Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Water

EdenJaded

G'day,

I apologise if this has been posted in the wrong section, but I'm completely baffled by an unexplainable experience, and I have no knowledge of the supernatural or paranormal, but I thought this forum may be able to assist me.

Yesterday evening, my mother and I were sitting in the lounge room - she was using the laptop, and I was reading a magazine when we heard a long trickle of water - also, at this same time a mobile phone and a switched off appliance made a noise. We looked to each other in puzzlement, and then searched for the source of the trickling noise.

On the coffee table, in front of us, was a large puddle of water the size of an A4 sheet of paper. We immediately looked to the roof, assuming there had been a leak - but there was no leak, no wet patch; it was dry as a bone – there was absolutely nothing. And the puddle did not splatter, like it should have from falling at that height, and yet there was a trickling noise preceding it. There were no drinks on the table, and we do not have an air-conditioning unit. Notably, the water also tasted very sweet and radiated a pleasant smell. The water, quite literally, appeared from no-where.

I was wondering if this kind of phenomena has a particular name, or if anyone has had any experience or ideas as to what caused this? Also, I'm not sure if it's relevant - but two days ago we had to put down our beloved dog that we kept for fourteen years. The dog was very special, as I grew up with her, and I'm currently carrying a lot of guilt about the way the vet handled her and that I didn't properly say goodbye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - as a science undergraduate, this has completely rocked my world.

Eden.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EdenJaded

• theSOURCE

• kreestar

• ever elusive

You tasted water that you have absolutely no idea where it came from?

G'day,

I apologise if this has been posted in the wrong section, but I'm completely baffled by an unexplainable experience, and I have no knowledge of the supernatural or paranormal, but I thought this forum may be able to assist me.

Yesterday evening, my mother and I were sitting in the lounge room - she was using the laptop, and I was reading a magazine when we heard a long trickle of water - also, at this same time a mobile phone and a switched off appliance made a noise. We looked to each other in puzzlement, and then searched for the source of the trickling noise.

On the coffee table, in front of us, was a large puddle of water the size of an A4 sheet of paper. We immediately looked to the roof, assuming there had been a leak - but there was no leak, no wet patch; it was dry as a bone – there was absolutely nothing. And the puddle did not splatter, like it should have from falling at that height, and yet there was a trickling noise preceding it. There were no drinks on the table, and we do not have an air-conditioning unit. Notably, the water also tasted very sweet and radiated a pleasant smell. The water, quite literally, appeared from no-where.

I was wondering if this kind of phenomena has a particular name, or if anyone has had any experience or ideas as to what caused this? Also, I'm not sure if it's relevant - but two days ago we had to put down our beloved dog that we kept for fourteen years. The dog was very special, as I grew up with her, and I'm currently carrying a lot of guilt about the way the vet handled her and that I didn't properly say goodbye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - as a science undergraduate, this has completely rocked my world.

Eden.

I dont think this is paranormal.

It sounds to me like a strong electomagnetic field caused your phone and electric appliance to make a noise. If it occured at the sight of the glass table (perhaps due to a large static discharge) perhaps it caused a chemical reaction which leads to water.

The ghost of your dog peed on the table to get back at you and you tasted it.......jk

Is your ceiling dark colored maybe you just didnt notice the spot?

Ewww I bet the cat peed on the table but a sweet taste and pleasant aroma weird. Someone split the ice tea and didn't fess up I bet.

To be serious I have no idea as the paranormal has yet to make a house call on me and I'm getting tiered of waiting LoL.

I did watch the movie last night called "1408" and well that would definitely make me a believer yikes.

Absolutely, I wanted to know what the hell it was!

The only substance I was worried about was Radionuclide Polonium-210.

The ghost of your dog peed on the table to get back at you and you tasted it.......jk

Is your ceiling dark colored maybe you just didnt notice the spot?

Actually, the dog was exiled to the yard for regularly peeing over the carpet. It could be revenge from the grave - but nada, the roof was completely dry.

Ewww I bet the cat peed on the table but a sweet taste and pleasant aroma weird. Someone split the ice tea and didn't fess up I bet.

To be serious I have no idea as the paranormal has yet to make a house call on me and I'm getting tiered of waiting LoL.

I did watch the movie last night called "1408" and well that would definitely make me a believer yikes.

I (now) no longer have pets and live alone. But I guess my ghost dog could have peed on the table. That movie also scared the **** out of me.

I agree, brave water taster... and also... you have a... pretty specific concern there, with the Radio Polo whatever...

