Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

what about a good, juicy debate on poltergeist phenomena????

Hoagy alien.gif

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• AztecInca

• Link of Hyrule

• Walken

How about :

Does God exist Yes/No

If there is a God which religion is correct all/none

Is history always written by the victor Yes/no

Is secrecy used to protect more than just nation security-ie mistakes and such Yes/No

Holy Grail-cup or bloodline

Hello

I have a suggestion that I would like to bring forth.

It would be a neat idea that whenever these debates go on, we have a corrosponding link to a discussion forum where we can post our own comments during and after the debate has concluded.

Perhaps a exit poll, in addition to the judges would also create more interest and excitement.

Some of these debates are very well done, and should be advertised in the forum better.

thumbsup.gif

574848[/snapback]

I agree. Call it a Peanut Gallery. But, we should only do it after the debate concludes.

But its a great way to be more democratic about it.

576766[/snapback]

Actually Turtle, I don't knw what I was thinking with that last statement. We should have it running concurently with our debate.

Either of us can start a thread if when its time.

mrmonsoon: Does God exist Yes/No

Cosmological? TAG? Ontological? Model Ontological Argument? Telogical Argument? The Argument that there are no athiest in foxholes?

Hoagy thats a cool suggestion. For example?

579480[/snapback]

well, I would want to debate on this, as I would like to think they exist, but really feel it's an extension of our subconcious....

I would be willing to debate against it, if theres any takers...

I have a few theories, and i did research the famous 'Enfield Poltergeist' case a lil' while back...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion that might be interesting....

Is the human race really THE supirior race or are we nothing but a disease to the planet?

That's a good suggestion!!! Definitely one that we'd like to explore, however there are a lot of debates going on right now. I think we'll wait for a few to finish before starting any new ones. wink2.gif

How about the classic old arguement of is Man really stronger than Woman??

Will nanotechnology be a gift, or a curse?

Hows this-

Could a Gender specific society Function?

I'm not asking if it could exist, because I believe a few years down the line it could. but could it actually FUNCTION? A man or women specific society?

Guest Lottie

Good suggestion Lupine thumbsup.gif I had a conversation about this the other day. Right now there are quite a few debates running, however some are ending soon so I will add this to the list for new one's. original.gif

YAY. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for that, argue against the possibbility...

this has probably been done before, but how about this: video games: are they having a negative effect on today's youth?

probably lame, i know

I'm not sure which way this would work but similar suggestions are welcome.

On mood disorders like Schitzophrenia....at what point does a person become classified as 'insane'.

This is something that I find very interesting and if there is some way around getting a debate on it I would be more than happy to enter!

Homosexuality: Born with it or happens because of environment.

Should "Under God" Be said in the pledge of allegiance?

That's all I have.

• 2 weeks later...

Creationism or Evolutionism?

Do you believe, like 45 per cent of Americans believe that the Earth was created by God within the past 10,000 years,

or do you hold, like me to the belief that the earth, as we know it has slowly evolved naturally over millions of years?

I would love to debate for Evoulutionism, anyone up for it?

Scotty

I think we should bring back some of the old favourites.

-Abortion.

-Capital punishment

yes.gif

I wouldn't mind debating against Abortion, I think it is terrible, but I am kinda in the middle of waiting for a reply for the Kurt suicide thing.

I would like to see on on environmental ethics.

-Capital punishment

yes.gif

642870[/snapback]

Kryso and I are already debating that one. Look on the debates forum to read it. thumbsup.gif

how about debating if liberals are immoral, evil people as many others seem to feel on this forum, (check out current affairs) seems it would be a livlely topic

How about this:

"The Right. Right or Wrong?"

Creationism or Evolutionism?

Do you believe, like 45 per cent of Americans believe that the Earth was created by God within the past 10,000 years,

or do you hold, like me to the belief that the earth, as we know it has slowly evolved naturally over millions of years?

I would love to debate for Evoulutionism, anyone up for it?

Scotty

636703[/snapback]

Hey Scotty!

This debate has already been done this season (link), but I would be more than happy to start up this debate again once the new season begins.

thumbsup.gif