Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First death under new Washington suicide law

__Kratos__

OLYMPIA, Washington - A 66-year-old woman who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer is the first person to die under Washington state’s new assisted suicide law.

Linda Fleming of Sequim died Thursday night after taking drugs prescribed under the “Death with Dignity” law that took effect in March. Assisted suicide group Compassion & Choices of Washington announced Fleming’s death Friday morning.

The organization says Fleming was diagnosed last month with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The new law was approved in last November’s election with a nearly 60 percent vote.

linked-imageRead more...

It's good to see people have more rights to their own life.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• D1CKY D1AMOND

• The Silver Thong

• 2nd Reign

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats pretty good to see. I can't imagine dieing a slow painful death and having to put my family through the torture of watching me wither away in agony. Good Law !!!

I'm glad that she was able to do that, you should have the right to do so if you see your quality of life is gone and you are suffering.

It's so good that people can finally make their own choices about this and are able to preserve their dignity.

And here they locked kavorkian away for assisting and aiding people who wish to pass on, I say why force them to suffer and put the family thru all the stress of watching someone die a slow agonizing death,

Glad to hear of this,

It's good to see people have more rights to their own life.

I pity the poor woman. We can't do anything to cure pancreatic cancer yet but at least we can have the decency to let the victims say "enough is enough".

I pity the poor woman. We can't do anything to cure pancreatic cancer yet but at least we can have the decency to let the victims say "enough is enough".

In reality I do not need a law to tell me I can't kill myself because I will eventually do this... I wanna do it the messy way though and will probably go out Hunter S. Thompson style which takes balls.

In reality I do not need a law to tell me I can't kill myself because I will eventually do this... I wanna do it the messy way though and will probably go out Hunter S. Thompson style which takes balls.

Buck up princess and be a real man. *hands you a tanto* The way of the Samurai. :D