Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

im hearing peoples thoughts!

Elite

Yes, feel free to post that link, but just the BEST example, in your opinion.

If it's not very good or doesn't contain verifiable evidence, I think my point is made.  Back to you - be brave and nominate JUST ONE.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 4:52 PM, ChrLzs said:

Yes, feel free to post that link, but just the BEST example, in your opinion.

If it's not very good or doesn't contain verifiable evidence, I think my point is made.  Back to you - be brave and nominate JUST ONE.

Hello?  Tap tap tap.. is this thing on?

Gee, I hope nothing has happened to Theyhaveusgiants....  Whatever it is, is preventing him from posting his very best evidence of reading thoughts...  I was so looking forward to being bedazzled by the provenance that was about to be forthcoming...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 6:23 PM, kartikg said:

I know exactly how you are doing this, you are not hearing their thoughts at all you are just assigning a thought based on their action later but your mind is convincing you the opposite, for example when you said about the person with watch you assigned a thought to his action. Try reading somebody thoughts with your eyes closed or without looking at the person and your power will vanish. 

On the other way around, you are truly reading thoughts. So many other participants corroborating the experiences you have been through. You create your own reality. If you allow yourself to be perturbed by the opinions from others you will get confused. Trust yourself, trust your own experiences since you can validate them on your daily life, if they proved to be true to you. Now, if you begin to let yourself away being mesmerized by negativity you will be upset and will deny the precious gifts that mother nature so kindly gave to you as gifts.   

On 03/08/2017 at 9:39 PM, ChrLzs said:

Hello?  Tap tap tap.. is this thing on?

Gee, I hope nothing has happened to Theyhaveusgiants....  Whatever it is, is preventing him from posting his very best evidence of reading thoughts...  I was so looking forward to being bedazzled by the provenance that was about to be forthcoming...

Do not mind commentaries from people who do not think outside the box. The purpose here is poking ridicule to vex you away from your original post.   

33 minutes ago, Tonite T said:

On the other way around, you are truly reading thoughts. So many other participants corroborating the experiences you have been through. You create your own reality. If you allow yourself to be perturbed by the opinions from others you will get confused. Trust yourself, trust your own experiences since you can validate them on your daily life, if they proved to be true to you. Now, if you begin to let yourself away being mesmerized by negativity you will be upset and will deny the precious gifts that mother nature so kindly gave to you as gifts.   

Maybe you should do an experiment a controlled experiment where people write their thoughts in secret and you write what were there thoughts and compare the results , should be done with people whom you don't know to avoid any bias . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonite T said:

Do not mind commentaries from people who do not think outside the box. The purpose here is poking ridicule to vex you away from your original post.   

It seems some here are easily 'vexed away' and just make offtopic post after post.  Or could they have another reason for not wanting to discuss it, and posting ad hominems?

Yes, some of us saw what you posted before you deleted it - pure hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

Maybe you should do an experiment a controlled experiment where people write their thoughts in secret and you write what were there thoughts and compare the results , should be done with people whom you don't know to avoid any bias . 

The first problem with that is no one will be thinking 100% about what they've wrote. Another issue is confirmation bias. Hit and miss results. Person A could be staring at a zener card while thinking about what they had for dinner last night, so you're not going to get the wavy lines.

Edited by XenoFish

So, don't depend on *that* opinion, either. :D

To anyone experimenting with this topic, I think it would be wise to listen to opinions from both sides.. those sides being:

- believers in the paranormal, who just may have a slight bias towards wanting those powers to be true..

- those like me who are skeptical and perhaps have a background in the sciences.  My background includes designing and doing and critiquing experimental studies..

The thing is, us skeptics may be able to help you 'design' your experiments/tests so you can avoid the traps for beginners (and there are many) - list available on request)  If you fall into any of those traps, you can very easily self-delude, ie convince yourself that yes, you have the power!

Anyway, if you outline what you are doing, I'd be happy to suggest ways to help you avoid fooling yourself and others, and also explain, in detail and with examples, why those techniques (most of which are quite simple) would be useful.

Do you see the other side offering that?   If not, think about why.  It's not rocket science.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The first problem with that is no one will be,  thinking 100% about what they've wrote. Another issue is confirmation bias. Hit and miss results. Person A could be staring at a zener card while thinking about what they had for dinner last night, so you're not going to get the wavy lines.

Still better than just claiming that I can read thoughts without any proof. 

those like me who are skeptical and perhaps have a background in the sciences.  My background includes designing and doing and critiquing experimental studies..

I noticed this. A critical mind which stick into practicalities can be very useful.

