Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion vs. Sexual Desire

Beckys_Mom

It's also a part of Christianity to hold judgement on others. So, if both can't be true, which is the mistake? I'd put my money on condemning others. I find it much easier to believe that some sillly anti-gay aspect was added in by some paranoid Roman at some point during the history of our current Bible. Sorry non-believers, but not all Christians want to kill everyone thats different, so unload the rifles.

I am not judging anyone, simply stating the facts. Which heck, if a Christian was living in these sins the non-believers would be grilling them over a openfire for hypocracy and that does happen. I am just pleased I got a grip on myself and not entangled in the need to seek a partner for sex outside of marriage.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Meiliken

• Lt_Ripley

• TheKnight

Put a man in a dress, tell him he can't have sex with women. Then, surround him with teenaged boys. The outcome, while tragic and disgusting, was inevitable. I am reminded of that episode of southpark, where one priest goes to the vatican, and is lambasted for antipediphile views.

Put a man in a dress, tell him he can't have sex with women. Then, surround him with teenaged boys. The outcome, while tragic and disgusting, was inevitable. I am reminded of that episode of southpark, where one priest goes to the vatican, and is lambasted for antipediphile views.

Personally I am a Protestant but yes, it may be apparent some chose the wrong profession.

I am not judging anyone, simply stating the facts. Which heck, if a Christian was living in these sins the non-believers would be grilling them over a openfire for hypocracy and that does happen. I am just pleased I got a grip on myself and not entangled in the need to seek a partner for sex outside of marriage.

Ther are many homosexual Christians and the non believers could careless. It would be fellow Christians holding them over the coals ! Oh wait a sec the Vatican protects these homosexual feelings as long as it's within there cast group. Yes the hypocracy is abound LOL.

You were doing nothing but judging when you constantly went on and on about how people are under the influence of sex......you judged anyone that had sex with their partners who were not married.......you juedged homosexuals too

you said what was it? ohh yeaa they lived lives of darkness

that Manzilla is judging

(Manszilla @ Jun 27 2009, 08:16 PM) *

facts ??? you and facts are like oil and water. your religious opinion means squat .

keep that firm grip on yourself... and quit thinking about the gay people that have no impact on your life... unless you intend to come out.

I used to be a devout Buddhist. However, I have decided to leave it because one of Buddhist monks in my country always encouraged people to suppress their sexual desire. Certainly, sex is only one of many reasons why I left Buddhism, but it's a huge reason. I have nothing against people who choose to live ascetic life. However, pushing agenda about it is a problem.

I don't see anything wrong with having sexual desire for someone we love, no matter that person is homo or hetero. After all, it enhances our emotional lives doesn't it? I don't understand why Buddhism looks at sex and romantic relationship in such a negative way. What's so bad with a person who is faithful to his/her spouse and desires him/her? Any Buddhist here, please enlighten me!

I used to be a devout Buddhist. However, I have decided to leave it because one of Buddhist monks in my country always encouraged people to suppress their sexual desire. Certainly, sex is only one of many reasons why I left Buddhism, but it's a huge reason. I have nothing against people who choose to live ascetic life. However, pushing agenda about it is a problem.

I don't see anything wrong with having sexual desire for someone we love, no matter that person is homo or hetero. After all, it enhances our emotional lives doesn't it? I don't understand why Buddhism looks at sex and romantic relationship in such a negative way. What's so bad with a person who is faithful to his/her spouse and desires him/her? Any Buddhist here, please enlighten me!

I am not buddhist but I agree with you..........pity those that chant hate didnt!!

I choose to follow the ministers and Bible writers of days of old as led by the Holy Spirit

In James 1:8 warns

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

There are further warnings against Christians that allow themselves to be carried away in their sins, their ineffectualness and duplicit nature denies the power of Christ to save. Read 1 Timothy 4 and 2 Peter 2.

1 Timothy 4

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

6If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

7But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

9This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

10For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

11These things command and teach.

12Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

13Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2 Peter 2

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

13And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

14Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

15Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

16But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

17These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

18For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Herman Munster, it is wonderful to hear different opinions on this website; I learn so much. I have reported your post to the mods.

#1-did you notice there is a no preaching rule?

#2-you did not just pull this offensive selection of n.t. quotes at random out of your head. What website or sermon or book are you quoting without source? Which English mistranslation are you pasting from?

Please include source links. If text comes from a website a link to that site must be included.

2c. Copyrighted material: If you quote text from another web site then please properly credit the source. Not doing so constitutes plagiarism, always include a source link with quoted material. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting copyrighted material from other web sites, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.

Also, make sure that any religious text is being quoted as an example of one's argument. Preaching for the purposes of conversion, or utilizing UM forum as a pulpit is not allowed.

2j. Preaching: Do not promote or push religious beliefs on to others, we have visitors from all over the world of many different faiths and we ask that all beliefs be respected. Using the site to preach to, convert other members or to 'advertise' a belief system is disallowed, this board is about letting people decide for themselves what to believe.

Okay, time for some Satanic philosophy (LaVeyan that it) on this matter. ^_^

Anton LaVey in the Satanic Bible says the following, "Satanism encourages any form of sexual expression you may desire, SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE." With a couple of exceptions such as the masochist since this person gets gratification out of pain it would be torture and not pleasure to deny the masochist their pleasure. The other exception is when one does their best to hide their sexual "abnormalities" from loved ones but is found out anyway.

As long as you and the participants desires are fulfilled be it through, hetero, bisexual, homo, and even asexual activity, it is condoned by Satanism. HOWEVER, Satanism again does not condone intentionally harming others by violating their "sexual rights."

"If you attempt to impose your sexual desires upon others who do not welcome your advances, you are infringing upon their sexual freedom. Therefore, Satanism does not advocate rape, child molesting, sexual defilement of animals or any other form of sexual activity which entails the participation of those who are unwilling or whose innocense or naivete would allow them to be intimidated or misguided into doing something against their wishes." (Anton LaVey from The Satanic Bible Chapter titled Satanic Sex)

I agree that that sounds a little preachy, but I felt the philosophy behind it maintains a solid foundation. ;)

I like this topic. :tu: It also brings up to mind m********ion since it has been frowned upon for so long by certain religions. While many realize it's perfectly natural, religion poses a moral dilemma for such gratification although it's the most harmless pleasure since it's all in the individuals "hands" per say. Excuse the pun. Since the OT and the actions of Onan (Gen 38:7-10) mankind has been posed with the dilemma of it being a sin to gratify the self.

LaVey brings up a interesting point and to an extent I agree. He says, "Even if a person is no longer struggling under the burden of religiously-induced guilt...modern man still feels shame if he yileds to his m********ory desires." A man who pleasures himself may feel robbed of his manhood for not going out and engages in "women chasing." And just as equal a woman who pleasures herself may still yearn for the ego-gratification of seduction.

:devil:

Herman Munster, it is wonderful to hear different opinions on this website; I learn so much. I have reported your post to the mods.

#1-did you notice there is a no preaching rule?

#2-you did not just pull this offensive selection of n.t. quotes at random out of your head. What website or sermon or book are you quoting without source? Which English mistranslation are you pasting from?

#1 not preaching but rather defending my religious views marriage and sex

#2 that's straight outta the King James Version Bible which btw has no copyright

#1 not preaching but rather defending my religious views marriage and sex

#2 that's straight outta the King James Version Bible which btw has no copyright

did you know King James , who commissioned that bible , was bi sexual ? yep !

one of his lovers was Robert Carr, 1st Earl of Somerset ;)

so thank a queer for your bible !

http://www.libchrist.com/other/homosexual/kingjames.html

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

did you know King James , who commissioned that bible , was bi sexual ? yep !

one of his lovers was Robert Carr, 1st Earl of Somerset ;)

so thank a queer for your bible !

Well Said Ripley LMAO :lol:

What's the big deal? In islamic countries you are free to practice whatever sexuality you wish in your own religious community if the jizya tax is payed. Muslims can have up to 4 wives if they love them equally and gay uh, well remember those talebans, their many same sex relationships even with boys. Ever heard about kandaharis or pashtunes? Jews can marry their nieces and zoroastrians go even further with their khwedotas. According to christianity, wasn't virgin Mary about 12 when she was married to Joseph? No problem should there be with teenager married to teenager and what about that NAMBLA? It isn't a religious organisation but it promotes relationships with consenting teenagers. And so does g0ys.org.

The western secular ethics so suck! Why cannot everyone live the lifes they wan't and be in whatever consenting relationship without fear of oppression, persecution etc? Homosexuality does not anyone or does heterosexuality but the anal psychosis is really tormenting to them both. You can't get STD:s, hemorrhoids etc by frot and fidelity.

By the way I'm not religious but a spiritual person.

What's the big deal? In islamic countries you are free to practice whatever sexuality you wish in your own religious community

Is that why they still hang gays? I saw it all on Sky News.......still to this day muslims hang gays..........so how does this make them free to be gay?