Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

May 25, 2009 - A global event.

They're Here

Well, this will change everything, or so the History Channel says. What could it be? I've been searching threads on the internet and theories range from the Missing Link to UFO disclosure, but nothing I've found really completely fits the content in the videos. Here are the two videos that supposedly aired on the History channel:

Advertisement 1

Possibly a third or it could be a mashup. I haven't seen anybody confirm this one yet.

What do you think it could be? Nobody seems to know for sure. If you go to History Channel TV guide nothing shows up at this time slot (May 25th at 9:00pm). Some people who have DirecTV have said that their TV guides say "To be announced." These are some very serious dates they mention, including the Challenger disaster, 9/11, and the moon landing. What could be as big or bigger than these?

Edited by They're Here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• They're Here

• ShadowSot

• MirrorImage

• Stormcrow

Just something I'd like to point out. In the second video people have confirmed seeing this on T.V. But I have yet to see anyone point out the typographical errors that could perhaps mean this video is a hoax. At :10 there is a space the 8 and 4 in 1984. Also there is no space between July and 11. There is also a missing comma after 11-12. I don't know what to think about that, but people have said they saw this video on the History channel.

I think the spaces after the 8s are related to the font, you can also see it at :07 with 1986. The others may well just be typos though, a lot of people make them and they are easily overlooked even after several viewings. xD I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

Edit: Def. watching though. I think it may be more in relation to the Angels and Demons release though, and with the NWO/Illuminati speculation and Obama, etc. I like the looks of it though, anything that's been hush-hush is usually pretty good.

Edited by Ebonykrow

I think the spaces after the 8s are related to the font, you can also see it at :07 with 1986. The others may well just be typos though, a lot of people make them and they are easily overlooked even after several viewings. xD I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

Like I said, a lot of people are reporting to have seen this video on T.V. So it's most likely legitimate. I just notice these typos and punctuation things all the time and it triggers alarm bells when I see it on YouTube. It usually means it's not a professional production with editors and such. But these things do slip through sometimes.

Edit: Def. watching though. I think it may be more in relation to the Angels and Demons release though, and with the NWO/Illuminati speculation and Obama, etc. I like the looks of it though, anything that's been hush-hush is usually pretty good.

Anything is possible but I hope it's not about that. What would that have to do with air and water? And how could that be the most important find in 47 million years? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Here is a link to the History Channel's page about this event.

I haven't heard anything else on the internet about this.

Some exaggeration, perhaps? I just hope it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Bet it's this:

http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=...mp;timeZone=EST

Can't see Youtube. Getting sick of this 2012 crap.

Only other thing I see is another "Life after People" episode.

Are you referring to the Mayan doomsday prophecy? That's at 8:00 and the mysterious program is on between 9:00 and 11:00.

Are you referring to the Mayan doomsday prophecy? That's at 8:00 and the mysterious program is on between 9:00 and 11:00.

Aye, but what time zone is it on at? One person's eight o'clock is another persons nine o'clock.

The last add says- "the biggest thing to happen in the last 47 million years"

Recent articles with "47 million years" in the topic include:

"Fossil Discovery Is Heralded

In what could prove to be a landmark discovery, a leading paleontologist said scientists have dug up the 47 million-year-old fossil of an ancient primate whose features suggest it could be the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes and humans"

Link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124235632936122739.html

Aye, but what time zone is it on at? One person's eight o'clock is another persons nine o'clock.

Good point about the Time Zone. But look at this link and you will see the Mayan show comes on at 8:00. According to this page that show is only 60 minutes long. The guide shows nothing else on until Life After People at 11:00. That leaves a 2 hour time slot which is missing from the guide.

There's a countdown clock that might be of some help in tracking down the time for your time zone.

Good point about the Time Zone. But look at this link and you will see the Mayan show comes on at 8:00. According to this page that show is only 60 minutes long. The guide shows nothing else on until Life After People at 11:00. That leaves a 2 hour time slot which is missing from the guide.

There's a countdown clock that might be of some help in tracking down the time for your time zone.

Ah. I Saw the time of the show, missed the comparison.

