Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

whats going on with the bible credibility debate, ive been patiently waiting for a few days now for aquatus' response

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• AztecInca

• Link of Hyrule

• Walken

he's replied.

ET, i will be running it by the forum admin saruman, see what he thinks of the idea. thumbsup.gif

We should have a debate on the best sitcom to emerge from Britain. My personal faves are Blackadder/Red Dwarf and would be willing to fight for either if it came to it.

Failing that perhaps a tug of war involving favourite characters from films/tv shows etc.

I know these aren't serious debates, but it's just a bit 'o fun as good old Keith Barrett would say original.gif

Ames xx

how long does it normally take on average for a debate to finish?

Depends on the debaters entirely.

If they haven't replied within a week, i send a reminder to the debater and if i still get nothing, i close the debate. But on average, in can be anywhere from a few days, to a week, to a month.

there should really be a debate on "the credibilty of the official 9/11 scenario"

but!? can a debate be argued using circumstantial evidence and the process of elimination?-since it is the official scenario that is believed to be manufactured from the conspiracist point of view-i believe it was watson who said-once you eliminate the impossible what ever remains,no matter how absurd or incredible it may seem,must be the solution-could documents or webpages be set up as evidence,graded on credibility,with opportunities for cross examination?whether its socially palatable here or not i think this should be done but the officiating or judging is what worries me-i think the topic itself digs to the roots and many would have a hard time keeping their feelings and/or emotions subdued allowing an unbiased decision-could there be a judge panel as well as a UM member vote with each having its own percentage of the final tally?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway I can contact gallor without PM by the way. His box is full and I wanna remind him about our debate.

Never mind, hes resigned now. Thx anyway.

Walken, opponents have 7 days to post after you before getting a reminder. Since Galor resigned, you can re-post your interest in the WWIII debate if you'd like.

I'd also like to add that we're always looking for debate ideas and potential debaters. Should anyone have any questions, please post them here or send me a PM. thumbsup.gif

Okay, I will! Thanks.

hey i just got a really good idea, what about not closing the threads after the debate is finished and rather open them up for everyone to discuss afterwards? bringing up points of there own and counterpoints, i think it would be really cool, or create a duplicate thread of the debate in the proper board for all to contribute too

We have other sections of the forum where you can discuss any topic you would like. Anyone is free to create a topic on anything they find interesting in other sections of the forum.

I worry that if we leave the debates open afterward, no one will want to participate in the formal debates because everyone will be waiting until it is over. And we're having a hard enough time getting people to sign up in the debates as it is.

that is a good point

cool.gif i think there should be a debate about that pit bull law in canada yes.gifcool.gif

How about .. something about media and the way it has influenced our behavour ...mm . 'Is Media responsible for the Influence for our violent behaviour or is our culture and upbringing?' ... will this be ok? or should I re-phrase it ..?

lol .. that was a quick reply... huh.gif .. ummm .. yes I guess so.. but .. I need to do research on it before i can debate it

The posts are entered gradually, not all in one day. You and your opponent will each post one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. You have 7 days to post after your opponent has posted.

Edited by Guest

The posts are entered gradually, not all in one day. You and your opponent will each post one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. You have 7 days to post after your opponent has posted.

510795[/snapback]

OHH I see now .. kewl .. ok I will participate in this debate then... but what do You want me to do .. debate against the topic of media influencing our behaviour or in favour of the theory ?Im happy to take on whatever side..

I'll start the debate, you can choose which ever side you want to participate in. And then we'll have to wait for someone to sign up to debate against you.

cool.gif i think there should be a debate about that pit bull law in canada yes.gif  cool.gif

507835[/snapback]

Are you interested in debating this topic by chance?

Guest Lottie

Near Death Experiences- Is this a real experience or a phenomenon created by the dying brain?

If anyone is interested in debating this pm me or leave a message on here.

thumbsup.gif