him to tell his screwed-up friend to kill HIMself. And I still maintain that one honorable suicide is preferable to mass murder. If you do not, that's your problem, not mine.

That's quite enough. This thread is not going to get any better with remarks such as the above. Those type of comments will only end up closing the thread down and warnings being issued.

I am going to keep this thread open for now and give the OP a chance to return yet. Can members please discuss the topic and keep the posts constructive.

Thank you.

And God help anybody who listens to you! Don't try to foist your useless ideology off on me, Moon Minion. If you don't like my posts, fine. I'm entitled to them, jsut as you're entitled to yours. If you want a war of words, however, I'm always game, since I know that what I say upsets you, while anything you might say will just make me laugh.

If you haven't noticed, the OP was a "drive-by" liar.

And, by the way, I did not tell the OP to kill himself, I told him to tell his screwed-up friend to kill HIMself. And I still maintain that one honorable suicide is preferable to mass murder. If you do not, that's your problem, not mine.

*Ouch*

I was just having a joke with you mate...sorry if I upset you. :hmm:

But in any given case, no, I wouldn't tell someone to kill them self, I wouldn't feel right about it, my opinion.

Edited by Moon Minion

Hmm, if a demon was stalking me I would wait about 5 years until I had grown up. By then it would have mysteriously disappeared.

:tu:

Get a restraining order. Duh.

*sits back and waits to hear just who Jack the Ripper was*

Get a restraining order. Duh.

*sits back and waits to hear just who Jack the Ripper was*

A restraining order from the demon? Where do you get them? :huh:

When I first joined this fourm, a little while ago there was very little talk (from what I've seen) of Demons. Suddendly, there are lots of posts popping up about them and many posters are declaring them evil and dark. This could create fear and a biased view of demons. I'd like to try to look at them another way:

Demons, are other conquered countries christianized nature divinities. They were 'demonized' to stamp out idolatry. In all ancient myths/religons/faiths there are hierachies within the pantheon, but, they all came into being from the same source, from the chaos, the yawning void...

They take their places within the upper and lower pantheons because of their nature and each in its own turn, serves its purpose to the greater good of both the upper and lower worlds (Heaven/Earth/Hell), they are 'wheels within wheels'.

If gaurdian 'angels'. (or upper divinties) exist that guide and nuture and protect us, it stands to reason that that there are divinities that pleasure in chaos and all things deemed sinful and immoral.

Here there is a balance that is found in all things.

So, how can you call a 'demon' evil, if it is serving its divine purpose? If we are given both a 'gaurdian angel' and 'gaurdian demon' the one we look to most, will be the one to hold precense within you.

If demons exist for real, in a dimension/reality close to ours, what you nurture darkly in your deep down nature; will be what draws this 'evi'l into power around you. You will have invited them/it in so to speak. Your spirit has sunken to the lower self and into the hands of the divitinties to whom the nature of your spirit is tasked to.

From strife and darkness comes strength and life experience, which helps the spirit to grow, so the 'demon' has served a divine purpose. That is, small attainments of wisdom. The wheel has turned and once again retuned you to the top of the wheel, into the hands of the lighter divinties, when you become complacent in life, they'll pogress you towards the bottom again.

This is a cycle that you cannot escape, whether you regard them at all as they do you. It is all one and all.

From an anylitical point of view.

If demons/angels do not exist and they are from the roots of our ancient awe of our world and lands, built into belief structures which people follow with faith. The the belief in them is what gives them their unseen physicality. This still gives 'them' power psychologically.

So any rituals used to banish them, I'd actually say yes to doing.

Because any steps made to banish a demon (whether real or psychological/anthropical?) is a good step towards clearing the way for positive change. I believe we haunt ourselves; and if divinties exist and we feed them, wether they are darkness or light, it is because we are meant to. If they do not exist, then they are externalized anthropamorphized extensions of us.

They are our inner and outer natures expressed humanly. We cannot lean to one and ignore and misunderstand the other, because they are us, and from those ideas/beliefs we grow or fall.

Once you gain self and social awareness, small pockets of wisdom; and grow as a 'self' the darknesses slowly diminishes. Basically growing into life. Your 'demons' are gone.

