Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Saru

Debate Suggestions

636 posts in this topic

Turtle

NDE/STE A Glimpse of the afterlife or the product of fiction

~*S.T.R.*~

I would love to debate any of them. Just pick one and lets get started!

Walken

OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!! I have a good one!

Was the treaty of Versailles too harsh?

Wrighty

Should parents be able to hit children. It might have already been up but its a good one.

JohnnyBoyC

I got a good one I definitly want to participate on!

Do demons and demonic possesions exist?

I want to be on the side saying they do exist!

iac_tracker

Should pilots be able to carry guns?

I think thats a good one

JohnnyBoyC

it is, although i could gather enough stuff to write a debate...

but they should definitly be able to carry guns.

Stellar

How about this. A debate between whether some oppressive cultures should be allowed to thrive or should be criminalized. (This would pertain to Afghanistan and Iraq and cultures that are oppresive towards women, seeing as theres a western presence there which believes in equality)

JohnnyBoyC

is till like my previous suggestion of the demons and possesion debate.

AztecInca
OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!! I have a good one!

Was the treaty of Versailles too harsh?

820714[/snapback]

Walken if you wish to debate that one and can find another member to particpate then I would be more than willing to start this debate.

Walken

Sure, I'd be willing to debate that it was too harsh.

I'll be on the look-out for others to bring to the forum. Thanks Aztec.

The Roswell Man

Should Prostitution be Legalised?

Also

What is causing Global Warming, Humans, The Sun or Both?

AztecInca

Just a reminder to all UM members. If you have a debate suggestion that is reasonable, hasn`t been debated before and can find someone to debate with, then I will be more than willing to start that debate!

Erikl

Walken, I would happily debate with you about the treaty of Versailles :yes:.

The thing is I already offered my participation in the Fuel Crisis debate and am currently in service :hmm:.

Is it possible to take part in more than one debate at a time? :huh:

Edited by Erikl

AztecInca
Is it possible to take part in more than one debate at a time?

Erikl, members are allowed to compete in up to 2 debates at any time if they feel they are up to doing so.

Edited by AztecInca

Lottie

Walken and Erikl, the debate is set up and ready to go. :tu:

Megalomania

This has PROBABLY already been suggested, but anyway.

"Is homework essential in children's education, or should it be limited to studying for tests, various assignments and skill related homework (i.e. things which need practice to develop, like Maths)"

Because I would really love to see if all these reports I write, are even worth it, as we could do it in class.

Division Bell
Cannabis, friend or foe?

Kryso

Good idea. I will Debate for medical and personal use! If anyone is up for a Debate?

about

Bird Flu: An over-exxageration or a real crisis?

I personally think this has got to be THE biggest over-exxageration(sp?) in human history, probably done so that the drug companies can make more money and the EU can increase its influence and power. Let us also not mention the millions, if not billions of birds that have been carelessly slaughtered by government slaves wearing blue tunics and gas masks.

UniversalMind

I will definitely take the stand AGAINST medicinal or personal use of marijuana.

I am interested in presenting this debate: In some states, specifically my state, the age at which a person is considered independent from their parents whether they live with their parents or not is 24, according to the educational system, meaning that a person under 24 is not intitled to grant money and loans in accordance to his own income but in combination with the income of his parents, as well, meaning, if his parents make considerable money, don't share that money with him, force him to live on his own, the state, as well, will not help him attend college until he is 24 nor allow him to claim that his income is low enough to be granted loans and grant money. The law stipulates that it is to the discretion of the university to permit one to claim himself as an independent under the age of 24, and that if the university does not recognize anyone under the age of 24 as independent, the law claims that the potential-student does not have the right to sue the university for refusal to recognize him as an independent individual. The difficult outcome is that people live on their own from the age of 18 - 24 and cannot obtain loan money from the state because the state tells them that their parents make to much money for them to qualify for enough grant money or loan money. At the same time, commercial loans are possible, but commercial loans require a credit history which young adults don't have. Again the young adult through no fault of their own, is set in a situation of having to wait six years to attend college... at least in my state.

A unique topic that I also may want to debate is the extent to which the media intrudes in the current and past lives of politicians. I would like to take the stand that our media system is TOO intrusive.

The court of law - a game or a fair system?

Definitely, I will take that stand that it is a game. One of my favorite quotes is "The supremacy of a lawyer is a great injustice to his opponents."

I'll take the debate stance AGAINST legalized prostitution.

I've been thinking about this also. A debate that I am strongly interested in is the debate against current Child Support and Spousal Support laws.

Edited by UniversalMind

Universal Mind: It is not necessary to post several times consecutively in the same thread. Should you have anything you wish to add, we have an 'edit' option availble.

JohnnyBoyC

I have an exteremely good suggestion, many many school districts are thinking about extending school hours by 2 hrs. If they do this, they will give all children friday as a weekend. I would like to start a debate about whether this is a good descision or not.

organisers, please randomly put me on one side of the debate.

Lottie

OK JohnnyBoyC that sounds interesting thanks for the heads up. I will get the debate up and running ffor you. Is there any particular side you would like to take?

UniversalMind

There is a serious need for a Big Bang debate.... it's get heated in the Mind Space Board and I am all against the Bada Bang Theory.