Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea conducts nuclear test

__Kratos__

i asked you what you would do in his situation.

so i'll ask again.... what would you do?.... talking is out of the question so what would be the solution?

personally i don't think there is anything anyone could do but that's just my opinion.

you obviously feel obama could do something... what exactly?

I already answerd you that, I was in favor with the tough diplomacy. You asking again means you don't like my answer.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• acidhead

• KRS-One

• AROCES

I already answerd you that, I was in favor with the tough diplomacy. You asking again means you don't like my answer.

in what way would tough diplomacy be any different to the approach he has already taken?

what would have happened differently?

nothing in my opinion and that's my point - it wouldn't matter who was at the helm so stop trying to make this about how soft obama is - mccain wouldn't be in a position any different.

anything to have a go at the left aroces....

Last Saturday SK ex-president was assassinated.... He was also Impeached on corruption charges.... like many of SK politicians..

Why the Hell is Obama sending a special envoy over for his funeral?

Weird... why is Americas Federal government supporting a criminal? ........hmmmm....

Than NK ends the armistice agreement.... ...Hmmmmmmm.....

'If' just one American soldier is harmed in the coming days or weeks the USA will have all the 'political MSM' support required to 'fight' yet another pointless war.

My gut tells me we are being played.

Edited by acidhead

The latest sabber rattling from NK is similar to the Iraq war buildup...

Saddam was saying that the postering of the USA, along with support of the International community, undermining and convincing people that they had a WMD program was a declaration of war.

The Americans have, as most know, troops and bases in SK..... Reports have come out from NK that spies or secret agents have been caught planning Kim's assassination in NK.

We don't hear these reports on MSM.... so I suppose most will shrug it off as 'untrue' because thats the same response people have when Iran or Venezuela or Lebanon or Bolivia report spies in their country.... we tend to take the MSM's word as 'true'... but why?... because the MSM is 'our press'?.. and not their press?... even though our MSM lies and decieves us all the freakin time?...

All it will take is for one American soldier, on the SK side, to step over the border into NK and slap a N Korean on the face to grab International attention and divert the blame towards the NK.... or simply grab an NK soldier and drag him onto SK side and slap an American soldier and run back... get the point? though I'm using 'slapping' as a metaphor for something greater...

The MSM will tell us the opposite... and we will all buy in to the 'act of war' from the evil NK.

...just a senario..... that has already been played out in Iraq(not slapping just postering and using MSM as a tool to convince the chicken-hawks) that perhaps could initiate conflict and drag America into something most would rather avoid.

Remember Joe Biden in January say the Obama would be "tested" in the early part of his Presidency?

This could be the test he was talking about.... though the 'test' very well could be a 'test' of the International community after all the lies and deceit from the prior administration in regards to Iraq's WMD so-called program.

Obam's 'test' would be to articulately sell it to the planet as "what I think we would all like to see to create the kind of world order that we would all like to live in"

Im just throwing out a senario... "who really does know WTH is going on?"... I'd like to meet him... we all would...

Edited by acidhead

Ok acidhead...where the heck are you getting all that?

First off I believe the ex-prez offed himself, not assassinated. As for Obama sending a special envoy I'm sure that's more to due with the current crisis than the funeral itself. Besides it's just politics, need to be seen playing nice with your allies.

Second if the crap does hit the fan the US is going to be focused only on naval and air operations. The SK is more than able enough to deal with NK.

Third this is nothing like the Iraq buildup. With Iraq it was Bush coming out of the blue about how evil Iraq was and how Saddam needed to be taken down. In this case everything is coming from NK. They were the ones who set off the nuke, news of which came from Russia not the US, and then started firing off missiles and making threats. NK's closest allies, China and Russia, have publically called upon them to calm the hell down. For the most part the US has been sitting off in the corner, talking about how bad NK is behaving. They're not trying to convince everyone of how evil Kim is or building up their forces. Kim is doing a fine job himself and it's been SK and Japan who have been putting their militaries on alert.

Finally if I'm reading your posts right you seem to be suggesting that this whole crisis is just a plot started by the US government to show that Obama can handle the international stage...wow. Do you really think that anyone who's in the US government is a soulless mass murder? That is way out there even for this board.

