Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

supposed mokele-mbembe video

axiom

Hey everyone! I heard of a video that supposedly shows mokele-mbembe. It was shown on the "That's Incredible!" TV show. I have never seen the show or the video. I looked for it and couldn't find it. If someone has the video or knows where it can be found please tell me. Thanks!

well, if this footage existed mokele wouldnt be regarded as a silly story now would it?

• Like 1

I've heard of it, but never seen it.

well, if this footage existed mokele wouldnt be regarded as a silly story now would it?

He didn't say it was definite proof, he said it was an interesting video.

Sheesh.

• Like 1

I believe I’ve seen the video on TV sometime. Perhaps on that show.

It seems to have been taken by a helicopter, but shows nothing, really.

According to Wikipedia, MonsterQuest was there in March and will air the episode later this Summer. They will most likely show the video.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe#cite_ref-15

In 1988 a Japanese expedition went to the area,[15] lead by the Congolese wildlife official Jose Bourges. Members of a Japanese film crew allegedly captured the first evidence of Mokele-mbembe.[16] As they were filming aerial footage from a small plane over the area of Lake Tele, intending to obtain some shots for a documentary, the cameraman noticed a disturbance in the water. He struggled to maintain focus on the object, which was creating a noticeable wake. About 15 seconds of footage was captured, which skeptics have identified as either two men in a canoe or swimming elephants.

linked-image

Would anyone be willing to translate to link to reference #15?

http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~no-no/newpage2.htm

Hey thanks eceryone for your replies. Well I haven't seen the Japanese crew footage as well (it has a pic that I found it pretty unconvincing. Pan posted it). I'm talking about a footage that was aired on that's incredible tv show (also haven't seen it as I said).

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mm-marcy-update/

It's discussed here (scroll down to the posts).

I would love to see this footage. If this is anything like the lost thunderbird photo, this is going to be tough to find. :(

I would love to see this footage. If this is anything like the lost thunderbird photo, this is going to be tough to find. :(

In all fairness if the still is from the footage it would be difficult to establish any positive form of identity, the still is too far away and it could be anything from a large animal to a boat, however I agree it would be great to at least have a look at the footage.

Edited by Ohelemapit

Is that the one where the black spot moves slowly around the lake? I've seen photos of that, but no video.

oh yes that video.

i've seen it before, and theres really nothing special about it. that black dot could literally be ANYTHING. however it's the best footage we have unfortunately. guess we need to wait for something better...

Well it may be fake, may be another blurry, bad quality, video, but anyways if anyone has it or knows where to find it please let us know

:)

Find what? It'd nice knowing what I'm looking for before I search for it. :)

If you mean anything relating to both a video and cryptozoology, expect shaky cameras and bad filmographers.

*EDIT* Wait, you mean the congo dinosaur one, right? Then it may take quite a while.

Edited by Chupacabra of Valhalla

Posts merged with the current running thread.

Well if I got it well it's episode #26 from That's Incredible. If someone has the episode please upload it. Searched the net for That's incredible. Found nothing. Not a single episode lol. By the way, those who say they saw the video say that's interesting, not just a blurry guess what it is video. So it's one of the best ever or a hoax. Just gessing, never saw it myself:P.

Thanks Die Checker. As I noticed there are others that are looking for the very same episode there. Didn't notice any replies about it and I have no idea how to watch any episode of "That's Incredible"(guess there aren't any?).

Does anyone knows where one can watch for free or download episodes from "That's Incredible" (or just the episode in question)?

Hey everyone! I heard of a video that supposedly shows mokele-mbembe. It was shown on the "That's Incredible!" TV show. I have never seen the show or the video. I looked for it and couldn't find it. If someone has the video or knows where it can be found please tell me. Thanks!

With any chance you can do a deep search at Youtube, or look for the Arthur C. Clarke series there, I think it features a great number of cryptids including the Mbembe.

With any chance you can do a deep search at Youtube, or look for the Arthur C. Clarke series there, I think it features a great number of cryptids including the Mbembe.

--deleted--

Sorry doubled post.

Edited by sacredsleep

Hey sacredsleep! Well I tried youtube. Found nothing there. And as far as I know this video never showed on Arthur C. Clark's shows. It was on "That's Incredible".

Edited by axiom

• 9 months later...

I found this blog post from the other day discussing the footage from this mystery episode which we all appear to be looking for. Unfortunately the author seems to believe that it was the result of an outright hoax

The blog post can be found here.....

Link

Still, it would be nice to see the footage so that we could put this one to bed or not.

Edited by Wesker115