Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ghost Hunters Hoax - Real or Not?

JC De La Torre

"Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you" is quite the implication.

It seems to me it was directed to me since you included my quote in your post dear you were speaking to me ;)

Edited by cool_details

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• cool_details

• Blueguardian

• Purple Pisces

It seems to me it was since you included my quote in your post dear you were speaking to me ;)

...I was?

You're not making any sense.

post 21..dear

Allow me to illustrate the process of a discussion forum.

1. You post.

2. I reply.

You posted, I replied, as I well can do.

When you say, "Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you," that does imply that you expect me not to reply to something that isn't addressed to me.

End.

Allow me to illustrate the process of a discussion forum.

1. You post.

2. I reply.

You posted, I replied, as I well can do.

When you say, "Well since I was not quoting you, nor was my comment directed at you," that does imply that you expect me not to reply to something that isn't addressed to me.

End.

Never said it did , did I dear? but thank you for the rundown procedure you so tactfully illustrate here, that was well...very nice of you :rolleyes:

Also please check out my husband's radio show www.strangefrequencies.com. His show is every Sunday night. He and his partner (I forget his partner's name - some bum he picked off the street) have AMAZING guests every weekend such as Loyd Aeurbach and also sceptics and so many more I cannot even think straight right now! So again, welcome!!!

Haha, aww...my lovely wife promoting my show. Thank you, my dear. http://www.strangefrequenciesradio.com

And my partner's name is Bobby. I swear, he didn't come from the street. He lives in a house and everything!

Wow, you two just wasted an entire page on that...lol

I cant believe you wasted an entire post on this ...lol

and actually she originally quoted me in post 18 not 21 and this is what precipitated the crash course in forum etiquette from "Squeaky" Fromme :rolleyes:

I think that nearly all of the ghosthunter episodes have been real, with no faking of the evidence. Sadly, after watching numerous analysis posted on youtube, it really does appear that the tuggin was a hoax, and maybe even the voice that so clearly repeats "you're not supposed to be here'. I think Jason and Grant were pressured by the producers to do this, and it really does appear that Jason deeply resents it. You can't blame them for going along with it because their lucrative contracts are on the line, especially considering that they both have families to provide for.

I think that nearly all of the ghosthunter episodes have been real, with no faking of the evidence. Sadly, after watching numerous analysis posted on youtube, it really does appear that the tuggin was a hoax, and maybe even the voice that so clearly repeats "you're not supposed to be here'. I think Jason and Grant were pressured by the producers to do this, and it really does appear that Jason deeply resents it. You can't blame them for going along with it because their lucrative contracts are on the line, especially considering that they both have families to provide for.

My opinion on a Youtube analysis is, just about anyone can split up a clip in Windows Movie Maker, add text, and call it an "analysis". I haven't seen an analysis of the tug done by anyone respectable in the paranormal field. That doesn't mean I think it's real, but I don't exactly put a lot of stock in Youtube, either. But, agreed. Contracts. I think when they signed up they had the team in mind, and planned to use the money they'd get from the show to benefit the group and their families. When they moved out of the mobile home and into a much more professional location, that was all too obvious. All of the new equipment and seminars they have now, is equally obvious. The money went to good use, up until recently.

Wow, you two just wasted an entire page on that...lol

I was just thinking the same thing. Amazing.

How many people would watch that? Investigations are boring as hell, no one wants to see that side of them.

Still beats faking evidence.

I would rather have nothing at all then fake evidence. It doesn't do believers any good and it makes the show untrustworthy.

Edited by Blueguardian

I would rather have nothing at all then fake evidence. It doesn't do believers any good and it makes the show untrustworthy.

That's true, but when it comes to the show, the producers want what's best for it. If it turned out that no one watched the shows where there was no evidence, then you need to show episodes that do have something in them. People really don't like watching nothing, they watch it for the excitement, the thrills, and the "what's that!"s--when nothing comes out of it they lose faith in what they're watching, and steadily let it go.

Doesn't matter who you quoted or who the post was directed at, it's a discussion forum, so I can reply. :tu:

But it is impolite and immature to form an opinion of some person based on a TV show they do. You have to separate television from reality, and if you're incapable of doing that then you can expect people to lose respect for you due to that inability.

When a television show is based on reality and it fakes things, I think we have a right to form an opinion on it, I don't really care if the producers want more viewers it doesn't give them the right to fake things, I think the producers need to learn that they have to pay attention to how the viewers are reacting to these fakes. Which just isn't good enough in my opinion.

And besides the forums aren't here to lose respect for other people on the forum, its for people to discuss things, it's got nothing to do losing respect for one another, disagreeing on an opinion is fine, but as far as respect levels go we should all respect one another equally.

Cheers :tu:

That's true, but when it comes to the show, the producers want what's best for it. If it turned out that no one watched the shows where there was no evidence, then you need to show episodes that do have something in them. People really don't like watching nothing, they watch it for the excitement, the thrills, and the "what's that!"s--when nothing comes out of it they lose faith in what they're watching, and steadily let it go.

I see your point and the answer is obvious, get the shows off the air they are completely useless if the producers continue to pressure the crew to fake things.

Edited by Blueguardian

looks like there's a cat fight going on . lol :lol:

anyway, i believe the primary reason that a tv station would allow paranormal shows is because ratings.

Seriously, people won't watch it if there's nothing interesting to see or something spooky behind that closet.

So, you can't technically blame those ghost hunters to faking some of the stuff, maybe it wasn't their idea after all or maybe they need to do this so that the paranormal show on the TV would go on and henceforth, spreading the awareness of the supernatural.

When a television show is based on reality and it fakes things, I think we have a right to form an opinion on it, I don't really care if the producers want more viewers it doesn't give them the right to fake things, I think the producers need to learn that they have to pay attention to how the viewers are reacting to these fakes. Which just isn't good enough in my opinion.

And besides the forums aren't here to lose respect for other people on the forum, its for people to discuss things, it's got nothing to do losing respect for one another, disagreeing on an opinion is fine, but as far as respect levels go we should all respect one another equally.

Cheers :tu:

It does. :( Television is purely entertainment, and depending on your station and your contact, you can air just about anything as long as it follows that contract. Man Vs. Wild for example, isn't legit, despite it being aired on Discovery Channel. When night falls, the crew and host all go find a nice cozy hotel to set up in.

But, because there's so little tangible evidence to support the paranormal, it's truly not considered a reality by science. And because of that, they can do whatever they want, as long as they state it's for entertainment. Most Haunted is a prime example, Paranormal State is another. Any paranormal show is purely for entertainment, not to find things or to benefit the field. I think that's where a lot of people get confused, because GH is expected to be there to find ghosties to support the paranormal--when it's existence is there purely for the viewer's amusement.

I see your point and the answer is obvious, get the shows off the air they are completely useless if the producers continue to pressure the crew to fake things.

Sadly, producers aren't interested in what they're doing to the field. When TAPS signed on they became bound by contract, and faking things may well be a part of it. But, as long as ratings are good, the show's going to stay on. :( I'd say GH is one of the biggest--if not the biggest--program SciFi has going for them. It doesn't matter if the team has to fake things to them, because all they care about is ratings and getting that money and attention.

It does. :( Television is purely entertainment, and depending on your station and your contact, you can air just about anything as long as it follows that contract. Man Vs. Wild for example, isn't legit, despite it being aired on Discovery Channel. When night falls, the crew and host all go find a nice cozy hotel to set up in.

But, because there's so little tangible evidence to support the paranormal, it's truly not considered a reality by science. And because of that, they can do whatever they want, as long as they state it's for entertainment. Most Haunted is a prime example, Paranormal State is another. Any paranormal show is purely for entertainment, not to find things or to benefit the field. I think that's where a lot of people get confused, because GH is expected to be there to find ghosties to support the paranormal--when it's existence is there purely for the viewer's amusement.

Sadly, producers aren't interested in what they're doing to the field. When TAPS signed on they became bound by contract, and faking things may well be a part of it. But, as long as ratings are good, the show's going to stay on. :( I'd say GH is one of the biggest--if not the biggest--program SciFi has going for them. It doesn't matter if the team has to fake things to them, because all they care about is ratings and getting that money and attention.

We just can't win can we :(.

