Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HOAX

bumblebug711

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Murmur

• Mr Walker

• bumblebug711

Until now, all text, stories, excuses and still no evidence....

That is true, how could I describe to someone what happens when it happens... I don't even fully understand it... My understanding of it even now means nothing to what it could be, nothing, or MUCH more...

I suppose I will be going to my university and seeing about what they can do to try and help me prove that there is more than what people are told is the norm.

Anyone wanna give me a good way to ask them? I can feel others feelings, tell what they are thinking, etc. etc. etc... and I want to measure it so I can prove it... Got any ideas?

We live in a free choice culture.

Those who try to prove they are more skilled at something, will frequently lose that skill if they try to invalidate another's view about that skill.

A high respect for another's reality perceptions is central to having and expanding any given skill set.

John

This is ridiculous. Let's make a fictional comparison. What if I was to tell you that I was the fastest typist on earth? That I was able to type so quickly that my fingers were a blur and that I had tested at over 1000 wpm? It should be easy for me to prove this superhuman gift correct? I could make a video of myself typing with a stopwatch running next to the keyboard. By your logic, the simple act of my making the video would cause me to no longer be able to type at such a speed. Sorry...things simply don't work that way. You can either do it or you can't.

Why can't anyone here provide conclusive video of their claimed supernatural abilities?

There were topics on supernatural powers, on how many supernatural powers they have, seeing auras, telekinesis, and other powers with "sis".

I'm a fan of these supernatural powers, I really want to see a real one, and honestly I don't have it. I came here to see any conclusive evidence that these supernatural powers do really exist, but everything are hoax.

Is there anyone here who can provide a conclusive evidence that he has this supernatural powers?

Please before claiming that you have these powers, please provide first a very conclusive evidence.

I don't believe that these powers can't be use to show off, as many states as a EXCUSE.

If these supernatural powers really exist please show conclusive evidence.

Ah, that is often a excuse of some.

But those that have powers often seek to missuse it, so most you know are liars. Though... some have better reasons for not showing.

For example, if I was to show my powers, you would have both to see suffering, death and grief, because that is what my powers mostly can do. And what little else I know of powers, can't be show in that way. There are also those which wish to don't go public, but rater try to find out of their own powers through places like this. And some might fear how people react if they learn the truth.

Lastly you have those which don't have the tols to show. Not all people are rich or have the time for such things. ^_^

*this is after all the human world*

Those who try to prove they are more skilled at something, will frequently lose that skill if they try to invalidate another's view about that skill.

A high respect for another's reality perceptions is central to having and expanding any given skill set.

John

what a cop out answer !!

If i had a constant video stream of my life from the age of 10 or so, they would be documented. As it is, i have hundreds of independent witnesses. If that is not enough for you, thats ok. Im not trying to convince you, i just need to be sure mysel,f for my own education and awareness, how much independent validity these events have, and how objective the occurences are.

Witnesses provide adequate verification for me, and as far as i am concerned that is all that matters.

I do, however, pity people who, for one reason or another close their minds, to the possibility of anything occuring unless it happens to them.

That is illogical, and a self limiting approach to life. Reality goes on, whether or not it impacts on your life.

Just because you do not have "talents"does not mean others can not. I also have an eidetic memory and can read a page of text in the second or so it takes to "see it". Do you have that ability? Do you deny that it exists? In fact, most humans can train their brains to these acccomplishments if they work hard at it for a pereiod of time, but only an incredibly small percentage ever do.

Perhaps utilising paranorma,l or psychic, powers requires not only an intrinsic human ability, and some particular physical structure of the brain, but also time and effort to sensitise and develop the mind to the ability. In dismissing the possibility you reduce the likelihood you will ever embrace it.

Ps i can create lucid dream scapes, populate and occupy them, through controlled lucid dreaming, and have been able to do so since early childhood, but it took years to develop and polish this skill to consistent standards.

