Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Warfare across the Cosmos (?)

Widdekind

Terrestrial - Of, or pertaining to, land as opposed to "aquatic."

We're arguing over words, not concepts. According to the source I cited, Bottlenose Dolphins are the second most intelligent species on Earth.

Specifically since this forum frequently discusses "Extra-Terrestrials" (so called), I specifically sought not to imply, that Bottlenose Dolphins are the "second most intelligent species [period]". For, that would imply that Humans are the "first most intelligent species [period]". But, that is a boast I do not wish to make, in the context of (alleged) E.T.s capable of contacting this planet, from far away, as per this forum (which would imply that they possess superior, supra-human, cognitive capacities).

All I'm trying to say is, "Bottlenose Dolphins are the second most intelligent species on Earth" (according to said cited source). If this was confusing for everyone, I apologize. If you are claiming that Orcas are actually smarter than BNDs, please post references & sources, which I would welcome.

We're arguing over words, not concepts. According to the source I cited, Bottlenose Dolphins are the second most intelligent species on Earth.

Specifically since this forum frequently discusses "Extra-Terrestrials" (so called), I specifically sought not to imply, that Bottlenose Dolphins are the "second most intelligent species [period]". For, that would imply that Humans are the "first most intelligent species [period]". But, that is a boast I do not wish to make, in the context of (alleged) E.T.s capable of contacting this planet, from far away, as per this forum (which would imply that they possess superior, supra-human, cognitive capacities).

All I'm trying to say is, "Bottlenose Dolphins are the second most intelligent species on Earth" (according to said cited source). If this was confusing for everyone, I apologize. If you are claiming that Orcas are actually smarter than BNDs, please post references & sources, which I would welcome.

No, actually we were simply pointing out you were wrong. It is like saying fish when you mean bird, it is just wrong.

Your source is just wrong then, sorry. Intelligence is subjective, and brain to body ratio is not a scientifically accepted indicator of intelligence. There is not actual ranking of how intelligent animals are because it is something that dependent on your lifestyle and environment.

Conjectured ET's you mean, basically, you have just made them up.

I have attended a few psychic circles... and during some of these sessions some of the members channelled beings from other worlds... A form of telepathy? Psychic possession? I was observing how the personalities.. mannerisms.. were totally different to the person who was channelling...

A reasonably well known Channeller/possession is Jane Roberts and the 'Seth' channelings..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Roberts

Psychic attack... I wonder about some of the people with multi personalities... Could some of them have been partially possessed via beings from other dimensions?

Or some of those alcoholics... when suddenly their eyes glaze over.. their personality changes and they completely act out of character, as if someone else has taken them over.. Afterwards they have no memory of what went on.

Could the alcohol or drugs, freeze or numb the part of the brain that houses the soul.. the consciousness of the individual , thus allowing random spirits/ beings to take over?

I am sure that some of you have witnessed this scenario... When under the influence of excessive alcohol or drugs..the person's energy changes completely.. It is like you are confronted with a stranger.. They look at you differently.. address you differently.. and say things and behave completely out of character.

Those that are suffering from sever addictions feel like they have lost a part of themselves, have lost control.. It is like the new addictive energy is fighting with the personality every step of the way to keep the person hooked in order to allow it to have a hold on the body...

If you look at the studies of annorexia they mention how there is a little voice in their conscious that controls them..by making them weak with negative 'self talk' to control their eating..

The Bronte organization calls it the 'negative mind' and learn to understand how it is influencing them,learn to distinguish healthy 'self talk' with 'negative self talk' that is making them weaker. The thinner and weaker they get, the louder the voice gets.

It certainly sounds like some energetic vampiric like? power taking over.. possessing them.

So maybe there is some sort of Cosmos Psychic interaction already going on..in various ways..on various levels...

Edited by crystal sage

Crystal Sage

I do reads for people and I do not have to be sleep deprived, anorexic, drunk or on drugs to be able to do it.

However, I will say that one time I was drunk (I do not drink anymore) and for this one inparticular person they said I did a haunting accurate read for them about what they were thinking x amt of the time for over and hour talkign to them..but I don't really remember the whole thing of it ironcially. That was the only time I could see what your saying come into effect. I can see how you think, but you certainly don't have to harm yourself to do this.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a psychic group becaus chances are if its too good it probably is..and lets just say you don't go around finding groups of them....however it is possible undder certain scenarios or big meetups if planned in event. But it's unlikely for all of them to do what they actually say. When seeing ghosts I would personally only see the ghosts or try to that are from anyone in that room, that way you can actually have all of it validated.