I couldn't agree more, what's the point on watching a fake ghost hunters show - might as well watch Scooby Doo.

Maybe I'm still in denial but I think they're legit, unlike Most Haunted, don't get me started on Most Haunted.

I think they do have a lot of investigations where they don't find any evidence, but the producers mostly choose to air the episodes in which they do find evidence.

I've noticed that they seem to break the show up into 2 parts. Where they will air 2 different cases, the first one they show won't really have any paranormal activity. It seems like they are having a real slow night. Then the next case they will have a great deal of activity.

Now, maybe this is done in order to make the show more credible I don't know. I just watched the repeat of the live halloween show the other night and I have to say that I immediately thought that the voices in the beginning of the show.. saying "you aren't suppose to be here" was fake. I had always thought the show was pretty credible or at least the most credible on TV, but those voices just seemed fake to me.

I spent dozens of posts on this topic before. All I can really say is once you sign on the dotted line, use your team name on the show, and call it reality...you don't have ANY excuse when you fake evidence.

Your fans can blame the contract, but you signed it. Your fans can say that your team and the show are two different things, but you used them in conjunction. And your fans can say it's "just for entertainment purposes" but its still called reality. This team signed their integrity over, that's the bottom line.

Funny how few had any of these excuses thought up until this once loved and admired team got caught red handed faking evidence. Once that happened, all of a sudden there's all these reasons why it's still ok to fake evidence just because it is YOUR favorite paranormal team on television.

Ive said this before, but I've got to say it again...I don't see many people defending Paranormal State, Most Haunted, Ghost Adventures etc on these same grounds. Can anyone explain why that is? Why it seems to be OK for one group to fake evidence because of "contracts" and all that but NOT OK for another group?

• 2 years later...

The Long Island Ghost Hunters have been exposed as fakes[and i use to love that show:(]. A family in an old house has decided to test if the GH was real or not. The house was not haunted. So one night the family called the police and said that there was a poltergist in their house throwing things around. The police went to check but found nothing out of ordinary until a little boy threw a pencil at a police officer. The police officer turned around but the little boy was already hiding. Then the police called the ghost hunters. They brought two physcics and a team of ghost hunters. They investigated the unhaunted house. The next day, The GH said that they had made contact with the "ghost." They said the two pyshics sensed the ghost was angry and was bound to the house by murdur. Thats when the family and company that sponsored the project of exposing the ghost hunters came and said the house was not haunted! Boy the GH was sued for frauds and disgraced. How sad. So as u see the GH is fake! :devil:

Real or not, People are watching, that is why they make them. It is your choice to watch, or yours to change the channel. I like the show for the locations, the history and the legends behind them. The hosts, I could care less.

The Long Island Ghost Hunters have been exposed as fakes[and i use to love that show:(]. A family in an old house has decided to test if the GH was real or not. The house was not haunted. So one night the family called the police and said that there was a poltergist in their house throwing things around. The police went to check but found nothing out of ordinary until a little boy threw a pencil at a police officer. The police officer turned around but the little boy was already hiding. Then the police called the ghost hunters. They brought two physcics and a team of ghost hunters. They investigated the unhaunted house. The next day, The GH said that they had made contact with the "ghost." They said the two pyshics sensed the ghost was angry and was bound to the house by murdur. Thats when the family and company that sponsored the project of exposing the ghost hunters came and said the house was not haunted! Boy the GH was sued for frauds and disgraced. How sad. So as u see the GH is fake! :devil:

that's hilarious. is there a source for this? if this story was true, it'd be pretty awesome!

If you go into a house that is supposedly haunted and sometimes nothing happens. Things like this are tricky and don't just do things on cue. Sometimes the things that happen are completely random and surprising and there is not one set way. If it is a true haunting you really don't need all the electronic things they have, just a camera and a sound recorder. They will do activity during the day and night.

Some of the places they investigated do Look very creepy and as a show, they have to move things along. All of it is edited and ghosts or noises don't necessarily do things on cue, so further investigation is needed. I can see why some of their evidence can be staged, but all?

When their show came out, I can relate to all the things that were happening. But as time got along, all the it touched me things or I swear I just saw it move, while the cameras is looking at them and not the event wears you down.

Edited by Spky777