Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Streetlight phenonmenon:

Andrea

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you know anything, or have experienced anything with the so called "streetlight phenomenon" SLIDERs thing. If you know anything, please get back to me with any info you have original.gif

Anyways, I have always seemed to just make wrist watches just STOP working. The can be cheap or expensive watches for that matter, when i go to get them fixed, they always tell me there is nothing wrong with it! lol..long story short, i don't wear watches anymore. Also, ive worked at a restaraunt for a couple of years now, i always seem to demagnatize the 'swipe cards.' This always happens with debit/visa and student cards as well. Ive also notices too, that i seem to put out 'streetlights' quite often, i walk under them and they completely dim out. I can jump back and forth under them, and the light also goes on and off, from when i am underneath it.

I seem to have narrowed these weird occurances down to when im VERY upset, or worked up about sumthing...or when im extremely stressed.

Anways, i know that im not the ONLY person in the world that has this weird sort of thing. There has to be tones more pple. I just want to know a little more about it from people, because i can't figure out whether it's a weird coincidence, im crazy or just how it works. Whether its a special sort of gift or i just have high amounts of energy in my body ha ha..i dont know.

If anyone could write me back/leave messages on here, that knows ANYTHING little thing about this so called 'Streetlight phenomenon' that would be great original.gif

Thanks alot

*Cheers, ANdrea

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• Universal Absurdity

• Babs

• NickFun

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh........Human magnitism(sp?) type thing?

Meh, dunno.

although it's kinda funny that streetlights don't like you. lol

People interfere with electrical things. I think I do...unless my home and land are haunted. The lights in my car have gone on when I passed it...car locked and no key in ignition. Tv remote control changes channels...happened once. These things have happened once and I can't will them to happen, although, sometimes I know they are going to happen, I have a sense about it. Truck lurched forward a foot...right at me, one day. Scores of incidents with cars outside on the road in front of my house. (break-downs, accidents etc.) Electric garage door incidents...constantly moving by themselves. I also have photos of my home and land that have orbs, streaks and ghostly mists in them. blink.gif

There are threads here that tell you about how to develop psi and links that you can look up. Good Luck....Babs

I also experience the "streetlight phenomenon". I also have psychic experinces on a daily basis. I have just come to accept it as something wondrous and, occasionally, a pain in the ass.

i put street lights out all the time

what i want to know is why dont i put traffic lights out??? wacko.gif

The "Streetlight Phenomena" is basically the mind finding a pattern where none exists. Please forgive a repost:

The mind is essentially a lazy thing. It likes patterns because patterns are predictable and predictability means not having to construct and maintain new neural pathways, thus conserving energy. This bias towards patterns leads to a few interesting phenomena, such as the famous memory trick of attaching something that you wish to remember to something that you don't have to memorize ("Her name is Goldi, she got golden blonde hair, Goldi-Golden, Goldi-Golden", etc...).

Likewise, the mind tends to notice things that are out of place, because it might then have to get off it's duff and memorize it. If I ask you if you've seen a blue car today, you might think about it a bit and nod, "Yeah, probably." Now, what if I ask you "Did You See A Bright Pink Hummer With Purple Polka-Dots Being Driven By A Neon Green Dragon?" At that point, your mind will respond fairly quickly "Ah, no...no I did not see that." It would have remembered something so out of place. Also note how that sentence above is so much easier to find than the other sentences, just because all the first letters are capitalized.

So, let's say that you are walking down a street with streetlights. As you hum along, your mind is in cruise, not really paying attention. Suddenly, just as you pass by (or close enough to) one of the lights flickers. Your mind jumps to attention and makes a note. As the walk goes on, nothing happens, you forget the whole thing. Except now, as you walk down other streets at other times, and the lights flicker, your mind is busy compiling all those events, till suddenly the thought is formed, "Hey, streetlights flicker when I walk by! Weird." The brain successfully found a pattern where none existed, not at all interested in the many lights you passed without affecting, or how often the lights flickered when you were nowhere close.

i really doubt it has anything to do with psionics. probably just a magnetic or electrical charge you have.

Anyways, I have always seemed to just make wrist watches just STOP working. The can be cheap or expensive watches for that matter, when i go to get them fixed, they always tell me there is nothing wrong with it! lol..long story short, i don't wear watches anymore.

Same thing with my grandmother! The doctor told her she has too much electrical activity in her body. wacko.gif

Hmmmm I head about people like that before. Sounds weird, but I will have to see it in real life to believe that's true. blink.gif

• 4 years later...

Andrea, I have the same thing happening to me all the time. I have some sort of physic things happen too. Until I know better I choose to believe these are messages from loved ones letting me know they are around. I know others may disagree but that is how I handle it until somebody has a better answer.

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you know anything, or have experienced anything with the so called "streetlight phenomenon" SLIDERs thing. If you know anything, please get back to me with any info you have :)

Anyways, I have always seemed to just make wrist watches just STOP working. The can be cheap or expensive watches for that matter, when i go to get them fixed, they always tell me there is nothing wrong with it! lol..long story short, i don't wear watches anymore. Also, ive worked at a restaraunt for a couple of years now, i always seem to demagnatize the 'swipe cards.' This always happens with debit/visa and student cards as well. Ive also notices too, that i seem to put out 'streetlights' quite often, i walk under them and they completely dim out. I can jump back and forth under them, and the light also goes on and off, from when i am underneath it.

I seem to have narrowed these weird occurances down to when im VERY upset, or worked up about sumthing...or when im extremely stressed.

Anways, i know that im not the ONLY person in the world that has this weird sort of thing. There has to be tones more pple. I just want to know a little more about it from people, because i can't figure out whether it's a weird coincidence, im crazy or just how it works. Whether its a special sort of gift or i just have high amounts of energy in my body ha ha..i dont know.

If anyone could write me back/leave messages on here, that knows ANYTHING little thing about this so called 'Streetlight phenomenon' that would be great :)

Thanks alot

*Cheers, ANdrea

Here you go

http://paranormal.about.com/od/telekinesis.../a/aa052508.htm

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you know anything, or have experienced anything with the so called "streetlight phenomenon" SLIDERs thing. If you know anything, please get back to me with any info you have :)

If anyone could write me back/leave messages on here, that knows ANYTHING little thing about this so called 'Streetlight phenomenon' that would be great :)

Thanks alot

*Cheers, ANdrea

Hey Andrea. You aren't alone I had just mentioned earlier in another post the same thing happens to me. At one point it continued for months and creeped people out around me because other things would happen as well but I was mentioning the strange thing was that people would get shocked when they touched me or I would constantly turn on a light in a room and it would blow immediately and this happened at various houses and also the street light thing as well I could drive down the street and as I passed underneath it would flicker and go out this happened again just tonight. I haven't really logically figured out what it is but it seems to have something to do with like an increased electrical field or magnetic field of some sort. Funny thing too that I can certainly relate with you is I no longer wear wrist watches either. :) There were multiple instances where I got so incredibly mad and the t.v. would shut off immediately and my partner at the time would turn it back on and again it would turn off and this happened with three different tv's at an exact time I had gotten mad. I really can't tell you what it is perhaps there is some logical explanation but I have yet to find it, still searching though.

Edited by stargazer123

Hey everyone,

Thanks alot

*Cheers, ANdrea

several times i was walking down a random road, and the cross light (the little white person thingy in the box) just turned on, the weird thing is is that it always turns on corresponding to the direction im thinking of.

My grampy couldn't wear watches, they would die on him like you said happens to you. He could also drink coffee straight out of the pot with no cooling. :blink: I put out two specific streetlights where I live when I walk to the store. One on the way there, one on the way back. Every single time. I can't figure it out.

It would be cool if it was controlable, i'm not sure if it is, but it could prove useful. I'm also glad that it doesn't effect traffic lights Universal Absurdity.

Hey everyone,

Thanks alot

*Cheers, ANdrea

This may b related in some cases,

http://indigos.piranho.de/Octarines.html