Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

A couple more suggestions:

Are our lives/society getting faster?

Is technology invading our lives?

Should children own mobile phones?

This next one, I'm not really sure how to word it, so here's the bestI've been able to come up with: The ethics of Cyborg technology - Should cyborg technology research (pacemakers, artificial limbs, cochlear implants, etc) be expanded to enhance the lives of healthy people (better hearing/sight/intelligence for example), or should it be restricted to helping the sick and disabled only.

And a similar question to the one above: Eugenics - should we engingeer/create "super-humans"?

Edited by Paranoid Android

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• AztecInca

• Paranoid Android

• Walken

caffine: picker-upper, or silent killer

Not sure if this one has been done or not...

I'd love to see a debate on the tactics the government is using in the Patriot Act to keep us 'safe'. I had this discussion the other day with a friend of mine. Reading our emails, listening in on telephone conversations....Should this be used to protects us from terrorism or is it just the government's way of spying on American Citizens? Are we losing our freedom or is it worth giving it up to keep another 9/11 from happening?

just saying... there haven't been any new debates on the board now for quite a while.

We have been setting up new debates but we just aren`t getting people signing up and many of the current debates are ending with one of the participants either pulling out or just not bothering to post at all.

Anyway many of these suggestions are very good and I shall go about setting a couple of them up as debate topics! :tu:

We have been setting up new debates but we just aren`t getting people signing up and many of the current debates are ending with one of the participants either pulling out or just not bothering to post at all.

Anyway many of these suggestions are very good and I shall go about setting a couple of them up as debate topics! :tu:

A lot of the regular debators are waiting for the Tournament. We don't know much about the details, and we don't want to get caught in the middle of one debate when the comp starts.

Well, I don't at least :whistle:

KEITH RICHARDS: dead and don't know it? or just naturally dead looking... :tu: LOL

Ok, being serious, i have seen a couple good one's some of us have put up so i'll just add a couple more:

What is the nature of reality?

Should murder's be executed on live T.V?

Creation VS evolution?

Cloning VS God's will?

Immigration- let them in VS keep them out?

There's a few... :tu:

A lot of the regular debators are waiting for the Tournament. We don't know much about the details, and we don't want to get caught in the middle of one debate when the comp starts.

Well, I don't at least

I came to that conclusion myself PA and I assure you that the tournament will be set-up as soon as possible. We were firstly just waiting for all the debate league debates to be completed which did take awhile.

Secondly Jen and I are just completing our first semester of University and had to finish up all of our assignments. I`m on my final one before exams and will be finished within a day or two. Onec that is completed I shall go talk to Saruman about setting up this tournament.:tu:

Leave it 2 weeks, that gives me time to finish semester also :tu:

Leave it 2 weeks, that gives me time to finish semester also :tu:

Im sorry my mind was pondering on other suggestion's and i totally forgot about one that was in plain sight here on Um, and im sure the debate mods will agree that this would be one to start because it seem's it is a hot topic as of now:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=68090

Sucuriju gigante: Big Snake or Big Myth ?

The Giant Anaconda: Fact Or Fiction ?

I know Aztec was considering the previous topic proposed by the14u2cee...

I will consider it...I will PM Aztec if I decide to debate it...

Hypnotism: Mystic or Psychological?

Zoos: Cruel/Necessary?

I know Aztec was considering the previous topic proposed by the14u2cee...

I will consider it...I will PM Aztec if I decide to debate it...

As long as it doesn't interfere with the other debate, i'm in, and of course for Big Snake :tu:

Now for a biggy

The Da Vinci Code: Good or Bad

and another

2012: coming end or useless rubbish

and another another

Video Games: Violence provokers or Harmless fun

and another another another

Should America withdrawl from Iraq

Yes I was just about to suggest the Da Vinci Code... But I think you should debate factors of the code, not the actual movie/book's events and conclusions.

Also, how deeply have you debated evolution? I think debates over where humans came from or whether evolution even exists or not would be interesting topics.

Yeah thats what i mean't

I think Evoulution was debated i think 2 times

well we have a new sub forum ( true crime) , could debate a question relating to that..as theres probably been no previosly relevent debate subjects pertaining, i assume .

could do the most ( i think) prominant debate in that field ..who was 'jack the ripper' .

Edited by Anubi

How about something to do with the rise of China?

Maybe something like:

China's rise cause for concern or celebration?

(NB Although my profile says Country China I'm not Chinese I'm just living here at the moment. In other words I'm not suggesting this because of a strange patriotic urge)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Nature Vs. Nurture (we have probably had it already)

2. Do the benefits of animal experiments outweigh the stress we put them under?

3. Is Psychology scientific or not?

4. Was Sigmund Freud 'insane' or was he just really clever?

I will be happy to participate in any one of these Debates. Please PM me if you want to start one of these debates. Thanks

thanks very much for those suggestions everyone :clap:

Edited by tiddlyjen

The Capitalist System vs the Communist System.

The Illuminati: Fact or Fiction

The truth: Absolute or Relative

Good vs Evil: Absolute or Relative

Is Elvis Still Alive?

Freedom of Information Vs Privacy of the Individual

Just some of many suggestions i have

Edit:

Does the church protect Pedophiles

Edited by AtlantisRises

American comedy vs British Comedy.

BC would win they have MPFC

How about:

The Human Genome Project: Life-saving our Discriminating?

Here's one I think would be an awesome debate: Biggest event on the planet: The Olympics, or the Football World Cup