Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cavemen drawings - why don't they have beards?

cos_mic_kid

We all take cavemen drawings on cave walls for granted. But have we all seemed to somehow neglect to notice that they never drew the men with any beards. I could be wrong but do not think so.

I have a theory that they were perhaps the survivors from the destroyed Atlantis. So maybe they had the technology / knowlegde to shave.

If they were evolving primates is it possible that they had a strong sense of self identity? Doubtful.

Or were these beings hybrids?

Also does anyone have any information on how the egyptians shaved, as their carvings depict neat and tidy goatees.

Thx.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendekar Timur

• snuffypuffer

• man_in_mudboots

• STIX

maybe they didn't think it was that important. or maybe they found it too hard to draw. either way, i don't see what the big scandal about it is huh.gif

No beards? They didn't have faces either, or hair. Drawing accurately, like any other artform, took a long time to evolve beyond its primitive roots.

It was their ART...... they can draw themselves anyway they like, but maybe they just didn`t draw them because their pictures were never super detailed and putting on a beard wouldn`t be right thumbsup.gif their way of drawing.lol..............who knows????

Mabbe they didn't have ne hair. Like the V'ornn(sp?) from that one series by that one dude who's name I can't remember.

those were good books, i hafta read them again

That's odd, I never noticed that before  ohmy.gif

..me too.. blink.gif

i think they drawed a young boy hunting..(what ever)

and they didnt drawed old man hunting..

icon_mrgreen.gif

p/s-well,that is just my opinion.. stretch.gifblink.gif

omg, I saw one and the person had no nose, mabye back then our noses werent as developed and didnt stick out from our face...and now we are more evolved....doesnt that sound ridiculous?

Cos_mic_kid

I think you are making a serious and fundamental point that nobody has noticed or considered before.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Some races of people have very little body hair. *shrug*

its TRUE...!! tongue.gif

and most of them are an Asian..(like me..) laugh.giftongue.gif

grin2.gifrolleyes.gif

user posted image

if you look on the bottom right you can see figures, they are usually void of detail because of the method they used at the time, but they dont have beards...but do you expect them to have beards?

Why wouldn't they shave? They were anatomically almost identical to us and a newly knapped flint is comparable to a razor-blade in cutting ability. I think you're assuming that they wouldn't have thought how to shave because they were in some way "thick", but then someone had to invent it.

come on now, they didnt even have fingers most of the time. little more than stick figures.

cave paintings were made to tell storys correct? i don't think beards were really an important element and it was just like let's do this quick and simple so that we can remember maybe? and also they wern't that advanced art detail probally wasn't a big deal but then again who knows...

It's pretty simple why they never had beards drawn in cave paintings (if a little facetious grin2.gif ).......if you're going to get your "picture" taken, you want to at least look somewhat respectable, don't you tongue.giftongue.gifgrin2.gif

Don't want to foster any ideas that later generations might have of you grin2.giftongue.gifgrin2.gif

A beard on a stick figure would look a little strange now wouldn't it? alien.gif Seriously, cave paintings are highly stylized works, they don't seem to actually represent individual people. They usually have more religious connotations, tied to the success of the hunt and what not. Native American and Australian petroglyphs also have this stick figure form.

I don't know about anywhere else, But in the southwest of the U.S. very few of the native americans can grow beards. While some can, it is a general genetic fact that certain tribes such as the Navajo do not have facial hair. Since these good folks are decendents of early man, at least here in he U.S. it would stand to reason that they would have the same traits as their forebearers.

Just a thought.

Edited by stillcrazy

the people that would have been paintinf the cave pictures were VERY hairy. the native amreicans were, of course, decended from the siberian nomads, who dont have much facial hair, like alot of eastern orientals.

And even if they didn't have a real good reason for not drawing facial hair, how can you jump from that to Atlantis? It's a good point, yet it needs more proof for you to just go right into how the Atlantians did it. That's just kind of...looking for evidence that doesn't exist....good point though. More connections are needed for me though.

I don't think that beards would show up in cave paintings as they are just a step up from stick figures.

I don't see any eyes in the cave drawings either, but supposition leads me to believe that they were there...

They don't even have faces, much less beards or eyes, by that evidence you could argue that cavemen were really malnourished, and blind.