Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunt for Atlantis Leads Researcher to Cyprus

MaNgO_gIrL_hErE

NICOSIA (Reuters) - A U.S. researcher who is convinced the fabled city of Atlantis is lurking in the watery deep off Cyprus will launch an exploratory mission this summer, he said on Monday.

"We believe our discovery will put Cyprus at the center of the world stage forever," Robert Sarmast told Reuters.

Sarmast said the east Mediterranean island is actually the pinnacle of the long-lost city and the rest of it is about one mile below sea level.

Full Story

This is realy exciting, I mean I've been living on this island my entire life w00t.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaNgO_gIrL_hErE

• debipatnaik

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well then as this is your country can you provide any details abouat any link of your country's history,old mythological descriptions, legends ,stories with the lost continent.There must be some. If it was such a developped nation/city/continent some remnants of it should have lingered at least in the memory of your people carried forwrd by the stories told to the generations next till this day.As you know the story of the great flood is to be found in all the reces accross all countries.This only confirms there was a great flood encompassing the hole earth.

Well I don't have much information cos I only heard about this very recently.The only thing that i can say is that we have a rather interesting custom called "kataklysmos" which is celebrated every year."kataklysmos" means flood.I have to wonder if this very old custom is somehow realted to atlantis as it is supposedly originating from the great flood...

There is a book by Robert Sarast called "The discovery of Atlantis" which is about the theory taht Cyprus is linked to atlantis. I'm very eager to read it...

However i found a few links that may provide more information

http://www.discoveryofatlantis.com/article...lcomecyprus.htm

http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/A...ntis_cyprus.htm

."kataklysmos" sounds like cataclysm in english meaning a disaster or flood.May be a very old word found its way into the dictionery.

Interesting topic though this Atlantis is. thank U for the links forwarded.I have been following this topic for a long time.Please post me anything new

regards