Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can pyramids be built today?

Alchera

I have heard the claim that pyramids could not be built by modern technology and it always perplexes me. Sureley we could build a pyramid with sufficient funding.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Admiral Danger

• Alchera

• The Silver Thong

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the claim that pyramids could not be built by modern technology and it always perplexes me. Sureley we could build a pyramid with sufficient funding.

Of course we can but you said the magic word - funding.

Besides, why would we want to?

Dubai is having a blast building all kinds of cool stuff.

:)

HN

Maybe some rich guy will build one in his honour. :P

Of course we can but you said the magic word - funding.

Besides, why would we want to?

Dubai is having a blast building all kinds of cool stuff.

:)

HN

Slaves arn't cheap these days either ;)

I wonder though, are there any structures we have built in the last couple hundred years that can stand the test of time the pyramids have hmmmm I can't think of any except maybe the Hover dam.

Well, I hope these survive. Imagine if aliens show up 10,000 years from now and the humans are gone. What are they going to make of some of our leavings?

:P

linked-image

HN

I've stayed at the Luxor in Vegas a couple of times... looked like a pyramid to me. (not too mention, it has to be one of the noisiest hotels on the strip... sound just ECHOES in there)

Can we build a pyramid like the Giza strip pyramids? Without modern tools and heavy equipment? Probably, but why would we want to? Who wants to pay a hundred thousand workers and craftsmen to do that kind of backbreaking work for the next 20 years? Sounds like a waste of money. Could we do it in a few years with modern tools? I'd wager well that we could.

Well, I hope these survive. Imagine if aliens show up 10,000 years from now and the humans are gone. What are they going to make of some of our leavings?

:P

linked-image

HN

I doubt there would be much evidence left of modern man's occupation. He builds with shoddy material.

I like Life Without People ! great show.

we can build pyramids, but if its the ones like the egyptian pyramids then it will take a while and cost alot to build. and to find the suitable materials for it. so its a yes but no one will be likely to build another.

We surely could. In fact, here's a fellow who was specifically asked to estimate such a project. It makes for an interesting read.

Dockside Consultants

if your talking about pyramids in general here are some pics :)

las vagas

linked-image

and theres one of an idea they wanted in tokyo.

linked-image

i think that was the right pic :huh: they also had an idea for a skyscraper city, thats japan for you :)