Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arizona UFO is 'weather balloon'

UM-Bot

Image credit: NASA
Image credit: NASA
An large flying orb sighted over Arizona this week and which sparked a number of UFO reports has turned out to be a NASA weather balloon it has been revealed. The 4000-pound balloon is used to measure gamma ray emissions.

"NASA officials say it wasn't an alien spacecraft people in Arizona and New Mexico spotted floating far above them in the clear blue sky, just a giant research balloon."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Yahoo! News

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• UM-Bot

• MedicTJ

• psyche101

I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any sense of the word. Not even close. But this "excuse" by NASA is laughable.

I'm sure it's a weather balloon. But saying it's a weather balloon to gather gamma ray data is ridiculous. We have TONS of satellites in orbit right now, and even the ones orbiting other planets, that can detect and record gamma rays.

It's ok if the balloons are being used for a classified project. I'm all for it.

But good lord, think up a better excuse than that!

Sheesh, they always have to be lying huh.

They have been measuring gamma rays like that for decades, here is a paper from 1968 describing the procedure.

LINK.

Why not a balloon? Not like it hasn't happened before.

Edited by psyche101

yay, a weather balloon. That's quite nostalgic. I expect they're probably going to tell us next they were using dummies to measure radiation, or something.

Why dont the idiots ever say they are testing BEFORE the "ufo" is seen? Im not saying I believe they lied or didnt lie, Im just saying, if they are infact testing they should say so BEFORE launching the thing.

This happened in Tucson,Az back in 1993. It was just little white dot up in the sky that didn't move. But with some binoculars you could see it well. It was one of those giant weather balloons with the tentacles hanging down. Kinda scary at first glance but you didn't need a PHD to figure out what it was. Are there any pictures of this one or did I miss it somewhere?

Edited by Wreck7

a giant weather balloon with tentacles? That sounds suspicious to me.