Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trickster gods

ambelamba

I really don't want to reveal my personal life, but now I can understand why polytheistic cultures had the concept of 'trickster gods'. If you have had bad jinx all the time then you can think about the possibility. And the one reason why I became an atheist is that I simply can't handle the concept of a trickster god messing with people's life. Dwelling in such horrible thought is bad for mental clarity and health. So I tell myself that I am an atheist. If life has little jinx, I wouldn't care if god exists or not.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ambelamba

• CardWise

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, in this particular instance, what religion you were before is relevant.

I think, in this particular instance, what religion you were before is relevant.

Fundamentalist Christian from a Catholic family. I believed in Christian God. But I think I stopped trusting him in 1999. Power, especially absolute power does a nefarious thing to mind and psyche. It brings out the sadistic tyrant in everyone. That's why I don't like absolute authority and the concept of almighty god. Such god has no reason to be nice to his creations.