Their purpose served. If you're weak willed or beaten down or in strife and continue to be 'haunted' 'possesed' it is because the wisdom or life lesson, has been ignored or misunderstood.

It can be called 'divine fate' or it can be called 'weakness' both are conjoined and have power over you.

So, to fear a demon is to fear yourself. What is there really to be scared of?

When I first joined this fourm, a little while ago there was very little talk (from what I've seen) of Demons. Suddendly, there are lots of posts popping up about them and many posters are declaring them evil and dark. This could create fear and a biased view of demons. I'd like to try to look at them another way:

The demon talks comes and goes in spurts, a few months back, every other thread was about 'demons' and people claiming this and that was 'demonic hauntings', there was tons of fear mongering going on. That and Ouija Boards were all the rave.

The demon talks comes and goes in spurts, a few months back, every other thread was about 'demons' and people claiming this and that was 'demonic hauntings', there was tons of fear mongering going on. That and Ouija Boards were all the rave.

Aaah! Okay, see....though I am a born worrier, when I was younger and having paranormal experiences, I listened to the wrong people. Took everything told to me about all things paranormal at naive face value. Some of these advisors were older and completly mad, but I didn't see it because I beleived. I sunk to a very deep place that I blamed on ghosts. I thought they were following me, because everywhere I went and lived paranromal events occurred. It was only when I started to learn for myself that I was able to banish the so called spirits that were haunting me.

When I read posts on here from panicked people I worry because I know what it is like to feel as though a huge force is upon you. Whether they exist or not, that huge feeling of force is there.

To a person who is feeling low and has a belief in the paranormal and especially demons they'll garner any responses to suit them, depending on how weak or strong they are will mean which opinon they'll adher to. For the negative, this is bad. The reasons for other posters creating fear is their own, and sad. I don't understand it and think it may come from misunderstanding.

My advise I guess to anyone, is to really know your subject first before you start posting in forums or asking questions...I have been studying psychology and mythology (and others) for three years. I felt comfertable coming on here because I made myself well read, and had formed my own opinions.

This way, fear cannot be created, only further debate.

;)

Now, now.. Lady Ma'at. Don't you go throwing common sense around like that. Tsk.. tsk.. for shame. First don't you know that school is almost out? We'll be hip deep in demonic doings in little to no time. LOL!

Superman is right a few months ago you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a thread on either Quija (pet peeve for the wrong spelling) boards or 'demonics' (using demonic for demon is also a pet peeve). My favorites were when the poster would blend the two in a title that might read something like- "i played with a Quija board and now I got a demonic in my cookie jar". I was always hoping for a title "Hooked on Demonics" but unfortunately it never materialized.

Seriously, I do understand what you're saying in your posts and for the most part agree. Yet sometimes experience makes the best teacher.

Regards,

Mabon.

• 4 years later...

I sincerely hope that the situation with the friend ended well, whether he needed religious council or professional. I personally stumbled across this topic researching the subject of being stalked by a spiritual presence. Maybe my personal story can be helpful to someone in a similar situation...

About five years ago, I was in a very bad place emotionally and spiritually. I was in the middle of college and started battled severe bouts of depression about every six months, and soon this presence started appearing in my dreams. Eventually I flunked out.

And I am not talking about feeling kind of sad. I am talking about feeling physical ill; I could barely move around the apartment, was terrified to go anywhere, and I was plagued with every bad feeling over my lifetime thrown back at me in excrutiating detail. When Alice (an older teenage girl, around 19, blond hair and pale skin, she always wore a red hoodie) started bothering me when I was awake, I would feel extreme anger and emotional pain... there were urges to do things not like myself. I often felt like something was beating me down and just pushing.... pushing.

Of course, at that time I was in a very vulnerable and confused place. I was weak, and that was when this thing first appeared.

I have moved many times since then. She has followed me everywhere, but when I got to a more stable environment I was able to battle these feelings of depression and push her out of my mind. But I wasn't able to push her out of my dreams. I don't think I ever prayed for God to make her disappear... but for a long time too, I wasn't sure whether it was stress, mental instability, or something spiritual. Now she wasn't always telling me bad things. And so I also entertained the thought that she could be a spirit guide.

