Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Beliefs during tough times

Magicjax

I just stumbled on this article. I posted it in the appropriate section of UM because it deals with psychics, but I also think it fits in this section to some degree. So I'm just going to link to the other post then share why I feel it belongs here too.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=155686

Right now we in the states have a lot of issues with our economy. And what do you know. More people, specifically those most effected by the economy, are turning to the paranormal. And of course those in that field are benefiting from that. I'd imagine the same kinds of things are happening in religion as well.

I feel this is relevant because it's been mentioned in this section of UM how religion "attempts to answer questions when they can't be found". I see this as an example of that still happening today.

In fact would it be safe to say that the popularity of "Psychics" and "Religion" goes up when times are hard?

I don't know if I was able to put into words how I feel they are related issues.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eight bits

• Magicjax

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As you point out, you already have a thread having to do with psychics and hard times.

I moved Lt. Ripley's post there, because it was about psychics and hard times.

Please feel free to start a new thread here about the effect of the economy specifically on religious or spiritual matters.

However, if your purpose was to discuss the effect of the economy on both paranormal and spiritual matters, then that would seem to be on-topic in your existing thread.

Dividing a coordinated discussion only makes it difficult for members to follow and participate in the discussion.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by eight bits