Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon haunted

kilroy961

I'm not saying that I believe a priest will help, I think they're as useful as anybody. I'm simply saying that the mind plays tricks, If they believe they've been helped, they convince their mind to expel the demons. It's like when I was little and I got a cut on my finger and my mother said she'd kiss it better, I felt fine after, believed her words and stopped crying. That's a mild mild example of what I'm getting at, sometimes belief is such a powerful influence on the mind. It's just that, I have my doubts about doctors and psychologists too, they can be just as unhelpful.

you were a child.

does that work on you now? id hope not.

and anyone would be better than a priest, just because they are biased in this case, and then not that useful in my opinion. this person could (and should) talk to anyone. just to get it out, and realize its in their head. theres nothing that needs to be expelled.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• OldTimeRadio

• CausticGnostic

• Demonic Influence

you were a child.

does that work on you now? id hope not.

and anyone would be better than a priest, just because they are biased in this case, and then not that useful in my opinion. this person could (and should) talk to anyone. just to get it out, and realize its in their head. theres nothing that needs to be expelled.

Of coarse I don't believe it now :P lol

I was simply saying that belief can trick the mind. I agree a priest is not the answer, but some who commit a sin and confess to a priest and get forgiven feel better, which I assume is because they believe in the priests position in accordance with god.

A priest only has power when ones give it to him.

Of coarse I don't believe it now :P lol

I was simply saying that belief can trick the mind. I agree a priest is not the answer, but some who commit a sin and confess to a priest and get forgiven feel better, which I assume is because they believe in the priests position in accordance with god.

A priest only has power when ones give it to him.

i understand what you mean.

id just rather the person seek Real Help. to Keep the problem from reoccuring.

i understand what you mean.

id just rather the person seek Real Help. to Keep the problem from reoccuring.

Yes, I do agree.

Kilroy mate, if this is really happening the best thing to do how ever impossible it may seem is to try and ignore it.

Going mad and screaming at the demons is only going to make things worse. That's what they want, they want to break you. Going mental and getting angry with them will only make the occurances worse aswell.

Blessing the house can also make things bad, as it makes the demon or demons angry. Even exorcisms can triger this sometimes, yes they have been known to work, but they are not 100% certain.

Sorry, if this scares you in anyway, but do your best to try and ignore all of it. I know this is way more easier said than done, but try!!

Please remember don't get angry with them!

Kilroy mate, if this is really happening the best thing to do how ever impossible it may seem is to try and ignore it.

Going mad and screaming at the demons is only going to make things worse. That's what they want, they want to break you. Going mental and getting angry with them will only make the occurances worse aswell.

Blessing the house can also make things bad, as it makes the demon or demons angry. Even exorcisms can triger this sometimes, yes they have been known to work, but they are not 100% certain.

Sorry, if this scares you in anyway, but do your best to try and ignore all of it. I know this is way more easier said than done, but try!!

Please remember don't get angry with them!

sorry mate, but there are no demons. its all in their head.

i mean, they seem to think theyre a bad person because they 'stole psi energy' from people. really.

Well, whether he's tellling the truth or not I'm going to take him seriously just on the chance that he might be experiencing these things.

I've seen enough about this stuff (not that it's never happend to me, and my god I hope not) to convince me.

If you think this sort of stuff is a bunch of garbage why are you even on this forum?

Well, whether he's tellling the truth or not I'm going to take him seriously just on the chance that he might be experiencing these things.

I've seen enough about this stuff (not that it's never happend to me, and my god I hope not) to convince me.

If you think this sort of stuff is a bunch of garbage why are you even on this forum?

hmmm, probably on here because its a Discussion Forum. do you understand what that means exactly?

and i never said hes not telling the truth, so that doesnt mean theyre not seeing these things, IN their head. which they should get help with.

people only Assume it does.

Fine. My vote's with those uncounted millions of Assumers.

One of the things I've learned in this life is that majority votes aren't always wrong.

The problem with using causticity for causticity's sake is that objectivity gets entirely incinerated in the process.

And sarcasm used as a substitute for dialogue contains the bee's sting but without the bee's productivity.

kilroy, interesting name,

Do you know the origins of that name? or is it just something that you picked up along the way?

Just curious.

If I were having the symptoms or episodes that you've described, I would first go to my physician to rule out any physiological causes or illnesses, then I'd see a psychiatrist to rule out any psychiatric causes or illnesses, then and only then, would I would I delve into the realm of paranormal causes.