Edited by Corp

N. Korea threatens to attack US, S. Korea warships

By HYUNG-JIN KIM – 1 hour ago

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea threatened military action Wednesday against U.S. and South Korean warships plying the waters near the Koreas' disputed maritime border, raising the specter of a naval clash just days after the regime's underground nuclear test.

Pyongyang, reacting angrily to Seoul's decision to join an international program to intercept ships suspected of aiding nuclear proliferation, called the move tantamount to a declaration of war.

"Now that the South Korean puppets were so ridiculous as to join in the said racket and dare declare a war against compatriots," North Korea is "compelled to take a decisive measure," the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said in a statement carried by state media.

The North Korean army called it a violation of the armistice the two Koreas signed in 1953 to end their three-year war, and said it would no longer honor the treaty.

South Korea's military said Wednesday it was prepared to "respond sternly" to any North Korean provocation.

article continues.... http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...9F7R9wD98EMMPO0

Ok acidhead...where the heck are you getting all that?

First off I believe the ex-prez offed himself, not assassinated. As for Obama sending a special envoy I'm sure that's more to due with the current crisis than the funeral itself. Besides it's just politics, need to be seen playing nice with your allies.

Second if the crap does hit the fan the US is going to be focused only on naval and air operations. The SK is more than able enough to deal with NK.

Third this is nothing like the Iraq buildup. With Iraq it was Bush coming out of the blue about how evil Iraq was and how Saddam needed to be taken down. In this case everything is coming from NK. They were the ones who set off the nuke, news of which came from Russia not the US, and then started firing off missiles and making threats. NK's closest allies, China and Russia, have publically called upon them to calm the hell down. For the most part the US has been sitting off in the corner, talking about how bad NK is behaving. They're not trying to convince everyone of how evil Kim is or building up their forces. Kim is doing a fine job himself and it's been SK and Japan who have been putting their militaries on alert.

Finally if I'm reading your posts right you seem to be suggesting that this whole crisis is just a plot started by the US government to show that Obama can handle the international stage...wow. Do you really think that anyone who's in the US government is a soulless mass murder? That is way out there even for this board.

-'we' believe anything the MSM says over media from the said countries 'we' deem 'bad countries... even though most agree that the MSM cannot be trusted.

--I feel this is like the Iraq war buildup... because 'we' take the MSM word over the word of the said countries 'we' deem evil... because they(MSM) puts that bug in our ear.

---NO I'm not pointing my finger directly at the US government directly... no... Im pointing it at the NWO.

The NWO doesn't need money.... they've got all the money they want.... the NWO is the IMF, WTO, and World Bank.... they want total control of mother earth's resources.

The IMF, WTO and World Bank are a cabal of International banksters... an obligarchy of power..... which was created by the CFR and TRC--- both created by the same

obligarchy of international banksters after ww2... CFR and TRC past and present members are the very people setting western foreign policy and CONTROLLERS of MSM.

They do not want people to have independence. They want us to be dependent on them for everything so they can control everything and us at the same time.

An old King once was quoted as saying, "its better to have the people fear you than love you". ... Fear is Control.

Playing Nations off each other creates the division necessary to play the people's emotional fears off each other.

That fear creates the sides people choose senario.. "either you are with us---or you are with the terrorists"--rudy Gulianee

History proves people tend to lean to the later because the fear is stronger than seeking out the truth and looking 'bad' or supportive of the 'evil doers'.

Edited by acidhead

Do you have a source that states proof that the former president was murdered?

He left a letter behind, at home - and jumped off the cliff. It does not look he was convicted, rather just under investigation.

By the way, BBC says the Yonben reactor is steaming again - means the trolls are cooking more plutonium. It normally takes 3.5 days to make 16 kilos... BBC expects sea battles because they gonna check NKorean ships now. Here we go, Allah took away the brains from both sides.

I'm sure it's part of their morning ritual. Get up, get dressed, have breakfast, threaten to nuke Seoul, brush teeth, do dishes.

Though I'm sure Japan is going to feel bummed for being left out.