Maybe five months ago, I set out to answer that unsolved riddle. I got out my journal, emptied my mind, and attempted to talk to her...

Now the theory was similar to automatic writing or a ouiji board... write or vocalize a question, and let your hand write without thinking. At first I was just writing down the thoughts or impressions that popped into my head. I didn't really think it was working. Boy was I wrong.

After a few minutes, the answers were faster, more certain. I could still potentially be talking to myself, but then I started to feel rather peculiar. I felt weightless and my body seemed reluctant to move. My eyes were closed for this exercise and my eyelids began to feel like lead. And a common image from my dreams with Alice was an old wooden door. In the dreams she would ask me to open it and then she would show me something, usually unpleasant. Now, as I was sitting on the couch, writing, this image of a door popped into my head. And over and over, this thought that I had to open the door. This was obviously a thought imposed upon me. Every time I ignored it, the urge became stronger. When I finally got my eyes open, I realized I was facing a closet door next to the couch. My closet door looks nothing like the door from my dreams and there is nothing useful in there in the least. But every inch of my being was 100% positive that I HAD to open that closet door.

I instantly cut off communication. It took a few hours to feel normal again, but every time the door and Alice came to mind, I pushed the though away. I ignored her. The moment I stopped writing I said, out loud, that I would never talk to her again and that I wanted her to leave. I didn't specifically use God's name, even though I am a devout Christian. At that moment, I had realized that Alice wasn't some personal delusion, or even repressed aspects of my own self that I needed to accept. This thing was very much something outside of myself and I had let it in. It came when I was most vulnerable in my life. And since I didn't know what it was I allowed it back over and over.

Sometimes confronting a presence will anger it if you aren't equipped with some truth to disarm it. But usually if something or someone is telling you to do things or think things about yourself, you can confront it with truth. It took me a couple of years to learn the trip of walking myself through the negative thoughts and self-talk that came with paralyzing depression. But today, I haven't seen Alice in months because I saw her for what she is and decided she wasn't welcome.

That is my personal story, and I hope it is of help to someone. But it is always important to keep in mind that sometimes, something messing with your head could need medical rather than spiritual assistance.

Demons might be real, ufos, ghosts, heaven, hell.. who knows what actually exsists out there.. but what is real for sure is psychosis, people with it can be dangerous and need real help. My grandad worked in a mental hostpital in East sussex and he would tell me some scary stories about the kinds of people inside. Its definitely no joke.. the thing is that people in there may hear demon voices telling them to burn there families down to the ground, and who knows maybe they do but, it doesnt change the fact that the people in there need help and to be kept away from matches..

Warning to newbies.....

Check the dates of posts and replies before replying to them....

Some of us veterans still make this mistake.

You both replied to a 4 year old thread...The OP is long gone from this site...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

First off have the demon classified. If it is one, there are many types. Once the type has been classified then you get a priest and possibly a type of soul that is rather difficult to find if you don't recognize traits. The soul will need to be strong, have dealt with such spiteful beings before, and know the heck they are doing. So... Since most souls close to this have been only recently popping up I suggest going for two priests, a light worker, and sadly the affected.

Make sure your friend has never been involved with a summoning, or anything. His ancestors have little to do with it. And his birth date has absolutely no conflict of interest to a being that cares not for time. Have it done during Christmas or on Easter. These days are when everything has to simmer under a cover do to truces.

Have the affected person line every thing where they live with salt. All enteryways, walls, beds, you name it. Everything. Oh, and for a last resort have a ounce of holy water injected or injested every two to three weeks. Becoming religious will help. But only if it following the bible or Quarun.

Have a exorcism preformed. And make sure the person never rambles in Latin or says any name of distraught powess again.

• 1 year later...

Why must you ask what you know in your heart must be done? Fear no one  but God, Muhammed or whomever you call your GoD.  If he is almighty he will protect you...there is no one you should fear more or love more than your GOD and NEVER fear anyone or anything else as its beneath you! How dare you even consider the factor, you are a child of GOD and nothing can penitrate the blood of Jesus so pray it upon your home, your heart and your soul and watch any and all dark souls cower in its wake......Rise above and pity the lost, pray for them yet never allow them to fade your funk...xoxoJ