I wouldn't call it being possessed, it's just listening quiet frankly, very few times are people entirely possessed lol with other peoples thoughts..and if so it's usually only a few seconds/minutes so subtle that it's unnoticable to most.

My own opininon is that we are all connected in our 'collective subconcious'. Also, some peoples energies are addictive, but then again we are chemical beings are we not? Certain individuals chemicals make us naturally like them or hate them in ways we can not always conciously understand. We are just chemicals interacting together, which makes a lot of things happen including repel, attraction, neutralization, and other weird things to alter the chemical all together.

I have always held the idea that IF an aggressive alien speices did want to attack us, we would never see them or it coming... they could change only a small element on our planet and cause extinction, while they were on their way here to lay claim... So I wonder how telekinesis would play into your theory. Could that ablility also be something that could be done at great distances.... Not saying that "they" would move buildings or make us float into space, but perhaps create slight change to our environment, atmosphere etc...

I don't think any species would directly attack us at first, the only reason I say this is curiosity. To kill would probably bore them if anything, I believe we are our own worse threat. Wouldn't think so much as moving buildings, more so they could just change our molecular componet by raising x amount of vibrations. I've actually had a weird thought about this, that they would randomly raise the vibrations (like in cells) of a human on such a scale that it would kill them because the cells would basically rupture.

Anywho, when you dream you aren't speaking with your mouth are you. Without hesitation you just communicate with picture images/words directly..speeds things up. Just a thought.

Crystal Sage

I do reads for people and I do not have to be sleep deprived, anorexic, drunk or on drugs to be able to do it.

I believe I was suggesting from experience it is much easier to do readings.. have psychic visions when on the brink of sleep...

Also in reference to the topic of Psychic attack...I was suggesting that when some people are suffering from annorexia or some serious drug addictions.. have alcaholic black outs.. they could be under the influence of alternate energies...

I have noted that sometimes these people act totally out of character... seem to be out of conrol, their survival instinct is not helping here.. it is almost like an energy is taking over and working against the individual... noting the more the individual is abusing.. the weaker their common sense/ survival instinct is... it is like the addiction has the power.. The Bronte organization has some success by actually naming this abusing energy as the 'negative self'.. treating it as separate from it's core being... and being aware of it's 'voice'. Recognizing this negative self talk an another separate entity and thereby helps the individual separate itself and take away some of the power from this debilitating negativity..judge nurture the positive side that sees the individual as worthy..

In therapy the counselor would discuss these internal conversations.. proddings and help them recognize what is healthy and what is negative 'self talk'.. so they learn how to resist this negativity...no matter how loudly it speaks to them.. they are advised by some counsellors that sometimes when the negativity is threatened.. it may speak louder than usual.. twist their perception of reality ,manipulate the individual by using and magnifying any of the negativity in one's life as punishement for not listening...for eating... to it's cause... I suppose you could even visualize the old cartoons of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other..

However, I will say that one time I was drunk (I do not drink anymore) and for this one inparticular person they said I did a haunting accurate read for them about what they were thinking x amt of the time for over and hour talkign to them..but I don't really remember the whole thing of it ironcially. That was the only time I could see what your saying come into effect. I can see how you think, but you certainly don't have to harm yourself to do this.

I do not deliberately drink heavily or harm myself in any way to obtain this state.. as I rarely drink.. but I have noticed on a couple of ocassions when I did have a couple... LOL.... I do not have a good head for alcohol and only a couple of glasses can get me quite merry... my focus gets a little distorted.. and I do see auric shapes and energy fields... But then that can happen too when I am in a daydream state.. wondering about something and just staring blankly... I have tried to get in this state deliberately and have had various successes there too..

It is these random experiences when you least expect them.. eg.. brink of sleep.. relaxed slightly our of focus with a glass or two wine.. or in a day dream state... that makes you aware that you may have a gift here that you can work on.. strengthen...

Personally, I wouldn't trust a psychic group becaus chances are if its too good it probably is..and lets just say you don't go around finding groups of them....however it is possible undder certain scenarios or big meetups if planned in event. But it's unlikely for all of them to do what they actually say. When seeing ghosts I would personally only see the ghosts or try to that are from anyone in that room, that way you can actually have all of it validated.