I think Glenboy22 has it.

Its a MARKETING PLOY to get you to be glued to your tv so the aliens at Hulu.com can suck your brains out for breakfast.

Actually I found some interesting thoughts about it on this site

http://www.lookupfellowship.com/2009/05/hi...obal-event.html

Edited by MirrorImage

I guess Glenboy22 is right. I think probably the second video is a hoax. Well done if it was, and good job having all those people confirming that they saw it on TV. <_<

According to this New York Times article:

As part of a heavily promoted publicity campaign, the skeleton will be displayed at a news conference on Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History in New York; the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book. The Wall Street Journal published an article on Friday giving some scientific details of the discovery.

I don't know what anybody else thinks, but I think that first and probably only legitimate video was a little over-hyped.

I remember reading about something like this the other day, I can't remember where though. Anyway, it was about how they think they've found the missing link between humans and other primates and that it was to be revealed by David Attenborough on TV.

I think that one was posted on the mainpage of this site mate.

All sounds very interesting, a previous mentioned website says that theres a press conference followed by a documentary on (your) History Channel.

Is it me, or this is all very 'Deception Point' in set up?

Awh. If it's just about the fossil that isn't going to be very fun. :[

Edited by Ebonykrow

Well, this will change everything, or so the History Channel says. What could it be? I've been searching threads on the internet and theories range from the Missing Link to UFO disclosure, but nothing I've found really completely fits the content in the videos. Here are the two videos that supposedly aired on the History channel:

Advertisement 1

Possibly a third or it could be a mashup. I haven't seen anybody confirm this one yet.

What do you think it could be? Nobody seems to know for sure. If you go to History Channel TV guide nothing shows up at this time slot (May 25th at 9:00pm). Some people who have DirecTV have said that their TV guides say "To be announced." These are some very serious dates they mention, including the Challenger disaster, 9/11, and the moon landing. What could be as big or bigger than these?

May 25, 2009 will be like any other day with the possibility of something major happening like any other day.

As an observer of Earth I can assure you nothing will happen.

Awh. If it's just about the fossil that isn't going to be very fun. :[

I think fossils are awesome.

And any fossil that helps us better understand our own origins will be just as awesome.

This'll probably be the first time I've turned on the History channel in almost a year.

I think fossils are awesome.

And any fossil that helps us better understand our own origins will be just as awesome.

This'll probably be the first time I've turned on the History channel in almost a year.

AS cool as this sounds, I honestly think I'll go fishing instead of watching. I trust some one here at UM will fill me in :)

I just hope that this secret isnt being over hyped, the History Channel has been running more and more (im my opinion) over hyped crud shows the last couple of years. I hope this isnt another lame "secrets revealed" show that really doesnt give any proof, just alot of "experts" giving opinions, but nothing conclusive.

I think that one was posted on the mainpage of this site mate.

All sounds very interesting, a previous mentioned website says that theres a press conference followed by a documentary on (your) History Channel.

Is it me, or this is all very 'Deception Point' in set up?

Sorry if it was already posted. I did several searches in the forum and nothing came up.

I bet they found fossilized human remains dating back millions of years.

AS cool as this sounds, I honestly think I'll go fishing instead of watching. I trust some one here at UM will fill me in :)

I just hope that this secret isnt being over hyped, the History Channel has been running more and more (im my opinion) over hyped crud shows the last couple of years. I hope this isnt another lame "secrets revealed" show that really doesnt give any proof, just alot of "experts" giving opinions, but nothing conclusive.

Like I said, I havn't turned on History for about a year.

More and more entertainment is overriding the actual history.

Hi everyone who has been reading this thread. I told you I'd be back if anything changed and I'm here to keep my promise. The same YouTuber who put out the second video just put out this one. I won't say any more. I'm sure you'll get the picture if you watch it.

Hey, TH

This got reported as "rick rolling," which it is, but it is also a valid response video within the YouTube ethos, and possibly an appropriate reaction to the original hype.

"Meta rick rolling" is permissible, I think.

Edited by eight bits
to clarify nature of the link after report