MAny people deny this is possible too, often because it is outside their own physical expereince, but in recent years it has been scientificaly validated and well documented.

The bolded portion is the only meaningful portion of this post IMO. There would be no need for every minute of your life to be documented. Just one good video of you performing one of these amazing supernatural feats in front of a class would be sufficient. I find it hard to comprehend that you have become the stuff of legend in your town, demonstrating your gifts in front of literally hundreds of people over a span of 50 years, yet you have literally NO video evidence of it. Ok, so you claim you have no need to collect evidence of these things you claim you can do, but certainly someone else somewhere along the way would have liked to have a record of you performing these amazing acts. Is it really your claim that no one who has been witness to what you claim you can do has ever documented it? No one at all? I know that if I saw such things, I would certainly take video to show my friends and loved ones at the very least.

For you to state that people wanting proof of your claims before believing them is illogical is absurd. Illogical would be anyone believing that you have demonstrated your abilities for hundreds of people yet have not one single video illustrating them.

Having an eidetic memory has nothing whatsoever to do with the paranormal. There are many people worldwide who possess this ability, and I have no clue why you would include this in your supernatural resume.

Your completely subjective claims of what you can do in a dream state are meaningless. Dreams hold no importance to anyone other than the person dreaming them. Lucid dreaming is indeed possible and most people can learn to do it with varying degrees of success. Again, this has nothing to do with otherworldly gifts, and does nothing to validate your earlier claims.

Murmur,

well, then ....one can also tell you, that your claim of lucid dreaming is nonsense too.... just because you "say so" or "have done it" that makes it so????

What puts your claim above anothers....

But if I had a choice of beleiving Mr Walker, who has been on this site for some time and has built up a reputation of telling truths and consistancys in his statements... I'll pick him.

Murmur,

well, then ....one can also tell you, that your claim of lucid dreaming is nonsense too.... just because you "say so" or "have done it" that makes it so????

What puts your claim above anothers....

But if I had a choice of beleiving Mr Walker, who has been on this site for some time and has built up a reputation of telling truths and consistancys in his statements... I'll pick him.

Perhaps you need to reread my post. Nowhere did I claim that I myself was a lucid dreamer, or that I had created some virtual dreamland populated by beings. I stated that lucid dreaming is possible. I am a chronic insomniac and as such, find little hope that I would ever be able to accomplish it. I resent your stating that I made a claim of an ability which I did not make. Whether I have 1 post or 1000 is irrelevant when you are making false accusations. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

By the way, there are many many books and articles written about lucid dreaming and techniques one can use to accomplish it. I have yet to read one that indicated it was some specialized psychic power that only a few possess. Furthermore, I have read accounts of lucid dreaming written by many others who have accomplished it, and to date, Mr. Walker is the only one who has attributed it to a paranormal skill set.

I stand by my statement that dreams, lucid or not, only hold meaning or importance to the one who is dreaming them. The constructs of Mr. Walker's subconcious mind while sleeping are no more important or special than the constructs of yours or mine. If he is a proficient lucid dreamer, then congratulations to him, but this is neither proof nor evidence that he possesses any of the other gifts he has described. There is no way to prove or disprove what you dream, therefore making claims about dream abilities to substantiate other, more difficult to accept claims is meaningless.

I didnt say you did it... I stated you claim and state it is possible....

Just as Mr Walker makes his claims about things being possible...

And there are many books written about paranormal activities and abilities... whats your point...

Apply your same standard of thinkiing tu your OWN statements if your going to apply it to Mr Walker....

I didnt say you did it... I stated you claim and state it is possible....

Just as Mr Walker makes his claims about things being possible...

And there are many books written about paranormal activities and abilities... whats your point...

Apply your same standard of thinkiing tu your OWN statements if your going to apply it to Mr Walker....

This is ridiculous. What a person can or cannot dream CANNOT BE PROVEN in any way, shape or form. It is purely subjective. If someone studies lucid dreaming techniques, then reports that they have successfully performed it, then it has been accomplished. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the paranormal, and would be completely unrelated to claims of psychic gifts. I will state once more that dreams only hold significance to the dreamer. They are proof of nothing and should not be used to try to reinforce claims of psychic abilities.

If you are incapable of distinguishing between a subjective claim of lucid dreaming and a completely non-subjective claim of psychic powers, then I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you are being deliberately obtuse to prove some sort of a point, but I'm sure that Mr. Walker appreciates you coming to his defense.

We all dream, some lucidly. We do not all perform psychic feats witnessed by hundreds of people. For a person such as myself to desire proof of such claims is not only logical, but should be expected. One does not need to prove one can dream....or are you debating that dreams exist just to be argumentative???

Edited by Murmur

But those that have powers often seek to missuse it, so most you know are liars. Though... some have better reasons for not showing.

For example, if I was to show my powers, you would have both to see suffering, death and grief, because that is what my powers mostly can do. And what little else I know of powers, can't be show in that way. There are also those which wish to don't go public, but rater try to find out of their own powers through places like this. And some might fear how people react if they learn the truth.

Lastly you have those which don't have the tols to show. Not all people are rich or have the time for such things. ^_^

Show me your powers. I am prepared to accept the consequences.

John

Word salad does not a proper thought convey.

Edited by Dr. Gregory House

to MR Walker

Your completely subjective claims of what you can do in a dream state are meaningless. Dreams hold no importance to anyone other than the person dreaming them. Lucid dreaming is indeed possible and most people can learn to do it with varying degrees of success. Again, this has nothing to do with otherworldly gifts, and does nothing to validate your earlier claims.

Your putting Mr Walker down stating he has no validation of his other claims... however you make a similar claim that Lucid dreaming is possible... and self admittedly that youve never yourself even experienced it....

Again I say... what makes YOUR claim that lucid dreaming is possible...any different then what he claims?

Where is YOUR proof the Lucid dreaming is REAL????? dont bring up the books because there are also books about other abilites in the para feild too...

If your applying the concept of his having no proof, then you must also apply the "No proof" to wether Lucid dreaming even exists at all.....

Perhaps you need to reread my post. Nowhere did I claim that I myself was a lucid dreamer, or that I had created some virtual dreamland populated by beings. I stated that lucid dreaming is possible. I am a chronic insomniac and as such, find little hope that I would ever be able to accomplish it. I resent your stating that I made a claim of an ability which I did not make. Whether I have 1 post or 1000 is irrelevant when you are making false accusations. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

(wftl) (((((I never said you claimed to have the ""ability""... only that you yourself stated its a possibility to do so....)))))

By the way, there are many many books and articles written about lucid dreaming and techniques one can use to accomplish it. I have yet to read one that indicated it was some specialized psychic power that only a few possess. Furthermore, I have read accounts of lucid dreaming written by many others who have accomplished it, and to date, Mr. Walker is the only one who has attributed it to a paranormal skill set.

I stand by my statement that dreams, lucid or not, only hold meaning or importance to the one who is dreaming them. The constructs of Mr. Walker's subconcious mind while sleeping are no more important or special than the constructs of yours or mine. If he is a proficient lucid dreamer, then congratulations to him, but this is neither proof nor evidence that he possesses any of the other gifts he has described. There is no way to prove or disprove what you dream, therefore making claims about dream abilities to substantiate other, more difficult to accept claims is meaningless.

This does take some ability to accomplish. It takes mind training, almost like a medatative state or an altered conciousness to acheive it.... Same as the other abilites Mr Walker has does ... they take alot of practice...it doesnt happen over night.

Can everyone do it?? NO

Does everyone have the ability to do so if they practice??? YES

Do not be so quick to dismiss ones claims of abilities is what Im saying...

Dont tell a hunter how to hunt in the woods, if youve never been there to begin with yourself.

Im done.....

Your little "oh, fear me, I'm a demon and have evil powers" shtick is getting really, really old.

Perhaps it's time to grow up and join your fellow humans in normality now?

Edited by Moonie2012

Perhaps it's time to grow up and join your fellow humans in normality now?

Perhaps she already did.

"this is after all the human world"

So the mere act of trying to prove you have a "skill" makes the "skill" dissappear? Riiiight. That's a BS excuse if I ever heard one.

It's more like trying to prove you have a "skill" and not being able to do it just proves you never had said "skill" to begin with.

That's what SHE said.

Your putting Mr Walker down stating he has no validation of his other claims... however you make a similar claim that Lucid dreaming is possible... and self admittedly that youve never yourself even experienced it....

He has provided no validation. Just because someone says they have psychic abilities doesn't make it so. To use a skill such as lucid dreaming as reinforcement of psychic abilities is pointless. For the second and hopefully final time, what a person dreams CANNOT BE PROVEN full stop. Accomplishing a feat of psychic prowess in front of a room full of people CAN BE PROVEN. You are harping on a point that is fully moot out of a desire to argue with a skeptic. Lucid dreaming is not some magical skill. It is not paranormal. It is a mental training exercise. Nothing more, nothing less. It can be accomplished with varying degrees of success by most people (which is what I've claimed all along despite your protests). It is in no way, shape, or form related to psychic abilities. That is why I said (and will continue to say) that it SHOULD NOT be used as proof of paranormal skills. You have done your very best to try to turn my words around upon me, and you have failed to do so. One does not need to, nor can they, prove what and how they dream. Your failure to grasp this point has frankly astonished me.

Again I say... what makes YOUR claim that lucid dreaming is possible...any different then what he claims?

Where is YOUR proof the Lucid dreaming is REAL????? dont bring up the books because there are also books about other abilites in the para feild too...

If your applying the concept of his having no proof, then you must also apply the "No proof" to wether Lucid dreaming even exists at all.....

Good grief...again you have said it. YOU CANNOT PROVE WHAT YOU DREAM. You cannot make a video recording of a dream. The only point to lucid dreaming is to enrich the experience of the dreamer, which by the way substantiates what I said previously about dreams only having significance to the person dreaming them. I don't think you actually understand what a lucid dream is, or that why you arguing that I need to prove they exist is pointless. Perhaps you are confusing lucid dreaming with OBE and that is why you keep flogging this point to death.

This does take some ability to accomplish. It takes mind training, almost like a medatative state or an altered conciousness to acheive it.... Same as the other abilites Mr Walker has does ... they take alot of practice...it doesnt happen over night.

This is the first I've ever heard of ANYONE needing a meditative state to lucid dream. Again I suspect you have confused OBE with lucid dreaming. There is a vast difference between the two. Lucid dreaming is a mental training exercise, not a state of altered conciousness.

Can everyone do it?? NO

Does everyone have the ability to do so if they practice??? YES

Can everyone perform feats of psychic prowess? NO

Does everyone have the ability to do so if they practice? NO

Therein lies my point. You are, for some unknown reason, unable to grasp this essential difference. Exceptional claims require proof if they are going to be believed. You have somehow surmised that since Mr. Walker can lucid dream (something that you yourself have claimed EVERYONE can do) that it verifies his claims that he has psychic powers that supercede anything your average person can do. This is completely irrational. That is like saying that because Mr. Walker can drive a car (something that anyone can do with training) that he can also walk on water (an exceptional claim that would require proof to be believed). It just simply doesn't add up.

Do not be so quick to dismiss ones claims of abilities is what Im saying...

Dont tell a hunter how to hunt in the woods, if youve never been there to begin with yourself.

I dismiss nothing. I simply requested proof of exceptional claims. You have insisted that lucid dreaming is somehow related to the paranormal and as such provides validation of these claims. I have stated, and will continue to state, that lucid dreaming has nothing to do with the paranormal whatsoever, therefore should have been left off of his paranormal resume. You have attempted to twist my words around because I am skeptical of his claims, but to no end.

Don't tell the hunter how to hunt? I've been hunting for the proof of psychic abilities for years now, but that quarry has been quite elusive. I was hoping that I could finally end my hunt with Mr. Walker, but sadly, the quest continues.

Im done.....

Alrighty then.

P.s. I said """"LIKE""" a meditative state... re read this... dont put words in my mouth...

P.S.S Lucid dreaming is when one is asleep.... therefore altered concious.... re read please....

I do understand what Lucid dreaming is... I have done it as well as OBE. (But no OBE since I was young)

It seems YOU are the one who does not grasp what they are, how acheived or """IF""" they exist.

They only thing I do agree with is that,,, yes, you are correct in that the one experiencing these things can not prove what they experienced while in these states, unless they see what others are doing while in OBE and their actions are told to them that are seen ...and of course that can only apply to "this" plane... most wont even acknowledge the astral plane exists either. which by the way... I do....

However back to my point again, which you dont seem to get and continue not to...

as your asking for proof on Mr Walkers claim... and you state ""He has provided no validation. Just because someone says they have psychic abilities doesn't make it so."""

the proof is only in the person who can validate the info.... such as the person being read, or the person seen in OBE who can confirm their actions when seen....So Of course Mr Walker cant ""validate""" ....""validation"" comes from the client not the person making the claim.

If you understood this, youd understand why it cant be.... But like I said considering his time spent here, he has established himself to be trust worthy, in his experiences, my knowledge of their existance, and my own experiences... I BELEIVE HIM.

So dont be so quick to walk into a room and start telling those in it, they are full of it...

If youve never hunted, dont tell me how to load my rifle..... or him for that matter.

OK...Now Im done.

By the way... Im sorry you still feel a loss for your favorite pony.....

P.s. I said """"LIKE""" a meditative state... re read this... dont put words in my mouth...

P.S.S Lucid dreaming is when one is asleep.... therefore altered concious.... re read please....

I do understand what Lucid dreaming is... I have done it as well as OBE. (But no OBE since I was young)

It seems YOU are the one who does not grasp what they are, how acheived or """IF""" they exist.

They only thing I do agree with is that,,, yes, you are correct in that the one experiencing these things can not prove what they experienced while in these states, unless they see what others are doing while in OBE and their actions are told to them that are seen ...and of course that can only apply to "this" plane... most wont even acknowledge the astral plane exists either. which by the way... I do....

However back to my point again, which you dont seem to get and continue not to...

as your asking for proof on Mr Walkers claim... and you state ""He has provided no validation. Just because someone says they have psychic abilities doesn't make it so."""

the proof is only in the person who can validate the info.... such as the person being read, or the person seen in OBE who can confirm their actions when seen....So Of course Mr Walker cant ""validate""" ....""validation"" comes from the client not the person making the claim.

If you understood this, youd understand why it cant be.... But like I said considering his time spent here, he has established himself to be trust worthy, in his experiences, my knowledge of their existance, and my own experiences... I BELEIVE HIM.

So dont be so quick to walk into a room and start telling those in it, they are full of it...

If youve never hunted, dont tell me how to load my rifle..... or him for that matter.

OK...Now Im done.

Groan...I do understand precisely what a lucid dream is. It has nothing to do with meditation. It is a mental control exercise, beginning with the realization that you are dreaming while having the dream. Thanks for clarifying that you have to be asleep to dream. That part really had me stumped. :tu: If you understand that dreams, regardless of variety, have no way of being proven, then why have you been insisting that I provide proof of their existance lo these many posts? I previously stated that I felt you were being deliberately argumentative on this point, and it appears that I was correct.

Mr. Walker could easily validate his claim by taking a video, or obtaining a video from someone who has witnessed his abilities. Since he claims that he has displayed these abilities to literally hundreds of people, it should be fairly simple to provide some sort of corroborating evidence. Not to mention, that since I assume he still has these abilities, he could easily have a video made of his next demonstration.

