Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What best explains the UFO Phenomenon ?

Saru

What best explains the UFO Phenomenon ?

This will be a formal debate in which two members will debate for what they think best explains the UFO Phenomenon. The two participants will take it in turns to each make up to 5 posts in this thread to put their arguements across, aswell as an optional introductory opening paragraph and conclusion.

Participants are allowed to quote from their oponent to discuss points made by that person. Quoting from other sources is also permitted in moderation, as long a link/source reference is included. Using large amounts of quoted material however is not allowed.

Please also note that only the two participants of this debate and the debate organiser will be permitted to post to this thread while the debate is running. If anyone else posts to the thread, that post will be removed.

The two members who will be taking part in this debate are Diebytheflyguy and Faulkner.

Since this debate is a little different to a for and against debate, each participant will be allowed to decide which arguement they are going to put forward i.e, what it is that they think best explains UFOs. Each participant should make an introductory post stating what their arguement is going to be.

We tossed a coin to determine who will be first to post, and hence have the first pick of which side of the debate they'd like. Diebytheflyguy won the coin toss, and is therefore entitled to post and chose first.

Once the introductory posts have been made, the participants can take it in turns to post in the debate. An optional conclusion can also be posted right at the end. There is no set time limit for this debate, participants can take as long as they need for each post.

Thank you again to you both for taking part, and good luck. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Faulkner

• Diebytheflyguy

The best way to explain where UFOs come from is basic, simple and reasonable.

UFOs come from other species living in our vast universe. Just as humans explore the moon by sending a rocket (or UFO to other beings) into space, these other - non-human? crafts can be used for exploration, monitoring, intercepting or scientifically testing our human race.

Humans really are limited in their knowledge so it seems reasonable to believe that UFOs are "alien" crafts or probs (as we sent to mars)... nothing more, nothing less, nothing other than this.

That would be the best way to quickly explain one aspect of the UFO phenomenon in a few words I guess - providing, of course, that the rest of the congregation locked in the compound basement with you have already accepted UFOs as a fact of faith and need no real, tangible proof other than a quick review of a basic sci-fi script to base their beliefs upon...

I believe the UFO phenomenon can only be described as a multi-layered, extremely complex, and, alternately fascinating and terrifying unknown...and I would add that the "phenomenon" is not just the search for a final, definative answer to the question of are UFOs real? - - I believe to a certain extent, we're all like Mulder, we truly want to believe...But can we?

How many fake photos, crop circle landing sites, scoop-marks, previously repressed (but suddenly clear) abduction memories & alien star charts ceremoniously given in secret to these "chosen" people wearing tin-foil on their head can a universal mystery like this endure before even the faithful start losing hope and begin to feel like they've been had?

Mainstream science avoids the subject for these very reasons...Carl Sagan, the late astronomer, probably summed up the debate as succiently and wholly as it could be with his famous quote, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". To date, not I, nor you or anybody else on this earth has ever stepped forward with the all-encompassing, unadultered and substantial proof that the world needs to deliver it's final answer.

It is a mystery that is liable to remain unanswered until the end of our time on this earth.

Diebytheflyguy, you're up next.

Diebytheflyguy - check your watch...I think it needs winding. It's only stuck on 4:20 - c'mon!!

• 2 weeks later...

This debate is being closed down because it's been 18 days since DieByTheFlyGuy last appeared, and it doesn't look as though he's likely to continue.

Faulkner therefore wins by default, congratulations thumbsup.gif