Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nibiru 2012

ender35

Hi im new on this site and at first i will say hello to you all.

İ live in turkey. İts not easy to find people which are interested with nibiru or the mayan calendar.

but its very interesting for me . ive searched on the net for many informations about thi mayan calendar and 2012 and i have little questions.

first of all a famous ufologist in turkey say thats 2012 will be an new beginning for mankind. so what will happen exactly?

i read that big storms , big floods , mega tsunamis will destroy many of the human civilization. ok i belive it because there is something and i believe that the mayans and aztecs wouldnt belive in false things. because we see they had a very modern culture. for ex. a mayan temple has 365 stairs. thats very crazy i think. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ender35

• MID

• Tann

• Grams

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen a calender that DIDN'T end?

Hi ender35

Welcome to UM.

2012, the Mayan calender ending at Dec. 21, is basically the processional new cycle. Every 26,000 years is a full cycle.

Now, on the Mayan prophecy's about the destruction on earth. I have read in a very old "Atlantis Rising Magazine" that I have laying around here someplace, that there is a comet/asteroid suppose to travel close to earth, and is suppose to break apart with part of it hitting the earth. This is probably the doomsday talk you have heard. We have a world wide watch for incoming asteroids and comets. It isn't 100% fool proof, but it is a eye in the sky. And, so far there isn't anything reported that resembles a killer comet heading to earth. To the best of my knowledge.

Grams/Lois :)

PS: You might find some more information on this site: http://www.2012endofdays.org/general/2012-end-of-days.php

Edited by Grams

İ live in turkey. İts not easy to find people which are interested with nibiru or the mayan calendar.

but its very interesting for me . ive searched on the net for many informations about thi mayan calendar and 2012 and i have little questions.

first of all a famous ufologist in turkey say thats 2012 will be an new beginning for mankind. so what will happen exactly?

i read that big storms , big floods , mega tsunamis will destroy many of the human civilization. ok i belive it because there is something and i believe that the mayans and aztecs wouldnt belive in false things. because we see they had a very modern culture. for ex. a mayan temple has 365 stairs. thats very crazy i think. :)

Yo, welcome around here.

Now don't be surprise if some people on this forum try to sell you the "duck and cover" (see notes) strategy for an imaginary event...not that duck and cover helps...but as the cataclysm is imaginary, nor harm will be done except some loss of your quality life; and for some hurt feelings as your friends and acquaintances will roll on the ground laughing for some time after upon seeing you.

It is a fact that the precision of the Mayan calendar was not equaled until modern times... but it is a myth that they predicted that the world would end in 2012.

Because Mayan astronomers discovered that a year is not exactly 365 days, they calculated all leaps in advance, ended up with a large hunk of stone full of calculations and they stopped calculating reaching the year 2012. If you consider that the calculation started before our time count and were done from in 550 BC on, a 2500 year spanning calendar is quite an achievement. They just seemed to understand the futility of calculating any further.

So why, you ask, does the calendar end in 2012 and not in 2013 or 2234? Because of the leap years, years were grouped in blocks, and every time the start of a year would be too far away from the equinoxes a new block was started...you guessed it, on a recurring event. The last block just ends in 2012.

Now, there is a group of modern quacks who have either an insatiable appetite for the world to end (according to the motto: if I end, the world ends with me--- 'cause I am so important) and a second group of modern con men who bolster the rantings of the former to enrich themselves.

In between both are those with an inferiority complex, who try to feel important by letting you in on a "secret", which is but the hot air produced by the former two groups.

So what is going to happen in 2012? The same that happened in the year 1000, and in the year 1844, and in the year 2000. Same old ****.

Ah yes, the notes: Duck and cover was devised by the US government in the 50s to safeguard citizens from an atomic attack, they recommended that, in the event of an atomic attack, one should duck and cover up to avoid radiation damage. If you had nothing handy you could cover yourself with a briefcase or a shopping bag over your head... all very useful against radiation.....

Yo, welcome around here.

Now don't be surprise if some people on this forum try to sell you the "duck and cover" (see notes) strategy for an imaginary event...not that duck and cover helps...but as the cataclysm is imaginary, nor harm will be done except some loss of your quality life; and for some hurt feelings as your friends and acquaintances will roll on the ground laughing for some time after upon seeing you.

It is a fact that the precision of the Mayan calendar was not equaled until modern times... but it is a myth that they predicted that the world would end in 2012.

Because Mayan astronomers discovered that a year is not exactly 365 days, they calculated all leaps in advance, ended up with a large hunk of stone full of calculations and they stopped calculating reaching the year 2012. If you consider that the calculation started before our time count and were done from in 550 BC on, a 2500 year spanning calendar is quite an achievement. They just seemed to understand the futility of calculating any further.

So why, you ask, does the calendar end in 2012 and not in 2013 or 2234? Because of the leap years, years were grouped in blocks, and every time the start of a year would be too far away from the equinoxes a new block was started...you guessed it, on a recurring event. The last block just ends in 2012.

Now, there is a group of modern quacks who have either an insatiable appetite for the world to end (according to the motto: if I end, the world ends with me--- 'cause I am so important) and a second group of modern con men who bolster the rantings of the former to enrich themselves.

In between both are those with an inferiority complex, who try to feel important by letting you in on a "secret", which is but the hot air produced by the former two groups.

So what is going to happen in 2012? The same that happened in the year 1000, and in the year 1844, and in the year 2000. Same old ****.

Ah yes, the notes: Duck and cover was devised by the US government in the 50s to safeguard citizens from an atomic attack, they recommended that, in the event of an atomic attack, one should duck and cover up to avoid radiation damage. If you had nothing handy you could cover yourself with a briefcase or a shopping bag over your head... all very useful against radiation.....

Yes thats correct. İ have to say that when im talking about the happening in 2012 some people think that im a freak but i am very afraid what is becoming to us. İ remember in the year 2000. They said its the millenium year its the day of doomsday. Or the date 06.06.06 but we see nothing happened.

İ think its going to be a myth. Maybe years later we laugh about it. We dont know what is coming next. Maybe contact with an unknown species ? We can just wait and see.

Yes thats correct. İ have to say that when im talking about the happening in 2012 some people think that im a freak but i am very afraid what is becoming to us. İ remember in the year 2000. They said its the millenium year its the day of doomsday. Or the date 06.06.06 but we see nothing happened.

İ think its going to be a myth. Maybe years later we laugh about it. We dont know what is coming next. Maybe contact with an unknown species ? We can just wait and see.

Hello, welcome to UM.

:)

We certainly can wait and see but I'm quite confident that nothing special or "prophecied" will happen.

Poke around in the forum. You will find a great deal of accurate information regarding 2012.

HN

Poke around in the forum. You will find a great deal of accurate information regarding 2012.

HN

And also a lot of, well.... :hmm::unsure2:

I'm hoping he catches Emma/Jayle/Hearte posts before he gets to the "eh" stuff.

:)

HN

Ok im beginning for searching thank you all :)

Hi, it's me again. Guess I made a misquote on the length of time for the procession. I got this info from another web-site:

Currently, this annual motion is about 50.3 seconds of arc per year or 1 degree every 71.6 years. The process is slow, but cumulative. A complete precession cycle covers a period of approximately 25,765 years, the so called Platonic year, during which time the equinox regresses a full 360° through all twelve constellations of the zodiac. Precessional movement is also the determining factor in the length of an astrological age.

http://www.stone.com/Qouija/Procession_of_the_Equinox.html

Sorry, Grams/Lois :)

Hi, it's me again. Guess I made a misquote on the length of time for the procession. I got this info from another web-site:

Currently, this annual motion is about 50.3 seconds of arc per year or 1 degree every 71.6 years. The process is slow, but cumulative. A complete precession cycle covers a period of approximately 25,765 years, the so called Platonic year, during which time the equinox regresses a full 360° through all twelve constellations of the zodiac. Precessional movement is also the determining factor in the length of an astrological age.

http://www.stone.com/Qouija/Procession_of_the_Equinox.html

Sorry, Grams/Lois :)

Thank you Grams for the information it helps me a lot :)

Thank you Grams for the information it helps me a lot :)

You might also want to check the net for any info on the

Taurid meteor stream

I think it had lot's of folks shook up.

Grams/Lois :yes:

Oh yes...alot of "well... :hmm::unsure: "

;)

OH NOES my calander ends in december!>>!!>>!!!!! now the world will end in december 31st

OH NOES my calander ends in december!>>!!>>!!!!! now the world will end in december 31st

Yes, there's that too...although it seems to crap out every time the end of the calendar year approaches....

You might recall, all hell was to break loose on 1-1-01, but I never was able to gather any data to support that...

Yes, there's that too...although it seems to crap out every time the end of the calendar year approaches....

You might recall, all hell was to break loose on 1-1-01, but I never was able to gather any data to support that...

Hmm..maybe because of the beer/champagne/etc consumption on Dec. 31st the Jan. 1st tends to be sketchy for some of us? ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Because the big voodoo computer god fixed the programing error to save our pathetic butts so we could yammer on and on about 2012 :P

The Nibiru theory comes from Sitchin and even he says that 2012 is not when the celestial body returns. His last Earth Chronicle book goes into when he believes something like a "return" might happen, but it does not fall in the year (or anywhere near) 2012. This is all considering that his theory is right. It's silly to see so many people jump on his bandwagon and not even know what he really thinks. It's all people jumping to conclusions and making large assumptions based upon other people's research/investigations/theories.

In regards to the end date 12/21/2012 ~ it is the end of a cycle (one of many Mayan cycles) that was recorded by the Mayans called the Long Count. This one cycle is made up of 13 Baktuns (each Baktun = 144,000 days) that span from 3113/3114 BC and end in 2012 AD. Previously mentioned, this is one of many Cycles~ although this one has greater significance than most of the others. The Mayans considered each 13 Baktun cycle of around 5,125 years to correspond to an "Age" or "Sun". We are presently in the 5th Sun moving towards the 6th. I doubt this transition has anything to do with extra-terrestrial visitations/celestial swing-by's of Nibiru etc If anything it has to do with the movements of the Earth, Venus and the Sun and their relationships and the effects they have on our consciousness/weather patterns/evolution and more.

The Maya began their Long Count on what they referred to as the ‘Birth of Venus.’ Scholars have never been able to determine what the Maya were referring to and neither have alternative researchers. Nevertheless their sacred calendar, the Tzolkin, placed the synodic cycles of Venus in a central role. The 104-year ‘Venus Round’ cycle (2 Calendar Rounds of 52 years each), was a very important ceremonial event as this was the point in time when the solar and sacred calendars realigned with the cycle of Venus.

I need to insert an important numerical progression at this point to provide a basis for the rest of the article. The number thirteen was a root number for the Maya. It is both a prime number and the eighth number in the crucial Fibonacci series that is one source of the Golden Ratio, 1.618.

If we use 13 as the root of the Mayan calendar system we find the following sequence: 13, 26, 39, 52, 65, 78, 91 and 104, which are achieved by simply adding 13 to each succeeding sum. These are the key numbers in the Mayan calendrics and they have a solid scientific footing. Venus was the central component of the Mayan cosmology. It is for good reason that our nearest planetary neighbor is called earth’s sister planet. They have a phase-locked orbital cycle that is based on a 13:8 ratio. That is derived from the fact that Venus revolves around the sun 1.6 times faster than Earth so that 13 Venus revolutions is equal to 8 years.

Why is this important? By establishing Venus as the key component of the sacred calendar they automatically built the Golden Ratio (1.6) into the system since that ratio defines the difference

between the two planets orbital cycles. By using 13 as the root number they also included the crucial multiples, or powers, of thirteen - 13,000 and 26,000 - or half as well as the full number of years in the precession. We see that the 5 Suns, each lasting 5,125 years, also add up to the Great Zodiacal Year.

We can break these numbers down in different ways and each will show that there was nothing arbitrary about the Mayan system. We somewhat arrogantly disdain other cultures for being superstitious until we come to the number 13 and our own irrationality surfaces. But let’s examine how deeply embedded this number - as well as 26, 52 and 91 - are in our own calendar. Our year is divided into four seasons that are demarcated by the equinoxes and solstices.

Each of the four seasons is 91 days or 13 weeks long, which gives us a year of 52 weeks. We see the key Maya 13-base numerical progression reflected in our own calendar. Half of a year is 26 weeks. It is beyond the scope of this article to delve into all of the intricacies of the Mayan calendrical and mathematical systems; they were extremely adept in these fields.

What I have uncovered during my decades of research into this topic are two crucial keys to understanding the system: the ‘Transit of Venus’ and solar output cycles. It just so happens that the 2012 end date corresponds to a Venus Transit cycle that occurs twice in the next 10 years in 2004 and then in 2012. As mentioned above Venus was central to the Mayan cosmology. The Long Count began on what the Maya call the “Birth of Venus” so it is perhaps not too surprising that it ends on a Transit of Venus.