You can BELIEVE him all you like. I'm not telling you what to believe, nor do I care if you do. As for myself, I am not searching for belief. I am searching for evidence. I have been searching for many years. I have yet to find any that I would consider genuine. Mr. Walker made claims of abilities, I requested evidence (as is exceedingly common on this forum), you took offense and jumped in on his behalf. Mr. Walker has still not responded, so I can only surmise he has nothing more to add and is content to let you defend his honor. I never once stated that he was "full of it". You have gotten really worked up over this. It's especially strange from my point of view, considering that YOU were never requested of anything, nor did I comment on any of YOUR alleged abilities. Do you get this agitated every time a skeptic requests evidence, or was I fair game, in your opinion, due to my low post count?

Your fondness for metaphor involving hunting and firearms is quite intriguing. I will refrain from making any psychological comparisons.

By the way... Im sorry you still feel a loss for your favorite pony.....

Gee, that's thoughtful of you. Did you get a psychic hit telling you that I had a pony when I was young? Your spidey senses were off on this one, if that is the case. I certainly hope it was a misguided "reading", because otherwise that would mean that you just made a nonsensical jab towards me in an attempt to raise my ire, and that surely couldn't be the case. :tu::wacko:

Groan...I do understand precisely what a lucid dream is. It has nothing to do with meditation. It is a mental control exercise, beginning with the realization that you are dreaming while having the dream. Thanks for clarifying that you have to be asleep to dream. That part really had me stumped. :tu: If you understand that dreams, regardless of variety, have no way of being proven, then why have you been insisting that I provide proof of their existance lo these many posts? I previously stated that I felt you were being deliberately argumentative on this point, and it appears that I was correct.

Mr. Walker could easily validate his claim by taking a video, or obtaining a video from someone who has witnessed his abilities. Since he claims that he has displayed these abilities to literally hundreds of people, it should be fairly simple to provide some sort of corroborating evidence. Not to mention, that since I assume he still has these abilities, he could easily have a video made of his next demonstration.

You can BELIEVE him all you like. I'm not telling you what to believe, nor do I care if you do. As for myself, I am not searching for belief. I am searching for evidence. I have been searching for many years. I have yet to find any that I would consider genuine. Mr. Walker made claims of abilities, I requested evidence (as is exceedingly common on this forum), you took offense and jumped in on his behalf. Mr. Walker has still not responded, so I can only surmise he has nothing more to add and is content to let you defend his honor. I never once stated that he was "full of it". You have gotten really worked up over this. It's especially strange from my point of view, considering that YOU were never requested of anything, nor did I comment on any of YOUR alleged abilities. Do you get this agitated every time a skeptic requests evidence, or was I fair game, in your opinion, due to my low post count?

Your fondness for metaphor involving hunting and firearms is quite intriguing. I will refrain from making any psychological comparisons.

Gee, that's thoughtful of you. Did you get a psychic hit telling you that I had a pony when I was young? Your spidey senses were off on this one, if that is the case. I certainly hope it was a misguided "reading", because otherwise that would mean that you just made a nonsensical jab towards me in an attempt to raise my ire, and that surely couldn't be the case. :tu::wacko:

Yes your correct in your perception.

It was intentional...same as your antagonizing him for proof that you know cant be provided....

And agan....GROAN >>>> I never said it had anything to do with meditating..... ARghhhh.

You left out the most important part about being able to control the dream and its outcome....

While Im glad for you that youve recently come into your own in these past few years... dont allow your desire for telling others what to do and how, spill out into everyday life, and with everyone you encounter.... You cant apply direction to all aspects of life... This is too much an abstract way of looking at things... usually one sided... as youve just seen.

And no...I wasnt looking to shoot you...however dont make judgement on what you dont know about... you were imlying that he is full of it, and this is where I took offence in your demands, because you know it cant be provided. As you said how does one provide proof od what they dream?

Blessings and Peace

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT