Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air France

Mr.United_Nations

I think it hit a UFO...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal Light

• Raptor Witness

• MARAB0D

• MirrorImage

We'll never get the black box back, either. plane crashed at a location where the depth is 2+ miles.

No doubt part of the aliens plans to conceal their actions from us.

When they eat the plane don't they swallow it whole? :unsure2:

When they eat the plane don't they swallow it whole? :unsure2:

Just an urban legend. Everyone knows they're messy eaters. Probably left such a mess it's completely impossible to say if aliens were involved, or if a giant passenger jet slammed right into an ocea...oh.

i will tell you what happened.

the plane stopped acheiving controllable lift, and fell from the sky crashing into the water killing all aboard, except that baby which managed to crawl to a life raft and will be found ten years from now on a deserted island.

I have casually read some early speculation that both pilots may of fallen asleep as they crossed into a storm. Apparently it's fairly routine for one pilot to sleep on these flights while the other stays vigilant. It's easy to see on a long very boring flight how easy it would be for both pilots to fall asleep. While this might not normally be a problem with autopilot, or cause any harm for short periods; they could have penetrated a thunderstorm before experiencing heavy turbulence, waking them up. By the time they realized they were inside, it was too late to fly around the storm.

Anyone who has flown through thunderstorm turbulence knows how rocky it can be, and how sudden the updrafts/down-drafts can jolt the whole plane. I recall one time flying near a rapidly intensifying thunderstorm. While we were flying around the main body of the storm cell, an adjacent part of storm exploded underneath us, and we were caught in the jaws of the beast. The pilot calmly telling us that it was no big deal that were were being tossed around like rag dolls.

Edited by Raptor Witness

An 11 year old child flying alone, unaccompanied. How scared he must have been. Poor child.

It does sound then, from what the Pilot says, that there could have been an explosion...

The pilots never said any thing actually and without the Blk boxes we may never know ,other than such a sad loss of life,and I hope they all went very fast.

At those alt`s and speeds a major structural failure and decompression is in its self an explosion.

This is why only time will tell if they ever find the boxes.

My prayers to all the people involved.

It will in the end make Air travel safer now theres a new thing to watch for.

Well if the plane blew up then I wouldn't think there would be any fuel for the searchers to find. Sounds more likely that it broke apart.

Well if the plane blew up then I wouldn't think there would be any fuel for the searchers to find. Sounds more likely that it broke apart.
That was one of the first things that sort of stood out ot me when I first heard that they had found TWO debre fields. It made me think that it broke up in flight for some reason or another. I don't know that a bomb or something like that would necessisarily burn up all the fuel though, it does sort of seem like it would or at least a good bit of it.

I know from my flying lesson days that a lot of larger airliners dump their fuel when they are too heavy to land and that it generally evaporates into the air. So, for there to be a field of fuel on the water, that sort of indicates that it would have broken up at a relatively low altitude to me.

Anyway, maybe the light that they saw was a large spark or a small explosion that caused the plane to break up at or just above the water. Now, my question is, why would they be flying that low to start with?

Ok whos making rediculas statements and derailing a thread now? :P

On topic once more, debris is being found from the plane

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0604/airfrance.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5501PB20090604

All in all a very sad event.

That was one of the first things that sort of stood out ot me when I first heard that they had found TWO debre fields. It made me think that it broke up in flight for some reason or another. I don't know that a bomb or something like that would necessisarily burn up all the fuel though, it does sort of seem like it would or at least a good bit of it.

I know from my flying lesson days that a lot of larger airliners dump their fuel when they are too heavy to land and that it generally evaporates into the air. So, for there to be a field of fuel on the water, that sort of indicates that it would have broken up at a relatively low altitude to me.

Anyway, maybe the light that they saw was a large spark or a small explosion that caused the plane to break up at or just above the water. Now, my question is, why would they be flying that low to start with?

Could a lighting strike have taken out the nav systems causing them to fly lower than they intended and a secondary strike, or electric fire on board have blown it up?

Could a lighting strike have taken out the nav systems
Depending on the type that they were using, and I'd assume they were using a fairly modern electric navigatin system, yes, it could but, it would be unlikly. Since a plane in flight is not touching the ground, lightening usually will pass right through and not do any real damage. I've seen planes that were struck by lightening here where I live and normally, all they get is a small burn hole in their wings or some scorch marks. It could, however, short out or totally fry a nav system.

....causing them to fly lower than they intended
Most aircraft use an altimeter that is air pressure driven. If you've ever heard on a movie or somthing where they'll say "altimeter set to ....." that is what they are refering to. The pilot sets the altimeter to a given setting that is based on the barametric pressure at the air port and then will either reset it to 29.95 above a certain altitude. Being that it is pressure driven, it would not be affected by electricity. Now, on some modern aircraft, they have what they call a glass cockpit. All that means is that all the instruments are on a computer moniter rather than having all the little dials. In that case, if the electronics are shorted out by the lightening strike, yeah, it cuold leave them with no idea how high they are, how fast they are going, what direction they are flying in and even rather the plane is right side up or not.

and a secondary strike, or electric fire on board have blown it up?
Probably not but, it is possible. Of course, being that they had not been flying for too long, most of the tanks would haev been full of fuel in liquid form. Someone else could maybe explain this part better than me but, liquid fuel isn't as explosive as fuel vapors like you might have in the tanks when they start to run low.

A good example of that is flight 800 that blew up over the Atlantic in route from the U.S to France a number of years ago. The "official" cause was an electrical spark from a worn wire in the tank itself. It ignited the vapors andblew the front of the plane off.

I don't recall a lot of the details of that crash right off the top of my head but, the more that I hear of this one, the more it sounds like the official story of Flt 800. To be fair though, there have always been a lot of folks that question that official story and insist that it was accidentally shot down by a US naval vessel.

:tsu: On a side note, MirrorImage, that is probably the most intelligent aviation question that I have heard yet from a non-pilot on this site! I'm sure that a lot of folks are already blaming "air pockets" or something silly. :tsu: 2u!

The pilots never said any thing actually and without the Blk boxes we may never know ,other than such a sad loss of life,and I hope they all went very fast.

At those alt`s and speeds a major structural failure and decompression is in its self an explosion.

This is why only time will tell if they ever find the boxes.

My prayers to all the people involved.

It will in the end make Air travel safer now theres a new thing to watch for.

I know those Pilots didn't say anything... I was talking about the Pilot who spoke on the newsclip., who said that he'd seen a white light.

Depending on the type that they were using, and I'd assume they were using a fairly modern electric navigatin system, yes, it could but, it would be unlikly. Since a plane in flight is not touching the ground, lightening usually will pass right through and not do any real damage. I've seen planes that were struck by lightening here where I live and normally, all they get is a small burn hole in their wings or some scorch marks. It could, however, short out or totally fry a nav system.

Most aircraft use an altimeter that is air pressure driven. If you've ever heard on a movie or somthing where they'll say "altimeter set to ....." that is what they are refering to. The pilot sets the altimeter to a given setting that is based on the barametric pressure at the air port and then will either reset it to 29.95 above a certain altitude. Being that it is pressure driven, it would not be affected by electricity. Now, on some modern aircraft, they have what they call a glass cockpit. All that means is that all the instruments are on a computer moniter rather than having all the little dials. In that case, if the electronics are shorted out by the lightening strike, yeah, it cuold leave them with no idea how high they are, how fast they are going, what direction they are flying in and even rather the plane is right side up or not.

Probably not but, it is possible. Of course, being that they had not been flying for too long, most of the tanks would haev been full of fuel in liquid form. Someone else could maybe explain this part better than me but, liquid fuel isn't as explosive as fuel vapors like you might have in the tanks when they start to run low.

A good example of that is flight 800 that blew up over the Atlantic in route from the U.S to France a number of years ago. The "official" cause was an electrical spark from a worn wire in the tank itself. It ignited the vapors andblew the front of the plane off.

I don't recall a lot of the details of that crash right off the top of my head but, the more that I hear of this one, the more it sounds like the official story of Flt 800. To be fair though, there have always been a lot of folks that question that official story and insist that it was accidentally shot down by a US naval vessel.

:tsu: On a side note, MirrorImage, that is probably the most intelligent aviation question that I have heard yet from a non-pilot on this site! I'm sure that a lot of folks are already blaming "air pockets" or something silly. :tsu: 2u!

Ok so ruling those two out, my next most likely suspects are a sudden downburst or microburst. Getting pounded by a series of them could pretty well demolish even a large plane under the wrong circumstances.

As I said before, one of the possibilities is that the plain has got into an other dimension. Not very far from Bermuda do to a huge magnetic force that takes any ’ship’ to another dimension / planet. By the Philadelphia experiment was proved, that even ’small’ magnetic fields wore able to invisibly transport huge objects. It also can be related to the Atlantis survivals building spacecrafts, also based on magnetic impulses, fiction or reality? Lets wait.

Edited by Supergladiator

Pilot saw 'white light' where Air France was lost

Is it just me, or is this like LOST gone real? :blink: Sounds strange...

He describes something like an explosion - a very bright white flash falling vertically down and separating in several smaller flashes... Meanwhile the BBC says debris discovered are NOT from the plane, as Brazilians found a wooden pallet there, and the plane did not have them on board. They also say that while some water seems to be containing something like aircraft fuel, the long spot previously reported was NOT an aircraft fuel but most likely a trace of some ship. Mystery!

As I said before, one of the possibilities is that the plain has got into an other dimension. Not very far from Bermuda do to a huge magnetic force that takes any ’ship’ to another dimension / planet. By the Philadelphia experiment was proved, that even ’small’ magnetic fields wore able to invisibly transport huge objects. It also can be related to the Atlantis survivals building spacecrafts, also based on magnetic impulses, fiction or reality? Lets wait.

Again ,they HAVE found pieces of the wreckage and AGAIN, its a LONG way from the Bermuda Triangle.

Even though I know the chances of you actually reading and believing the following news sources is slim, here are some recent reports on the crash.

Debris confirms crash of Air France Flight 447

can confirm that the five kilometers of debris are those of the Air France plane," Defense Minister Nelson Jobim told reporters at a hushed press conference in Rio. He said no bodies had been found and there was no sign of life.

First Wreckage From Air France Flight Recovered

FERNANDO DE NORONHA, Brazil (AP) - Brazil's air force says a helicopter crew recovered the first wreckage from Air France Flight 447. A structural support piece of the jet about eight feet (2.5 meters) long was fished from the ocean. It was found about 340 miles (550 kilometers) northeast of Brazil's northern Fernando de Noronha islands.

Edited by MirrorImage

I should think that a good few of us here at UM believe that there is summat mighty strange going on over at the Bermuda Triangle, but, to my knowledge there has never been any debris found to planes and ships that have disappeared there... I'm sure someone will jump on me from a great height with deatails to the contrary, should it be otherwise so. lol

Here, in this particular case, on the other hand, there has been some debris found, and, over here we had newscasts last night on TV news programs that showed oil slicks in the general area of where the plane was thought to have gone down. I think this is clearly a tragic accident.

Edited by Eternal Light

He describes something like an explosion - a very bright white flash falling vertically down and separating in several smaller flashes... Meanwhile the BBC says debris discovered are NOT from the plane, as Brazilians found a wooden pallet there, and the plane did not have them on board. They also say that while some water seems to be containing something like aircraft fuel, the long spot previously reported was NOT an aircraft fuel but most likely a trace of some ship. Mystery!

Ahh... didn't see this post before posting mine. So, things appear to have developed now. Ok, just reporting what I last knew. sorry.

I should think that a good few of us here at UM believe that there is summat mighty strange going on over at the Bermuda Triangle, but, to my knowledge there has never been any debris found to planes and ships that have disappeared there... I'm sure someone will jump on me from a great height with deatails to the contrary, should it be otherwise so. lol

Here, in this particular case, on the other hand, there has been some debris found, and, over here we had newscasts last night on TV news programs that showed oil slicks in the general area of where the plane was thought to have gone down. I think this is clearly a tragic accident.

This actually can provide a solution to the world crisis, as all impoverished and unemployed can be sent to the same dimension and thus relieve the governments of all worries.

Sorry for sounding silly w/this, (been out of the loop for a while, still off kilter) but in this day and age can lightning take down a huge plane like this one? And does this section of the Atlantic have any kind of history of oddness? I've flown to London & back several times so I'm thinking this might be the same oceanic route to Paris, I remember even without knowing where we were, I'd get a weird feeling at a certain point over the Atlantic, even if I was asleep, I'd wake up.

Just throwing that out there. :wacko:

SEE! I told y'all I was off my balance beam! The route I took from either JFK or O'Hare & even Atlanta wouldn't have me over the same spot as a route from Brazil.

The 4-barrels will kick in sooner or later...

Sorry for sounding silly w/this, (been out of the loop for a while, still off kilter) but in this day and age can lightning take down a huge plane like this one? And does this section of the Atlantic have any kind of history of oddness? I've flown to London & back several times so I'm thinking this might be the same oceanic route to Paris, I remember even without knowing where we were, I'd get a weird feeling at a certain point over the Atlantic, even if I was asleep, I'd wake up.

Just throwing that out there. :wacko:

Last year Aeroflot plane (maybe A300 or Boeing, dont remember) entered the thunderstorm front over Ukraine and crashed, killing the lot on board.

Modern planes are NOT like they were in 60s and 70s. Those had a bullet-proof electronics, based on the valves and transistors, which can survive nuclear explosion. Modern planes rely on computer gear, which fails at any power surge. Mind you, they say a mobile phone or laptop working can down a plane, what do you expect from a lightning bolt?