Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran: Ahmadinejad wins vote by landslide

Denisius

Mousavi protested against what he said were many obvious violations in the high-turnout presidential election.

"I'm warning I will not surrender to this dangerous charade. The result of such performance by some officials will jeopardize the pillars of the Islamic Republic and will establish tyranny," Mousavi said in a statement made available to Reuters.

linked-imageRead more...

Is anyone really surprised by this? I, for one, am not.

Edited by Denisius

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• KRS-One

• Corp

• ExpandMyMind

Aside from North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela, let's see how many countries will recognize the election result.

Boo! *Throws eggs at him*

I was sending good vibes to Iran. Hoping the other dude I would win.

T.T

Ya , Saddam Hussein won his last election also.

Ahmadinejad knew he would win before the counting started (at least he claimed victory on TV)... naturally...he stuffed the boxes himself...

So I'm going to assume he cheated for now...what happens? Should I just assume nothing?

So I'm going to assume he cheated for now...what happens? Should I just assume nothing?

There's nothing that can be done. The only ones who are capable of action are the Iranians themselves, if they decide they had enough they'll take action. If not... :hmm:

There's nothing that can be done. The only ones who are capable of action are the Iranians themselves, if they decide they had enough they'll take action. If not... :hmm:

That action would come in the form of some sort of revolt I'm expecting...sad faces all around.

Ah well.

I guess this was pretty much to be expected. There are some pretty hefty riots and protests around Iran over this. Sadly, it won't mean anything though.

The authorities had earlier sealed off Mr Mousavi's campaign HQ, preventing his supporters from holding a news conference.

Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli said that any demonstrations needed official permission, and none had been given.

The AFP news agency quoted a senior police official as saying: "The time of dancing and shouting is over."

One opposition newspaper has been closed down and BBC websites also appear to have been blocked by the Iranian authorities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8098305.stm

"Of COURSE he won, now sit down quietly!"

Edited by KRS-One

85 percent of the country's 46 million eligible voters went to the polls and voted..

Ahmadinejad won Friday's presidential election with 62.63 percent of the vote and Mir Hossein Moussavi received 33.75 percent of the vote...

That said.. MSM is telling us Westerners that Ahmadinejad cheated to win......

...if he did....somehow?..someway??... he did it in style... :yes: that's a lot of votes to win an election with :yes: :yes: :yes:

85 percent of the country's 46 million eligible voters went to the polls and voted..

Ahmadinejad won Friday's presidential election with 62.63 percent of the vote and Mir Hossein Moussavi received 33.75 percent of the vote...

...if he did....somehow?..someway??... he did it in style... :yes: that's a lot of votes to win an election with :yes: :yes: :yes:

85%? Isn't that a little too good to be true?

85%? Isn't that a little too good to be true?

If you take Arizona as measure of all things: Yes...

If you take Greece, figures like that (75-90%) are quite normal.

I don't quite get why Iran even has a presidency.

Seeing as how the actual leaders are the religious, ayatollahs.

personally acid, i believe it was fixed. if you read about it then it's quite obvious that it was fixed.

israel got the result they wanted anyways.

It's amazing how easily we're all manipulated. Remember the election in Lebanon just a bit ago? No mention whatsoever about possible election fraud in any western outlet. Wonder why? Our guys 'won'. Now the Iranians cast their votes and everyone's throwing a flag on the play because their guy didn't do so hot.

personally acid, i believe it was fixed. if you read about it then it's quite obvious that it was fixed.

israel got the result they wanted anyways.

Just curious..

how?

who's version?

It's amazing how easily we're all manipulated. Remember the election in Lebanon just a bit ago? No mention whatsoever about possible election fraud in any western outlet. Wonder why? Our guys 'won'. Now the Iranians cast their votes and everyone's throwing a flag on the play because their guy didn't do so hot.

Uh, you're implying that the US and its allies wanted Ahmadinejad to win?

The top story on google news (from FOX news even, ick) is:

U.S. officials are casting doubt over the results of Iran's election, in which the government declared President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the winner Saturday.

U.S. analysts find it "not credible" that challenger Mir Hossein Mousavi would have lost the balloting in his hometown...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/13...ection-results/

The Obama administration itself is calling this thing a fraud.

Just curious..

how?

who's version?

well for 1, the state owns all of the media and they gave the wee iranian a LOT more airtime than the other candidates - who then boycotted the last televised debate in disgust.

all the papers and TV were outspoken in favour of the wee man.

there were ballots missing from areas in which his opponent was certain to gain a lot of votes, at least that's what his opponent claims.

and a few other things i've read about also including Ahmadinejad being allowed to speak in public at universities etc while othe other candidates were denied such privelages.

in honesty though, even if it was rigged, i'm still not sure the other guy would have won. the wee iranian has a massive following in the young population... massive following.

but it does reek of being fixed.

in honesty though, even if it was rigged, i'm still not sure the other guy would have won. the wee iranian has a massive following in the young population... massive following.

I was under the impression that younger Iranians were moving away from the more hardline stance and moving towards Western values.

I was under the impression that younger Iranians were moving away from the more hardline stance and moving towards Western values.

not according to sources i have been reading - the other candidate was an old president (or was it prime minister?) and because of his age compared to the wee man's it was expected that the young would turn out in favour of Ahmadinejad.

also the fact that the wee man had been spending a lot of time ( lot more than the others) speaking at universities and such would have helped his cause.

well for 1, the state owns all of the media and they gave the wee iranian a LOT more airtime than the other candidates - who then boycotted the last televised debate in disgust.

all the papers and TV were outspoken in favour of the wee man.

there were ballots missing from areas in which his opponent was certain to gain a lot of votes, at least that's what his opponent claims.

and a few other things i've read about also including Ahmadinejad being allowed to speak in public at universities etc while othe other candidates were denied such privelages.

but it does reek of being fixed.

Are you talking about the 'other candidates' and that guy named.. Ron Paul during the republican primaries last year? :whistle:

Edited by acidhead

Are you talking about the 'other candidates' and that guy named.. Ron Paul during the republican primaries last year? :whistle:

:D

not according to sources i have been reading - the other candidate was an old president (or was it prime minister?) and because of his age compared to the wee man's it was expected that the young would turn out in favour of Ahmadinejad.

also the fact that the wee man had been spending a lot of time ( lot more than the others) speaking at universities and such would have helped his cause.

Western elections always are closer leading many to believe voter fraud even though half the voting population turns out to vote in the first place...

meaning: half the voting population decides, democratically, what's best for everybody.

In Iran's case it was the exact opposite... and the MSM is eating it up as rigged and many non-voting westerners are hooked, lined and sinkered. :lol: