Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air France

Mr.United_Nations

Last year Aeroflot plane (maybe A300 or Boeing, dont remember) entered the thunderstorm front over Ukraine and crashed, killing the lot on board.

Modern planes are NOT like they were in 60s and 70s. Those had a bullet-proof electronics, based on the valves and transistors, which can survive nuclear explosion. Modern planes rely on computer gear, which fails at any power surge. Mind you, they say a mobile phone or laptop working can down a plane, what do you expect from a lightning bolt?

Thank you. I've read articles & arguments for both sides, but to me, saying a plane is lightning proof (or whatever other catastrophe) is like the men who claimed the Titanic was unsinkable.

Not to complicate a budding conspiracy/paranormal path, but apparently, throughout history there has been a wide variation in the size & shape of the infamous 'Bermuda Triangle'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Triangles1.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal Light

• Raptor Witness

• MARAB0D

• MirrorImage

Stoopid broadband froze up & double posted.

Somebody did something. Or something.

Edited by BlondiGeist

Yep. Been there, ain't it a b*tch?

Probably just a lightning bolt :)

What happened to the plane?

It was due to to land at Paris but never did.

Search and Rescue teams have been sent by boat and air and still nothing.

What do you think happened to it? Aliens?

LOL

Yep. Been there, ain't it a b*tch?

Tis quite. ;)

Probably just a lightning bolt :)

Which reminds me, no survivors means they can't tell us if they saw a little Witch Doctor sitting on the wing before it went down! :blink:

Which reminds me, no survivors means they can't tell us if they saw a little Witch Doctor sitting on the wing before it went down! :blink:

Hardly! The gremlins now are all of nano-size, to match the equipment they spoil. I am actually losing the trust in modern achievements, as a simple crop-duster is safer than any modern jet. Of course it is anyway better to move on a donkey - thats where the witch-doctor may show the efficiency!

I usually don’t do this, but for those here making fun of this accident, you all should have more respect for the lost lives of those men, woman and children. It is something sad and has nothing funny on it. It was a tragedy due to weather and mechanical problems and there is no ******g alien or hand of God or whatever freaking excuse to this.

If this thread is open so ppl can make fun of those who died, it should be closed right now.

I usually don’t do this, but for those here making fun of this accident, you all should have more respect for the lost lives of those men, woman and children. It is something sad and has nothing funny on it. It was a tragedy due to weather and mechanical problems and there is no ******g alien or hand of God or whatever freaking excuse to this.

If this thread is open so ppl can make fun of those who died, it should be closed right now.

I've made this point myself, a couple of times in this thread. It's bad when a soul has no empathy.

Just read that the debris they found wasn't actually from the plane? Something about wooden pallets and the plane not having them on board.

Yahoo Story

Strange. It's sad that they can't figure out what happened and bring some closure. I feel bad for the families.

As I said before, one of the possibilities is that the plain has got into an other dimension. Not very far from Bermuda do to a huge magnetic force that takes any ’ship’ to another dimension / planet. By the Philadelphia experiment was proved, that even ’small’ magnetic fields wore able to invisibly transport huge objects. It also can be related to the Atlantis survivals building spacecrafts, also based on magnetic impulses, fiction or reality? Lets wait.

In addition to the news stories posted above, the following maps show that the plane was no where near the Triangle

Flight 447 Route Map

linked-image

FLight 447 Route Map showing Bermuda Triangle

linked-image

Map I used to get my location of the triangle for the purpose of editing the above

linked-image

With that said, I agree with the others, we are forgetting the reality of this tragedy.

As I said before, one of the possibilities is that the plain has got into an other dimension. Not very far from Bermuda do to a huge magnetic force that takes any ’ship’ to another dimension / planet. By the Philadelphia experiment was proved, that even ’small’ magnetic fields wore able to invisibly transport huge objects. It also can be related to the Atlantis survivals building spacecrafts, also based on magnetic impulses, fiction or reality? Lets wait.

You cannot be serious! The Philadelphia Experiemnt has never been proved, to my knowledge. You are going to have to supply a link for that, because I think it will interest a lot of skeptics here.

I shall apologise if'n I am wrong, butI do not think that something like the Philadelphia Experiment, even if proved, would be 'unclassified.'

Debris 'not from Air France jet'

Debris recovered from the Atlantic by Brazilian search teams is "sea trash" and not from a lost Air France jet, a Brazilian air force official has said.

Brig Ramon Borges Cardoso contradicted earlier reports, saying "no material from the plane has been recovered".

Teams found buoys and a wooden pallet and spotted a fuel slick, and are now searching for an airline seat and a chunk of metal seen earlier this week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8083474.stm

Im wondering what the chances are that the jet was mostly intact when it went down, and it some how filled with water and sank with out leaving much behind.

Ok so ruling those two out, my next most likely suspects are a sudden downburst or microburst. Getting pounded by a series of them could pretty well demolish even a large plane under the wrong circumstances.
I'd buy that one. Downbursts can be super strong and even tear up things when they hit the ground. They are often mistaken for tornados when they happen at dark and no one can really see what is causing it. I've heard of them slapping large aircraft down like a gorilla swating a fly. Never actually seen it, mind you, but, I have heard of it.

When I was just getting started with my flying lessons, my instructor took me up in front of a storm front to give me a feel for some "really bad air". I was totally astounded by just how much power a small storm can have. Now, just imagine that multiplied by a hundred times out over the ocean and you can get an idea of what the wind can do.

I'm really not much on that Bermuca UL thingy. There are just too many things that could "dissappear" a ship or a plane and to blame it on "Atlantis", "Aliens" or deisel powered chickens is a bit of a stretch for me. Also, like was mentioned a whie back, it vanished thousands of miles from the Bermuca Triangle anyway. Do take note, insurance companies do not charge hirer premiums on ships and airliners that cross the BT than the ones that don't. Now, if it really was all that mysterious and dangerous, wouldn't they be a little more leary of risking cold hard cash on it?

Just my two cents.

Im wondering what the chances are that the jet was mostly intact when it went down, and it some how filled with water and sank with out leaving much behind.

it does seem like a possibility doesn't it?

Given that the descent was supposed to be from the altitude of over 10 km, it seems unlikely, unless the pilots landed it on the water - but there were storm waves for sure.

Recent reports officially published claims that the plane parted into two peices due to the irresponsible maintainance of speeds that has not been regulated by travel assaociation by the pilot and the captain

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Bermuda Triangle?

The plane went down off the horn of Brazil. That's not the right continent. It's not even in the right hemisphere.

aquatus1,

Mystery do not start or ends by Bermuda or Japan. Mystery is all around us, even here at this forum. Bermuda is referred by its magnetic fields, but just like UFOS can be seeing all around the world, unexplained situations well be everywhere. Just because common human understandings capacity can’t always see everything there is to be seeing. that’s way we are here.

Lets take a look from the mystical point of view.

I was at the Estonia before it sank in 1996 (I still have the original board ticket). I wasn’t able to change an important date abroad, for that I had to take an early trip then the one I was intending to. Some years later I woke up (about 10 am) and knew that some major accident took place (because a dream I had) when I turned the radio on, nothing was there, but at 11 am, as I was at small store, and the radio was on I hear for the first time about the events. Germany had a major railway accident.

Those apparently separated disasters do not seam to be connected, but to me they do.

The skeptics will look at the ’technical’ part of the stories, as the psychics do to the ones beyond that.

This is way you will take it from your point of view as ‘skeptic’ in a different way then I do, we just use different methods and measures to interpret situations. Your position is ‘safe’ mine is ’risky’.

How come the location beacon isnt sending out signals. these beacons can still send out a signal from the depths of the ocean. also. a British woman whose husband was on the flight said she phoned his mobile phone after the plane disappeared and the mobile rang?

Edited by stevewinn

How come the location beacon isnt sending out signals. these beacons can still send out a signal from the depths of the ocean. also. a British woman whose husband was on the flight said she phoned his mobile phone after the plane disappeared and the mobile rang?

The black box does send out signals when submerged in water, at a rate of once every second for 30 days. But I guess it's more about finding the signal, the area is so vast that it may take much longer than those 30 days to stumble upon the actual location.

Efforts are now focusing on the two sonar beacons - or "pingers" - attached to the flight's data recorders boxes, the BBC's Hugh Schofield reports from Paris.

But at the news conference, a spokesman for France's accident investigation bureau said there was no guarantee the beacons were still attached to the flight recorders.

He said, given the likely force of the impact of a crash, they could easily have become separated.

-BBC Website

Edited by TheResearcher

The black box does send out signals when submerged in water, at a rate of once every second for 30 days. But I guess it's more about finding the signal, the area is so vast that it may take much longer than those 30 days to stumble upon the actual location.

-BBC Website

cheers for that, its a right how'd'ye do isn't it. The US or even the UK or someone must have a war ship near the area. which could be sent to help in the search, debris signals etc... something fishy is going on. and i first thought this when the French president rather quickly admitted the plane was lost and all souls on-board. :hmm:

you heard or seen anything about the woman who phoned her husbands mobile?

aquatus1,

Mystery do not start or ends by Bermuda or Japan. Mystery is all around us, even here at this forum.

Yes, mysteries are indeed all around us. All the more reason to stop wasting your time on non-mysteries.

Bermuda is referred by its magnetic fields, but just like UFOS can be seeing all around the world, unexplained situations well be everywhere.

Nonsense. Bermuda is referred to by it's location. A location, incidentally, that I worked in for two years aboard an ocean-going tug.

There are no anomalous magnetic fields around Bermuda. There is nothing unusual about the area beyond the typical mysteries of the ocean. I'm not telling you that as a skeptic. I'm telling you that as one who actually lived there.

Just because common human understandings capacity can’t always see everything there is to be seeing. that’s way we are here.

Some of us are here to keep the ones who believe they have some uncommon understanding from floating too far off the ground.

Lets take a look from the mystical point of view.

I was at the Estonia before it sank in 1996 (I still have the original board ticket). I wasn’t able to change an important date abroad, for that I had to take an early trip then the one I was intending to. Some years later I woke up (about 10 am) and knew that some major accident took place (because a dream I had) when I turned the radio on, nothing was there, but at 11 am, as I was at small store, and the radio was on I hear for the first time about the events. Germany had a major railway accident.

Those apparently separated disasters do not seam to be connected, but to me they do.

Yes, the beauty of randomness is that it works so well with the innate human bias towards finding patterns.

The skeptics will look at the ’technical’ part of the stories, as the psychics do to the ones beyond that.

Yes. It keeps us from making embarrassing mistakes like saying that an accident happened near the Bermuda Triangle when it actually happened about 3000 miles away.

Incidentally, is part of your technique referring by name to a physical area, but instead using that physical area to refer to a metaphysical concept? 'Cause, from this side, it sounds an awful lot like an awkward attempt to cover a mistake.

This is way you will take it from your point of view as ‘skeptic’ in a different way then I do, we just use different methods and measures to interpret situations. Your position is ‘safe’ mine is ’risky’.

Risky?

Making things up isn't risky. How risky can something be if it can never be shown to be wrong? Asides from the occasional ego-bruise when you make a somewhat glaring mistake, you aren't risking anything at all. Heck, you aren't even risking credibility, as such unsupported conclusions are considered par for the course in this field.

If you want to take a risk, then you need to do some research, make connections, support those connections with evidence of an objective and logical nature, and then present them to the scrutiny of your peers. Having done that, you risk putting all your work, your sweat, your emotional investment, up to public ridicule, acclaim, or indifference. At that point, your credibility as a researcher (credibility far more difficult to come by and far easier to lose than credibility as a psychic...would "speculator" be the right word?), your credibility as a researcher is being put up to cover you gamble. That is a risk.

If you haven't invested anything, you aren't risking anything.

[bodies of two Air France passengers found] - CNN 6-6-09

RECIFE, Brazil (CNN) -- A Brazilian navy frigate navigated deep waters of the Atlantic on Saturday, carrying the bodies of two men confirmed as passengers of an Air France plane that crashed nearly a week earlier.

A search vessel steams past a marker and debris in the Atlantic Ocean on Saturday.

A search vessel steams past a marker and debris in the Atlantic Ocean on Saturday.

The bodies, discovered along with several items from the plane earlier in the day, were being transported by the Constituicao Frigate roughly 675 kilometers (420 miles) southward to Fernando de Noronha, an archipelago of volcanic islands in the Atlantic Ocean, said Col. Henry Munhoz, spokesman for the Brazilian air force.

From there, they will be flown another 355 kilometers (220 miles) to the northern Brazilian city of Recife, Munhoz said. The bodies will be examined by Brazilian forensics experts for identification.

Air France 447 vanished over the Atlantic early Monday en route from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Paris, France, with 228 passengers and crew aboard.

The discoveries on Saturday provided new-found hope to anxious relatives awaiting news.

"When I heard about this accident, they told us there were no bodies, no pieces of the plane," Nelson Faria Marinho, the father of a missing passenger, told Globo News television in Rio de Janeiro.

"Now, it's all surfacing," he said. "We have pieces of the airplane. We have bodies. This renews my hope. As a father, I can't think of the worst. I couldn't." Video Watch President Obama talk about the tragedy »

Also found Saturday were a backpack and a leather briefcase containing an airplane ticket with a reservation code, which Air France verified belonged to a passenger on the jet, another air force spokesman, Jorge Amaral, told CNN.

The Brazilian navy and air force officials said the backpack contained a laptop, and an oxygen mask also was discovered.

The serial number on a blue seat is still being cross checked to determine whether it belonged to the Air France plane.

The items were spotted in the Atlantic by a search plane about 4 a.m. (3 a.m. ET). The search area was widened to cover 200,000 square kilometers (77,220 square miles) -- an area roughly the size of Nebraska. Map of Flight 447's flight path » ... cont. at link above.

Edited by Raptor Witness