Not because I don't believe in the paranormal, but because I'd want to make sure that there was nothing physically or psychologically wrong with me first.

What you are describing sounds awfully familiar to me, and it has nothing to do with demons or the paranormal. I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to know what was causing these symptoms and I'd be happy to know that it was not only common, but easily treatable and that I could live the rest of my life without these symptoms and wouldn't need a token of protection given by a stranger on a paranormal forum after all.

Good luck to you kilroy! I wish you the best!

hmmm, probably on here because its a Discussion Forum. do you understand what that means exactly?

I think the question is why does an Absolute Disbeliever waste his precious time hanging around on a Paranormal forum with the likes of us? :)

The problem with using causticity for causticity's sake is that objectivity gets entirely incinerated in the process.

And sarcasm used as a substitute for dialogue contains the bee's sting but without the bee's productivity.

Gee, thanks for the metaphor. I'll bear that in mind in case I ever want to join the egalitarian hive-mind. And, how, exactly, is blathering on about demonic voices and demonic attacks "objective"? If demons were objectively real beings, there'd be some kind of verifiable evidence of their existence. But after millenia of this collective delusion, there isn't any verifiable evidence of their existence. "Demons" are an entirely subjective phenomena, just like "angels."

That doesn't mean they can't be discussed; but it does mean, in my opinion, that the referents in the discussions would be myths or legends, which is to say, fictions.

Edited by CausticGnostic

Yep, I agree. I'd go with everything else as a last resort.

What aboiut Jesus? Jesus is God. He can do anything. and his favorite thing.....save people from hell. that person is in hell. i dont care what you think. Demons dwell in hell. Some people say this place we are in now is hell. Jesus is the best way to go. I hear things. Nothing helps me, not even medicine. God helps me.

GB

Katy

^^^

That's a matter of opinion - but if it works for you - that's great. "Jesus" may not necessarily work for someone else.

Why would a percentage of u guy's assume this guy needs to see someone outside the religious circle i.e psyciatrist psycologist for that matter, if he honestly believes he is been sought after by a demon.. well why not just steer him towards a positive outlook..

<_< The dude needs to see a WHITE WITCH.. He or She would sought that ****ER of a demon out if it turns out hes rite.. no matter what any one else thinks.. there are humans out there whom experience these sort of traumers

<_<PYTHIA why would u call this a symptom are you insinuating that KILROY is mentally ill why should this guy go and sit in a psycs chair and tell the doc his story.. they'll put him away , no questions asked.. this is not a symptom, nor a disease

kilroy, interesting name,

Do you know the origins of that name? or is it just something that you picked up along the way?

Just curious.

If I were having the symptoms or episodes that you've described, I would first go to my physician to rule out any physiological causes or illnesses, then I'd see a psychiatrist to rule out any psychiatric causes or illnesses, then and only then, would I would I delve into the realm of paranormal causes.

Not because I don't believe in the paranormal, but because I'd want to make sure that there was nothing physically or psychologically wrong with me first.

What you are describing sounds awfully familiar to me, and it has nothing to do with demons or the paranormal. I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to know what was causing these symptoms and I'd be happy to know that it was not only common, but easily treatable and that I could live the rest of my life without these symptoms and wouldn't need a token of protection given by a stranger on a paranormal forum after all.

Good luck to you kilroy! I wish you the best!

KILROY.. just a quicky.. Can I ask..?? how do u steal PSI or CHI energy from ppl..?? i'm confused :huh:

ok, but i think the reason why they wont kill me if i get angry is cus they like evil guys. i dont wanna be classed evil. i have some sins from last summer (stole psi energies and stuff), and during that time i didnt got attacked cus i was classed evil, but now im trying to forgive myself and they're trying to kill me cus they dont like nice guys.

I think the question is why does an Absolute Disbeliever waste his precious time hanging around on a Paranormal forum with the likes of us? :)

Exactly!!

You know I've been here a day, and I can't believe how many sceptics are on here. They seem to outweigh the believers. I was hoping to have detailed and interesting discusions with people on here, yet all I can see is people telling others how mad they are.

Why would a percentage of u guy's assume this guy needs to see someone outside the religious circle i.e psyciatrist psycologist for that matter, if he honestly believes he is been sought after by a demon.. well why not just steer him towards a positive outlook..

<_< The dude needs to see a WHITE WITCH.. He or She would sought that ****ER of a demon out if it turns out hes rite.. no matter what any one else thinks.. there are humans out there whom experience these sort of traumers

Hello Tribez.

While you may not perceive going to a physician or a mental health care provider a positive outlook, it really can be. People often suffer from physical/mental illness that mimic paranormal activity/influences. If the problem is physical/mental their religious practitioner isn't qualified to address the true cause and may cause more needless suffering or damage. This isn't said to steer a person away from their chosen religious path but out of concern for their physical well being.

<_<PYTHIA why would u call this a symptom are you insinuating that KILROY is mentally ill why should this guy go and sit in a psycs chair and tell the doc his story.. they'll put him away , no questions asked.. this is not a symptom, nor a disease

There is no reason for anyone to fear doctors and your statement reinforces the belief that mental illness is worse than demons. This type of thinking hinders people from seeking professional help of qualified persons who know about the workings of the human mind and/or body.

Perhaps you mean well but I do take exception to the promotion of false information. Unless you are a doctor or otherwise qualified to know that what the OP is experiencing you can't make the claim that it isn't a symptom or disease. In case you didn't know, the Catholic Church recognizes that mental health issues sometimes mimic classic "paranormal activity" and insists upon mental and physical screening prior to exorcisms. Even they've come into the modern era.

Regards,

Mabon.

I had heard that if you become more evil than the spirit itself, it will leave. Might be kind of difficult making yourself angry to the point of seeing red, but I heard that was an alternate way to ward off possession if you're that strong of will, if demons are in fact real that is. Maybe something to do with them being unable to fully control someone when primal, non thinking instincts take over? I dunno.

This may sound too simplistic, but just thinking positive thoughts which generate positive energy, and speaking positively over and over again may work. One thing demons hate is anything positive.

....in my opinion....the referents in the discussions would be myths or legends, which is to say, fictions.

Myth and Legend have NEVER automatically equalled Fiction! The "Mythic Age" of ancient Egypt was a very real period. Of the dozens of legends concerning, say, Mark Twain some are false, some are true, while still others are unverified but likely to be true.

Hi, Tygra, and welcome to the festivities.

For my own self, I'm a Believer in the main who tries to maintain a certain level of reasonable skepticism (in the true sense of that word) for most individual reports and claims. That's the standard Fortean approach.

Sincerely,

Old Time Radio (George Wagner in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA)

What aboiut Jesus? Jesus is God. He can do anything. and his favorite thing.....save people from hell. that person is in hell. i dont care what you think. Demons dwell in hell. Some people say this place we are in now is hell. Jesus is the best way to go. I hear things. Nothing helps me, not even medicine. God helps me.

GB

Katy

I agree with you, people need to do what they think is best for themselves in this situation, if that's Jesus, so be it, if not, then they need to find their own way of handing what's going on. If they hurt themselves, or someone else, then help may need to be forced on them in ways via court order, etc. I also think seeing a counselor or talking to someone also wouldn't hurt. I believe if God is real, he gave us the ability to gain the knowledge required to help those in need.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Myth and Legend have NEVER automatically equalled Fiction! The "Mythic Age" of ancient Egypt was a very real period. Of the dozens of legends concerning, say, Mark Twain some are false, some are true, while still others are unverified but likely to be true.

The word "myth" comes from a Greek word that means "story," and the word "legend" derives from a Latin verb meaning "to gather, select, or read." It was Plato who first distinguished between 'myths" and "reality," although his objective was to invest his transcendent Forms with all reality and truth, while everything in the sensible world was relegated to being mere imperfect "copies" of the Forms.

Since the 18th century, the word "myth" has incrasingly been used as a synonym for "untrue" or "fictitious." From the late 19th century throughthe 20th, anthropologists, sociologists, and cultural critics analyzed myths and legends as "stories" that people of a culture told themselves to make sense of their world, albeit as myths and legends, no objective reality was attributed to the events and personages in those stories. In short, the conetmporary meaning of the word "myth" is a "fiction," and to say that something is "mythological" is to say that it is "fictitious." This is not to say that myths don't have symbolic meanings and psychological and moral values, but the myths themselves are no more "real" than allegories or parables.

By your over-generous definition of "myth," however, mythological characters like Zeus and Herakles, Isis and Horus, Odin and Thor--not to mention mythological "monsters" like the MInotaur, the Sphinx, and the MIdgard Serpent--are just as "real" as characters in any other story. I'll accept your definition, provided that it is also applied to mythological characters like Yahweh and Satan--and angels and demons--since they really are no more "real" than characters from Greek or Egyptian or Germanic mythology. That is, they are all fictions.