He left a letter behind, at home - and jumped off the cliff. It does not look he was convicted, rather just under investigation.

He didn't leave a letter at home... the MSM version says suicide note... when in Fact it was a computer typed message... The MSM strikes again!!

In his last posting on his Web site, on April 22, he wrote, ``You should now discard me,'' adding ``I no longer symbolize the values you pursue. I am no longer qualified to speak for such things as democracy, progressiveness and justice.'' rahnita@koreatimes.co.kr

pss@koreatimes.co.kr

Edited by acidhead

Do you have a source that states proof that the former president was murdered?

'If' you are suggesting that I source a MSM link... you are sh!t outta luck...

Rumors are rampant over the net from people who live in South Korea that the man was beloved and the investigation was being used to undermine his ideologies.

The Ministry of Justice and the prosecution have now declared an end to the investigation. Justice Minister Kim Kyung-han said, ``The ongoing investigation will be brought to a halt following his death.''

23/05/2009 13:57:01

So sad

By Jacques de Goldfiem - France

I am shocked by the suicide of Roh Moo-hyun. He was a good and honest man. I agree with the prior comment : He has been the best president in South Korea, maybe not the most efficient, but definitively honest (see my more long comment in "Jacques de Goldfiem eye on Asia" in asiaobserver.com

23/05/2009 09:55:02 Alert a moderator

aobut ex president

-----------

By Anonyme - South Korea

I don't think You can trust all the reports about his death, Ex President,who is innocent, down to earth to the people of South Korea, He was the best ever as president of South Korea

-----------

27/05/2009 21:16:11 Alert a moderator

President Rho's death

By KimBo - USA/Durham, NC

I am married to a South Korean woman. She is so upset with her country right now. She asked me to compose and send a letter to someone, anyone in Seoul to let them know how she feels. She wants to know why anyone would investigate a president after he has left office. He had served his country in a good, clean, and noble fashion and had done nothing but expose and anger certain gangsters still in government. To go after his family was cowardice and shameful, but she knows they have no remorse for what they caused president Rho to do. Only an honorable man would take his own life to protect his family. He knew they weren't guilty. Why did the investigation stop after his death? Because the cowards could only bring allegations, not proof. Our country may never again have a chance at democracy unless more men like Rho face up to the corruptors in governement.

-----------

23/05/2009 15:28:13

My president.

By migyeong - Daegu

I cannot express the amount of grief i feel at the moment.

I have the korean flag out at home remembering our late president

and I cannot get hold of anything.

My husband, at his former teacher's retirement ceremony, tells me to keep him updated with the news via text messaging as he does not have access to it.

I keep myself on the internet as I do not trust what they say in TV news anymore.

Our president has passed away.

I respect and love President Rho and I think of him as my only president.

I would like the world to know that there are many others here in Korea who has the same views and opinions as I do.

-----------

24/05/2009 15:46:34 Alert a moderator

President Roh, tragedy but touched

By FUMB - Korea

president Roh was the best president ever Korean had. The problem was that Korea Citizens doesn't know what he did, even though it was progressive and effective. He was the only one who had pure soul.

----------

24/05/2009 16:01:03 Alert a moderator

Roh was the hero of the century.

By susanna - South Korea / Seoul

I miss him as a human and as a national. And I respect him as a lawyer side with the weak.

South Korea had lost the best chance to be more democratic nation.

So, many many people cried and sighed deeply. Even me, I couldn't sleep and eat for 24 hours.

I hope may he rest and piece .

He was the hero of the century,

But unfortunately murdered by Lee Myoung Bak's dictatorship.- politicla revenge.

You can get it in front of Duk su palace. MB forbids nation's mourning at Seoul square for illigal gathering.

Even though Duk su palace's dooryard is much smaller and crowded , so people can't help gathering in that small area. Moreover, thousands of riot polices are guiding the mourners, people can't mourn theirself to the full. South Korea's democracy has been dead. That's what Roh's suicide's meaning.

-----------**Check the comment sections on most MSM articles... You will notice South Koreans are suggesting otherwise*********

Roh worked his way up from a farming village to the presidency, but in many ways remained an outsider whose bluntness alienated both political opponents and the public.

