Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran: Ahmadinejad wins vote by landslide

Denisius

I don't think there's anything the international community can do about this type of cheating except for overthrowing their government, an unacceptably bad option

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• KRS-One

• Corp

• ExpandMyMind

In Iran's case it was the exact opposite... and the MSM is eating it up as rigged and many non-voting westerners are hooked, lined and sinkered. :lol:

The Iranians themselves believe it was rigged. Look at the blogs I posted for you.

well for 1, the state owns all of the media and they gave the wee iranian a LOT more airtime than the other candidates - who then boycotted the last televised debate in disgust.

all the papers and TV were outspoken in favour of the wee man.

there were ballots missing from areas in which his opponent was certain to gain a lot of votes, at least that's what his opponent claims.

and a few other things i've read about also including Ahmadinejad being allowed to speak in public at universities etc while othe other candidates were denied such privelages.

in honesty though, even if it was rigged, i'm still not sure the other guy would have won. the wee iranian has a massive following in the young population... massive following.

but it does reek of being fixed.

just curious.... im trying to make sense of this...

If ballots were missing.. did the voters choose to vote for the Ahmadinejad instead?

85% of the voter population did vote.

If ballots were missing and those claiming Moussavi should have won wouldn't we see a lower overall turnout?

Are you talking about the 'other candidates' and that guy named.. Ron Paul during the republican primaries last year? :whistle:

If ballots were missing.. did the voters choose to vote for the Ahmadinejad instead?

If ballots were missing and those claiming Moussavi should have won wouldn't we see a lower overall turnout?

So you're saying only US votes can be rigged...not Irans?

It's amazing how easily we're all manipulated. Remember the election in Lebanon just a bit ago? No mention whatsoever about possible election fraud in any western outlet. Wonder why? Our guys 'won'. Now the Iranians cast their votes and everyone's throwing a flag on the play because their guy didn't do so hot.

The Lebanon elections had expected results with the opposition still getting a lot of votes. In Iran it was expected to be a close election yet Ahmadinejad won by a landslide. If he had won no one would have said much but that fact he crushed everyone has people calling vote rigging. Naturally that fact that Ahmadinejad went out of his way to stop the opposition from getting their message out it's really not surprising that he would stuff ballots. But the religious leaders wanted him to win so he won. Outside a popular revoltuion we'll need to keep dealing with the nut job.

all it could mean is that more would have turned out.

the televised debates between the 2 had the entire nation captivated, i wouldn't be surprised if more had turned out.

The Lebanon elections had expected results with the opposition still getting a lot of votes. In Iran it was expected to be a close election yet Ahmadinejad won by a landslide. If he had won no one would have said much but that fact he crushed everyone has people calling vote rigging. Naturally that fact that Ahmadinejad went out of his way to stop the opposition from getting their message out it's really not surprising that he would stuff ballots. But the religious leaders wanted him to win so he won. Outside a popular revoltuion we'll need to keep dealing with the nut job.

The nut job... Christ. You people are hopeless.

He made a valid point regarding the topic you were discussing and you chose to refute the fact that he called the guy nuts?

Ahmadinejad isn't the most stable of people and seems to only want attention. I mean he stands before the UN and declares that Bush is the devil. Calls on Obama to debate with him. Not to mention his whole deal with Israel. Seems he just wants to cause trouble. Not someone who should be leading a country.

Ahmadinejad isn't the most stable of people and seems to only want attention. I mean he stands before the UN and declares that Bush is the devil. Calls on Obama to debate with him. Not to mention his whole deal with Israel. Seems he just wants to cause trouble. Not someone who should be leading a country.

Have you ever read one of his speeches in its entirety? Listened to him in a forum where his words aren't being filtered through American media? Obviously not.

Have you ever read one of his speeches in its entirety? Listened to him in a forum where his words aren't being filtered through American media? Obviously not.

What are you trying to say?

What are you trying to say?

I believe he's saying that we're not hearing what he's really saying. Just what translations and translators are telling us. Meaning unless Ahmididdyjohn comes up to us and *directly* tells us what he's thinking in english.. we probaly don't know what he really means.

As in he could be saying "I like fluffy kittens" in his native language, and the translators are telling us "Death to Isreal, Death to America!"

