Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ABC Remake of the 80s miniseries "V" (merged)

GreytMuse

ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson says his network's remake of the 1980s miniseries "V" could consist of four seasons, planned in advance, each with 13-22 episodes each. The show is planned for midseason.

Below are two first-look previews and based on these, my hopes for the show are up. We've seen alien invasion stories so many times before, the challenge is to bring something new.

The second video in particular is a nicely done, tense scene, with Scott Wolf (and hey, he still looks like him) playing a journalist landing an interview with the alien leader (played by Brazilian actress Morena Baccarin).

linked-imageRead more...

(2 video clips within link)

Edited to add: I loved this mini-series back in the 80s -- I can't wait to see what they do with this!

Edited by GreytMuse

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• Funky Poacher

• D1CKY D1AMOND

• rassy

Morena Baccarin is so god-damned hot!! I'll watch it just to see her. And Alan Tudyk. Together. :D

V which I believe is the main inspiration for David Icke, has so much more potential the was ever realized in the 1980's.

I have high hopes for this new series just like I did for Galactica.... Please ABC don't **** it up.

Oh, I absolutely LOVED V!!! That makes me even more upset than usual that those vids on the link don't work for me.....internet can be so UNFAIR sometimes!! :passifier:

Oh, I absolutely LOVED V!!! That makes me even more upset than usual that those vids on the link don't work for me.....internet can be so UNFAIR sometimes!! :passifier:

Same here :( but damn I'm excited anyways. I loved that show and I had to beg and plead with my folks to let me watch it. We only had one t.v. as a kid and they hated it <_< Oh I can't wait !!! :yes:

I loved the show and had the comics. I still have a few issues somewhere. I am not as in admiration as my Canadian friend is in the choice of Morena Baccarin in the role of Diana. She was my least favorite character in Firefly. Summer Glau now ^_^

Edited by Rosewin

I loved the show and had the comics. I still have a few issues somewhere. I am not as in admiration as my Canadian friend is in the choice of Morena Baccarin in the role of Diana. She was my least favorite character in Firefly. Summer Glau now ^_^

Boooo on Glau... she's a good actress, but I think she's overrated. Or, rather, Baccarin is underrated... I am stunned by her beauty every time. And I'm a jealous woman... I usually hate gals who are so much prettier then me :P

In any case, I can see the physical similarities between her and Jane Badler, her casting makes sense in that way. I'm glad to see Baccarin has more work now.

Cool! I loved this V series back in the 80's and I had some of the books. I can't wait for this.

The fascist Reptilians are back. Look forward to it.

Jane Badler (Diana) from the original was BAAAAAD...

That biotchy bada-ss attitude, those tailor-made skin-tights with her custom-made classic peachy butt and perky little strut...

She always bought out the reptilian in me.

linked-image

Gods I feel old... When they start making remakes of things that came out when those of us who remember it were young...

Why the move? this thread is about a remake of an 80's fictional scifi series.

Is this the Thomas Pynchon (?) V? Did not know there ever was a series....

V is a science fiction franchise created by American writer, producer and director Kenneth Johnson about aliens known as "The Visitors" trying to take over Earth, and the human Resistance group attempting to stop them.

It debuted in 1983 as the two-part television miniseries V, written and directed by Johnson. It was followed in 1984 by a three-part miniseries, V: The Final Battle, and a one-hour weekly television series, V (sometimes referred to as V: The Series) during the 1984-85 television season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(science_fiction)

I also read that it is going to be written by, Scott Peters, the creator of The 4400 which was really good.