In the 2002 presidential election he scored a dramatic upset victory for the liberals, partly by harnessing the power of the Internet to swell support.

After inauguration in early 2003, he described his priorities as the emergence of his country as an East Asian economic and technological hub and reconciliation with communist North Korea.

His summit in Pyongyang with North Korea's Kim was only the second in the history of the two countries.

Roh also sought a policy of "balanced diplomacy" by lessening dependence on long-time ally the United States.

He pushed a generally liberal agenda, calling for a fairer distribution of wealth and characterising himself as a fighter for the underprivileged.

But his aggressive and provocative remarks, coupled with a lack of skill in building political ties, often led to confrontations.

After a year in office, Roh became the first South Korean president to be impeached for an alleged breach of election laws. He survived the impeachment and propelled his party to a sweeping victory in general elections in 2004.

Edited by acidhead

Why are China and Russia buddies with NK anyways? Who benefits here?

Isn't big brother China who is stopping us from stomping out NK?

Why are China and Russia buddies with NK anyways? Who benefits here?

Communist (and former communist, in the case of Russia) allies as old as the beggining of the cold war.

Given Russia's political collapse and denouncement of communism (for anyone who'd like to talk current Russian politics, please don't flame me over this. I know what's happening, but I also know the current 'de facto' stance of the government), and China's willingness to shift toward capitalism and modernization, they don't really "benefit". They do it for a few reasons, they feel they need to stick together, in effect, and also to keep United States imperialism from gaining a larger toe-hold in SE asia, which again stems from the ties they held in the cold war.

North Korea benefits the most, not only because their allegiance assures that South Korea doesn't run rampant over them and put a quick end to their regime, and because the few supplies that Kim lets trickle in come in on commercial chinese railway lines.

China is one of the reasons we don't "stamp" them out. To be entirely honest, there isn't much in NK TO stomp. However China does it mainly as a way of saying "Could you please NOT invade or nuke our back yard?"

edit: man I was going to link a bunch of cool NK pics using a free image hosting site but was told the board won't allow me to link to it? Since when? I used it before :( Oh well. No pics then.

Edited by KRS-One

KRS, i'm not so sure the south would run rampant as easily as you suggest. i'm not saying they would lose but to suggest they would run rampant is a bold statement considering the north have the fourth largest army in the world.

these reports say they have threatned th us and south korea

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df2_1243447342

cheers for that.

KRS, i'm not so sure the south would run rampant as easily as you suggest. i'm not saying they would lose but to suggest they would run rampant is a bold statement considering the north have the fourth largest army in the world.

The northern population is out numbered 57 to 23 million, and while the north may have one of the largest armies in the world, an army made up of starving men with decades old equipment at best against a very well trained and exceptionally well armed southern army (assuming no ally intervention...which would only make things easier for them).

You have to remember that these people have literally no concept of the world outside of North Korea. Even if they invaded first and hit Seoul, how many of them would just up and desert on the spot upon seeing it?

Edited by KRS-One

No, KRS, it is all easier, all boils to the desire of NK to survive. At the current moment it can charge China and Russia for threatening USA, charge USA for not bombing Japan and S Korea, and ask money from S Korea for possible reunification. Also they sell themselves as a friendly neighbour - at least if Russia misses a payment or says something wrong, they immediately start to detain Russia ships, even outside of their waters.

No, KRS, it is all easier, all boils to the desire of NK to survive.

You're absolutely correct.

In fact, NK wanting to survive only further proves my earlier point that this entire thread was conjecture and WWIII fantasy.

There is no logical scenario where NK would either attack its neighbors, nor draw in international strikes, as either one would include the loss of any and all aid under every circumstance. Not to mention military strikes against a nation 100% indebted to foreign trade to feed and clothe its army at the basest level.

Pretty sure NK isn't interested in that.

i asked you what you would do in his situation.

so i'll ask again.... what would you do?.... talking is out of the question so what would be the solution?

personally i don't think there is anything anyone could do but that's just my opinion.

you obviously feel obama could do something... what exactly?

You asking what you would do now, like quick solution or end to it tomorrow :rolleyes:

And we are talking about what to do that will have a good result at the end.