Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Guilty Conscience

Beckys_Mom

I choose this one then. Because I had my version of religion waaaaay before I ever did anything I felt I needed forgivness from others over.

Well I have forgiven myself for all the things I have done for example but that doesnt stop others from throwing rotten fruit at me when I'm in the street(so to speak...) because they dont like what I have done in the past. So for all the things I've done I can forgive myself because I'm like this with God*crosses his fingers* and the problems start(imo) when others are the ones that havent be able to find forgiveness. You see. :)

So I dont seek forginess for me when I ask for it...

Fogive me here........but you must have done something really bad? if you did...........then the best thing to do...is to move away from where those are still taunting you.....and live again

Obviously you have seen what you did was wrong.......you came to terms with it right?...........not many do this

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Kazahel

• Lt_Ripley

• Sherapy

Believing in religion out of guilt is a bad reason to believe in a religion.

Salaam (Peace)

Agreed. Wrong motovation in my opinion.

Fogive me here........but you must have done something really bad? if you did...........then the best thing to do...is to move away from where those are still taunting you.....and live again

I am just an example. But I disagree. I think if I was to move away its like saying that bullying is a good thing, especially to the bullies. You see... if people bully you because of what you have done then its wrong to run from that imo. They are the ones who need to learn and if I was to move away then that only teaches them to do it again to another. And I wouldnt want that to happen to my son for example. Like would you move away BM and let people bully you out of town? And what happens when it happens everywhere you move to, if you do move away? So nah...

Obviously you have seen what you did was wrong.......you came to terms with it right?...........not many do this

In time things change.

Edited by Kazahel

I am just an example. But I disagree. I think if I was to move away its like saying that bullying is a good thing, especially to the bullies. You see... if people bully you because of what you have done then its wrong to run from that imo. They are the ones who need to learn and if I was to move away then that only teaches them to do it again to another. Like would you move away BM and let people bully you out of town? And what happens when it happens everwhere you move to, if you do move?

So staying to prove a point............does what?.lets face it......if it is so bothersome......and you do not get peace........then why should you care about what they might think?

So staying to prove a point............does what?.lets face it......if it is so bothersome......and you do not get peace........then why should you care about what they might think?

Not staying to prove a point... staying to teach bullies which is a difference imo. Because I dont want them to act this way towards people like my son who is growing up in this world as well.

Anyway like I asked BM... would you let people bully you out of town because you have done nothing wrong but people think you have(I shouldve worded it this way from the start though)?

Edited by Kazahel

Not staying to prove a point... staying to teach bullies which is a difference imo. Because I dont want them to act this way towards people like my son who is growing up in this world as well.

Anyway like I asked BM... would you let people bully you out of town because you have done nothing wrong but people think you have(I shouldve worded it this way from the start though)?

It would depend on the situation and how long ago it was...IE what I did was so bad.......in order to make people hate me

If I did something so bad..and people hated me...I would move.........yes

If I did something so bad..and people hated me...I would move.........yes

How about if you did something bad but was found not guilty but others still thought you guilty?...

So Im not moving anywhere(using me as an example). I like my home and I like my garden and I like my street, its just the curious neighbors that bug me because they tend to listen in and open my mail and do rude stuff like that..

Edited by Kazahel

How about if you did something bad but was found not guilty but others still thought you guilty?...

That what you just posted right there...sounds contradicting.......you said.....if I did something bad.........but was found not guilty <----------I did it but found not guilty????? that itself would be one big stinker of a lie then

especially if I did do it

..then yes I would be guilty then wouldnt I?

Shouldnt you have said............what if you were accussed of doing something bad and later found not guilty?

seems to me like you are missing a big part here

That what you just posted right there...sounds contradicting.......you said.....if I did something bad.........but was found not guilty <----------I did it but found not guilty????? that itself would be one big stinker of a lie then

especially if I did do it

..then yes I would be guilty then wouldnt I?

Shouldnt you have said............what if you were accussed of doing something bad and later found not guilty?

seems to me like you are missing a big part here

No you just dont think deep enough..

Sometimes people can do things which are considered bad to the person who had done it(and others around), but not considered bad in a law aspect. For example someone might be defending themselves and accidentally take a life from a prolonged attack. Now that person(maybe a buddhist who belives in rebirth..) might be charged with murder(out of ignorance) and then might eventually have that charge thrown out of court(when a proper judge see it) on the grounds of self defence. That person then who was charged with murder should not have to leave town because some of the folk run around slandering him still calling him a murderer. You see. So sometimes people can do wrong things which feel bad of course but are not actually guilty of anything.

Edited by Kazahel

Sometimes people can do things which are considered bad to the person who had done it(and others around), but not considered bad in a law aspect. For example someone might be defending themselves and accidentally take a life from a prolonged attack. Now that person might be charged with murder(out of ignorance) and then might eventually have that charge thrown out of court(when a proper judge see it) on the grounds of self defence. That person then who was charged with murder should not have to leave town because some of the folk run around slandering him still calling him a murderer. You see. So sometimes people can do wrong things which feel bad of course but are not actually guilty of anything.

It would help if we knew what you were talking about.

Some people do horrible things and think they have done nothing wrong. pedophiles are like this. some molest kids and then blame the kids by saying the kids seduced them or say that the child gave permission. ugh.. what a load of crap.

so it depends what you have done. A court may not have found you guilty but sometimes even the most horrible of people can get away with murder... OJ ...

could it be that those around you are right ? we don't know , or I don't , know your story ... could it be you think we'd find you guilty too ? Obviously you have some shame about it .

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Sometimes people can do things which are considered bad to the person who had done it(and others around), but not considered bad in a law aspect. For example someone might be defending themselves and accidentally take a life from a prolonged attack. Now that person(maybe a buddhist who belives in rebirth..) might be charged with murder(out of ignorance) and then might eventually have that charge thrown out of court(when a proper judge see it) on the grounds of self defence. That person then who was charged with murder should not have to leave town because some of the folk run around slandering him still calling him a murderer. You see. So sometimes people can do wrong things which feel bad of course but are not actually guilty of anything.

You are talking aout killing someone in the act of self defence?

If so.........then its is not exactly murder...is it? ....if you were protecting yourself...then that is what people are thought to do

If people are calling you a murderer.......and if this took place long ago........then these people are sad acts......but I would move away....reason being, I wouldnt wanna live in a pace fi9lled with those memories....

I dunnoo...but I dont call it murder, not in that respect no...but thats just me

A court may not have found you guilty but sometimes even the most horrible of people can get away with murder... OJ ...

A perfect example... he is being accused again after being proven not guilty.

but I would move away....reason being, I wouldnt wanna live in a pace fi9lled with those memories....

'Memories' follow you..... so its pointless to move I think.

Edited by Kazahel

A perfect example... he is being accused again after being proven not guilty.

he was guilty and got off on technicalities.. even his defense team had come forward later to say they thought he was guilty. Robert Shapiro called OJ a Sociopath ! even his best freind did ( the one who drove him around.) But money works , and he had a great defense team. not to forget ... that glove that didn't fit ? if they had a leather expert this is what they would have heard ..

- leather shrinks when wet ( it had been laying in the wet grass for hours ) tight fitting leather driving gloves are heck to put on when dry let alone a smaller wet size and even harder if not impossible when one is wearing latex gloves !! so that glove argument the defense had of 'if it don't fit you gotta acquit ? should have been looked at better . they were his.

he was guilty. you have to be blind not to see that.. or biased.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

'Memories' follow you..... so its pointless to move I think.

Not if you are well away from the place and the people that know you

he was guilty and got off on technicalities.. even his defense team had come forward later to say they thought he was guilty. even his best freind did ( the one who drove him around.) But money works , and he had a great defense team. not to forget ... that glove that didn't fit ? if they had a leather expert this is what they would have heard ..

- leather shrinks when wet ( it had been laying in the wet grass for hours ) tight fitting leather driving gloves are heck to put on when dry let alone a smaller wet size and even harder if not impossible when one is wearing latex gloves !! so that glove argument the defense had of 'if it don't fit you gotta acquit ? should have been looked at better . they were his.

he was guilty. you have to be blind not to see that.. or biased.

But thats all irrelevant on what everyone 'thinks'. The fact is that he is found not guilty. Which means you dont go around saying he is guilty and accuse him constantly afterwards. Otherwise you do that to everybody almost on some level who find themselves in those unfortunate circumstances. Which is not very nice.

Edited by Kazahel

But thats all irrelevant on what everyone 'thinks'. The fact is that he is found not guilty. Which means you dont go around saying he is guilty and accuse him constantly afterwards. Otherwise you do that to everybody almost on some level who find themselves in those unfortunate circumstances.

Just because the law finds one not guilty of a crime doesn't mean they aren't guilty of one. it means they got around the system. OJ may have been legally found not guilty , but he used loopholes and money to be found so.

like the biased racist nature of that one cop ? tell me ANYONE who hasn't thought a racist thought or said a racist word in their entire lives. You'd be hard pressed to find a dozen in the US. but because of that it ruined the credibility of that officer. Bullcrap is what that was. That doesn't mean he didn't do his job correctly.

OJ got off when he shouldn't have. another factor to this ? was the fear that morons were going to riot again.Even OJ's kids now want nothing to do with him !

If you have done something and was found not guilty by the courts for some loophole when you were guilty I can see why the whole town admonishes you. Guilty people do at times get off as not guilty.

and it's odd you won't talk about it but obviously feel shame over it. maybe you are guilty ? and why not move ? why would it follow you ? unless you have to register as a sex offender.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

But thats all irrelevant on what everyone 'thinks'. The fact is that he is found not guilty. Which means you dont go around saying he is guilty and accuse him constantly afterwards. Otherwise you do that to everybody almost on some level who find themselves in those unfortunate circumstances. Which is not very nice.

Lots of people have been found not guilty and really were guilty.............

In a prison....if you asked a bunch of prisioners were they guilty or innocent.......have a wild guess what the outcome would be? LMAO

Lots of people have been found not guilty and really were guilty.............

In a prison....if you asked a bunch of prisioners were they guilty or innocent.......have a wild guess what the outcome would be? LMAO

Yes but you cant tell the difference. And thats the thing.. and because you cant really tell the difference we use courts and judges...

So if you think this way liek some 'get off' then you are still kinda accusing the legit ones still.

Yes but you cant tell the difference. And thats the thing.. and because you cant really tell the difference we use courts and judges...

So if you think this way liek some 'get off' then you are still kinda accusing the legit ones still.

Kaz....with respect...............you havent exactly gave much of a story for me to go on have you........you are being rather vague....if I knew the story...then I could shed more light on it...but I dont

not trying to pry ...........ok well yes I am LOL I cant help myself I am a women after alll :lol:

plenty of guilty of the crime people get labeled not guilty by the courts. just like many innocent people go to jail.

2 questions .. did you kill someone ?

do you have to register as a sex offender ?

Edited by Lt_Ripley

plenty of guilty of the crime people get labeled not guilty by the courts. just like many innocent people go to jail.

Do you understand what I mean though? For the person who gets aquitted they are still made to be thought of like 'oj's' from ignorant people(it goes through people minds.. that doubt and then it goes frmo there....) And I cant explain it anymore really, some people will always accuse others no matter what, so yeah.

Edited by Kazahel

2 questions .. did you kill someone ?

do you have to register as a sex offender ?

Pardon me!!? Why have you asked me either of those questions?! Do you often try to slander people or something?

Edited by Kazahel

Pardon me!!? Why have you asked me either of those questions?! Do you often try to slander people or something?

is it slander ? what have you done that people should bully you that you were found not guilty for ?

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Do you understand what I mean though? For the person who gets aquitted they are still made to be thought of like 'oj's' from ignorant people(it goes through people minds.. that doubt and then it goes frmo there....) And I cant explain it anymore really, some people will always accuse others no matter what, so yeah.

OJ was guilty

Anyhoo here is a made up story...that might make people still hold something against a person

Say a man is guilty and he molested and beat a child....................the parent of this child attacks the offender................the offender fights him and kills him..............is taken to court...and found not guilty of 1st degree murder

now..........if the town folk know this man and know he is a child molestor and bad.....and as a result of a fight...one died.........and they find out he is found by a judge as not guilty.......they will be outraged and will kick up a stink when they see him

The above is just something I made up.........but it would make sense to me

Your story isnt really getting me thinking...I cant say anything about you Kaz....you have been rather vague

sorry mate