Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John titor - opinions as for June 2009

jordiver

Hi, i dont know if this is the good place for this post, just couldnt fit it anywhere else. If you need to move it to another forum please feel free and again, sorry for the error.

Well, ive been lately reading about this guy's story and ive gone through all the emails he wrote just to be sure i have an opinion on it based in all the things he wrote. I know this may have been discussed over and over again but id like some of your actual opinions, based on the time from when this was written to this date June 2009 and how believable his story/ideas are to you.

As for myself, at first i thought it was just bull from someone wanting to make mess up everyones head, but after some reading on his comments i must admit im open to think it might be true. Of course, there is no way to prove it and ive always been a huge terminator fan and have read some interesting scientific articles about the subject. My higher concerns are on the multiple-world theory and as a scientist way of thinking i do think i just cannot say NO to such theory which has been theorised alot in the last 50 years.

Although some of his "prophecies" about mad cow desease and world war's are not as important nowadays as he said, again the multiple-world theory can always assume our timeline is not exactly his, so trying to demonstrate his fake by this is a long-never-ending discussion.

Most of what he says back in 2000-2001 (not the details but the general background idea) is something im feeling its happening in the world nowadays, such as overpopulation, nuclear war expectations and the upcoming events on the arabic world.

Right now i cant say yes or no that easily so i would like some of your opinions in order to get a clear picture in case im missing some information about the case.

So, opinions??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• OldTimeRadio

• Ins0mniac

• jordiver

John Titor stuff is always fun to read, but I don't think any of his 'prophecies' have born fruit.

People have been concerned with over population, events in the arabic world for centuries....Nuclear war for only a few decades...but it's all the same.

It's an interesting mental exercise to think about multiple time lines, but it's also a very convenient way to never have to have any proof whatsoever....

Pop us up a link to his "prophesies"?

thanks

HN

I'm not a believer in the John Titor story, but it is a cool story even if it is a hoax. It would make a good movie.

Have any of Titor's predictions (though since he is/was a time traveller I suppose we should call them memories? :)) ever come true?

Have any of Titor's predictions (though since he is/was a time traveller I suppose we should call them memories? :)) ever come true?

Well having said that there would be civil war in 2004 in the US I think he can be dismissed.

John Titor Predictions

I see no reason why anyone would believe him.

Since Titor attempted to validate his credentials as a time traveler from 2036 by revealing that there would be massive civil unrest in the United States in 2004, no Olympics in either 2004 or 2008, and that a Second Civil War would erupt in 2008, we've have to be idiots to believe anything he claims will transpire in 2011 or 2015.

Edited by OldTimeRadio

Well I read a few articles, somehow this one just makes me feel slightly better.

Three physicists have reexamined the math surrounding the creation of microscopic black Colliderholes in the Switzerland-based LHC, the world's largest particle collider, and determined that they won't simply evaporate in a millisecond as had previously been predicted.

Rather, Roberto Casadio of the University of Bologna in Italy and Sergio Fabi and Benjamin Harms of the University of Alabama say mini black holes could exist for much longer — perhaps even more than a second, a relative eternity in particle colliders, where most objects decay much faster.

Under such long-lived conditions, it becomes a race between how fast a black hole can decay — and how fast it can gobble up matter to grow bigger and prevent itself from decaying.

Casadio, Fabi and Harms think the black hole would lose out, and pass through the Earth or out of the atmosphere before it got to be a problem.

It's nice to worry about something else for a change. :tu:

Source: JohnTitor.com

Sorry that was kinda off topic, as for prophecies about the world ending and nuclear wars, there is only one way to avoid them, disable/ destroy all the nukes.

Edited by Blueguardian

You can't immediately write him off because his predictions on the future didn't come true in our particular time line.

The "many worlds theory" (which John Titor hinted at as part of the theory of time travel) suggests that the universe is constantly splitting when more than one outcome can eventuate. So in some universes everything he said happened, could well have happened.

I have to add, a lot of credible scientists are starting to buy into the possibility of the many worlds theory in quantum science. Look up the many world's theory of quantum science. Go ahead and use credible scientific journals if you want. It may still be a young theory but it's not just pseudo-science.

Edited by Ins0mniac

I'm not a believer in the John Titor story, but it is a cool story even if it is a hoax. It would make a good movie.

Indeed... it's a hoax but a great one. Titor had a lot of perfectly reasonable explanations for why his story was unprovable and unverifiable. Good stuff, very entertaining.

But certainly not real.

he reminds of that lady who said aliens were coming in October last year

Well, thx for the comments guys, i think the debate here should not be if titor is real or not but what mostly has me thinking is if the multiple universe timeline thing can in fact be somethng to discover in the future. Ive also read some docs about the string theory and although it just demonstrates through numbers in could be real, there is no way to test it. What intrigues me here is seen so many scientists looking into it.

I dont really know if its pseudo-science or not, but i like how he so quickly says the grandfather paradox to be not correct. Maybe the guy just read too much about this n-dimensions theory and got paranoid, but at least i couldnt find any mayor bug in his reasoning or nothing really incoherent (its said that way??).

You can't immediately write him off because his predictions on the future didn't come true in our particular time line.

The "many worlds theory" (which John Titor hinted at as part of the theory of time travel) suggests that the universe is constantly splitting when more than one outcome can eventuate. So in some universes everything he said happened, could well have happened.

I have to add, a lot of credible scientists are starting to buy into the possibility of the many worlds theory in quantum science. Look up the many world's theory of quantum science. Go ahead and use credible scientific journals if you want. It may still be a young theory but it's not just pseudo-science.

Actually you can completely write it off. That is simply a weak excuse to believe some one posting nonsense for attention or a joke a on the internet nearly 10 years ago.

Actually you can completely write it off. That is simply a weak excuse to believe some one posting nonsense for attention or a joke a on the internet nearly 10 years ago.

Completely write off what? The many world theory of quantum mechanics? You'd better go tell the many scientists around the world studying it then... What's your qualification in quantum science? What's your argument against it? The theory certainly isn't anywhere near watertight. But I'm not sure about "completely writing it off".

I'm not saying John Titor is real. I'm just saying his reasoning on this particular matter makes sense according to one scientific theory out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many_worlds_interpretation

The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics.

It is also known as MWI, the relative state formulation, theory of the universal wavefunction, parallel universes, many-universes interpretation or just many worlds.

Many-worlds denies the objective reality of wavefunction collapse, instead explaining the subjective appearance of wavefunction collapse with the mechanism of quantum decoherence. Many-worlds claims to resolve all of the correlation paradoxes of quantum theory, such as the EPR paradox[1][2], since every possible outcome to every event defines or exists in its own "history" or "world." In layman's terms, this means that there is a very large, perhaps infinite, number of universes and that everything that could possibly happen, or could possibly have happened, in our universe (but doesn't) does happen in some other universe(s).

Edited by Ins0mniac

Completely write off what? The many world theory of quantum physics? You'd better go tell the many scientists around the world studying it then... What's your qualification in quantum science? What's your argument against it?

I'm not saying John Titor is real. But his reasoning on this matter makes sense.

We can completely write off Titor's claims.

It is an interpretation, not a theory and it doesn't have complete acceptance within physics at all. However it still doesn't give any credence to these claims, it is merely an excuse for their demonstrably inaccuracy.

We can because the claims are demonstrably false, write them off.

Edited by Mattshark

It is an interpretation, not a theory and it doesn't have complete acceptance within physics at all. However it still doesn't give any credence to these claims, it is merely an excuse for their demonstrably inaccuracy.

I never said it had complete acceptance within physics at all. And I didn't say it gave any credence to the claims. What I did say, is it shows you can't completely write him off simply for his theories not coming true because he himself argued this point. Which is more or less what you just said, although worded in a different tone. And if you're going to discredit his story, you might wanna use other methods.

I think you're making a big assumption if you assumed I thought this was some kind of proof.

I personally don't have a belief either way whether his story was true or not. But either way, I think it was a damn good read and brought up some interesting ideas.

Edited by Ins0mniac

I never said it had complete acceptance within physics at all. And I didn't say it gave any credence to the claims. What I did say, is it shows you can't completely write him off simply for his theories not coming true because he himself argued this point. Which is more or less what you just said, although worded in a different tone. And if you're going to discredit his story, you might wanna use other methods.

I think you're making a big assumption if you assumed I thought this was some kind of proof.

What I am making a big assumption in writing off Titor's claims because the claims never occurred? No, no I'm really not. I can actually say it is demonstrably false and he can be completely dismissed with out any assumptions. However, claiming he is in another world requires a massive amount of assumption. If want to use a science, you need a scientific argument. This is a pseudo-scientific argument because you need conjecture.

Sorry but he claims never occurred ergo it is discredited, it is not exactly difficult.

What I am making a big assumption in writing off Titor's claims because the claims never occurred? No, no I'm really not. I can actually say it is demonstrably false and he can be completely dismissed with out any assumptions. However, claiming he is in another world requires a massive amount of assumption. If want to use a science, you need a scientific argument. This is a pseudo-scientific argument because you need conjecture.

Sorry but he claims never occurred ergo it is discredited, it is not exactly difficult.

What' pseudo-scientific argument? I didn't provide any argument of proof. Nor did I claim John Titor was telling the truth. That's my point. I was just stating there was a reason he provided for his predictions not coming true. I never said that was proof of anything.

And the assumption I mentioned was the assumption that I was somehow claiming proof of John Titor, which I wasn't.

Anyway, this is getting a little silly, and WAY off topic. So I apologise to everyone.

Edited by Ins0mniac

What' pseudo-scientific argument? I didn't provide any argument of proof. Nor did I claim John Titor was telling the truth. That's my point. I was just stating there was a reason he provided for his predictions not coming true. I never said that was proof of anything.

And the assumption I mentioned was the assumption that I was somehow claiming proof of John Titor, which I wasn't.

I am saying that using MWI to claim that Titor's claims cannot be dismissed is pseudo-scientific because unless there is evidence of this being the case then we can dismiss it. Meaning no assumptions are made by writing of demonstrably false claims.

But by that reasoning NO prophecy or prediction can EVER fail!

"France did indeed sink under the sea on April 1, 2009, exactly as I revealed well in advance. But the events didn't transpire here but on some other parallel world."

But by that reasoning NO prophecy or prediction can EVER fail!

"France did indeed sink under the sea on April 1, 2009, exactly as I revealed well in advance. But the events didn't transpire here but on some other parallel world."

:lol:

Sounds like there could be a lot of money in the "Predict the future incorrectly then blame it on alternate time-lines" game.

It's exactly pseudo-science.

Ahhh I remember when he was a member of these forums.

Good times good times...

Man prooved himself a hack. Which was fun to watch.