I believe he's saying that we're not hearing what he's really saying. Just what translations and translators are telling us. Meaning unless Ahmididdyjohn comes up to us and *directly* tells us what he's thinking in english.. we probaly don't know what he really means.

As in he could be saying "I like fluffy kittens" in his native language, and the translators are telling us "Death to Isreal, Death to America!"

Ok.

I'd like to distance myself from this response and repeat my question without bias. What are you, Godsnmbr1, trying to say.

awww.. my answer not to your likeing!? I worked so hard on it!

*snaps her fingers* seakittens!

LOL Yeah, he's really saying " I luv Amerricca"!. :D

Look, I don't think he's the worst leader on the planet but I do think Iran have lost the bus by re-electing Ahmadinejad. This is assuming he was re-elected honestly. They've gone for the Conservative choice. This means that the majority of 85% prefer him to a reformist that would have gotten rid of discrimination against women including patrols of so-called "morality police" regularly enforcing standards of Islamic dress on Iran's streets. If he won by a landslide that means most women prefer and accept to be dominated by their men. End of story.

They've gone for the Conservative choice. This means that the majority of 85% prefer him to a reformist that would have gotten rid of discrimination against women including patrols of so-called "morality police" regularly enforcing standards of Islamic dress on Iran's streets. If he won by a landslide that means most women prefer and accept to be dominated by their men. End of story.

You'd think that right-wing american conservatives would be cheering the choice, actually. Given that a more liberal party lost the election. A religious fundamentalist spouting conservative talking points including isolationism, an active stance on foreign influence and a more centralized government remains in power. This should be viewed as a victory, should it not?

*watches as millions of gears clink and clank before a resounding "...but AMERICA" is shouted*

Edited by KRS-One

Wouldn't someone in his own government have pointed out this issue to him and corrects been made if that was the case?

And no I've never read an original version of his speeches, since I don't understand the language.

Wouldn't someone in his own government have pointed out this issue to him and corrects been made if that was the case?

And no I've never read an original version of his speeches, since I don't understand the language.

Ok people...

Believe it or not, there are quite a few people in this world that speak both Farsi and English. It's basically a given that his translations are going to be fairly accurate (except of course for the 2 or 3 sentences that make it onto the sunday morning talk shows). Try reading a speech of his in its entirety, you might learn something.

It's human nature to fill in the blanks so I can't really blame people for forming an opinion based on bull.

Ahmad theoretically can lead because of his nuclear stance, which boosts Iranian self-respect. Opposition was using Woman's rights issue as a lever and was hinting on possible relaxing of Islamic laws, this may have an ambiguous results, as there is still plenty of conservative vote, specially outside of big cities. The position on Israel is the same for both candidates, this means the opposition does not object to the nuclear program too, but for the voters it is first of all associated with Ahmad who started it. Ahmad was certainly prepared to cheat, specially on mobile phone vote, but to fish like that 62% is simply impossible.

In other words we may never find out the truth and can only guess, but I would say 50:50 chance is for each option. Of course to fake such a large number of votes is not easy, as the opposition has a significant number of followers in all structures, but on the other hand most of them are in big cities...

Rumors taht ballots were burned making recount useless.

No way did Mackmood get such a high margin when the majority of youth were behind his opponent .

Isn;t like 70% of the pop under 30?

Edited by InHuman

voting in Iran is all an illusion anyway. when they have the puppeteer ayatollah whats-his-face pulling the strings,.

85 percent of the country's 46 million eligible voters went to the polls and voted..

Ahmadinejad won Friday's presidential election with 62.63 percent of the vote and Mir Hossein Moussavi received 33.75 percent of the vote...

That said.. MSM is telling us Westerners that Ahmadinejad cheated to win......

...if he did....somehow?..someway??... he did it in style... :yes: that's a lot of votes to win an election with :yes: :yes: :yes:

Can anyone say "Mugabe" - "Zimbabwe". There the elections are just as rigged. :lol:

I´m pretty sure this was rigged and I´m p***ed off.

There´s no way he would have gotten that high percentage, despite the opposition being treated like Ron Paul by the media. He had an Obama-like movement and it was predicted to be either close or him winning. Him losing by such a landslide is too fishy.