Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what destruction would happen in 2012

antonio1997

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sunwolf

• digitalartist

• Marby

• KRS-One

Welcome to UM. :)

Nothing will happen in 2012 that doesn't happen anyway. Don't worry.

HN

A lot of people in the 2012 industry will find that there's no more money to be had from 2012 Apocalypse predictions and have to find something else to do on January 1 2013*.

*Allowing some leeway there.

Edited by 747400

I thought doomsdayers had been chased from the forums ages ago? Huh...

I thought doomsdayers had been chased from the forums ages ago? Huh...

That was the Milllenium fearful types :lol:

The end is coming!!!!.........

............again.

lol I saw that on a top

will meotors keep hitting earth sunamis what else

Meteorites are falling all the time....

"Estimates for the mass of material that falls on Earth each year range from 37,000-78,000 tons. Most of this mass would come from dust-sized particles.

A study done in 1996 (looking at the number of meteorites found in deserts over time) calculated that for objects in the 10 gram to 1 kilogram size range, 2900-7300 kilograms per year hit Earth. However, unlike the number above this does not include the small dust particles. They also estimate between 36 and 166 meteorites larger than 10 grams fall to Earth per million square kilometers per year. Over the whole surface area of Earth, that translates to 18,000 to 84,000 meteorites bigger than 10 grams per year. But most meteorites are too small to actually fall all the way to the surface. (This study was led by P. A. Bland and was published in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.)"

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=470

"On the average, two tsunamis occur per year throughout the world which inflict damage near the source.

Approximately every 15 years a destructive, ocean-wide tsunami occurs."

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/frequently.htm

As for 2012 being the end of the world, it is utter nonsense... don't worry about it, we will all be posting here in 2013, and marvelling about how wrong the end of the world prophesies were.

Edited by Eternal Light

the machine god will take over like skynet in the termernator movis :gun:

That was the Milllenium fearful types :lol:

Lol...My bad. But seriously, why was another forum made with 2012 as its main topic? Seriously.....I'm over it...

• 2 weeks later...
Lol...My bad. But seriously, why was another forum made with 2012 as its main topic? Seriously.....I'm over it...

Because some people happen to have an interest in the topic, not me myself, but who are you to rain over their parade?

Hmm... even if there's going to be global destruction in 2012... could we do anything about it? And if not, should we spend our time worrying about it or living our lives to the fullest? I choose the latest, how bout you?

A lot of people in the 2012 industry will find that there's no more money to be had from 2012 Apocalypse predictions and have to find something else to do on January 1 2013*.

*Allowing some leeway there.

That is until someone comes along saying the calculations were wrong and it will happen in 2020, giving them 7-8 more years of gloom and doom profits.

What will happen in 2012? I give you an answer:

1. Absolutely nothing.

2. Something unique and profound that I will be able to laugh about because people will die of surprise when it happens when if they were anything besides idiots they would have realised would happen anyway.

3. Absolutely nothing.

In short, the world WILL NOT end in 2012, and there is NO, ZERO, ZILCH evidence to suggest anything of the sort.

The calendar in my room ends on 31st of December 2009, so NATURALLY this must mean my world will end on that date :/.

Doom-sayers need a new hobby.

Just because the Mayan Calender ended on December 21, 2012 doesn't mean that we're all going to die... Nothing will happen.

Edited by Extinction

2012 is not an end of the world,but some big important think is going to happen and that will change situation in the entire world.

Maybe Planet X or asteroid impact.

Every civilisation have rise and fall.

Malachy was a Catholic Archbishop of the twelfth century who wrote an uncanny list of every pope until the end.

According to Malachy there is only one pope left to go.

What has to happen and that next pope be the last pope?

Something very important and big!!!

This and many other prophecies refer to this time,our time in which we live.

2012 is not an end of the world,but some big important think is going to happen and that will change situation in the entire world.

Maybe Planet X or asteroid impact.

There is no Planet X. If there was we would be able to see it. I guess an asteroid is a possibility very remote.

Every civilisation have rise and fall.

I guess. Britain has been around for a while. So has many Middle East countries. Regardless, empires rising and falling doesn't signal the destruction of the people.

Malachy was a Catholic Archbishop of the twelfth century who wrote an uncanny list of every pope until the end.

According to Malachy there is only one pope left to go.

What has to happen and that next pope be the last pope?

Something very important and big!!!

Source? Can you post the list and information? Maybe a new thread?

MAYBE WE WILL FINALLY OUT GROW SUPERSTITION AND RELIGION!!!W00T!!! Still nonsense.

This and many other prophecies refer to this time,our time in which we live.

Yeah, there are tons of prophecies out there. None stand up to scrutiny or rational investigation.

HN

Why?

And don't give me some "The ancient mayan's believed that..." crap. I want you to answer for yourself and tell me why you personally have faith that this is the case. In other word's, what I'd like to hear isn't

"Mayan so and so yadda yadda" but rather "I believe that there will be big important changes in the world because I..." and then continue rather than just blindly spitting up some quoted article you have somewhere.

The end is coming!!!!.........

............again.

Oh no! Not AGAIN?

I just recovered from the last END!

Good Bar-be-Que!

Edited by greggK

The Last Pope? A Look at the St. Malachy Prophecy

Hopi Prophecy Rock - The End of Times - 2012 - It's The End Of The World As We Know It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Vhivi6nws

A Cherokee Legend about house in the sky:

"When you see people living in the sky on a permanent basis, you will know the Great Spirit is about to grab the earth, this time not with one hand, but with both hands. When this house is in the sky, the Great Spirit is going to shake the Earth a third time, and whoever dropped that gourd of ashes, upon them it is going to drop. They say at that time there will be villages in this land so great that when you stand in the villages you will not be able to see out, and in the prophecies these are called villages of stone, or prairies of stone. And they said the stone will grow up from the ground, and you will not be able to see beyond the village."

That house on the sky is The International Space Station (ISS)!.

Etc..........

It's not going to be THE END of the world,but something that will change the world.

I have no idea what will happen. Why is it so important? If something big happens then those who predicted it were correct and for some it may change the way they look at spirituality and life after death. Seriously, if in December of 2012 the world starts falling apart I will be one of the happiest guys around. I'll be working hard to try to help people cope with what is going on around them. I'll probably have more faith in spiritual things.

If nothing happens, we'll keep on living and pondering the variety of topics presented in this forum and in other place. Either way, I say folks should just live their lives the best they can and stop worrying about the world ending.

I have no idea what will happen. Why is it so important? If something big happens then those who predicted it were correct and for some it may change the way they look at spirituality and life after death. Seriously, if in December of 2012 the world starts falling apart I will be one of the happiest guys around. I'll be working hard to try to help people cope with what is going on around them. I'll probably have more faith in spiritual things.

If nothing happens, we'll keep on living and pondering the variety of topics presented in this forum and in other place. Either way, I say folks should just live their lives the best they can and stop worrying about the world ending.

Well this was one of the more sensible posts. "Live your life the best you can", words to live by, quite literally, he he he.

Seriously, there will be no doom and gloom end of the world. Maybe in 2012, someone with shake people up and we will get less rascist, a little more tolerant and generally wisen up a lil. That would the greatest change ever, in my opinion.

Current political situation in the world is very tense.

Israeli and Arab situation is the time bomb that can explode in any moment and if that happens, ...WWIII...

West vs.East...Oil...

That is one of meny scenarios about 2012.

I personally don't believe anything will happen. Too many people are paranoid. I understand we have damaged this planet a great deal but I also understand a lot of people have extremely active imaginations. I for one would like to see 100% solid proof to be convinced. My personal view on God is that, because we evolved, we began to think and communicate like no other living animal and because we have emotions like we do a lot of people began to worry that once this life is over that there would be nothing afterwards, and people made the story of God and the heavens so everyone would look forward to a place after death. Apparently, Hell was made up by the Church to scare people into visiting the Church, but don't count on that one :P Do animals worry about death? We communicate and think differently. That's my explanation.

Zombies will attack though.

Even if something did happen it would be inevitable. So, you may as well live your life to the best of your ability... As long as I get to purchase Crysis 2 on the PC before it all happens I wouldn't mind :)