My research has revealed that a Transit of Venus occurred in 1518 and 1526. This was the period when Cortez landed on the shores of the Yucatan and wound up conquering the Aztec empire. The next transit was in 1631-’39. It was followed by a complete stoppage of the sunspot cycle, which lasted for 70 years (science has no explanation for this event). The ‘little ice age’ occurred between 1645 and 1720. What do we find associated with the next transit in 1761-‘69? We discover the birth of the American Revolution.

Source~

It is my thought that the whole Nibiru arriving in 2012 concept is disinformation.

Arent the other threads about this rediculas "theory" enough?

Nibru is all made up, period.

Arent the other threads about this rediculas "theory" enough?

Nibru is all made up, period.

Discussion is completely acceptable on all accounts. Just remember what you say ("Nibru is all made up, period") is your opinion and you're entitled to it. It is not, however, fact or any more important than another's. If you would like to share your conclusions on how you came about this, I'd love to hear it ~ but if you're just going to waste your own time talking about something you believe to be made up and offer no real thoughts then why not go to another thread. You bring no substance and no material except to call another's theory "rediculas" and to say it's made up. I came to this thread to share some clarification on Sitchin's own theory (he does not attest to the 2012 date). Then I shared what I considered was the significance of the end of the Long Count calender of the Mayans (Venus, Solar/Lunar, Earth relationship) to help others understand another possibility.

Discussion is completely acceptable on all accounts. Just remember what you say ("Nibru is all made up, period") is your opinion and you're entitled to it. It is not, however, fact or any more important than another's. If you would like to share your conclusions on how you came about this, I'd love to hear it ~ but if you're just going to waste your own time talking about something you believe to be made up and offer no real thoughts then why not go to another thread. You bring no substance and no material except to call another's theory "rediculas" and to say it's made up. I came to this thread to share some clarification on Sitchin's own theory (he does not attest to the 2012 date). Then I shared what I considered was the significance of the end of the Long Count calender of the Mayans (Venus, Solar/Lunar, Earth relationship) to help others understand another possibility.

There has been TONS of discussion about 2012, Niburu, Sitchin, the Maya and just about anything else you can dream up.

Read the thread and do a search for other threads with any of those words.

It has all been debunked repeatedly.

Nothing you are giving are "theories" in the scientific definition. They are fantasies and "what if" scenarios if not flat out frauds.

Before you go after a poster for not buying into something that has been gone over you may want to read up on what has been discussed.

There is no real evidence to back up most of what you are looking to discuss.

If you have new earth shattering information regarding Sitchin, start a thread. Make the evidence the first post.

HN

Hmm..maybe because of the beer/champagne/etc consumption on Dec. 31st the Jan. 1st tends to be sketchy for some of us? ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yes, I suppose so Bade !

;)

There has been TONS of discussion about 2012, Niburu, Sitchin, the Maya and just about anything else you can dream up.

Read the thread and do a search for other threads with any of those words.

I was talking specifically about this thread and was bringing up something I thought was interesting ~ there was no need for me to look up the past when I was trying to clarify something to someone now.

It has all been debunked repeatedly.

Nothing you are giving are "theories" in the scientific definition. They are fantasies and "what if" scenarios if not flat out frauds.

I was not stating the validity or invalidity of Sitchin's work. I was clarifying it to those who are assuming he says anything about 2012 (which he repeatedly states is not when/if Nibiru returns). If anything I am helping others to gain some more understanding so more threads like this do not happen.

Before you go after a poster for not buying into something that has been gone over you may want to read up on what has been discussed.

There is no real evidence to back up most of what you are looking to discuss.

If you have new earth shattering information regarding Sitchin, start a thread. Make the evidence the first post.

HN

What I am discussing, if one takes the time to respectfully consider my written thoughts, is the relationships between the multiple Mayan cycles and their synchronizations. It is FACT that planets revolve in orbits (or cycles) around the Sun. It is FACT that these cycles were recorded from observations and the Mayans (as well as Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sumerians etc etc) made calenders representing said observations. It is of importance to note that the end of the Solar Cycle and Venusian Cycle (their utmost patron) is very symbolic in my opinion. I could speculate some more but I'll let that simmer a bit.