With the psychic development class it was only an extension of my Reiki healing classes.. to help us become more aware of the spirit world.. energy fields.. to teach us how to meditate... these channelings of an ET personality was an unexpected bonus... LOL.. but it did make me come back for more of these classes to see if it happened again... There was no hidden agenda here...
I wouldn't call it being possessed, it's just listening quiet frankly, very few times are people entirely possessed lol with other peoples thoughts..and if so it's usually only a few seconds/minutes so subtle that it's unnoticable to most.
Not always.. but I know what you mean... if I allow my mind to go blank.. like in a zen mode.. I can often 'hear' the answer to Trivial Persuit games... It is like they actually spoke it but I can't see their mouths moving... or you can mentally just open and expand your mind and allow the answer to claim you...or focus on who has the card.. or who ever seems to be bursting to call out the answer... LOL.. I feel bad about this as it is in a way cheating... but I do admit that I didn't have a clue as to the answers.. but must of read their minds... They of course laugh it off as ridiculous..as people of course can't really read minds...

My own opininon is that we are all connected in our 'collective subconcious'. Also, some peoples energies are addictive, but then again we are chemical beings are we not? Certain individuals chemicals make us naturally like them or hate them in ways we can not always conciously understand. We are just chemicals interacting together, which makes a lot of things happen including repel, attraction, neutralization, and other weird things to alter the chemical all together.

Edited by crystal sage

Crystal

I am going back for my last Reiki class hopefully this summer, only reason is because I have to be cerfified in FL otherwise I wouldn't care..and I refuse to pay for some psychic bs on development..but each to their own. I feel it is best to formulate ones own skills and then watch other people..but pay for it I refuse to haha.

Interesting that you keep on brining up 'alternative energy', I will tell you this. It is important for individuals to discern their thoughts from other peoples thoughts in their minds. Humans are egocentric beings for the most part, so naturally most people assume that all of their thoughts in their mind ARE theirs, I mean pshhh they couldn't possibly see it any other way haha. Finally, the few who are very intuititive realize that hey, wait a SECOND...these thoughts aren't all mine!! (GASP) haha So, once and if they ever figure that out its realizing what is theirs and then where the other information is coming from, it's ie knowing how to target the source.

• Like 1

Crystal

I am going back for my last Reiki class hopefully this summer, only reason is because I have to be cerfified in FL otherwise I wouldn't care..and I refuse to pay for some psychic bs on development..but each to their own. I feel it is best to formulate ones own skills and then watch other people..but pay for it I refuse to haha.

Interesting that you keep on brining up 'alternative energy', I will tell you this. It is important for individuals to discern their thoughts from other peoples thoughts in their minds. Humans are egocentric beings for the most part, so naturally most people assume that all of their thoughts in their mind ARE theirs, I mean pshhh they couldn't possibly see it any other way haha. Finally, the few who are very intuititive realize that hey, wait a SECOND...these thoughts aren't all mine!! (GASP) haha So, once and if they ever figure that out its realizing what is theirs and then where the other information is coming from, it's ie knowing how to target the source.

This was over 10 years ago.. by an awesome teacher... these Psychic classes.. or practice classes that I went to for the various modalities, by all the Rebel teachers I seemed to have been drawn to only cost about 5 dollars in an honesty jar that more or less covered the refreshments she provided and the wonderful atmosphere they created with mood music .. incense...crystals.. and her gorgeous self... One of my favourite teachers was Florina.. she was an 70 year old with attitude and the wickedest sense of humour that took no BS from anyone,...

The actual Reiki course cost about 250 dollars.. I only got as far as I and II with all of the courses I did .. such as Ki Force..Magnified Healing.. etc.. for some reason they said I wasn't ready for Master level...LOL.. maybe because I found the energies powerful enough as it was...

( I found that each modality had a different energy that seemed to react on different levels... Ki force was quite strong.. but Magnified healing was the most beautiful energy...)

I use my own blend of various energies as intuition takes me... prefering distance healing or working on the outer energy fields... I feel it is purer and stronger than actual 'hands on' in most cases... ( ^_^;) .. I do my own version like you.. an adaption of all I learned... )

Edited by crystal sage

Agreed, they sometimes teach more symbolism and..well I don't do all of the ask this person and that person or whoever from above..I just start, always how I've been. I do like hands off myself because I am so sensative compared to the average jo...it would psyhically hurt my hands and cramp them a lot and other things. So, healing a distance puts a bigger barrier, however, over the yrs. I have gotten good at shielding myself while at the same time doing work..which is harder than people think when your that sensative. Anywho, sometimes people still get me with their crap! lol :P

But ya the only reason to go to those things sometimes, are the people who make it priceless!

• Like 1

Agreed, they sometimes teach more symbolism and..well I don't do all of the ask this person and that person or whoever from above..I just start, always how I've been. I do like hands off myself because I am so sensative compared to the average jo...it would psyhically hurt my hands and cramp them a lot and other things. So, healing a distance puts a bigger barrier, however, over the yrs. I have gotten good at shielding myself while at the same time doing work..which is harder than people think when your that sensative. Anywho, sometimes people still get me with their crap! lol :P

But ya the only reason to go to those things sometimes, are the people who make it priceless!

Yes it was a pretty cool group...

That's precisely what I'm positing in my posts -- a "Telepathically potent" alien could conceivably cast its consciousness into (willing?) human minds, and infuse that "host" human mind w/ its own Will (injecting information, and desires about how to act upon that information).

Indeed, precisely as posited, another forum member in another thread, has observed, that (organized) religion has hamstrung human scientific progress & amounts to a method of mass control, and that such could also be the case for other intelligent aliens. So, if a "Telepathic predator" species could Telepathically trick other sentient species -- as is suggested for humans here upon this particular planet -- into some sort of "self-destruction" (Global Warming, Industrial Pollution, Nuclear War), by means of such mass control capability...

then it would follow, that those searching for alien intelligences (1) are "too late" (those sentient species having annihilated themselves, due to The Predator's telepathic trickery); and (2) should seek only the "crumbling ruins" of those now-ancient alien civilizations. For example, perhaps The Predator's tell-tale signature of such telepathic trickery ("calling card") is induced global climatic catastrophe ("Global Warming"), induced planetary pollution ("Industrial Pollution"), or induced auto-annihilatory nuclear war ("Nuclear War"). In such a case, it would be well for Exo-planet hunters to look for such signatures -- "Venus worlds" (could our own Venus have preceded us in such doom & demise??), chemical signatures of industrial pollutants, and "Mad Max / Terminator worlds".

Edited by Widdekind
  • Like 1

Psychic attack... I wonder about some of the people with multi personalities... Could some of them have been partially possessed via beings from other dimensions?

Or some of those alcoholics... when suddenly their eyes glaze over.. their personality changes and they completely act out of character, as if someone else has taken them over.. Afterwards they have no memory of what went on.

Could the alcohol or drugs, freeze or numb the part of the brain that houses the soul.. the consciousness of the individual , thus allowing random spirits/ beings to take over?

I am sure that some of you have witnessed this scenario... When under the influence of excessive alcohol or drugs..the person's energy changes completely.. It is like you are confronted with a stranger.. They look at you differently.. address you differently.. and say things and behave completely out of character.

Those that are suffering from sever addictions feel like they have lost a part of themselves, have lost control.. It is like the new addictive energy is fighting with the personality every step of the way to keep the person hooked in order to allow it to have a hold on the body...

If you look at the studies of annorexia they mention how there is a little voice in their conscious that controls them..by making them weak with negative 'self talk' to control their eating..

The Bronte organization calls it the 'negative mind' and learn to understand how it is influencing them,learn to distinguish healthy 'self talk' with 'negative self talk' that is making them weaker. The thinner and weaker they get, the louder the voice gets.

It certainly sounds like some energetic vampiric like? power taking over.. possessing them.

In my inexpert guestimation, (1) drugs alter the brain electro-chemistry; (2) since the brain's electrical activities "drive" consciousness, drugs alter consciousess. All I'm essentially suggesting is, that Telepathy, too, can impart & impose, into a target (when willing??), the same sorts of perturbations in brain functioning & consciousness.

(And thanks very much for the links.)

• Like 1

I have always held the idea that IF an aggressive alien speices did want to attack us, we would never see them or it coming... they could change only a small element on our planet and cause extinction, while they were on their way here to lay claim... So I wonder how telekinesis would play into your theory. Could that ablility also be something that could be done at great distances.... Not saying that "they" would move buildings or make us float into space, but perhaps create slight change to our environment, atmosphere etc...

I understand, that Telepathic types of abilities (eg., Remote Viewing) are not really restricted in range. Thus, an aggressive, Telepathically potent, alien could conceivably use Telepathy to "trick" mankind, into mauling annihilating itself (and possibly its planet). This could conceivably be accomplished remotely, perhaps even before its corporeal conquest & colonization occurred ("look before you leap", pacify the planet completely before coming).

• Like 1

Wikke

First off to do this, the person does NOT have to be willing. Tons of people aren't 'willing' to do or see anything yet messages are still sent to them, to 'do things' or act a certain way everyday. (commericals ext)

Secondly, who says it has to be trickery, it could be plain as day do this do that or get killed. Sometimes trickery doesn't have to exist, sometimes the truth is deadlier.

Finally it is not some 'alien' we need to worry about, we will kill eachother faster than any other species could. Just my two cents though.

Edited by puridalan

Wikke

First off to do this, the person does NOT have to be willing. Tons of people aren't 'willing' to do or see anything yet messages are still sent to them, to 'do things' or act a certain way everyday. (commericals ext)

Secondly, who says it has to be trickery, it could be plain as day do this do that or get killed. Sometimes trickery doesn't have to exist, sometimes the truth is deadlier.

Finally it is not some 'alien' we need to worry about, we will kill eachother faster than any other species could. Just my two cents though.

First, "stereotypical" descriptions of Possession purport that the human host must be willing to accept the Super-Natural "into" their lives. For example, "stereotypically", Catholicism claims that a true believer must be willing to "let Jesus Christ into their hearts", whilst those who succumb to sin "willingly sell their souls to Satan".

Second, I'm strongly suggesting, that mankind mauls itself, and its planet, b/c of "telepathic trickery", by a "telepathically potent" Predator, who purports to be some sort of "supreme god", in order to trick mankind into doing its bidding... which is wiping out the human species (presumably to eliminate a competitor, and conquer & colonize its world & star system).

then it would follow, that those searching for alien intelligences (1) are "too late" (those sentient species having annihilated themselves, due to The Predator's telepathic trickery); and (2) should seek only the "crumbling ruins" of those now-ancient alien civilizations. For example, perhaps The Predator's tell-tale signature of such telepathic trickery ("calling card") is induced global climatic catastrophe ("Global Warming"), induced planetary pollution ("Industrial Pollution"), or induced auto-annihilatory nuclear war ("Nuclear War"). In such a case, it would be well for Exo-planet hunters to look for such signatures -- "Venus worlds" (could our own Venus have preceded us in such doom & demise??), chemical signatures of industrial pollutants, and "Mad Max / Terminator worlds".

I wanted to add, that, if our own Venus' runaway greenhouse atmosphere was artificially induced, by some sentient species many millions of years ago, then perhaps said species sent probes to our planet (!). Perhaps said species sent "Viking landers" on "Terra missions" to our Carboniferous Era (~360-300 Mya) swamp forests, or witnessed the days of the dinosaurs (~230-65 Mya). Perhaps parts of their probes lie buried in coal seems, or other ancient rock deposits upon this planet (!).

Also, there are some elements on the Periodic Table which do not occur naturally, but instead are solely produced by artificial means (e.g. neutron bombardment). If these elements were to be detected on Exo-planets, that would probably indicate the presence of a (past?) sentient civilized species.

Civilized is a term used by society, and it's constantly changing from each point of view what we consider to be 'civilized' haha. Secondly, I see where your coming from, and it's not hard to see when their are plently of commericals on tv suggestive of many things, along with signs along the roadways, almost anything and everything.

But I do not believe that one has to 'awaringly' all the time accept something, this is just not true. As for 'trickery' that too is a term where some people believed indeed they are tricked unknowingly because they do not know...or do not wish to know. Do you see where I'm coming from.

I wanted to add, that, if our own Venus' runaway greenhouse atmosphere was artificially induced, by some sentient species many millions of years ago, then perhaps said species sent probes to our planet (!). Perhaps said species sent "Viking landers" on "Terra missions" to our Carboniferous Era (~360-300 Mya) swamp forests, or witnessed the days of the dinosaurs (~230-65 Mya). Perhaps parts of their probes lie buried in coal seems, or other ancient rock deposits upon this planet (!).

Also, there are some elements on the Periodic Table which do not occur naturally, but instead are solely produced by artificial means (e.g. neutron bombardment). If these elements were to be detected on Exo-planets, that would probably indicate the presence of a (past?) sentient civilized species.

According to the History Channel documentary Life After People -- Crypts of Civilization (TV), over the past century, people have created numerous major crypts, to cache cultural artifacts, designed to last many millennia. For example, the Crypt of Civilization is designed to be opened in 8113 AD [~6000 years]; and the 10,000 year clock is (a prototype) designed to last 10,000 years; and the Keo Satellite is designed to last 50,000 years.

If other alien sentient species sensed their impending doom -- as humans apparently do -- then perhaps they, too, created crypt-caches, of cultural & technological artifacts, in a forlorn attempt to preserve some aspect of their memory. Thus, if true, human exploration (and archaeological excavation) of those crypt-caches, could avail mankind of the technological achievements of those sentient species.

Civilized is a term used by society, and it's constantly changing from each point of view what we consider to be 'civilized' haha. Secondly, I see where your coming from, and it's not hard to see when their are plently of commericals on tv suggestive of many things, along with signs along the roadways, almost anything and everything.

But I do not believe that one has to 'awaringly' all the time accept something, this is just not true. As for 'trickery' that too is a term where some people believed indeed they are tricked unknowingly because they do not know...or do not wish to know. Do you see where I'm coming from.

I suppose that self-deception plays an important part -- perhaps part of "being willing" (as it were) ?

Fear &
wonder
— a
power
ful combination

Senator Gracchus,
Gladiator
(DVD)

Any sufficiently advanced
technology
is indistinguishable from
magic

Arthur C. Clarke,
Profiles of The Future
(1961 AD) (
Clarke's 3
rd
Law
)

SUMMARY: I'm essentially saying, that an advanced alien civilization, wielding advanced "Telepathic Weapons", could co-opt & control the consciousnesses of (willing?) humans. Such "Telepathic consciousness manipulations" might be perceived as "awe-some" & "wondrous" to the targeted species. As such, such "Telepathic Weapons" could be considered "Alien Wunder-Waffen [Wonder Weapons]".

As for any purported part played by self-deception, the notion of being "contacted by the consciousness of [self-proclaimed] 'god'" could be very flattering, to targeted species, inducing & enticing their collaboration w/ the off-worlders.

Edited by Widdekind

The Ouija group I was a member of had a number of quite unique board pesonalities with identifiable traits that really couldn't be easily mistaken for any one person in the group, but I still don't believe we were ever in contact with any actual entities - I just think group dynamics, both conscious and unconscious, can be a lot more sophisticated than people think.

I have a hard time with the telepathic weapons causing humans to self-destruct because it just sounds like an extreme "external locus of self control", projecting the idea of some nebulous outside force as being responsible for the things our species does, rather than just our species being itself.

That's precisely what I'm positing in my posts -- a "Telepathically potent" alien could conceivably cast its consciousness into (willing?) human minds, and infuse that "host" human mind w/ its own Will (injecting information, and desires about how to act upon that information).

Indeed, precisely as posited, another forum member in another thread, has observed, that (organized) religion has hamstrung human scientific progress & amounts to a method of mass control, and that such could also be the case for other intelligent aliens. So, if a "Telepathic predator" species could Telepathically trick other sentient species -- as is suggested for humans here upon this particular planet -- into some sort of "self-destruction" (Global Warming, Industrial Pollution, Nuclear War), by means of such mass control capability...

hey... other planets in our solar system are warming up too...

My linkSun Blamed for Warming of Earth and Other Worlds

But I do think that energetic influence is not always perpetrated on the willing.

The Ouija group I was a member of had a number of quite unique board pesonalities with identifiable traits that really couldn't be easily mistaken for any one person in the group, but I still don't believe we were ever in contact with any actual entities - I just think group dynamics, both conscious and unconscious, can be a lot more sophisticated than people think.

I have a hard time with the telepathic weapons causing humans to self-destruct because it just sounds like an extreme "external locus of self control", projecting the idea of some nebulous outside force as being responsible for the things our species does, rather than just our species being itself.

That is an apt & succinct summary of this suggestion.

What I can offer, is a set of testable predictions. The famous Italian Astronomer, Giordiano Bruno, looked at the planets orbiting our Sun, saw other suns across the sky, and said that those stars surely also possessed both planets, some "bearing upon them creatures similar, or even superior, to those upon our human Earth". We may summarize this simply as "Bruno's Law — If it happens here, it happens everywhere".