Edited by Tonite T
grammar

On 29/10/2012 at 5:55 PM, pallidin said:

Generally speaking, that is a classic case of...

Nothing psychic.

If there is no paranormal content in anything why we still insist in lagging around a website dedicated to the paranormal? You are another troll.

On 19/08/2017 at 3:59 AM, Tonite T said:

If there is no paranormal content in anything why we still insist in lagging around a website dedicated to the paranormal? You are another troll.

That's not only hypocritical, it's just plain silly.  The site is dedicated to finding UNexplained mysteries.  To do that, we get rid of the obvious EXPLAINABLE mysteries.  Part of that is dealing with wild claims, cheats, trolls and similar, be they deluded or posting for fun or perhaps have simply fooled themselves or just have (polite) enquiries, you know, where they don't call us names.....

So, if you post a wild claim you can bend spoons and then refuse to support that claim ..... well, it's going to get the poor reception it thoroughly deserves.

The only 'mystery' here is why you refuse to do the simple tests that might show you do have some sort of ability.  Actually, I think most readers here know quite well why you won't.

BTW, I hope to be back soon with a full demonstration of how you could start to get people interested... This weekend I was way too busy having fun, but maybe next...  If I had 'the power', I'd be delighted to follow some simple procedures to test me out...  What a thing to share!!

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5

, if you post a wild claim you can bend spoons and then refuse to support that claim ..... well, it's going to get the poor reception it thoroughly deserves.

Na na. Chris. You look like those naughty children from school.

What if I bend those m.of.f. spoons?

I bend them but what good will that do?

It is a factor which makes 'me' believe in the paranormal. Now my supposed metal bending means nothing to you.

You ultra skeptical make us laugh.

3 hours ago, Tonite T said:

, if you post a wild claim you can bend spoons and then refuse to support that claim ..... well, it's going to get the poor reception it thoroughly deserves.

Na na. Chris. You look like those naughty children from school.

What if I bend those m.of.f. spoons?

I bend them but what good will that do?

It is a factor which makes 'me' believe in the paranormal. Now my supposed metal bending means nothing to you.

You ultra skeptical make us laugh.

We find you believers a joke. None of you can ever back your claims.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 6:59 PM, Tonite T said:

It is a public site, and anyone is allowed to join. Stop deflecting requests for you to prove what you're talking about.

I'll have a go: given that the existence of psychic powers would change everything we knew about biology, religion and physics - why can no one scientifically prove that they exist?

TL;DR - Put up or shut up.

• Like 3

I lost hope of convincing you...I understand that from your (all) perspective you are conveniently right. Politically correct. I will browse elsewhere over this website. It is very big.

I would really feel sorry for someone who was actually hearing other people's thoughts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tonite T said:

I lost hope of convincing you...I understand that from your (all) perspective you are conveniently right. Politically correct. I will browse elsewhere over this website. It is very big.

It's OK, not all is lost...

Look at it this way: You've convinced yourself.

• Like 3

If I am assertive I put it down to either motives- my old age which makes us somewhat nutty (stubborn) and the phenomenon which began to manifest not so long ago: 2010.

They (phenomena) which happen spontaneously (around me without my wish) was transformative to me since it helped change my paradigms regarding psychic phenomenon.

I did not believe it myself.

Edited by Tonite T
grammar

11 hours ago, pallidin said:

It's OK, not all is lost...

Look at it this way: You've convinced yourself.

Give me a good address. I may 'forward' you a previously stimulated spoon. You keep it in your velvet locked little box in a place only you have access. Over the course of time you will find the spoon had his shape contours altered eventually. Who did that?

Ah it was that crazy guy 'boldly' claiming of having the ability of metal bending.

PS: mail billing is on me OK?

Edited by Tonite T
grammar

The problem of hearing voices in your head. Hallucinatory audio and visuals is a symptom someone is  suffering from mental diseases.

The individual must see the shrink.

But initially hallucinations can be explained by a disruptive functioning of psychic abilities.

OK. The individual may visit his psychiatrist and take his meds to obliterate both his dementia and his psychic powers.

The best psychics have once been mental deranged.

As they learned or were taught to channel their hearing voices the became telepaths and clairvoyants.

Remote viewers would be clairvoyants.

Edited by Tonite T
grammar

50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're promoting mental illness. 

No I said people hearing things should see the shrink right away. Unless he or she have been fortunate in living in a culture whose society values include psychic abilities.

In many remote islands the one hearing voices would be considered differently.

I have someone from my family hearing voices. I take him myself to his shrink.

If he does not take his meds he goes wild.

Edited by Tonite T
grammar