Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

As the race who inhabits this planet are we responsible for its health and should we look after and not exploit it or should we exploit it as much as we can to survive and expand or worry about the health of the planet and other inhabitants later!!!

I would love to see someone try and debate against looking after the planet!!! That would be very interesting and damn hard!!! C`mon someone give it a go, are there any arguments for that side?

How about Devil/Satan, real thing or creation of people!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• AztecInca

• Link of Hyrule

• Walken

Some good ideas comming out.

I like that flag burning thing, but really, who would WANT to burn the flag in america?

beats me...

but on a less sarcastic note, flag burning is viewed as right in itself, though I would actully pass up on the debate considering the guy in my last one left without making 2 more posts, theres a entire discussion on flag burning on the infoshop forums

how about some kind of "God Vs. Satan" like which one is more realistic you know?

Good choice. I'd be up for that for a debate. thumbsup.gif

I'd like to take part in Psychics real or fake or Homosexuality right or wrong/good or bad whatever it was, cos I'm queer.

A good debate would be:

For or Against Violent Video Games!

Do they make children violent? Are they the cause of many deaths?

Or do they have no affect, simply another far-fetched finger pointing game by people with nothing better to do?

Ktyso, that was a good debate last season. I'm not sure if we should re-do debates so fast. Maybe next season, unless someone PMs me with a partner and a genuine interest in debating the topic.

Spectral, couple of good ideas there for sure.

I don't wanna burst anyone's bubble or anything, but I don't think we should do the homosexuality: right or wrong? debate, it could really lead to some nastiness and a lot of people being offended. It's a good debate, but a very sensitive subject.

- How 'bout censorship? Should radio/TV programs be censored for certain things (maybe for anti-american sentiment or sexual stuff, who knows)?

- Cosmetic surgery? Is it right?

- Selling one's organs? Should it be made legal? (I'd really, really like to participate in this one if you do it, I've done a lot of research on this)

- Violent rap/music lyrics? Do they cause violence in kids?

- Testing products on animals. Is it okay if it's going to benefit humans?

- Should women be allowed in men's sports, or should they have separate leagues?

Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Wings of Selkhet

The legacy of the sixties good or bad for todays society. That's something everyones talking about in the UK.

How about "Drug company conspiracies- Are drug companies creating psychiatric syndroms just so they could sell their drugs?"

What about for the aussies members of this great discussion forum or anyone who is knowledgable on these topics from australia.......

Aussie rules footy should it be made more national or kept more centralisied around the state victoria?

Should we stay in the monarchy or become a democracy like the US?

Should we concentrate on improving relations with pacific and asian nations nearby or on the US?

Should we continue to spend more on defense or reign in our spending on defence and concentrate on other important issues?

Any many many more which I`m sure other aussie members could come up with! thumbsup.gif

I don't wanna burst anyone's bubble or anything, but I don't think we should do the homosexuality: right or wrong? debate, it could really lead to some nastiness and a lot of people being offended. It's a good debate, but a very sensitive subject.

I know what your saying Selkhet but for my part after tussling with some paramilitary neo nazi types on other boards I've got a cast iron hide and I doubt anyone here could be as idiotic or offensive as the formerly mentioned no matter what their veiwpoint, so I'm still up for it. At least it's the one argument I can contribute from personal experience. Perhaps it should be more along the lines of choice or genetic, which I thinks already been mentioned.

Alright spectral, find yourself a partner willing to debate against you on this issue, PM me, and i'll set that debate up for you.

That goes for you too Inca or anyone who has a certain debate in mind that they'd like to debate on.

Alright spectral, find yourself a partner willing to debate against you on this issue, PM me, and i'll set that debate up for you.

That goes for you too Inca or anyone who has a certain debate in mind that they'd like to debate on.

Two debates going on about that mate.

Should we genetically engineer a better human being? and

Cloning?

fyi, i used one of WINGS ideas, Censorship. original.gif

Damn, just had a good idea for a debate... but its too late now. It would be done during the time the EvsC debate was going on, and it would have been "Who will win the EvsC debate?:

haha.

That would have been an unfair debate.

There's a reason i'm not judging it. I'm a little to biased.

Cool!!! thanks Burnside!!! thumbsup.gif

Now who out there wants to debate an aussie issue, anyone can have a go but I know there are quite a few aussie members out there and I believe you would make good debaters!!!

How about a debate on communism versus democracy, which is the better form of government? I wonder what someone who was for communism would say, it would make a good debate I think anyway! thumbsup.gif

Lol! laugh.gif Australia is not communist, we are part of the commonwealth monarchy but we have combined the best of the british and american forms of government to make our one!!! Basically besides not having a president and still having a queen we are a mini america!!!

This was just another debate suggestion and had nothing to do with australias form of government! thumbsup.gif

Lol! laugh.gif Australia is not communist, we are part of the commonwealth monarchy but we have combined the best of the british and american forms of government to make our one!!! Basically besides not having a president and still having a queen we are a mini america!!!

This was just another debate suggestion and had nothing to do with australias form of government! thumbsup.gif

yea but you guys arent as corrupt are 'ya...?