According, then, to Bruno's Law, all of the ignorance & folly, which will bring about the doom & demise of our primitive species, since it happens here, has happened everywhere. Thus, it is a (theoretically) testable prediction, that our Galaxy is currently littered w/ the ruins & relics of ancient sentient species, who foolishly preceded us into 'self-inflicted' doom & demise.

This says, at the simplest, that our skies should show no signs of sentience, b/c such sentient species previously perished in the past, perhaps many millions of years ago. Upon their planets, all that remains are rubbled ruins, reminiscent of Life After People (HC) & Aftermath — Population Zero (NGC).

Thus, these purported predeceased species have probably petrified into fossils by the present period, upon their home planets (presuming said to be Geologically [Planetologically?] Active):

The Earth After Us: What Legacy Will Humans Leave in the Rocks?

Jan Zalasiewicz

Review
[Alibris Books]
:
Geologist Jan Zalasiewicz takes the reader
one hundred million years
into the future, long after the human race became extinct, to explore what will remain of humanity's brief but dramatic sojourn on planet Earth. He tells how geologists in the far future - perhaps an alien species re-discovering Earth - might piece together the history of the planet, and slowly decipher the fact of humanity's existence, activities, and ultimate extinction from the traces we will leave impressed in the rock strata.
The Earth After Us
takes this novel approach to show how geologists unravel the information in the rocks. As the alien scientists start investigating the strata, what story will they tell of us? What kind of fossils will humans leave behind? What will happen to cities, cars, and plastic cups? How thick a layer will the 'human stratum' be? And will it be obvious which species dominated the planet? It reveals a story of an environmental crisis similar in scale to even earlier mass extinction events, yet puzzlingly different:
a crisis where extinctions were accompanied by a bizarre global merry-go-round of organisms and by sharp perturbations of climate
. The trail leads finally to the bones of the inhabitants of petrified cities that have lain deep underground for
many millions of years
. As thought-provoking as it is engaging, this book simultaneously explains both the geological mechanisms that shape our planet, and also offers a perspective on humanity and its actions that may prove to be more objective than any other. For our final legacy, Zalasiewicz argues, will provide the ultimate verdict on our species and on our relationship to planet Earth.

But, maybe Moon or Asteroid bases, not being buried by wind, weather, & geological forces, might actually preserve the best evidence of these long-lost ruined species. Maybe we could find evidence for "a bizarre global merry-go-round of organisms and by sharp perturbations of climate" — for example, perhaps we should expect to see "planets in recovery" after nuclear war, or 'self-inflicted' global warming. Perhaps we should expect to see "unnatural" diversities of life, in surviving ecosystems, which show the "tell tale imprint" of these "puzzlingly different" kinds of mass extinctions — for example, Lifeforms tend to increase in complexity over time, so that a "natural" unperturbed Ecosystem has a 'smooth distribution', of number of species, plotted against some sort of complexity score... but after a "puzzling" mass extinction, brought about by the (bizarre) behavior of that world's sentient species, you could conceivably end up w/ an "unnatural" distribution, where most of the world is populated by primitive microbes (as if the world were very young, being "bombed back into the stone age"), but w/ a few relic surviving complex forms ('cockroaches & rats') that stand mute witness to the previously greater biodiversity, upon that planet, in the past.

I am convinced, that if you were sufficiently sly, you could wring, out of this "Predator Hypothesis", some testable predictions, above & beyond, "we should see nothing... b/c The Predator already induced their destructions". Something along the lines of "we should see 'puzzling' signatures of Life, indicating planets recovering from a [geologically] recent Mass Extinction"; strange evidence of technological relics on Moons & Asteroids in systems where the home planet looks like it lacks a sentient species ("Dust covered probes on Mars"), etc.

As you said, this theory posits a prediction so "extreme" — rubbled ruins of failure & folly across the galaxy — that there has to be some sort of "barely visible signature", that even we humans could see, in the next few decades. For example, Global Warming allegedly causes "Super Storms". Perhaps the presence of 'puzzling' sorts of storm systems will be visible w/in the next few decades, and could confirm (or refute) this suggestion.

Edited by Widdekind

Hypnotism can put people into trances, wherein the target only heeds "voices of authority". So, some sort of "Telepathic Hypnotism" could conceivably explain the extreme reluctance of mankind to quit its bad habits, which surely seem to be speeding swiftly towards doom & demise, as men reject all (Terrestrial) voices of reason, in favor of their "consciences" & "inner wills" (which are, allegedly, actually influenced by an Extra-Terrestrial telepathic power).