Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...ks-bottles.html

'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks bottles

Drink from plastic bottles can raise the body’s levels of a controversial ‘gender-bending’ chemical by more than two thirds, according to tests.

Experts have been concerned about the possible health effects of bisphenol A (BPA) - an everyday chemical used in many plastic food and drink containers and tins as well as clear baby bottles - which is officially classified as toxic in some countries.

A study found that participants who drank for a week from polycarbonate bottles showed a 69 per cent increase in their urine of BPA, which mimics the female sex hormone oestrogen.

im staying away from plastic from nows :passifier:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• WoIverine

• chemical-licker

• Siara

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I would be gayer then Boy George by now if that was true.

I'm glad beer comes in bottles and cans phew lol

Silly people wasting plastic... Get yourself a bpa free water bottle and a brita water filter system. Your tap water will taste fantastic, you'll save a ridiculous amount of money and you'll save the environment a bit. :tu:

OMG! maybe that could be why some women and men have a lack of testosterone, or an imbalance. After being put on it by my family doc, I've gained a ton of muscle mass and feel better than ever. Wow, who would've thought.

On the bottom of plastic bottles there will be what looks like a triangle with a number in the middle.

The higher the number the higher the content of bisphenol A (BPA) was added to the plastic.

The chemicals in the plastic have been discovered to release more of the deadly toxin by heating the bottle... microwave, sitting in the sun, dishwasher etc...

linked-image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code

There are seven classes of plastics used in packaging applications. Type 7 is the catch-all "other" class, and some type 7 plastics, such as polycarbonate (sometimes identified with the letters "PC" near the recycling symbol) and epoxy resins, are made from bisphenol A monomer.[4] When such plastics are exposed to hot liquids, bisphenol A leaches out 55 times faster than it does under normal conditions, at up to 32 ng/hour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A#I...ion_in_plastics

OMG! maybe that could be why some women and men have a lack of testosterone, or an imbalance. After being put on it by my family doc, I've gained a ton of muscle mass and feel better than ever. Wow, who would've thought.

Studies by the CDC found bisphenol A in the urine of 95% of adults sampled in 1988–1994[57] and in 93% of children and adults tested in 2003–04.[58] Infants fed with liquid formula are among the most exposed, and those fed formula from polycarbonate bottles can consume up to 13 micrograms of bisphenol A per kg of body weight per day (μg/kg/day; see table below).[59] The most sensitive animal studies show effects at much lower doses, while the EPA considers exposures up to 50 µg/kg/day to be safe.[34][60] In 2009, a study found that drinking from polycarbonate bottles increased urinary bisphenol A levels from 1.2 micrograms/gram creatine to 2 micrograms/gram creatine.[61] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A#H..._to_bisphenol_A

How long has this substance been included in plastics production? It seems (and correct me if I'm wrong) alot more people these days are becoming effeminate (males with female traits) or gay than in the past 25 years. I had read studies saying that homosexual and bisexual individuals have an elongated chromosome (where the unaffected have a normal sized chromosome) that determines sexual characteristics including the possibility of it also affecting preference. I have no idea if this is really the case or not, but I'm sure there has to be some unknown science on a chemical / genetic level that accounts for it.

How long has this substance been included in plastics production? It seems (and correct me if I'm wrong) alot more people these days are becoming effeminate (males with female traits) or gay than in the past 25 years. I had read studies saying that homosexual and bisexual individuals have an elongated chromosome (where the unaffected have a normal sized chromosome) that determines sexual characteristics including the possibility of it also affecting preference. I have no idea if this is really the case or not, but I'm sure there has to be some unknown science on a chemical / genetic level that accounts for it.

It kind of strengthens the widely accepted theory among gay and lesbian groups that sexuality not a choice but a trait many are born with.

Unfortunately, with the recent studies becoming public, bisphenol A just may be a leading contributer to "sexual choice".

But don't go blaming your parents for ignorantly drinking or feeding you liquids contaminated with bisphenol A.... its not their fault.

This is interesting too:

Some toxicologists and regulatory agencies have criticized low-dose toxicity studies, especially those that involved injecting bisphenol A directly into animals, since human exposures typically involve ingestion and subsequent metabolism in the liver, and the experimental design of a few of these early studies has also been questioned.[38][39] On the other hand, studies have also appeared pointing out flaws in chemical-industry-funded studies that found no evidence of adverse effects from low dose exposure,[40][11] and a study from 2008 concluded that blood levels of bisphenol A in neonatal mice are the same whether it is injected or ingested.[41] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A#Animal_studies

linked-image

Wow, I absolutely cannot believe it. I'm in shock, as a sufferer of low testosterone levels, being on testosterone replacement therapy has helped me tremendously. I feel more alive and better than ever, plus I've never looked better. My girlfriend is digging the changes in my musculature. Ive drank from plastics for all of my life, even when i was an infant. Who wouldve known that we couldve been harming ourselves all along. Wonder if we'll see some class action suits as a result of this. Thanks a bunch for posting that article man, anything to shed some light on what I've been through is a godsend. If anyone out there is reading this, if you're male, go to your doctor, get your testosterone level checked immediately! A normal testosterone level of the average male is 25, mine was 6. Replacement therapy has completely changed my life. I feel like a Spartan lately these days. It's the best feeling in the world.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Wow, I absolutely cannot believe it. I'm in shock, as a sufferer of low testosterone levels, being on testosterone replacement therapy has helped me tremendously. I feel more alive and better than ever, plus I've never looked better. My girlfriend is digging the changes in my musculature. Ive drank from plastics for all of my life, even when i was an infant. Who wouldve known that we couldve been harming ourselves all along. Wonder if we'll see some class action suits as a result of this. Thanks a bunch for posting that article man, anything to shed some light on what I've been through is a godsend.

And to think some mod put this in the back page section :rolleyes:

And to think some mod put this in the back page section : :

In 2009, a study found that drinking from polycarbonate bottles increased urinary bisphenol A levels from 1.2 micrograms/gram creatine to 2 micrograms/gram creatine.[61] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A#H..._to_bisphenol_A

Click LINK for study published in Environmental Health Perspectives(EHP):

Urinary Concentrations of Bisphenol A and 4-Nonylphenol in a Human Reference Population http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...p;artid=1278476

If anyone out there is reading this, if you're male, go to your doctor, get your testosterone level checked immediately! A normal testosterone level of the average male is 25, mine was 6. Replacement therapy has completely changed my life. I feel like a Spartan lately these days. It's the best feeling in the world.

If anyone out there is reading this, if you're male, go to your doctor, get your testosterone level checked immediately! A normal testosterone level of the average male is 25, mine was 6. Replacement therapy has completely changed my life. I feel like a Spartan lately these days. It's the best feeling in the world.

SSRI drugs, AKA anti-depressants(prozac) lowers testosterone levels to almost ZERO while the patient(user) is taking them.

Some fear this is Eugenics... because an increasing number of young males are put on them to quell their aggressive behavior not to mention the

millions of adults who are prescribed them by their doctor.

HENCE: the alarming RISE of Libedo Enhancers marketed today and pasted everywhere.

Note: the top 3 selling 'legal' drugs in america(not sure world-wide) ---not sure of the order so I'll list them alphabetically:

1.Anti-depressants

2.heart-blood drug

3.libedo enhancers

Yup, I've been on zoloft for 15 years. I'm now off of it, thank god. My girl is on prozac, and her testosterone level had been high prior to her taking them. Our sex life hasn't been as active as it once was when she was on a lower dose, but its still pretty good.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

You guys think an SNRI like effexor could cause the testosterone malfunction? I switched to that, if it does, i may try something else instead. Thanks for the info acidhead, you really know your stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effexor

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

On the bottom of plastic bottles there will be what looks like a triangle with a number in the middle.

The higher the number the higher the content of bisphenol A (BPA) was added to the plastic.

If it's a pink triangle- look out. Unless of course, you're into pink triangles. Nothing wrong with pink triangles.

SpIdErCyDe- Seriously speaking, I'm sure your doctor can test your various hormone levels with a blood sample. If you're seriously concerned why why get the actual info for your specific body chemistry? Every body is a little different. That's why medications work differently for different people. My understanding is that side effects for SSRI's go away when you discontinue the drug.

Edited by Siara

You guys think an SNRI like effexor could cause the testosterone malfunction? I switched to that, if it does, i may try something else instead. Thanks for the info acidhead, you really know your stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effexor

I really don't know the answer to your question. I try to research everything of interest to me..... Im a google-maniac... I think these questions would be great to ask your doctor. On a message board such as UM you are going to get a lot of opinionated answers. I feel its good to collect all the information you can get your hands on and try to narrow your results. Information is knowledge. Use google but be prepared to sift through the results and try narrowing your search by using key words.

Good Luck :tu: