Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

astral projection help

DellusionalMirror

hey, i've been trying to lucidly astral travel for about 2 months now, but cant seem to get it done. all i basically do is stretch a bit and relax myself, then lay down, close my eyes, calm my mind, and think of astral traveling. i've become pretty much a master lol at reaching the point where my body is numb, but i've never gotten any farther. any ideas on what i'm doing or not doing wrong?

I would say just imagine yourself doing it.

For example, if you have a destination in mind, move yourself there with your imagination. If you want to just travel, imagine how it would happen and where you would go.

I would say just imagine yourself doing it.

For example, if you have a destination in mind, move yourself there with your imagination. If you want to just travel, imagine how it would happen and where you would go.

hmmm okay, cool, thanks :tu:

hey, i've been trying to lucidly astral travel for about 2 months now, but cant seem to get it done. all i basically do is stretch a bit and relax myself, then lay down, close my eyes, calm my mind, and think of astral traveling. i've become pretty much a master lol at reaching the point where my body is numb, but i've never gotten any farther. any ideas on what i'm doing or not doing wrong?

Sorry but I have some bad news for you:

ASTRAL PROJECTION IS IMPOSSIBLE.

I tried for months, and I realized that it didn't work because astral projection is fake. Don't waste your valuable time trying astral projection.

Look into lucid dreaming instead. It's the closest you can come to astral projection.

I tried for months, and I realized that it didn't work because astral projection is fake. Don't waste your valuable time trying astral projection.

Look into lucid dreaming instead. It's the closest you can come to astral projection.

Note: Your statement about astral projection can not really represent everyone, be careful how you thrash around bold statements like that. Presenting it as such doesn't leave much room for discussion, esp when participating in a diverse community when it comes to the many varying experiences, opinions and beliefs.

If your experience pertaining to astral projection forms your opinion, then state it as your opinion.

This might interest you for a point of discussion, but I've heard of quite a few people who don't really consider a line between lucid dreaming and astral experience/dreaming.

• Like 1

Note: Your statement about astral projection can not really represent everyone, be careful how you thrash around bold statements like that. Presenting it as such doesn't leave much room for discussion, esp when participating in a diverse community when it comes to the many varying experiences, opinions and beliefs.

If your experience pertaining to astral projection forms your opinion, then state it as your opinion.

This might interest you for a point of discussion, but I've heard of quite a few people who don't really consider a line between lucid dreaming and astral experience/dreaming.

Well, the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming is that EVERYONE DREAMS. Lucid dreaming is simply a dream where you realize you are dreaming and you take control of your dream. In astral projection, you actually go out of your body (supposedly), while in lucid dreaming you remain inside your body and everything happens in your imagination.

LOL sorry, I come a little strong. And anyone who wants to argue with me is more than welcome.

Well, the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming is that EVERYONE DREAMS. Lucid dreaming is simply a dream where you realize you are dreaming and you take control of your dream. In astral projection, you actually go out of your body (supposedly), while in lucid dreaming you remain inside your body and everything happens in your imagination.

LOL sorry, I come a little strong. And anyone who wants to argue with me is more than welcome.

I do not wish to argue with you. You have the choice to see it that way.

The dream world is a another form of reality for some. There are those who wish to consciousally dream and direct these events, shall we say consciousally. We pick the words astral projrction, in my view, to describe this desire. This skill or art is where we move the point of conscious focus outside the body. We move it to realms of reality where the body does not travel.

When you can imagine this happening, you can experience it. For me this would be real, for you it may not be. That is your choice, and I honor it.

John

I do not wish to argue with you. You have the choice to see it that way.

The dream world is a another form of reality for some. There are those who wish to consciousally dream and direct these events, shall we say consciousally. We pick the words astral projrction, in my view, to describe this desire. This skill or art is where we move the point of conscious focus outside the body. We move it to realms of reality where the body does not travel.

When you can imagine this happening, you can experience it. For me this would be real, for you it may not be. That is your choice, and I honor it.

John

This is exactly why personal experience is not evidence. It can be interpreted in so many ways. But neurological studies show that dream is a product of your brain. To call it anything but a effect of the brain requires ignoring evidence, not matter what you believe.

I found that I had astral projection experiences whilst napping at unusual times (which was usually the afternoon) at the midpoint of sleep and waking I would suddenly 'drop' and be outside of my body. These experiences were somewhat scary as I could touch my own body, and was often afraid I could not get back into it. Sometimes a sudden sound would be what caused me to 'jump' outside of my body, and in most cases a sudden sound that caused me to 'jump' back in.

If doors were closed when I was 'out of body' I would be stuck in that room! I had some level of sensation, where I would try to open the door and could feel the door handle but couldn't get a firm grip. I could also, not see my astral body but could 'feel' it.

When I had them I wasn't floating around (except in one or two cases) but was able to wander around and could actually feel the carpet or flooring or rugs on my feet! If I was wearing shoes when I 'went over' I feel those shoes on my astral feet.

In one case I thought I was half awake and so thought of splashing my face with water to wake me up, in an instant, I was in the bathroom.

I tried to turn the tap and only got a little dribble of water, in this case I could see my hands but they were opaque and when I tried to catch the water with my hands, it slipped through the center of my palms. As I was standing 'astrally' in the bathroom pondering this problem I heard the sounds of someone coming in and was zipped back into myself.

I refuse to nap in the afternoons now because of this effect of astral travel/dreaming, it is not a frightening experience but is a frustrating and often annoying one (who wants to sit looking at themselves all scruffy and sweaty with sleep or as an empty shell?) as I could never just float out of or leave the house to go adventure I'd be stuck wandering around the flat and in the town I live in it isn't wise to open your front door before you nap. my house looked no different astrally than it did normally so I'd end up sitting there beside myself waiting for something (like a sudden sound) to put me back in. I would be worrying about if I was going to get back into my body.

Sometimes I would lie back to back with myself and try to roll back in (that was my mum's technique) but would end up bumping into myself.

For this reason I always dread an OBE.

Whether it is astral travel or just a dream I don't know, but it's effects are powerful none the less. I'm not comfortable with it.

Lady Ma'at

Sometimes a sudden sound would be what caused me to 'jump' outside of my body, and in most cases a sudden sound that caused me to 'jump' back in

Lady Ma'at

I wonder if the jumping in and out of your body was caused by sleep spindles and K-complexes then. So in a completely useless theory by yours truly, to astral project you have to try and stay in stage 2 sleep to be successful. Or maybe you have to go in between stages 2 and 3 of sleep.

Anyone interested in more info on sleep stages here's a wiki link. Wiki

Just because you can't dunk basketball doesn't mean its impossible

for some it can take years

other naturally and some just spontaneous

next time when you have a lucid dream try to project from it i heard that's the easiest way realize that your dreaming and project out of it

Yes, I tried astral projection and boy, did it work! Even now if I get the notion and I'm bored or something and nothing is pressing on my consciousness, I can sit and picture myself going out of my body and actually seeing a reflection of my self. The thing about it is though, I cannot go outside of what I can see. That, however, also depends on my memory. If I can picture it, I can be there. But, I cannot lucid dream; I have, but I had no control. I remembered it better.

And I use astral projection to help me in my planning on a trip to somewhere, but that also depends on my memory. I sit and I picture myself going out of my body and getting into the car and driving all the way and then I come back. Haven't had any problems. No car trouble, no wrecks, just nice clean astrally prepared journey.

Edited by greggK

To truly actually do it, you would have to have knowledge of a world that is able to be perceived in 7 ways. It has to do with the structure of the corneas of your eyes and yet there are 2 ways to perceive each level; so that would be 14 ways of perception in each eye which is 28 ways for each person. It does get confusing at this point, though. What is in your visual field is actually backwards and upside down. It gets bad for a drunk. Your eyes are part of your brain! No other organ of your body is. You can 'think' with your eyes! And actually, they do! Is the visual cortex of your brain divide into left and right hemispheres? That would be 28 X 2 ways = 56 ways to perceive the world per person!

That is only visually. Now, comes memory. What a wonderful thought, thinking! And O My God! There are so many ways that the mind can form a thought or a picture, but what do you actually 'see' your thoughts with; what 'sees' the thought?

That is what astral travels. That is you.

Now, you have gone through you life perceiving objects and their movement and you learn about mass and weight, speed and time and distance. That may be the total 56 ways to perceive the world. But, close your eyes. What comes into play then? Your ears.

Sounds create colors. What sound would create a blinding flash of light? B) Would no sound create darkness? :ph34r: Sounds can create wonderful pleasing colorful pictures. But, what 'sees' these pictures?

When you are awake and seeing the outside world and you close your eyes you 'see' the outside world for some time depending on the brightness, but when it fades, the ears come into play. I think that when you sleep, whatever that is that 'sees' the outside world, can now travel in the outside world by hearing. And 'it' does not go out of the ears and down the road, but 'it' travels in the memory in the ways that you can perceive sound.

Just because you can't dunk basketball doesn't mean its impossible

for some it can take years

other naturally and some just spontaneous

next time when you have a lucid dream try to project from it i heard that's the easiest way realize that your dreaming and project out of it

Totally Irrelavent.

youre comparing something spiritual, to your body growing and working on you Physical body to accomplish something.

youre comparing fact and fiction.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

• 3 years later...

Something happens to me, I wonder if it is astral projection..

Cause the process I've been through is the same as the steps for astral projection,

But the thing is I something really un-explainable thing happened.

I was going through astral projection(not sure), I can feel the tingling sensation

I can hear the annoying sounds, yet, I was looking at our able-to-slide window,

It was open, then I tried to close it little by little and did succeed, but, I didn't see it happened at all

I was just able to feel it and hear the sound, I can tell it is happening, then I wake myself up,

I check to all what I did, then the windows was really closed!!!

Though the thing is it was close to start with, I never opened the window, I sleep with the windows closed,

So I was wondering if the astral projection IS that? or it's another, or astral projection is just something like lucid dreaming

But in real life and you could feel and here, and you create there something you like,

Cause I mind is like I'll close this windows, and I did, my mind is like "**** I wouldn't able to see myself", then I can't really see myself.

I was reading this forum for a while as a guest, and this topic made me want to join the discussion. I've been having astral projections since early childhood, so I'll be glad to help in any way I can. First of all, let me assure you: it's real. Second thing: it's very easy, if you're doing it right. The first time is the hardest one, because there are many things you're not sure about and usually beginners make mistakes that make it impossible for them to astral project. Here's a couple thoughts that might be helpful for you. If you want any more help, I'm here for you.

reaching the point where my body is numb

Numb is not enough. OOBE occurs during sleep paralysis, which is a state of sleep as far as the body is concerned. You need to fall asleep without loosing your consciousness. The state of sleep paralysis cannot be mistaken with anything else - once you experience it, you will know this is it. It's a state in which you cannot move your body, even though you try. Once you reach this state, that's when you should try to leave your body using any of the techniques you read about on the internet. NOT BEFORE!

Not, the question is: how do you read the state of sleep paralysis while you're still conscious? The answer is: it's nearly impossible to do that at night, when you go to sleep. It requires an insane control over your mind to be able to make a transition from being fully awake into the conscious sleep paralysis. If that's what you're doing, you're probably wasting your time. However, there are several "tricks" that you can use to make it quite easy. Here's one of them that I find incredibly effective:

1. Go to sleep at your usual hour. Let's say 11pm
  2. Set an alarm that will wake you up in 4 hours, meaning: 3am.
  3. Once woken up, get up - do not stay in bed (this is important).
  4. Stay up for one hour. Do something that will keep your mind busy. Reading a book or browsing the internet (forums) works best.
  5. After one hour of being awake, come back to bed and lie down in the position that is not your usual (for most people: on their back).
  6. Try to fall asleep as you normally would.

Chances are, your body will fall asleep before your mind does. After a while, you will start hearing weird buzzing noises, feeling vibrations, and you will realize that you are paralyzed. This is the moment when you should attempt to use any of OOBE methods you might have heard of. Anything would work, really: rolling out, spinning, etc. The key is to visualize any motion that normally would create a tension in your muscles. However, you shouldn't have any tension at all - it should be an imaginary tension. You will notice that any visualization of motion will intensify the vibrations to the point when you will be able to separate from your body.

It's really easy, guys. You just need to do it right.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

QUOTE (DellusionalMirror @ May 30 2009, 11:43 PM)

So if Astral Projection is fake, how do you explain the sudden jolts of electricity that many people report including myself when they enter into the Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection? I have experienced this many times when i was a little kid without knowing what Astral Projection was.