At any rate, if things occurred exactly as described, and the puddle was really not present prior to you noticing it while sitting there, barring misidentification or misremembering, etc., the only thing that occurs to me offhand is what some researchers have termed apportation, which as you might imagine, is a fancy way of saying "Hey, something just appeared out of nowhere!"

Though I am reluctant to actually suggest a possibility to you that I fear you may unconsciously internalize, in some haunting or poltergeist cases, many things have disappeared and/or reappeared, including tools and utensils, books, jewelry and countless other knick-knacks, as well as the appearance in enough cases that it is not highly unusual, of areas of water, of varying quantity/amounts, with no apparent or knowable cause. If viewed in this light, of the hypothetical I mention, it would not be surprising for other noises or related phenomena to accompany the water.

It would be good if this is not the case and it was simple misidentification or bad memory and coincidence and there is, as far as I can tell, no reason to make any assumptions or draw definite conclusions that any of this is necessarily paranormal and I would urge you to continue considering the issue in a mundane light, but you did ask about terms and possibilities.

You could always contact your nearest plumber and tell him about this. If your mobile phone went off mysetiously then perhaps it was triggered by water. It it a water-proof phone?

I once lived in a ground-floor apartment where something like this happened several times, leaving small puddles of water on my kitchen table. The resident handyman investigated and found that there was a tiny leak in a water line of the second-floor apartment above mine. Whenever that person used her kitchen faucet, a tiny amount of water trickled out of the water line, ran along an electrical conduit and dripped down onto my kitchen table from the overhead light fixture. The handyman said that was potentially a dangerous thing, since water and electricity, notoriously, do not mix safely. If I were you I would check out the nearest overhead light fixture, and I would definitely call a plumber to make sure that all your water lines are intact.

To check for radionuclide polonium 210, however, you'll need to acquire a Geiger counter. . . .

I once lived in a ground-floor apartment where something like this happened several times, leaving small puddles of water on my kitchen table. The resident handyman investigated and found that there was a tiny leak in a water line of the second-floor apartment above mine. Whenever that person used her kitchen faucet, a tiny amount of water trickled out of the water line, ran along an electrical conduit and dripped down onto my kitchen table from the overhead light fixture. The handyman said that was potentially a dangerous thing, since water and electricity, notoriously, do not mix safely. If I were you I would check out the nearest overhead light fixture, and I would definitely call a plumber to make sure that all your water lines are intact.

To check for radionuclide polonium 210, however, you'll need to acquire a Geiger counter. . . .

That happened to me in a flat I lived in as a student; on one occasion, there was water actually running down the lightbulb. You're right it's not a good mix so it's best to get any light fittings in the vicinity checked!

Sounds interesting. But reading the posts about water running from lights I would definitely have an electrician check it out.

Eden, the phenomenon you have described has happened to me twice. I work in the construction industry, and was a plumber for 11 years. I say that to qualify the fact that I can 100% guarantee that neither instance of this this phenomenon that I experienced was the result of a plumbing or roof leak.

The first time this happened I had been up late on the computer, went to bed about 2 a.m. I woke up at 6 a.m. (4 hours later) and went to check my email and my keyboard was completely full to the brim with water and the water had even apparently overflowed onto the desk and floor as well. It had not rained overnight, so it could not have been a roof leak ( I checked the roof and attic anyway with no signs of water damage or moisture), and there was NO plumbing in the attic of this house and I was the only resident of the house. There is literally nowhere the water could have come from, especially this volume, must have been a gallon or more.

The second time it happened I woke up in the morning and went to feed my fish which live in a 10 gallon tank. I noticed that the water was half gone, five gallons of water had disappeared overnight! I thought at first that the tank must have a leak. Upon inspection there was absoultely no water on the glass stand upon which it sits, and the carpet below was completely dry, no sign of the missing water. I was completely stumped as to where the water could have gone. I went ahead and got ready for work and went to to leave when I stepped into a huge puddle of water on the hardwood floor just inside the front door to the house. Again no plumbing nearby and no rain overnight, and the fish tank is located 2 rooms away. The first instance of mystery water immediately popped into my head, and it really tripped me out. Again, I lived alone with no pets other than the fish. The only explanation I can come up with is that someone could have picked my front door deadbolt lock and doorknob lock and came in to scoop half the fish water into a bucket and dump it into my front entrance, and then let themselves out once again picking the deadbolt from the outside to relock the door, all of this without waking me......and I really, really, really doubt that happened.

Edited by ever elusive